Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I'd do it near the Tau periphery. Genestealer cultists, Tau, Arbites, Inquisition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
the correct genre for star wars: The Wargame is a block wargame with loyalty cards like Sekigahara.

Also as CaptainRightful points out, "historical" is a term so broad as to be useless. You want european townships of the late medieval period onward, roman stuff, or colonial conquest and you're pretty much covered. If you want anything else you're looking for pretty niche games. I can really only think of The Great Zimbabwe and Indonesia as historical non-european or central asian games that aren't explicitly about being a colonial power, aside from the exceptions mentioned above.

I do think small scale COIN ops set closer to the present have potential, especially since a lot of police departments now use COIN tactics on minority neighborhoods.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Impermanent posted:

I do think small scale COIN ops set closer to the present have potential, especially since a lot of police departments now use COIN tactics on minority neighborhoods.

And why I'm pretty excited about the Gandhi game and of course the Algerian game which is where COIN was, uh, coined.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
They already made the perfect Star Wars game

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Thats not Star Wars Risk. :colbert:

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
I got to play Mombasa this evening at the local boardgame weekend thing. I really enjoyed it, it's the truly great kind of Euro like Hansa Teutonica or Caylus where it really pits the players against each other rather than everyone doing their own efficiency engine race.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

I dunno, rather than 40k, you could maybe do Warhammer Fantasy COIN. Call it something like "Chaos in the Old World."

al-azad posted:

Zombies can't die soon enough.

Zombies can't die.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

al-azad posted:

And why I'm pretty excited about the Gandhi game and of course the Algerian game which is where COIN was, uh, coined.

I guess it's ok for me to say I'm a playtester for Gandhi. It's real good, if you like COINs with a lot of interaction and negotiation. A lot of info about it has come out on BGG, and there will be a series of articles soon (here's the first) if you're curious about the design.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I got in a game of March of the Ants last night and was...kinda underwhelmed? I'm hoping it's like Inis in that future plays reveal an interesting meta, but it didn't feel like there were enough actions to develop a coherent strategy (and this was in the five round game), and the player who won just kinda got lucky and left alone.

Now, maybe the ultra tightness will reveal itself as warranted with more plays, but it felt kinda thin the first time through. The rest of the table liked it more than me, so it'll see more plays.

e: Reminder that they're developing a Gangs of New York COIN game:

https://twitter.com/HBuchanan2/status/748572264816250881

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

T-Bone posted:

e: Reminder that they're developing a Gangs of New York COIN game:

https://twitter.com/HBuchanan2/status/748572264816250881

This is 10x cooler than the useless drivel from the past two pages.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

homullus posted:

I dunno, rather than 40k, you could maybe do Warhammer Fantasy COIN. Call it something like "Chaos in the Old World."
I know you meant to discourage people, but all you've really done is show that the concept actually does hold water.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
gently caress yeah. A friend just bought us Terminal Directive (a:netrunner legacy)

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Played a quick game of Splendor last night, that's pretty drat fun! Took me a second to figure out a strategy(which I then forgot multiple times cause :cheers:) but I rocked my first game.

Probably get into 7 Wonders Duel tonight for one game since I've heard such great things about it.

Crashing at friend's place who has a bigger game selection than me is cool. :coolfish:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Both good games I like playing, have a nice weekend

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

I know you meant to discourage people, but all you've really done is show that the concept actually does hold water.

No, it was just a joke. I want to see more asymmetric games of all kinds.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

PMush Perfect posted:

Pretty sure homullus isn't trying to discourage anyone. He's always very encouraging of amateur game design here on the forums.

I try to be as well. I wouldn't write a 40k COIN game, but I'm still interested to see how someone else would do it and I've tried to keep my comments about it constructive. It might turn out to be a fantastic game. It also might not, but the point is that you have to write it to find out.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
It'd be really cool to put amateur game design I the game design thread and get it some traffic :shobon:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Bottom Liner posted:

This is 10x cooler than the useless drivel from the past two pages.

New york....COIN...ah, this is the JJBA arc 2 game, right? If so, :agreed:

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Playing Tash Kalar and Codex today. Might have to check out Discord for rules help again :)

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

COIN Los Angeles

Crips

Bloods

Police - FBI - Government

Latin kings or alternatively the community outreach groups.

You could even break it down into the districts and subgroups. Plenty of historical events and documentation to go along with the story.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
What size table will I need for 4 player Gloomhaven?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

LongDarkNight posted:

What size table will I need for 4 player Gloomhaven?

I have a table I'd describe as on the small side, and we manage, though it gets cramped. If you can play Terra Mystica on it, GH should be doable.

