Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Caribbean D.R.E.A.M. Act - Focus on nabbing territory in the Caribbean with an initial goal of establishing at least one self-sufficient colony* there.

*Based on what WilliamAnderson said, this means a Colonial Nation. (Thanks!)

(No idea how this actually works in game, lemme know if this is nonsense or dumb game mechanics wise pls :v: )

I support this motion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

TildeATH posted:

Proposing Don't Wait - Vassalate Use every effort to make vassals of every small power on the Iberian peninsula.

Let's do this one.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

TildeATH posted:

Proposing Don't Wait - Vassalate Use every effort to make vassals of every small power on the Iberian peninsula.

Since wars of conquest are out vassals are in. My vote goes here.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

WilliamAnderson posted:

I propose that we Build Workshops in all provinces that will earn us 0.15 or more ducats per month.

I, Dansar rabb al'Ustul Alttijari, support this proposal!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Caribbean D.R.E.A.M. Act - Focus on nabbing territory in the Caribbean with an initial goal of establishing at least one self-sufficient colony* there.

(No idea how this actually works in game, lemme know if this is nonsense or dumb game mechanics wise pls :v: )

I, Ikasuhito of the Merchant's League, shall add my vote to this wise proposal.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Chatrapati posted:

No, I meant that we should move Leónese populations out of Al-Andalus and into colonies, like England did with its religious minorities.

I probably ought to read what is possible in the game before making suggestions.

There is not a game mechanic to do this.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

GunnerJ posted:

I, Sheikha Saz bint Rabab al-Majnun, having taken my family in a different direction since my mother's death, support this policy.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Soup du Jour posted:

Well, my plan of accepting Portuguese and having other conquered cultures converted to Portuguese isn't going to go anywhere if we can't A) convert provinces and B) annex non-Portuguese territory, so I propose the Advanced Statecraft Act. All Administrative Power must be aimed at bringing our Administrative Tech to the highest level (that is, until we start getting ahead-of-time penalties) before it can be used on anything else.

I, Al-rusim khataan taht-Impy of the Ulama, endorse this plan.

If we are still denied any measure of power in future, however, we may need to start forcing through some punitive proposals until we get a better seat at the table. A moratorium on war and colonization until we get our provinces converted, perhaps.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I, Master Badger of the League of Merchants, propose the Peace in Our Time proposal. Al-Andalus shall stay out of any war in which there is any possibility of doing so, using the money saved to build a strong navy that will ensure nobody will try to threaten our overseas dominions.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I'm assuming you do stuff like advance techs even without us asking you to?

So why the hell are we wasting time on proposing crap like that?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

GunnerJ posted:

Al-Andalus Tujjar Alshshay agree with this proposal. After all, what good is cornering the tea market if you don't also corner the sugar market?

Samovar fucked around with this message at 05:42 on May 20, 2017

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Soup du Jour posted:

Well, my plan of accepting Portuguese and having other conquered cultures converted to Portuguese isn't going to go anywhere if we can't A) convert provinces and B) annex non-Portuguese territory, so I propose the Advanced Statecraft Act. All Administrative Power must be aimed at bringing our Administrative Tech to the highest level (that is, until we start getting ahead-of-time penalties) before it can be used on anything else.

I, Fanusinnat al-Uwbusum of the Ulama support this course of action.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

AJ_Impy posted:

If we are still denied any measure of power in future, however, we may need to start forcing through some punitive proposals until we get a better seat at the table. A moratorium on war and colonization until we get our provinces converted, perhaps.

I'm planning to include coalitions from the next session onward, so hopefully I'll be spared throwing a bunch of imams into the oubliette.

Affi posted:

I'm assuming you do stuff like advance techs even without us asking you to?

So why the hell are we wasting time on proposing crap like that?

I do, but it look like that proposal is specifically demanding that we do nothing until admin tech is as high as possible. So I won't be declaring wars or advancing idea groups, for example, until admin tech is ahead of time.

