Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Skoll posted:

That entire sentence makes zero sense to me. Who gives a poo poo about becoming a partner? Why does that matter the least? No one here can even agree on how they even like playing the game.

:hf: owns

I'm glad knowing nothing about the subject at hand entitles you to a strong opinion, that sounds like a healthy life style choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

This may be a dumb question but what the hell is the giant structure at the military base supposed to be? I hear people refer to it as the billboard (I think that's what they're talking about anyway) but what is it supposed to actually be?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Grenades need to be so much faster, I just died because my idiot character decided to spend three seconds pondering the explosive instead of throwing it as instructed.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

This may be a dumb question but what the hell is the giant structure at the military base supposed to be? I hear people refer to it as the billboard (I think that's what they're talking about anyway) but what is it supposed to actually be?

i think it's a radar installation?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Thank you. A google image search for 'soviet radar installation' seems to confirm. I grew up on a few American military bases and never saw anything like that, but I guess it's not the sort of thing they let kids play baseball around either.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Get an extended mag. It's basically not optional.

I can find an extended mag, or a Vector. Never shall the two meet.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Skoll posted:

That entire sentence makes zero sense to me. Who gives a poo poo about becoming a partner? Why does that matter the least? No one here can even agree on how they even like playing the game.

Perhaps stop commenting on things you don't care about?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Skoll posted:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Skoll posted:

yeah you're right we should have reached out to you first.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i really wish there was some way to speed up the time between inevitable death and starting a new game...like a checkbox you could check to go straight from death into the lobby of another game

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I saw someone on the official forums.complaining that the countdown for the final circles in the late game is too fast and I couldn't disagree more, people have way too much time to sit and camp out the boundaries when it gets to less than 20 people or so IMO (at least in solo play)

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i have really terrible eyes that are prone to strain so the game is fun when i kill the four or five people who drop in whatever group of structures i pick but then becomes awful and terrible as soon as i need to start crossing fields because then people who i can only assume to be literal degenerates who sit in a bush four pixels into the safe zone shoot me as i run by.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Good soup! posted:

I saw someone on the official forums.complaining that the countdown for the final circles in the late game is too fast and I couldn't disagree more, people have way too much time to sit and camp out the boundaries when it gets to less than 20 people or so IMO (at least in solo play)

it's a good incentive to have a goal that pays off from planning at the beginning of the round. i think hovering on the edge of the circle is just a losing strat, straight up

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Ohhh ohh oh me me me! I love me some goddamn STALKER and I can tell you that it's the Duga-3 radar installation! It was in Chernobyl and was used to detect incoming ballistic missiles. I have no loving idea why there is a half-sized one in the middle of an airbase in this game besides the devs also playing STALKER maybe. It would also explain the existence of the nuclear power station but then why they made a BWR/PWR instead of a RMBK I can't tell you.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
found a guy who murdered my entire team through walls, game is fun

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i cant find the post now but someone said they were pissed at not being able to see 360 degrees while in the open near the end of the game but you can. just hold down alt while in 3rd person view. = is also autorun, so if you ever get caught having to make a long run to the circle cause of slow looting you can hit = then hold alt and see 360

boar guy fucked around with this message at 07:21 on May 20, 2017

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Skoll posted:

Stupid goons caring about getting a Pugb tshirt lol goons

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

We won Murda's $20 Kill Murda for $20 event. CHOOCHOO.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 08:30 on May 20, 2017

Sombrero!
Sep 11, 2001

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, I know this is shades of H1Z1 - but it would be interesting if they added harvestable wild fruits and berries to the game as an inferior 'boost' item.

I think Stardew Valley might be more your style, my dude

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Canuckistan posted:

Serious question - has there ever been a multiplayer shooter where night mode can't simply be ignored by jacking up your gamma? It's trivial in DayZ/ARMA 3 etc..

I guess if it was night mode and enforced tracer rounds that would be something.