Ithle01
May 28, 2013

Jimbozig posted:

Pretty sure homullus isn't trying to discourage anyone. He's always very encouraging of amateur game design here on the forums.

I try to be as well. I wouldn't write a 40k COIN game, but I'm still interested to see how someone else would do it and I've tried to keep my comments about it constructive. It might turn out to be a fantastic game. It also might not, but the point is that you have to write it to find out.

The thing is, I agree with just about everything people have saying here about wanting to have more diversity and less of the overused IPs, but that being said I can drive fifteen minutes and within an hour have a tabletop 40K game going right now with people I don't know just by asking them at the game store. Whereas if I brought any of my other games I would be sitting alone or having to explain rules to curious, but disinterested people and maybe get one mediocre play experience out of it.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

But Warhammer people are objectively the stinkiest gamers.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

djfooboo posted:

But Warhammer people are objectively the stinkiest gamers.

Have you met Magic people?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lichtenstein posted:

Have you met Magic people?

Have you met YuGiOh people?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Rutibex posted:

Have you met YuGiOh people?

I've met Tanto Cuore people.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If you've ever met another human being then you aren't really much of a tabletop gamer, tbqh.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Bottom Liner posted:

I've met Tanto Cuore people.
Purely anecdotal, but I know several stores that refuse to stock Yu-Gi-Oh because of how toxic the community is and how much they drive away other business.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
So, Dark Souls. I know a lot of people are curious what the first impressions of it are, so let's talk about it. Huge effort-post incoming:

I've had my copy for a almost 2 weeks now, and have had a chance to play it a few times. First I taught myself how to play it by going through the gameplay solo. Next I played a full 4-player game with some friends. Finally, I did another solo attempt last night. I approached this with very low expectations, but can say I've found myself enjoying it a lot more than I expected. HOWEVER, I'll say that while I think the game is going to find a home for a lot of people who are looking for a tactical dungeon delve style game, if you have more than 1 or 2 players than that you're probably better of playing Descent or Imperial Assault or something, unless you absolutely have to play around in the Dark Souls setting. Also worth noting, all of the below is based purely on playing one-and-done games; I haven't played with the campaign rules, which do vary slightly from the standard game. So, some positives and negatives:

:love: Positives

+ Production: First, there's nothing bad to say about the quality of the content in the box. The boards are sturdy, the cards are nice quality and probably don't NEED sleeves (though there's enough shuffling happening during setup points to possibly justify them, especially because shuffling the small sized cards can be a pain), and of course all the models look great. If you get off on the idea of seeing O&S come to life on your table, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Models all come in nice trays that hold them snugly, and each miniature tray has a box to house them. The larger tray which carries all the larger boss models comes in a box that eats up a lot of the limited real estate in the game's box, so I opted to dispose of the insert box and just have the tray (with its molded plastic cover) sit loose in the box, which is the only way I can imagine fitting all the rest of the content in the box. That would be the only issue I foresee, is that when all the extras from Kickstarter fulfills later this year, I have no idea how anyone is going to house all the content they included, and that's not even considering the paid add-ons for the extra-large mega-bosses like dragons and poo poo.

+ Replayability: The game comes with 4 classes in the base game, and if you backed it on KS there's a ton more classes coming. Each class has 1 unique power which can be used once per "bonfire spark" (which is basically a life, or attempt at clearing things). Regardless of class, everyone has four stats which they have the ability to level up over the course of the game: Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Faith, each of which being able to level up from a base value, to Tier 1, then 2, then finally 3 (or optionally a 4th in campaign mode, which again I haven't played with yet). The values for all these stats are different for every class, which influences what kind of gear you'll be able to use, as you'd expect. Leveling the Warrior to Tier 1 Strength is going to give him a higher STR value than if the Assassin goes to Tier 1 STR. So if you're playing this solo, or with a single partner, there's at least a few options or combinations, and each of them will play a little differently, but do have the option of letting your acquired equipment inform your leveling as well (more on this later, though). For enemies, there are 6 different standard enemies included, 4 mini bosses, and 2 full bosses. The standard enemies make up the random encounters you have between the bonfire and the next boss fight, while you use 1 mini boss and 1 full boss in each stand alone game. The standard enemies are varied enough in how they act and how to deal with them, without being so different that you're always losing time having to reference cards. After my first couple goes through, I knew what basically all of them did and pretty much didn't need their reference cards. Bosses all have their own decks of cards which have a small amount of variance each time you encounter them so you can't 100% know everything a boss can do when you play. All that couple together with the deck of encounters cards (dictating where to place enemies in a new room) made it feel familiar, but different each time I did an encounter. I've played against 3 of the 4 mini bosses so far, and each of them had slightly different feels for sure. With all the forthcoming KS content, I think replayability will be a high selling point for the game.
I do wish that the layout of the nodes on the various game tiles was a little more varied (they're the same 3-2-3-2-3 pattern on all of them, with specific spawn nodes in different places on each). Hopefully future content makes some interesting room tiles with elevation, or permanent obstacles like statues or fountains or something you have to account for instead of just "open room with bad guys".