Anyways, this is what policies are looking like:

TildeATH posted:

TildeATH, Rodyle, Frionnel, paragon1, everydayfalls.

catlord posted:

I propose continued military research and maintenance, since it worked out well last time.

catlord, RZApublican, Lord Cyrahzax, ShootaBoy.

Flavius Belisarius posted:

I propose the al-Helladid was a Populist Act. These rebellions threaten us during times of war. Filthy opportunists bite at our heels while the infidel marches to our gates. We must stamp out rebellious tendencies in the disloyal provinces by any means necessary.

Flavius Belisarius.

Soup du Jour posted:

I propose the Advanced Statecraft Act. All Administrative Power must be aimed at bringing our Administrative Tech to the highest level (that is, until we start getting ahead-of-time penalties) before it can be used on anything else.

Soup du Jour, Duey, Snipee, Mountaineer, AJ_Impy, Vinny Possum.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I, Ralepozozaxe, the Dalai Ullama, propose the Toleading from the Front Act. We move our capital to Toledo and increase it's development to 30. We must show the other Iberians that we are not a southern Iberian nation, but the central and most prominent Iberian nation. By moving our capital to the center, we show them that we will not be backing down. Plus, the previous sultan made it oh so nice and pretty.

Ralepozozaxe, Slaan.

GunnerJ posted:

GunnerJ, Talas, Bot 02, Tendronai, HailedUser, Yvonmukluk, Technowolf, Ikasuhito, Viola the Mad, Samovar.

WilliamAnderson posted:

I propose that we Build Workshops in all provinces that will earn us 0.15 or more ducats per month.

WilliamAnderson, Dick Trauma, Dance Officer.

Archaeology Hat posted:

I propose Fiscal Acceptance and Responsible Toleration which mandates that we extend limited privileges and toleration to christians who contribute to the realm, preferably financially.

Archaeology Hat.

The Lone Badger posted:

I, Master Badger of the League of Merchants, propose the Peace in Our Time proposal. Al-Andalus shall stay out of any war in which there is any possibility of doing so, using the money saved to build a strong navy that will ensure nobody will try to threaten our overseas dominions.

The Lone Badger.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm switching to catlord's proposal.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 20, 2017

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

I support catlord's proposal

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

What are our accepted cultures right now?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

sheep-dodger posted:

What are our accepted cultures right now?

Only Andalusian, our primary culture.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
I feel like catlord's proposal is a mistake because if the Taifas will propose we stay up to date on mil tech, they will have to keep proposing it for the next 350 years, because mil tech never stops being essential and we will never be too far ahead of France and Italy. In my opinion that's a waste of our only action.

Meanwhile, we're missing the chance for an easy war that will make us a little bit more powerful. A vassalization also won't cost mil points, so it won't harm our technology research at all on that front.

I'd also add a caveat to the don't wait - vassalate act so that we only declare war on Galicia if they have no alliances or guarantees. Castille getting involved could get bad. Nevermind, Hashim convinced me.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 20, 2017

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

GunnerJ posted:

I have a Dream! This has my support.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Frionnel posted:

I'd also add a caveat to the don't wait - vassalate act so that we only declare war on Galicia if they have no alliances or guarantees. Castille getting involved could get bad.

Them allying Castille wouldn't be too bad, because then we'd get the opportunity to fight them without France getting involved. A guarantee wouldn't be good, though, that's true.

edit: Also, if I do get caught up in a war with Castille, I might be able to use the new 'Transfer Subject' ability to vassalize Leon.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 20, 2017

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3

I support the Advanced Statecraft Act.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Hashim posted:

Them allying Castille wouldn't be too bad, because then we'd get the opportunity to fight them without France getting involved. A guarantee wouldn't be good, though, that's true.

edit: Also, if I do get caught up in a war with Castille, I might be able to use the new 'Transfer Subject' ability to vassalize Leon.

That's true, i was not sure if we could afford fight both at the same time. If we can, it's an opportunity.

Hey Taifas, have you lost your edge? Let's declare a war!

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Hashim posted:

Only Andalusian, our primary culture.

