Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I like Robin calling out Batman on inflicting horrible traumatic brain injuries on people

Also calling out Robin for slitting a guy's throat when both of them run around with a fighting style that consists of 60% throwing knives and Robin uses a giant ninja sword every time he goes out to fight crime "non-lethally" is pretty rich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Did anyone at WNF play Brainiac? The NLBC tournament was rad but it didn't have a lot of characters I'm interested in.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Calaveron posted:

I like Robin calling out Batman on inflicting horrible traumatic brain injuries on people

Also calling out Robin for slitting a guy's throat when both of them run around with a fighting style that consists of 60% throwing knives and Robin uses a giant ninja sword every time he goes out to fight crime "non-lethally" is pretty rich

This game has some great banter for sure.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

fadam posted:

Did anyone at WNF play Brainiac? The NLBC tournament was rad but it didn't have a lot of characters I'm interested in.

Wonder Chef was playing Brainiac. I think he was the only one.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Batman is very thankful for Superman giving him an excuse to throw Damian out of the batfamily on his rear end.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Jimmy Hats posted:

This is boring screw goon room :(

I tried the same yesterday. It's probably easier to arrange something through discord I think, set up the room once you get some affirmations. I'm interested but I don't know when I'll be on tonight.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
Whelp, Reverse Flash can suck my dick. Gonna stay away from that planet.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If I want to be sick nasty at this game how do I go about that training mode?

Kiffetastic
Aug 20, 2004

Oooooh Yeeeees!
Applied to the Corps. Coming from SF it seems like there's so much more to keep an eye on in this game. I'm terrible right now and it's going to take some adjusting.

Game is great though. Love the multiverse aspect. Darn near always something to do.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Harley seems real good.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
They need to go full Kung Lao and give Ivy The Spin.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Ivy already has that insanely fast slide attack that she combos off of

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Who's voicing Flash? That guy who's voiced everyone since 2007?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm not sure I completely like the gameplay of this but the story mode is fantastic. Authoritarian Superman is scary as hell.:eek:

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Calaveron posted:

Who's voicing Flash? That guy who's voiced everyone since 2007?

According to IMDB: Taliesin Jaffe

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Sent a req to Goon Lantern Corps, IGN is vgf65

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I really do not like Green Lantern's voice actor.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Junpei Hyde posted:

Sent a req to Goon Lantern Corps, IGN is vgf65

Got you.

KingYessus, Unimplied, BruceHames and paraxialray are all still in the queue, who are ya

Throatwobbler
Apr 7, 2010
Sent a request as well... IGN Roboud.

The game is pretty darn cool so far! (I suck though... need to learn the moves better)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://clips.twitch.tv/EnthusiasticSpotlessMarjoramRuleFive

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Look at the spin on that poo poo. :laffo:

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Been trying out scarecrow, he's been good if I can keep people at arms reach and just combo off either his f21 into his command grab, sweep or antiair into grab, but once rushers get in I feel incredibly helpless. I need to know what's a good wakeup option with him.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Double post how I love thee

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:flashfap:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I really like the way Red Hood looks.

Meridian posted:

People HATE Deadshot lmao.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Meridian posted:

lol one wristshot just ruining his advance was lame

Meridian posted:

Harley seems real good.

Harley's combos are sick nasty

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I was going to hold off on getting this, but hearing that Harley seems good is really tempting me. I had a lot of fun with her in 1.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

PunkBoy posted:

I was going to hold off on getting this, but hearing that Harley seems good is really tempting me. I had a lot of fun with her in 1.

Games good yo

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Meridian posted:

Harley seems real good.

she's real good if you're into fast combo heavy characters, also it feels like only a few guys have a reliable answer to really basic poo poo like throwing and following with a tanturm style

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I was just trying to do guild multiverse stuff with Catwoman. Wonder Woman is loving obnoxious at higher AI levels. Good god.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Catwoman is way more fun than I thought she would be, may pick her up and drop Bane since relying on venom armor doesn't seem to cover how poor his poking game is beyond d1. Her strings are so drat rapid though it's really throwing me off

etcetera08
Sep 11, 2008

I requested to join the Green Lantern guild, same name as here. I'm poo poo at this game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

do not drop venom you pendejo

PunkBoy posted:

I'd say almost all* the characters are great and even if you aren't the best at fighting games you'll have plenty of fun doing story mode, multiverse stuff, and AI tamagotchi poo poo

*Cyborg sucks poo poo

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

gently caress cyborg in general

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It is absolutely insane to me that NRS thought giving Deadshot and Fate 200 more HP than Superman made sense from a balance perspective.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Can you actually equip items that change your stats in ranked? I'd assume they should be just the cosmetic attributes but I'm seeing changes in hp, strength, etc on character select.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Can you actually equip items that change your stats in ranked? I'd assume they should be just the cosmetic attributes but I'm seeing changes in hp, strength, etc on character select.

You can equip gear, but everyone uses level 20 stats in ranked, no gear bonuses.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Captain Cold seems good. Anyone messing with him? Struggling to find short strings to link into specials.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Deadshot is pretty fukkin oppressive, though. Ran into one that i was able to beat a couple of times with my Green Arrow but I just couldn't get anywhere near him with my other other dudes. He's got this Low>Overhead which is incredibly fast: I knew it was coming every time and just couldn't block it! I'd either block the low and not be able to stand up in time to block the overhead, or i'd go to block the overhead too soon and eat the low. The timing required seems to be really, really short. Add to that that he has a midrange wake-up move and all kinds of other poo poo and yeah. gently caress deadshot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Catwoman is way more fun than I thought she would be, may pick her up and drop Bane since relying on venom armor doesn't seem to cover how poor his poking game is beyond d1. Her strings are so drat rapid though it's really throwing me off

My problem with Catwoman is her inputs are really lousy. Constantly requires up or down presses mid-string and her cat dash has the same stupid back>forward input as last time. She does crazy good damage, though, and her B3 is still by far the best one in the game.

• Locked thread