+ Themeing: I've played the Dark Souls franchise of video games more than any other video games in my life, and that includes most MMOs I've dabbled with. Just an absurd amount of hours poured into them. So when I say that I think they did a great job translating the video game's feel and key elements to a table top game, know that its sincere. Things like the feeling of knowing what enemies are coming up in a zone and being able to better prepare for it after a reset is spot on. That risk vs reward system of balancing your stamina & damage taken. The ability to learn an enemies attack patterns (specifically on bosses) and make decisions based on knowledge you've learned. The presence of various terrain & hazards like treasure chests and traps, and especially the gravestone markers which allow you to glean additional information on the boss you're on your way to fight (because clearly someone in another world died and left you a soapstone message to guide you). The option of trying to dodge an attack for better positioning, at the risk of eating the full damage of the attack if you screw it up (a dice roll). All the way down to special effects on specific equipment cards, like the Cloranthy Ring increasing your stamina regen each round. As a long time fan of the franchise, I can say I was really enjoying just looking at new items as they came up and appreciating how they translated everything in a very effective, clean way.

+ Decisions Matter: A sort of extension of the themeing, it does feel like you have to make the correct tactical decisions or else you'll suffer for it. Knowing the best time to use your class power, or heal with your flask, or just simply know when to spend precious stamina to kite some enemies for a turn vs engage them, etc., all feels like it contributes to your earned success or failure.

:nexus: Negatives

- Play time: This is the biggest flaw I see with the game. Because of the nature of how encounters work, each player you add to the game is going to add a LOT of extra time to your game. When starting an encounter, all enemies in the room activate which generally includes some kind of movement and/or attack. Then, player A activates. Then, ALL ENEMIES activate again. Then player B goes, etc. Not only is that an issue for total play time, but also for downtime. After you take a turn, there's going to be as many as 7 total activations (3 players and 4 enemy groups) occurring before you act again. In some cases, you may only do 1 thing during an encounter with a big group. Not the most exciting thing. For actual reference, here's the play times I've experienced in my solo learning / 4-player / solo experienced plays:
-- Solo learning - I split this up over 2 nights where I spent a couple hours each night. At 4+ hours of learning out of the book, lots of flipping back and forth, posting/inquiring on BGG about things, etc., I had died one time and was done with my first MINI boss. That means I finished 3/4 lead-up encounters, died, did 4/4 encounters, then downed the boss.
-- 4 players - After I finished teaching the group, we started actually playing around 10pm, and wrapped up our mini boss at ~1am. A little over 3 hours to do HALF of a "full game" was painful. Everyone really ENJOYED the experience; it was full of excitement and tension and uncertainty if we'd survive, but ultimately because of the player count we only got through half a game. Definitely disappointing.
-- Solo experienced - Last night I cleared 5 encounters (1, then re-did it to get more souls to level up, then did the remaining 3) in about 30 minutes. I then spent about 15 minutes attempting the mini boss and died. Picked up again this morning and re-cleared to the boss in like 15 minutes (since I knew all the encounters and what gear I was going to want to bring), and then took down the mini boss in about another 15-20min. So all said, knowing the rules and playing solo I got through half a game in an hour-and-change or so combined? Still long, but a lot more serviceable. And, a lot more engaging when you're trading blows regularly instead of waiting for your turn. All this said is why I don't think I'd ever want to really play it with more than 2 people.

- Themeing: While I think they really did knock it out of the park on translating the video game to the table, some of the experiences that make the video games so riveting and exciting are just not great board game experiences, and I wonder if there wasn't a better way to present them. The biggest thing is the grindy nature of having to re-do encounters, either because you've died and everything reset, or because you feel ill-prepared for a boss fight and want to farm souls (money) to get better equipment first. Re-doing a zone in a video game is generally a much quicker, easier to stomach ordeal in my experience. Resetting and going through the same motions for a board game multiple times can quickly just start to feel tedious (I'm looking at you, TIME Stories :argh:). Players on BGG are commenting that they've already house-ruled this to allow you to auto-complete any encounters you've already done, so long as you have all the same resources available to you that you used when you first completed it (Estus flask, class ability, equipment, etc) which does speed things up a bit, but doesn't really forgive the repetitive design. Again, it's spot-on to the video game, but just doesn't translate super well.