OK, thanks!

I'll propose the Conversion Preparation Act
Which will instruct our sultan to add the two cultures with the most development in our states to the list of accepted cultures (this should be Portuguese and Castilian)
This will not only increase our income from this region and reduce the revolt risk there, but it will also prepare the area for conversion at a later date.

VVVVV in that case, I retract my proposal

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 20, 2017

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

sheep-dodger posted:

This will not only increase our income from this region and reduce the revolt risk there, but it will also prepare the area for conversion at a later date.

On that last part, I'm going to be treating Accepted Cultures as actual accepted cultures, like the Ottoman millets. That means no religious conversion or culture conversion to cultures that have been accepted.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Hashim posted:

On that last part, I'm going to be treating Accepted Cultures as actual accepted cultures, like the Ottoman millets. That means no religious conversion or culture conversion to cultures that have been accepted.

Do we have +Tolerance of heathens coming up in our NIs somewhere like vanilla granada? Because otherwise we'll definitely have to pick up either Religious or Humanism at some point.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Archaeology Hat posted:

I propose Fiscal Acceptance and Responsible Toleration which mandates that we extend limited privileges and toleration to christians who contribute to the realm, preferably financially.

Supporting this.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

GunnerJ posted:

I support this motion. Expand or die.

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013

WilliamAnderson posted:

I support this notion. We need to generate more local income in Europe along with our colonial expansion.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Hashim posted:

Tolerators! :argh:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

:siren:Session closed.:siren:

The policies that passed are catlord's proposal, the Advanced Statecraft Act, the Caribbean D.R.E.A.M. Act, and WilliamAnderson's proposal.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Chapter 6 – Jizrunid Loyalists – 1506 to 1520

The sixteenth century had begun with the death of old Sultan Akkad, plunging Qadis into turmoil as his heirs squabbled for the throne. Several of his sons were present in the capital, but so was Hakam - amongst the youngest of Akkad's brothers, and by far the most ambitious.

Hakam immediately used his household guard to imprison his nephews, and force any viziers and ministers in the city to swear fealty to him, along with the officers and commanders of the Mubazirun.

The newly-crowned Sultan Hakam II convened the Majlis shortly afterwards, to decide the course that his sultanate would take over the next few years, with the League of Merchants retaining a slight majority in the assembly.

The Merchants continued with their previous policies, paving the way for the exploration, expansion and colonisation of the vast western continents.

They also began programs aiming to expand and modernise the navy, funding the constructing of three new galleys to join the war fleet, which had been hit hard by the Italian war.

The trade fleet was also reinforced with five barques, solidifying the hold that the League of Merchants had on all the goods flowing through the Straits of Gibraltar.

The Majlis did not hold all the power in Al Andalus, however.

Sultan Hakam II was still very young, but he had a good mind for numbers and tactics, and his talent was already plain for all to see. He was also a firm believer in tolerance, and within days of inheriting the throne, he began calling for the acceptance of religious and cultural minorities, enraging the Ulema, who demanded that they be forcibly converted to Islam instead.

And it didn’t end there, because the imams and muftis were further angered as scandalous rumours began to spread through the capital. Hakam never visited his harem, apparently, and instead preferred the company of a close circle of friends… all of whom just happened to be young, handsome men.

To add to this, Sultan Hakam began calling for war with the Iberian Christians, alienating the League of Merchants. He also insulted the New Taifas by claiming that they were shortsighted and weak, content to sit back whilst France grew larger and more powerful.

As the relationship between Sultan and Majlis plummeted, the fifteen-year war between France and the Celtic Empire finally came to an end, with the Celts ceding a stretch of small stretch of land in southern England. Tens of thousands of young men had died, destroying families and depopulating entire villages, and all for Cornwall.

In Germany, meanwhile, the Holy Roman Emperor announced his intention to unite his thrones of Bavaria and Bohemia under a single crown, merging all laws and courts into one.

Further east, the constantly-shifting balance of power had abruptly turned against Nicaea, with both Armenia and the Latin Empire benefiting from her sudden collapse.

