Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Yeah wren was a heartbreaker. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I'm fine; it's the other Wren who is resting in peace.

VVV :love:

WrenP-Complete has a new favorite as of 14:08 on May 18, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

WrenP-Complete posted:

Oh thank God.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

chitoryu12 posted:

Oh thank God.

WrenP is not dead.... so glad WrenP is not dead....

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Keep it rolling guys. Keep it rolling!

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

she logged every stage of her horrible decline into terminal cancer and her husband posted to let people know after her very obvious last post. It was a really fun light read

I didn't read her last posts outside of the cancer thread until now. Jesus Christ, it's completely heartbreaking.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
I remember following Wren's posts. She did not go quietly into the night.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

lifg posted:

I remember following Wren's posts. She did not go quietly into the night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9RVS8cjNN0

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

WrenP-Complete posted:

VVV :love:

I was starting to worry that the forums were haunted.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

syscall girl posted:

star trek offsite #irc

:yikes:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

He wrote and sang songs in TFF, posted a lot on the bartender thread.

TFF also lost Wheez The Roux one day, sat down for a midday nap and never woke up.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

CannonFodder posted:

He wrote and sang songs in TFF, posted a lot on the bartender thread.

TFF also lost Wheez The Roux one day, sat down for a midday nap and never woke up.

Blood clot?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

lifg posted:

Blood clot?

He did a lot of drugs, had something minor in his system when he died. Probably exacerbated a congenital heart condition. He was a great guy.

http://www.wheeztheroux.com/about-this-page.html

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Does anyone have a link or summary of the saga of the poster who hadoukenned chickens to death with car batteries or whatever the heck? It's been mentioned in this thread a few times but no one ever ponied up a link or more details.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Does anyone have a link or summary of the saga of the poster who hadoukenned chickens to death with car batteries or whatever the heck? It's been mentioned in this thread a few times but no one ever ponied up a link or more details.

It was a Pet Island mod whose parrot died when it was left over a heater overnight and then they also kept probating someone from FYAD (Twisty?) for asking questions about chickens in the thread for asking questions about chickens

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rollersnake posted:

I didn't read her last posts outside of the cancer thread until now. Jesus Christ, it's completely heartbreaking.

I didn't either I just read her thread in TGD. What else did she post?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Aesop Poprock posted:

I didn't either I just read her thread in TGD. What else did she post?

Here's her post history. See for yourself:

https://archives.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=110292

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

This is :nms: for the heart, by the way, anyone who has no idea who Wren was.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Scudworth posted:

This is :nms: for the heart, by the way, anyone who has no idea who Wren was.

The only thing I've seen here that rivals how sad I was for Wren was Bob Arctor. He had an insane drug history* that made you giggle because you knew he'd quit it.

He had diabetes 1 which also wasn't his fault. A friend of his had a kid who was going through some just horrible poo poo about trans issues. He was super stressed and started sharing his G&T recipes and it was like, dude you can't drink. This will be okay though you'll recover. He and Wren should not be dead they were good and had something else in common I won't mention.

*in retrospect the user name was probably not an accident

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

syscall girl posted:

He had diabetes 1 which also wasn't his fault. A friend of his had a kid who was going through some just horrible poo poo about trans issues.

Diabetes 1 is never a disease brought on by an unhealthy lifestyle. That's 2.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Unless you manage your type 2 correctly you will become insulin dependant - many people will say they are now type 1, but that's through misinformation, or wanting to hide the fact that they are a silly sod who refused to give up the burgers and beer.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Samovar posted:

I really suck at posting lately but re-read my post. He had type 1 and died of it.

That was not his fault.

Sorry.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

It was a Pet Island mod whose parrot died when it was left over a heater overnight and then they also kept probating someone from FYAD (Twisty?) for asking questions about chickens in the thread for asking questions about chickens

It was Ruddha because some PI mod posted the cringiest story ever about her injured pet chicken Sweetie Pie (made up name) that got away from her 6 year old niece and the chicken had its very expensive stitches ripped open by a rooster named Megatron (not a made up name) that was trying to gently caress it to death. She ended up berating her niece and Ruddha made fun of her endlessly for it. It was amazing.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

theres a fyad thread here but it doesnt have all the great quoets

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3542088

also goonrofls
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3653945&perpage=40&pagenumber=224#post435391214

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 13:04 on May 20, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I got some of the details but check this out:

Chido posted:

I'm so angry right now. I was outside with the chickens and I asked my younger niece to grab Megatron and put her in the crate so I could let Roo out of the run. What does she do? She gets distracted trying to grab another chicken and puts Megatron on the ground. Roo mounted her and ripped off the scab, tearing the wound wide open again and only part of the scab is attached on one edge. I yelled at my niece and she said it was an accident, but for gently caress's sake, how hard is for an 11 year old to do as told before playing? And this is supposedly her chicken.