I remember plenty of discussions about this in the DayZ reddit, ultimately gamma controls are entirely client side and what more are controlled by the hardware in a way you can't simply limit using the game client because for a fraction of the cases high gamma is actually a necessity (lovely monitor, idk).

Night missions are cool but only when people don't all cheat, which is never gonna happen, so I think they'd better just skip it for PUBG.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Items in nature could be okay. Not loving poison berries for my energy drink trap tho.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Please no berries. So much of the bad net code is the server having to account for items on every tick, because they don't want two people picking up the same item and duping it. That would just be so many more items to keep track of, plus it would bring it that much closer to DayZ.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Thank you. A google image search for 'soviet radar installation' seems to confirm. I grew up on a few American military bases and never saw anything like that, but I guess it's not the sort of thing they let kids play baseball around either.

More specifically: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duga_radar

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

VulgarandStupid posted:

We need to get 150 viewer's on some goon's twitch so that we can get a partner/streamer slot and host custom games...

How do we make this happen?

Efexeye posted:

i mean, there's 200 people in discord as we speak. it doesn't seem like that'd be hard to do at all

Someone could organise this?

http://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/20014-custom-game-application-information/

quote:

We are happy to announce that we are now ready to share with you our plans for opening up the next wave of Custom Game access. We want to continue the creation of exciting and fun community content that you, our players, enjoy watching and playing. As a result, we have outlined some rules surrounding who will be granted access to these features at this time.

The application process is designed for active communities and proven event organisers. Twitch streamers and YouTube personalities should proceed to the partner application page (Here) as any requests of that type through this system will be rejected.

Requirements

We have some minimum requirements for communities who wish to use this tool:

At least 200 active members

A submitted plan to display how you want to use the features

A clear system of listening to your communities and hearing their feedback

A community facing live stream

A community needs players to fill a server. We will not be giving access to groups who cannot use this tool to its full extent. As a result, we need an outline of what your community is and why you think you have enough demand for such a tool. Are you a discord server with 500 users online at anyone time? Are you a web based forum with 1000+ posts a day? Are you a proven event organiser who has run tournaments for games in the past and want to look into running PUBG events now?

Once you've told us who you are and how big you are, we want to know how you plan to use the tool. We don't intend to give out access to people without a plan in place. Are you running competitions? What rulesets do you have in mind? How often are you going to use the tool? We want to create a wide range of options. We do not want everyone running the same 100 player solo games with default rules once a month. We want to give players a chance to shop around and find a community running events they want to see, be it squad matches, duo leagues, adjusted loot modes, originality is key here.

We also require that all community events run using this tool be community facing and be live streamed on a platform of your choosing. While the content of these streams will remain the property of the parties running the channel you must agree to Bluehole retaining the rights to use said content for promotional purposes.

Our game is built on community feedback and we believe this is the basis of our success. We need you to show us you have the same core values and a clear line of communication with your players. A way for them to let you know what they think of your events and the way you've been using the tool so that you can learn and improve.

Warnings

Now we also have to warn you here that access to this tool can in some cases be revoked. If a community is seen to not be using the tool enough, the privilege will be removed and passed onto another group. Depending on the size of your community we will outline tailored expectations for each applicant should they be accepted.

On a similar note, if a group is given access and is then seen to be ignoring its player base's feedback and continuing to run events that are largely disliked by the majority of their playerbase, they also risk losing their access.

This tool is NOT to be used to run events with cash prizes of any size and for material prizes exceeding the cash value of $1000 per prize. Our game is not ready for large scale competition and this tool should not be getting used to run events like those. We want the community to have more ways to play, more ways to experience our game but we do not want an overly competitive environment until our game is ready. Anyone found to be breaking these rules will have their access to the feature revoked.

Disclaimer

Our game is still in Early Access and that means it may come with bugs, glitches and general client instability. Should you be running any events in which one of these issues arises, Bluehole cannot accept any responsibility for damages of any kind. Anyone using this tool accepts the risk involved with doing so on such an early build of the game.

