Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I remember Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U doing something over 8 million copies, easily the best selling game on the console and a pretty impressive showing for a very unpopular console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Also Forzas combined sales are less than MKDS IIRC.

Edit: a combined 10 million, so pretty drat low.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Crush all non-Nintendo racers

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
MarioKart isn't a racing game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Imagined posted:

MarioKart isn't a racing game.

Dems fightin words

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Mario Kart is a racing game, and hot dogs are sandwiches

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

Mario Kart is a racing game, and hot dogs are sandwiches

A hotdog IS a sandwich :colbert:

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007
Well this is a weird one... I bought and downloaded Thumper, and when I fire it up, it just gets stuck at the title screen, "THUMPER" at the top, going down the straight path. The Switch isn't locked up - I can hit Home and close the software, and the game is "running", it's animating and I get sound, it just doesn't respond to any controls. The joycon are working as well, when I hit home I can do stuff and navigate around. I've tried deleting and redownloading, and restarting the switch. Any thoughts? Anyone seem something like this?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The HD Rumble in Tumbleseed is amazing. It feels exactly like holding a plank with a marble rolling back and forth on it it's crazy

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

When you say restart, do you mean just pressing the power button on and off? Or a proper restart?

Hold the power button down until a menu appears
Go to 'Power Options' -> 'Restart'

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007

Infinitum posted:

When you say restart, do you mean just pressing the power button on and off? Or a proper restart?

Hold the power button down until a menu appears
Go to 'Power Options' -> 'Restart'

Yep, I held it down. Now that I'm poking around a bit more, despite being able to use the home button, it seemed to be a problem with the joycon not working while connected. I restarted again, and unpaired the left joycon, reconnected it and now things are working. First time something like that has happened, but glad nothing is broken (I hope).

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Dr Cheeto posted:

I remember Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U doing something over 8 million copies, easily the best selling game on the console and a pretty impressive showing for a very unpopular console.

Yes. Best part was Polygon repeatedly running articles saying Mario Kart 8 would be the worst-selling Mario Kart game ever.

Even only counting the Wii U version, it ended up outselling Super Circuit for the GBA and Double Dash for the Gamecube. If you factor in the Switch version, it's since passed the original SNES one and the N64 one.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Oh by the way, I was at Toys'R'Us last night with my ~*GAMER GIRLFRIEND*~,

Can you NOT loving rub it in, you asshat. Thanks.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

bef posted:

Yeah, some of us don't have the luxury of going to Toys R Us on our Friday nights, you jerk.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

bef posted:

Rub it in and rub it out

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Mega64 posted:

Yeah, some of us don't have the luxury of going to Toys R Us on our Friday nights, you jerk.

Some of us can't bring our gamer girlfriends in public because apparently it's inappropriate to kiss a ferret in a movie theater.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
A salad is basically a sandwich, and if add croutons, well there ya go.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nobody, in the history of the world, has ever said "lets go get sandwiches" and meant hotdogs.

Every time someone tries to claim hotdogs are sandwiches, the spoken word parts of Dead Flag Blues play in my head.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Hotdogs are sandwiches tho

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

You are not The Sandwich Arbiter.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Infinitum posted:

Hoo-wee talk about bland as gently caress generic anime game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKkzdwi71R0

I'm all for Warrior style games, but it just looks so incredibly uninteresting.

If I had to list series that would not make good Musou games FATE would be high on that, just below Street Fighter and Tekken.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

A hotdog uses a single bun, not two slices a bread. A sandwich by definition requires two slices of bread. :colbert:

And that chart is dumb for including wraps (and tacos). Anyone who says "lets get sandwiches" and then takes you to Taco Bell should be thrown in prison.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Switch is the meat of a Joycon sandwich.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I love playing FAST RMX on my Nintendo sandwich

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Evil Fluffy posted:

If I had to list series that would not make good Musou games FATE would be high on that, just below Street Fighter and Tekken.

A hotdog uses a single bun, not two slices a bread. A sandwich by definition requires two slices of bread. :colbert:

And that chart is dumb for including wraps (and tacos). Anyone who says "lets get sandwiches" and then takes you to Taco Bell should be thrown in prison.

so a hoagie or a sub aren't sandwiches :thunk:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

A hotdog IS a sandwich :colbert:

A Hot Dog is a roll, not a sandwich :goonsay:. I'm pretty sure the KFC Doubledown should really be on that thing somewhere too.

Also;

Dr Cheeto posted:

I love playing FAST RMX on my Nintendo sandwich

FAST RMX is fun as hell. :rice:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Atlus put all your old games on the Switch, tia.

Gimmie P4 and Catherine.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 20, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Atlus put all your old games on the Switch, tia.

Gimmie P4 and Christine.

I think you mean Cathrine?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Hoo-wee talk about bland as gently caress generic anime game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKkzdwi71R0

I'm all for Warrior style games, but it just looks so incredibly uninteresting.

At last I can play as my waifu Tamamo no Mae, the caster class servant, on the Moon Cell battlefield on the Nintendo switch.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Maybe not fate/stay night, but some fate settings neatly slot in to the format. I could see a mosou adaptation of Fate/apocryoha working.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think you mean Cathrine?

Yes, goddamn. I'm tired.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They should make a game based on Christine.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

El Burbo posted:

I could see a mosou adaptation of Fate/apocryoha working.

If we don't get a PreCure All Stars Warriors game before we get some dumb Fate Musou game that isn't Extella, I'll be very upset.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

They should make a Stephen King kart racer.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

We need a car based musou game.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
So Transformers Musou?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Jonas Albrecht posted:

They should make a Stephen King kart racer.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

We need a car based musou game.

I'll go on the other end. Make a John Carpenter musou.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
We have plenty of kart racing games, but nobody has made a kart dating game

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Zanzibar Ham posted:

So Transformers Musou?

Huh, gently caress yes.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hey guys I have a hot take, here it is:

Mario Kart sucks

Thanks for reading my hot take

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I broke Greed Mode in Isaac. There's an item called Jera that will double the number of items on the floor. Me being a sneaky little nerd only unlocked Jera + another similar item via Challenges.

In the shop I got lucky and a Rune Bag was up for sale. Every wave that spawns in Greed Mode has a chance to spawn a rune from the bag.

So by the end of the floor I had 6 Jera runes waiting... And alllllll the coins waiting. You double what's on the floor.. then you double that.. and double that and so on

I barely moved 2 feet and maxed out 99 coins. I bought so much poo poo :swoon:
Donated almost 200 coins by the end. I'll upload a pic of it tomorrow. It's hilarious :allears:

Detective No. 27 posted:

You mean the murder car movie?

Zanzibar Ham posted:

So Transformers Musou?

Platinum made that. It's called Transformers Devasation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Platinum made that. It's called Transformers Devasation

While that is an awesome game, it's not really a musou game.

• Locked thread