I put EMT gel on the wound and bandaged it again, and brought the crate back to my room and she'll stay here until the wound scabs over again. I really want to be harsh and tell my niece how thanks to her Megatron's healing is back to square one, and that if she cries so much and whines about tiny scratches, to imagine how Mega feels with a hole on her side, and that if Mega was her size, that hole would be like 10 inches long, and how she would feel if she had a hole that big, and her muscle exposed. I won't do it because I'm not her mom, but I certainly won't let her help me anymore, and that will get through, because she hates being excluded.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME posted:

Holy poo poo don't get so mad at an 11-year-old

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I think it was because PI decided on the name but i can't stop laughing every time I see they named a loving chicken Megatron.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lmbo

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

From left to right: Adult Swim Tim, Cars From The JoJo Manga Not The Band, Borat But As a Joke, Full Size Poster Of Those 5 Girls Where You Can See Their Butts and Have Pink Flyod Album Covers, Le Derp Face, and Smash Mouth Lay the Eggs.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Steve Glutenberg posted:
11 year old niece, my new chicken is called Liam Neeson's Daughter. the price of failure is high.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I got some of the details but check this out:

Boring concern troll.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Samovar posted:

Unhealthy lifestyle impacts it, though. If you don't take care of yourself you can end up with insulin resistance similar to type 2, nevermind the whole "losing your feet and going blind" thing.

learnincurve posted:

Unless you manage your type 2 correctly you will become insulin dependant - many people will say they are now type 1, but that's through misinformation, or wanting to hide the fact that they are a silly sod who refused to give up the burgers and beer.
Honestly, the categorization isn't that helpful. They mostly tell you about how it started. Since a majority of type 1 cases start in the late teens/early 20s, not childhood as once believed (sometimes called LADA, but it's really just type 1 where the autoimmune shutdown of your beta cells happens more gradually), and you can have both insulin-dependent type 2 and insulin-resistant type 1, the only substantial difference is whether it's autoimmune. You can't even say type 2 patients are responsible for it, since there are so many genetic factors involved. Do some research and you'll find plenty of seemingly healthy younger people who develop it. It's not straight genetically-determined like type 1, but it's more complicated than just burgers and beer.

Edit: Also, insulin can help a lot of type 2 patients, and often they don't get it because doctors think it's only for type 1, which is what makes it so frustrating.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Just tell the doctors they're wrong

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

oldpainless posted:

Just tell the doctors they're wrong
If you've never done this then you've been lucky enough to either not have health problems or not have lovely doctors. It's important to be able to advocate for yourself.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Shop around for doctors until they diagnose you with type 3 diabetes where you hair grows really long and you can finally build up the spirit bomb needed to kill majin buu

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

Shop around until you get type 3 diabetes where you hair grows really long and you can finally build up the spirit bomb needed to kill majin buu
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2769828/ - this is one of the dominant theories w/r/t Alzheimer's right now. It also explains why old people keep asking me to grant them my spirit energy.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the fire type diabetes was the best starter

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tiler Kiwi posted:

the fire type diabetes was the best starter
Type 2 used Insulin!

It's not very effective...

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

FactsAreUseless posted:

If you've never done this then you've been lucky enough to either not have health problems or not have lovely doctors. It's important to be able to advocate for yourself.

my morbid obesity prevents me from going to the doctor or leaving the house at all tyvm

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I have type 1 diabetes and hope it kills me soon but it's actually insanely easy to manage and if you get complications it's probably because you're a big ol bitch

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is true, but at the same time if the tests say you don't have whatever form of rear end cancer you convinced yourself you have by reading webmd, you need to just trust your doctor.

The fact that they can be wrong sometimes doesn't mean they always are (I know you aren't saying this, it's more directed at people in general who have this attitude), and the fact that they sometimes misdiagnose things doesn't mean they are bad at their job or don't care about the patients, it just means it's a complicated subject and some diseases look like minor harmless things at first. It's not feasible to test for every possible thing that could be causing your symptoms every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Personal anacdote, my best friend owned a burger van near the hospital I used to work at. She used to find out when it was the type 2 diabetes eye testing days and load up on extra stock because of all of the morbidly obese 50-60 year old men who would flock to her after their tests and pig out on double bacon burgers while waiting for the eye drops to wear off. "It's my genetics" "I'm treating myself today" "my wife wouldn't like this" "put some lettuce in it love my doctor says I need to eat more greens ho ho ho"

I've no doubt that some people do end up being dealt a lovely genetic hand but these are not the people sat around the burger van of shame with egg dripping down their chins.