Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

wicka posted:

Sage Karam is a terrible driver.

No duh, he's like Maldonado (or Stroll) if Maldonado kicked puppies on his off time. Dude's a piece of poo poo. But he's also really good at getting to the front right before wrecking half the field.

If you're talking about real good Indycar drivers; Dixon, Power, Franchitti, and probably younger Castroneves and Kanaan could've done well elsewhere. Newgarden also seems to be the real deal, same with Pagenaud.

There are a fair share of F1 dropouts too, but being an F1 dropout only gives you a 50% chance of being absolutely fraudulent. Plus some drivers are just savants in one type of car (Bourdais).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

He's not richer than Paolo Barilla.

Right, this is actually who i was thinking of.

Given Lance's age we'll go off of his dad's net worth which stands at 2.6 billion USD according to Forbes 2017.

Paolo Barilla stands at 1.46 billion USD Forbes 2017.

So, yah, Lance is the richest fucker ever. Barilla spins his pasta together with poverty as Lance does donuts around him in his dad's vintage Ferraris.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Interesting read on Toleman's tire situation in 1985;

https://books.google.ca/books?id=AW...%201985&f=false

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Is he the same sage karam that caused a big wreck at long beach in the IMSA series?

Yep. After a year of crashing and killing Justin Wilson (the indycar driver) he can basically only run gt3 cars and the 500.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can safely say that Pastor Maldonado is like a million times better than Sage Karam.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I can safely say that Pastor Maldonado is like a million times better than Sage Karam.

I know I'd like to see Pastor in an Indycar.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I knew the Spartans, and you Sir - are no Spartan

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Wirth1000 posted:

It's here.

Nice! Mine arrives Tuesday just in time for my dad to receive it before moving to Arizona.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Wasn't Pastor actually looking at Indycar before his country imploded?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dudley posted:

Wasn't Pastor actually looking at Indycar before his country imploded?

There were rumors yes

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

how many times do we have to mention Pastor before El Hefe reappears?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

gret posted:

how many times do we have to mention Pastor before El Hefe reappears?

As many times as it takes.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Did Pastor get to keep any money (or at least enough to stay in Monaco?) Can he hire, say, an "A-Team" to go rescue El Hefe?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Pvt. Public posted:

Nice! Mine arrives Tuesday just in time for my dad to receive it before moving to Arizona.

Lemme know what # you get.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Ugh I went through this powerpoint for the karting introduction thing and I actually have to mention 1986 Osella driver Allen Berg. Literally the worst.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

As many times as it takes.

I'll go until I get banned

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

*looks into mirror* PASTOR PASTOR PASTOR

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

FartingBedpost posted:

If you're talking about real good Indycar drivers; Dixon, Power, Franchitti, and probably younger Castroneves and Kanaan could've done well elsewhere. Newgarden also seems to be the real deal, same with Pagenaud.

About half of the Indycar driver lineup could be slotted into any of the midpack F1 team seats tomorrow and nobody would bat an eyelid.

(Not counting the ones who have already been there I guess)

Roller Coast Guard fucked around with this message at 10:03 on May 20, 2017

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Roller Coast Guard posted:

About half of the Indycar driver lineup could be slotted into any of the midpack F1 team seats tomorrow and nobody would bat an eyelid.

(Not counting the ones who have already been there I guess)

Staying out of F1 was probably Dario's best career move and bear in mind he was offered to be McLaren's test driver the year before they hit their stride.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

CratSock posted:

I think the new version looks awesome!

Looks exactly the same as the last grey car.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Over at mosport

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Ran out of gas right at the end of the race lol

dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

Ugh never mind.

dandaman fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 20, 2017

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
NASCAR Pintys series ugh

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

NASCAR Pintys series ugh

Are Alex Tagliani and Andrew Ranger still racing in that series?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

gret posted:

Are Alex Tagliani and Andrew Ranger still racing in that series?

Tagliani is here #18 I think. No idea about the other guy. It's just practice for them. Pirelli world series is what I'm here for along with CTCC.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Brup brup brup

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

gret posted:

Are Alex

:same:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The Pirelli World Challenge is loving fantastic

dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

Ok. Which one of you made this??

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Guys I'm worried, if Nando grabs pole and/or wins the Indy 500 does this validate Tony's opinions on oval racing and doing burnouts in an M3 whilst coked off his gourd? :ohdear:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

Guys I'm worried, if Nando grabs pole and/or wins the Indy 500 does this validate Tony's opinions on oval racing and doing burnouts in an M3 whilst coked off his gourd? :ohdear:

No.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

http://iforsports.com/f1-has-made-me-boring-as-f/

quote:

Being the best man to play the role, he said that he hopes to produce and star in the movie.

“I would probably play myself,” Hamilton said.

“I have not seen an actor that looks like me or that I’d particularly want to represent me.”

This is going to be amazing!!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

lmao, or he could be the maverick he thinks he is by embracing the James Hunt lifestyle. He is one of the most gifted drivers on the grid, literally nothing is stopping him. Sponsors and teams are not going to not pay him whatever he wants because he is so much better than 18 of the other drivers currently in F1.

It's like those guys that get into bar fights and tell their friends to hold them back. loving fraud.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
It's amazing watching Indy qualy on BT Sport because every time they cut to commercials in the US on ESPN the Brits save the day and say 'yeah gently caress watching 10 minutes of lovely Ford truck commercials, lets watch some poo poo you actually tuned in to watch.'

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Theophany posted:

It's amazing watching Indy qualy on BT Sport because every time they cut to commercials in the US on ESPN the Brits save the day and say 'yeah gently caress watching 10 minutes of lovely Ford truck commercials, lets watch some poo poo you actually tuned in to watch.'

hey gently caress off buddy

it's ten minutes of lovely chevy commercials

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

kidcoelacanth posted:

hey gently caress off buddy

it's ten minutes of lovely chevy commercials

I spoke too soon, I'm watching Sage Karam and wishing I was watching a truck commercial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Theophany posted:

I spoke too soon, I'm watching Sage Karam and wishing I was watching a truck commercial.

:same:

• Locked thread