Back in Qadis, Sultan Hakam began his reign by making the crown solvent once more, repaying all outstanding loans from his own deep pockets.

Another scandal broke out early in 1507, however, as the Ulema began spreading rumours about Hakam’s ancestors, claiming that he was descended from an impoverished fisherman in a futile attempt to discredit him and weaken his hold on the throne.

The Sultan retaliated by commissioning the publication of a grand and oft-exaggerated chronicle of the Jizrunid dynasty, one which would become the principal source of medieval Iberian history to later historians.

He also began consolidating the Sultanate by imprisoning and executing any officials suspected of nepotism or corruption, replacing them with men more loyal to the crown.

Early in 1508, Hakam managed to convince the Majlis to pass the so-called Succession Act, a collection of laws that forbade the division of Jizrunid territories and nullified any claims that the wider family - such as the Jizrunids of Palermo and Hakamids of Marballa - had to the throne, thus marking a definite break with earlier traditions.

In the summer of that same year, news arrived that the colony at Cape Verde had become self-sufficient, growing from a tiny settlement to a bustling port in the space of a few short years.

It would serve as an important link between the old world and the new, allowing the Merchants to finally expand into Gharbia, founding a colony along the island of Marajo.

Of course, with the League of Merchants in power, trade contracts were quickly granted to traders and merchants, who established successful companies in the new world.

With their hold on the Majlis fairly secure, the Merchants also forbade donations to the Ulema, claiming that imams should be focused on matters of faith, rather than money.

The Ulema, the smallest faction in the Majlis, couldn’t do much but protest. Instead, at the behest of Sultan Hakam, they continued their reform of the administration by founding courthouses.

They also established workshops in Qadis and Tulaytullah, by far the most populous and richest cities in Al Andalus.

From 1509 onwards, Sultan Hakam felt secure enough to begin preparations for war, greatly angering the Merchants when he refused their demands to pursue naval supremacy.

Instead, he and his loyal circle began an ambitious reform of the army. Hakam wanted to do away with the feudal methods of raising peasant levies and throwing them into battles, it was far too messy and inefficient. Al Andalus needed a standing army, one that was made up of well-armed and well-drilled slave soldiers, raised and groomed to do one thing and one thing only - win wars.

And that's precisely what Hakam did, investing colossal amounts of money into the founding of a professional standing army loyal only to him. The New Mubazirun.

Sultan Hakam continued marginalising and outright ignoring the Majlis over the next couple years, instead entertaining the lesser nobles who were not seated on the assembly, accepting large gifts and donations from them.

Many were at a loss as to why the Sultan entertained these powerless men, but it soon became apparent when he suddenly called for an assembly, in which he announced his intention to enlarge the Majlis by allowing dozens of his close friends and lowly nobles to enter it.

Unsurprisingly, many in the Majlis were furious, knowing full well that this was an attempt to weaken their own influence by diluting the assembly with loyalists. Still, nothing could be done but protest the decision, leaving the newcomers to form their own faction.

Late in 1514, Hakam’s attention was drawn to the north as France finally withdrew from the war with the Holy Roman Empire, leaving Liege to fight their punitive war alone.

France was exhausted by two long wars, and its capacity to fight another was non-existent. This was precisely the opportunity Sultan Hakam had been waiting for, and he quickly left the capital and rushed to Tulaytullah, where he delivered a fiery sermon denouncing and insulting the Iberian Christians, before declaring war on Castille.

The Grand Alliance of the South flocked to join his conflict, but Hakam didn't wait for them. He had been dreaming of the day he would go to war since he was a boy, so he took personal charge of the Mubazirun without delay, marching from Tulaytullah with his newly-built army behind him.

The Sultan led the majority of his men to engage the Leónese army in the north, whilst 2000 soldiers were sent east, to capture the weakly-defended fortress at Castilla la Vieja. Hakam made short work of the Leónese, surrounding and destroying the army in just two hours of fighting.