Final Notes

Finally, we ask you for your understanding. There are a lot of communities and groups who want to gain access to this tool and as a result we expect to receive a large number of applications in a very short time. Because of this, we will be opening the applications for a 5 day period at first. This process will begin on Monday, May the 22nd at 00:00 CEST (16:00 PDT May 21st and 08:00 KST) and close on Friday May the 26th at 23:59 CEST (15:59 PDT and 07:59 27th of May KST), this post will be edited to include a link to the submission form. Additional note, if you are looking to use this tool for an offline event it will require additional scrutiny, therefore applications should be sent with sufficient time for this extra process.

After this initial run, we will be re-evaluating the process to ensure it is running as smoothly as possible so that when we open it to a wider audience, we are ready to handle the volume of requests. We would also like to note that should you be approved for this program and be granted access to custom games, this DOES NOT make you a PUBG Partner.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Guys, these jerks one shot me with the shotgun all the time. I say ban shotguns 4 ever. Also add crafting 2 this game. And take away the map. I hate this game. Also something about berries I think? That seems like a good idea.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Guys, these jerks one shot me with the shotgun all the time. I say ban shotguns 4 ever. Also add crafting 2 this game. And take away the map. I hate this game. Also something about berries I think? That seems like a good idea.

You've now created Rust.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

Please no berries. So much of the bad net code is the server having to account for items on every tick, because they don't want two people picking up the same item and duping it. That would just be so many more items to keep track of, plus it would bring it that much closer to DayZ.

Well, they should optimize the game first :v:. Not sure if it'd be berries, but an occasional loot item could be cool, even if it's tier 4 (worse than most items as I understand it). This would probably be better on a new map. No craftable poison berries tho.

Studio fucked around with this message at 11:40 on May 20, 2017

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Party Plane Jones posted:

You've now created Rust.

Okay, I'll hire the Korean developer, you get the engine license, we launch in two weeks. Playerwellknown's Rustleground: Also There are Zombies. We'll make millions!

revolther
May 27, 2008

Good soup! posted:

I could see there being some fun to an "endurance" mode, where a few triggerable sites around the map can reset the circle's current countdown. The idea of some interaction zones on the map, like circle controls or bombing zone control, could be fun temptations in addition to the crates.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

VulgarandStupid posted:

Even DayZ wasn't as foolish as to implement the harvestables as persistent map objects, the berry\apple event had a chance of success that spawned the fruit right in your inventory if successful.

Still, we don't need any of this crap in PUBG, not only is it tedious but it offers more players the chance to adopt a low-risk playstyle.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
If their threshold is 1000+ posts per day to get access to Custom Games, we need to step up our spam game.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Bardeh posted:

If their threshold is 1000+ posts per day to get access to Custom Games, we need to step up our spam game.

New plan, I'm just gonna point a webcam at my couch, quit my job, drink Pabst in my underwear, and play this game until we get a custom game. Who's with me? I might switch to Rainbow 6 when I get bored but I can reliably drink Pabst for like 16 hours a day and not die. Donate to my Patreon!

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

AnElegantPeacock posted:

New plan, I'm just gonna point a webcam at my couch, quit my job, drink Pabst in my underwear, and play this game until we get a custom game. Who's with me? I might switch to Rainbow 6 when I get bored but I can reliably drink Pabst for like 16 hours a day and not die. Donate to my Patreon!

The Goon Stream™

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I am glad I made this terrible thread take notice of me over my opinions.

Streaming is still dumb and your custom game is probably going to be dumber.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Skoll posted:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I'm really enjoying this game so far, but at 2 hours at a time. I must be getting old when I need rest breaks. Just love the paranoia when playing this game solo

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I would like to see berries in this game that you can eat for a slight health boost

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Skoll posted:

Why

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I want there to be animals on the island you can hunt. You can't skin them or eat them or do anything useful with their bodies but if you're dumb enough to discharge your weapon for no reason that's on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I would like to see berries in this game that you can eat for a slight health boost

What do they bring that bandages don't though? And bandages are plentiful enough that I'm normally dropping some to make room for ammo after a few minutes.

• Locked thread