- Economy in Multiplayer: Coming off the above, the ability to earn souls in the game is limited to 2 souls per completed encounter, per player. So with a full group of 4 we were earning 8 per encounter. When you consider a single player needs 16 souls to take a stat from Base to Tier 3 (often needed to use some of the stronger weapons which you'll want for boss fights), and then taking into account the need to spend souls to GET said weapons, it dries up really fast and leads players down a path of feeling like they HAVE TO reset and farm in order to even afford some gear to attempt a boss. We were using a lot of our starter gear in our 4 player game this week, and the boss was INCREDIBLY difficult (3 of us were 1 hit of any kind from death when we won). I call this out specifically for multiplayer games, because when playing solo they give you a huge shot in the arm as a means to correct for the perceived difficulty, in the form of 16 souls at the start of the game. A lot easier to clear through encounters and bosses when you start out with a nice upgraded weapon, shield, or spell. A bit of an OVERcorrection perhaps.

- Randomness: This is less an issue of the dice like most people would assume, and more of an issue with the randomized distribution of treasure cards (which is where you get all your gear of course). During setup, each player adds 5 of their class-specific cards into the already large treasure deck, which is then all totally randomized. Getting cards from the deck is a simple cost of 1 Soul to draw 1 card. Didn't get something you or any of the players can use? Sorry, spend a bunch leveling up I guess, or keep top-decking for something useful. Oh, you ran out of souls, and no one got anything good? Better start farming for more. Ugh. Painful. Another house rule I've read is to deal out a 3-card market to choose from, replacing a card whenever one is purchased. Gives you a little bit more control over gearing up which I think isn't a terrible option.
As for the dice, YMMV; people who really don't like getting hosed on a die roll, especially when the need to reset and start all over is on the line, will likely struggle with the dice as well, but I felt that with the different 'tiers' of dice offered you can generally predict pretty well what kind of outcome you're going to have, and rarely is there a big shocker. They become more potent when you're near death, and a missed dodge or poor block roll could mean death and resetting, as mentioned.

- Rules Confusion: I commented before about spending a lot of time flipping around the rule book and researching rules on BGG. There's a few things especially that aren't really clear, or are directly contradicted elsewhere in the book. Things like Pushing rules especially, but there was a few other bits of confusion as well. In general the rules are just laid out poorly. For example, they talk about what happens after defeating a mini boss on like page 9 which is basically still setup content, then on page 20-something when actually explaining boss encounters just direct you back to the front for those rules. What? Who thought that was a good layout? With a game full of complexities and lots of icons and cards and different effects, a better rule book could really be used. Hopefully they publish a second edition of it or something for future copies of the game.

tl'dr / Final Thoughts
Overall, as I said initially, I've enjoyed this more than I ever thought I would, and am really looking forward to receiving the rest of the game's content. It absolutely has its flaws, mainly in that it's just way too long to just randomly play on a game night, which means a lot of people won't get it to the table very often unfortunately. Some of the random effects will be off putting to some, but overall I felt like the randomness of dice weren't killing me, but me over-extending was, which is a spot on translation of the video games. If you're a fan of the franchise I think there's a lot to enjoy in the box, but otherwise it might just feel a bit too repetitive / grindy for someone just looking for an RPG/dungeon delve kind of experience.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Played Alchemists today. Short phone review: great deduction game. A lot of aha! Moments that made the final moments intense.

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.

al-azad posted:

Played Alchemists today. Short phone review: great deduction game. A lot of aha! Moments that made the final moments intense.

It's hilarious how well it turns the scientific method into an actual game. publication, peer review, the whole nine yards

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Merauder posted:

So, Dark Souls

I've been playing with the errata quick game. Which is just double souls, 4 per player, and half the starting sparks. It cuts grinding and works really well.

Gotta agree on that loot though. Every game we go through over half the deck. It feels balanced, I mean you go through the deck and find a weapon and then upgrade after the next battle to use it. I've never run out of sparks to gain stats to use the stuff. It seems like you are supposed to go through that much of the deck. But, then why is a lot of the stuff useless in there? Or are these for builds I am not using? You hit a point where you just arent getting anything better. As I learn the game i'll know when to just stop drawing more. The fact that a bad deck shuffle could cause you to add tedium as a punishment is indefensible decision.

But seriously. Try double souls half sparks.