When news of this victory reached Qadis, however, it was not met with celebration and jubilation. Instead, most of the Majlis were furious that Hakam had gone to war without seeking their approval, especially the League of Merchants.

Still, they couldn’t exactly rebel against the Sultan. Not yet, anyways.

Hakam ignored the countless letters that the Merchants sent to him, demanding that he withdraw and sue for peace, and instead continued his advance through Christian Iberia. Within six months of crossing the border, both the Leónese and Castilian capitals fell to him, his cannons reducing their walls to rubble.

And within a year, the vast majority of Castille was under his control, with entire provinces succumbing to his army. All the cities that surrendered were granted amnesty, whilst those that defied him were sacked and razed without mercy, earning Hakam something of a reputation as a man not to be crossed.

The Castilian army, having just fended off a vicious Moroccan attack, finally pushed onto an offensive and engaged a small Andalusi army at the foot of the Pyrenees. Reinforcements quickly poured into the battle, however, and the Castilians were surrounded and annihilated.

With his entire kingdom under occupation, the King of Castille sued for peace late in 1515, meeting Sultan Hakam in person to surrender. After a few days of negotiation, he agreed to cede vast tracts of land to Al Andalus, as well as surrender the vassalage over León to Sultan Hakam. Aragon was given a few cities in the peace, whilst the Morrocan Sultan was content with tribute.

And with that, after a single short war and a crushing victory, Sultan Hakam returned to Tulaytullah showered in glory. The City of Sultans held huge festivities to greet him, with peasants, businessmen and nobles all celebrating the decisive victory, whilst the lords of the Majlis back in Qadis stewed and plotted.

After a long month of drunk, sinful decadence, Sultan Hakam finally made his return to Qadis, no doubt preparing himself for angry merchants quoting the law. Bad news arrived even before he could reach the capital, however, as the Moroccan Sultan Abu-Bakr decided to severe his ties with Al Andalus and fragment the Alliance of the South.

Hakam was initially at a loss as to why the Almoravids would break their ties with their oldest allies, but the reasoning quickly became obvious when he sent envoys to dig up more information. Abu-Bakr, as it turns out, had negotiated an alliance with France instead.

This alliance was dangerous, very dangerous, sandwiching Al Andalus between two great powers. Hoping to increase relations and salvage the pact with Morocco, Sultan Hakam immediately began dispatching envoys to Marrakesh, taking gifts with them.

The threat of war with France also compelled him to continue his military advancements, and Sultan Hakam instructed his engineers to begin making improvements to cannon warfare, drawing up designs that would make cannons far more mobile and portable.

There were also conflicts brewing within Al Andalus, however. Sultan Hakam’s carefree expansion and hostility with the Majlis had galvanised a wide array of enemies against him, and both unrest and internal discontent were on the rise.

As Sultan Hakam struggled to keep his sultanate together, the League of Merchants continued their expansion abroad, with the colony at Marajo becoming self-sufficient late in 1518.

With that, the Merchants finally had enough reach to establish settlements in Juzur al-Qarbiya, the collection of rich islands named after their native peoples.

Back in the old world, Hakam’s embassy in Morocco was beginning to yield results, though Sultan Abu-Bakr seemed more interested in issuing grand proclamations rather than patching relations with his old ally.

The Andalusi diplomats in Marrakesh did manage to unearth some fascinating information, however. Whilst the League of Merchants believed that the best way to reach India, and thus the origin of the spice trade, lay to the west, the Moroccans believed it would be far easier to go east instead, and reach India by rounding the Cape of Storms.

To that end, Sultan Abu-Bakr began establishing outposts along the coast of West Africa. The race as to who would reach India first was on.

In the north, meanwhile, the punitive war between Liege and Bavaria ended in crushing defeat for the Archbishopric. France had also expanded a bit in Britain, conquering a small stretch of land from England.

Word reached Qadis that the Celtic Empire had also begun pursuing interests further abroad, founding a colony in the vast icy wastelands of the north.

