Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Sorry if this has already been posted, but remember the guy who registered the domain that stopped the cyber attack on the NHS last week? He got a special prize from our fine tabloids!

https://twitter.com/MalwareTechBlog/status/865940879261003778

on this same page mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Ewan posted:

on this same page mate

sorry, but the excessive

distracts me from being able to scan the whole thread

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

I'd rather the TV License money went into making more documentaries and comedy imo

Only if they are about sports. That I like. So no cricket or rowing.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Why would he have to move lol?
The whole country like him.
Some Chinese nerd will be annoyed he didn't make money but so gently caress.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

forkboy84 posted:

Only if they are about sports. That I like. So no cricket or rowing.

I hate watching Sports but I like watching documentaries about Sports

Unless its Pro Wrestling but thats ballet with bodyslams

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Pissflaps posted:

Polling data has told us that labour disunity is way behind the leadership itself when it comes to understanding why people are turning away from labour.

Distinguishing between 'disunity' and 'leadership' as causes of something is not within the power of polls to do.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Ewan posted:

on this same page mate

Oh really? :smug:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

josh04 posted:

Distinguishing between 'disunity' and 'leadership' as causes of something is not within the power of polls to do.

Several polls have managed. They've been discussed at length in this thread.

These aren't voting intention polls.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Your perception of party unity affects your perception of the leadership. Averaging over a poll sample won't clarify that.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

josh04 posted:

Your perception of party unity affects your perception of the leadership. Averaging over a poll sample won't clarify that.

A good leader can deliver party unity, or at least the appearance of it. A labour leader who cannot command the loyalty or respect of his MPs will never work.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

Unmanaged intra-party conflict is a symptom of his weakness, not the cause.

Do you have proof of this?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
edit: Oh forget it, you're just jabbering. Imbecile.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Yeah. I'm actually surprised at how terribly the Lib Dems are doing, I expected them to at least pick up some Remain votes. I guess a second referendum that they'll inevitably lose isn't that big of a draw. Also when the only thing your party kindof stands for is social liberalism maybe don't have a Christian fundamentalist with regressive views as your leader.

It doesn't help that, like everything the Lib Dems do, they are being terribly wishy-washy over Article 50. I reckon they would have been able to keep more of the remain vote if they had made a full throated call for no Brexit & no second referendum and made much more explicit calls to European ideals (in a similar way to what Macron is doing), but the incessant liberal need to triangulate has led to Tim Farron saying poo poo like "i'm a bit of a Euroskeptic", as if that position is going to win over any voters at this stage.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I hate watching Sports but I like watching documentaries about Sports

Unless its Pro Wrestling but thats ballet with bodyslams

I prefer to think of it like soaps with suplexes. But either way, wrestling is in fact the noblest of all sports.

Regarde Aduck posted:

Do you have proof of this?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
edit: Oh forget it, you're just jabbering. Imbecile.

Do you have evidence that engaging with Pissflaps has any chance of a positive outcome where he just holds his hands up & goes "I was wrong"?

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Pissflaps posted:

A good leader can deliver party unity, or at least the appearance of it. A labour leader who cannot command the loyalty or respect of his MPs will never work.

You're right. Which is why it's great we no longer have people like Jamie Reed or Tristram Hunt pissing inside the tent.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

forkboy84 posted:

Do you have evidence that engaging with Pissflaps has any chance of a positive outcome where he just holds his hands up & goes "I was wrong"?

I always admit when I'm wrong.

In fact I'm almost certain it was you that challenged me for an example of this not so long ago and I was able to provide one from earlier in the day.

If I'm wrong about the labour leadership and they manage to deliver a labour government I'll be the first to admit it. I want to be wrong about them.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
https://twitter.com/GrahamJones_MP/status/865916002181275652

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

"It's wrong that the Tories" should be Labour's campaign slogan to be honest

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

Why would he have to move lol?
The whole country like him.
Some Chinese nerd will be annoyed he didn't make money but so gently caress.