You can also houserule selling (removing from game) useless cards back (2 cards to draw a new one) for faster moving through that deck. I'm gonna try that my next game.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

please knock Mom! posted:

Both good games I like playing, have a nice weekend

Had a blast playing 7 Wonders: Duel just now; I would've trounced my partner in points but I made the fatal error of not having enough military and she won like, 5 turns before the end. :doh:

Going online to look at buying it, that's a drat awesome game.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The only time I've played Alchemists was with two other PhDs and we all felt the pettiness of academia was really well conveyed through the game's mechanics (though I don't think we took advantage of the disprove theory action as much as experienced players would). Definitely a fun time.

Also I didn't get to play Millennium Blades because the owner just got his copy that morning and you apparently need to assemble the money (??????) or something so it wasn't ready to play. I did get to play Great Western Trail though and, even though I lost to a spectacular degree, I enjoyed it. The other player and I tried to take SU&SD at their word and that you can just sorta engage one mechanic in the game and do decently - I picked trains and he picked cattle, with minor expansion outside that for both of us - and he nearly doubled my score. It was mostly a learning game though and I'm excited to try it again soon.

After GWT we played a german game about logging (I can't remember the name, some KS game that is getting a NA release soon). It was cute, very much "Planning Ahead: the Game". Not my favorite game ever but also pretty quick for its weight and there were some novel ideas there.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Countblanc posted:

Also I didn't get to play Millennium Blades because the owner just got his copy that morning and you apparently need to assemble the money (??????) or something so it wasn't ready to play.

Yeah, it comes with hundreds of dollar bills that are Monopoly style paper and you get stickers to wrap them in stacks of 10s to simulate throwing money at the game to get better cards. It's a pain in the rear end to assemble, but actually a great tactile addition that serves the theme as well.

I need to snag Great Western Trail. How is it at various player counts, for those that have played it at 2-4?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I would pay good money for a North-West Rebellions COIN. I'm trying to think of how to make it into four factions. There's Canadian Gov, Manitoba Gov (Riel), Plains Cree, and maybe something like Metis Nation (Dumont)? Map would be Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

What I think would set it up as having interesting possibilities is that the insurgent factions might be closer tied to each other than in the other COIN games I've examined - for any one of them to win all some of the others would need to be above a certain minimum strength (ie a Riel victory would require that the the Metis Nation be not exterminated).

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah, it comes with hundreds of dollar bills that are Monopoly style paper and you get stickers to wrap them in stacks of 10s to simulate throwing money at the game to get better cards. It's a pain in the rear end to assemble, but actually a great tactile addition that serves the theme as well.

I had no interest in Millennium Blades until just now.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Bottom Liner posted:

I need to snag Great Western Trail. How is it at various player counts, for those that have played it at 2-4?

I've only played it with 2 myself, but just finished a conversation with a friend about it with different player counts, after they wrapped a 4p game of it here at my place. He said his first impression of more players was just adding a lot of extra time to the game, but after today in which they randomized the starting location tiles on the board (as opposed to the suggested starting placements), they were able to get through their 4p game in under 2 hours. So it sounds like the layout of those tiles is way more influential on play time than player count, interestingly.

As for overall quality of play, he seemed perfectly happy playing it with 4, and I had no issues with it at 2, but again that's only one play so YMMV.

Bombadilillo posted:

I've been playing with the errata quick game. Which is just double souls, 4 per player, and half the starting sparks. It cuts grinding and works really well.

Gotta agree on that loot though. Every game we go through over half the deck. It feels balanced, I mean you go through the deck and find a weapon and then upgrade after the next battle to use it. I've never run out of sparks to gain stats to use the stuff. It seems like you are supposed to go through that much of the deck. But, then why is a lot of the stuff useless in there? Or are these for builds I am not using? You hit a point where you just arent getting anything better. As I learn the game i'll know when to just stop drawing more. The fact that a bad deck shuffle could cause you to add tedium as a punishment is indefensible decision.

But seriously. Try double souls half sparks.

You can also houserule selling (removing from game) useless cards back (2 cards to draw a new one) for faster moving through that deck. I'm gonna try that my next game.

I hadn't come across this "quick game" errata with the double souls half sparks business. I like it. And yeah, selling cards back at 2-for-1 seems pretty drat reasonable as an alternative to the random topdecking as well, thanks for that suggestion.

Merauder fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Poopy Palpy posted:

I had no interest in Millennium Blades until just now.

Throwing around huge wads of cash to pay like $10k+ for a card that you need to complete your set really is pretty hilarious. I'd even say it provides a useful game purpose in that there's a physical element to the buying and selling that is both frantic as well as an indicator of what your opponents are doing.