Further east, the question of who would dominate the Russias was still raging, with the Muscovite Republic emerging from a long but successful war with the Bogorji Khanate.

In the Near East, meanwhile, three large blocs had emerged in the form of Crusader Egypt, the Persian Shahdom and the Armenian Sultanate, all staunchly rivaled to one another.

India was still carved between several large rajas, though Delhi was by far the most powerful, having repelled the Ghazi invasion and humiliated both Bengal and Rajputana on the battlefield.

And in the Far East, a land of mystery to many, two great powers vied over control of China. The old Song Empire had managed to reform and was now on the rise, but it was still threatened by the Bajkal Horde, who were on the verge of capturing Beijing and proclaiming the dawn of a new dynasty.

And finally, back to Al Andalus, so small and weak by comparison. Sultan Hakam has certainly proven himself an able administrator and tactician, and though his capital is full of rumour and scandal, he has managed to consolidate his position in Tulaytullah. Still, he is up against a host of enemies both within Andalusia and out, and will have to proceed carefully or risk finding himself the last sultan of a united Al Andalus.

World map:

hashashash fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 10, 2019

MuteAllison
Nov 16, 2013
Well, it looks like all hope of Japanese expansion got crushed early on- they haven't even taken more territory away from the Ainu! Still should be interesting to see what happens in Asia regardless.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Praised be the Sultan! Castile and Leon bend before our might! He correctly saw the weakness that took over the New Taifas, once a proud warlike faction, and correctly chose the moment to strike!

Morroco though, what a disagraceful realm, breaking our trust to seek France.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

For more information on policies, available buildings and diplomatic actions, click here.

Policy Restrictions

The League of Merchants can submit two policies, the New Taifas one, and the Ulema one.

The League of Merchants are the dominant faction, so they will have no restrictions to their policies.

The New Taifas are the second-largest faction, which means policies may not involve wars of conquest. Other casus bellis, such as wars of vassalization, releasing countries, or force-breaking alliances are all perfectly fine.

The Ulema are the smallest faction, so there can be no religious conversion of provinces.

Coalitions are still not possible. I'm working out a couple details, so they'll probably be available after the next Majlis Meeting.

---

Buildings

Courthouses and Shipyards are now available. For more information on available buildings and their effects, click here.

---

State of Affairs

Government: Reformed Taifa System (power split between the Sultan and Majlis)
Ruling Faction: The League of Merchants
Permitted Factions: The New Taifas, the Ulema.
Rivals: France, Italy
Alliances: Tunis, Palermo, Aragon.
Subjects: León
Other Pacts: none
Diplomatic slots: 4/4
Treasury: 50 gold

---

With that, the floor is now open for policies.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

MuteAllison posted:

Well, it looks like all hope of Japanese expansion got crushed early on- they haven't even taken more territory away from the Ainu! Still should be interesting to see what happens in Asia regardless.

Yeah. They've got missions to conquer Korea, but they got stuck on the first mission they picked, which was to conquer Ryukyu. Not sure what's up with them.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Oh great, now we have even more Christian provinces just waiting to rise up and cut all of our throats. This Sultan must be mad like many of his ancestors. We need to demand limits to his power before the whole country falls apart.

Also, it looks like the Red Turbans are going to be destroyed pretty soon. Chinese Korea didn't last very long.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Either we give them rights or bring them to Islam, this status quo promoted by the merchants will lead us to disaster.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Proposing the Internal Stability Edict, mandating increasing Stability to +3 as soon as possible, and taking decisions to reduce National Unrest whenever available. The current political crisis is worrying, but if we tear each other apart, all of Al-Andalus will be lost to the vultures that surround us.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3

Soup du Jour posted:

Proposing the Internal Stability Edict, mandating increasing Stability to +3 as soon as possible, and taking decisions to reduce National Unrest whenever available. The current political crisis is worrying, but if we tear each other apart, all of Al-Andalus will be lost to the vultures that surround us.

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

I, Chatrapati of the Ulema, propose that no more wars of aggression be fought until the next session.

Let this be a time of spiritual peace and reflection.