THIS MAN IMPEDED THE EARNING POTENTIAL OF ORGANISED CRIMINALS

TODAY WE EXCLUSIVELY REVEAL WHO HE IS, EXACTLY WHERE HE LIVES AND HOW TO GET THERE

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

Section 40 of the press regulation act even. The section that requires those publications that don't sign up to the press regulator would be liable to pay all legal fees for both sides in any legal action taken against them regardless of the out come.

Note, I'm not even opposed to this repeal, but it seriously is the carrot being dangled in front of the press to continue favourable and non critical coverage.

I'm not sure why papers have to pay legal costs if they win, seems like a bad idea to me, and I hate most papers

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Namtab posted:

I'm not sure why papers have to pay legal costs if they win, seems like a bad idea to me, and I hate most papers

It's so that people aren't afraid to sue the papers because of legal costs, this is not that hard. You can google up the personal experiences of many people who got their lives ruined by tabloids, sued, and got a half-assed apology and not much else. Leaving the possibility of these people having to pay legal costs on top of that... gently caress that, man, sorry but it's not a bad idea.

Also, something that has happened in the States many many times and this law also prevents: "we can settle and we can pay your legal costs, or you can continue this process and keep paying your lawyers until you're broke... we can wait forever... you can't..."

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

He should sue the papers for violations of privacy

lol there's no such thing as privacy in this country for anyone who the press decides is interesting but who can't afford a couple of hundred grand in legal fees.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Worth remembering that polling is not actually a direct reflection of popularity, it's trying to determine an election result based out on whether historical the demographic that like a party normally turn out to vote. How many people actually like Labour policies is very strong and while Corbyn often get a right panning when asked how good he is, he still ranks highly when compared to predecessors and contemporary alternatives.

Strong agree.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
The Tories are wrong at a time when human life is still going on

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

My MP :v: Think this has been his most popular tweet for a while.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

It's wrong that the Tories. Sad!

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/...de0774~mv2.webp

https://www.grime4corbyn.com

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
THE INFINITE CHORUS OF THE MANY IS GLAD TO BE THE OBJECT OF CANDIDATE CORBYN'S EFFORTS. WHY NOT JOIN WITH US AGAINST THE STABLE MOTHER?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
praise the mother, the many shall perish

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Pochoclo posted:

THE INFINITE CHORUS OF THE MANY IS GLAD TO BE THE OBJECT OF CANDIDATE CORBYN'S EFFORTS. WHY NOT JOIN WITH US AGAINST THE STABLE MOTHER?

Look at you, voter. A pathetic creature of meat and bone. Panting and sweating as you run through my means tests. How can you challenge a strong and stable government?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Actually legit more scary than SHODAN already was.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lol

https://twitter.com/TomEbbrell98/status/865993404135739393

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Dabir posted:

THIS MAN IMPEDED THE EARNING POTENTIAL OF ORGANISED CRIMINALS

TODAY WE EXCLUSIVELY REVEAL WHO HE IS, EXACTLY WHERE HE LIVES AND HOW TO GET THERE

Some norks with computers using a zero day they didn't create. They'd know his address without it in a newspaper if they can even slightly use google haha.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Lol Jeremy Corbyn is introducing The Coral?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Libertines I think

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

namesake posted:

Lol Jeremy Corbyn is introducing The Coral?

Libertines.

He's quite good at this poo poo

https://twitter.com/liamyoung/status/866018597461778432

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Quite good at public speaking? I think you are confused clearly he is a boring jam man who can't energise a crowd

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It seems pretty brave to just randomly turn up at a concert in a swing constituency. Obviously the demographic will skew Labour but there's still some risk of a poor reception.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't know what the coral or libertines is so I think jam granddad might be cooler than me.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I thought the smackhead singer died how is there a crowd that big for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Bape Culture posted:

I thought the smackhead singer died how is there a crowd that big for that?

They heard Corbyn was speaking obviously.

• Locked thread