Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

FastestGunAlive posted:

Didn't really like him either but dude got Jodied so RIP

By the pool guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Anything on HGTV or about home improvment or selling your home or improving your home then selling it is stupid and terrible as gently caress

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/376323127393136641

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I was expecting him to slam Obama with that one, but he slams himself?

edit: oh... sep-2013.... Welp.

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:

KildarX posted:

I was expecting him to slam Obama with that one, but he slams himself?

edit: oh... sep-2013.... Welp.

Check the date.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I hope the Sauds stone Melanis to death.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

milk milk lemonade posted:

Anything on HGTV or about home improvment or selling your home or improving your home then selling it is stupid and terrible as gently caress

I'm the guy laughing at the Tiny House Hunters people who spend $60k+ on a glorified rolling tool shed.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Casimir Radon posted:

I hope the Sauds stone Melanis to death.

Can we not?

https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/866005085578551297

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Did you link the wrong article? This one goes to a manslaughter case.

Oh right, you're retarded.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

But seriously gently caress that guy named Tarek, who pronounces his name "Tair-ek." Sorry rear end in a top hat your name is pronounced "Tah-reek" you yuppy gently caress. What the gently caress kind of name is that anyway.

That guy has the haircut of a 9 year old and his wife has the fakest smile I've ever seen

I pity the poor homeowner that has to deal with the garbage craftsmanship they put into those flips

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Victor Vermis posted:

Did you link the wrong article? This one goes to a manslaughter case.

Oh right, you're retarded.

What?

Thats definitely the right article

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr_CWr5iSLY

4 cops, one shoots the guy 3 feet in front of him. Pretty obviously the lady should not have gotten away scott free.

gently caress Oklahoma pretty much.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

M_Gargantua posted:

What?

4 cops, one shoots the guy 3 feet in front of him. Pretty obviously the lady should not have gotten away scott free.

Did you link the wrong video? This one shows four cop butts and then a dude appears on the ground.

Please link the one that illustrates the obviousness of her need for prison time. Thanks.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Victor Vermis posted:

Please link the one that illustrates the obviousness of her need for prison time.

All cops belong in prison imo

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
:munch:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Buca di Bepis posted:

Maybe we could share a cell

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

M_Gargantua posted:

What?

Weird, I see a dude doing exactly the opposite of what he's being told, then reaching into a vehicle.

What video are you watching?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

Weird, I see a dude doing exactly the opposite of what he's being told, then reaching into a vehicle.

What video are you watching?

Shooting shouldn't be a compliance measure.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think we should ban guns for everyone's safety and Hillary lost because of Russia, not because she is a lovely candidate.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Heres the overhead video too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmIfTEZRBko

The statement about what happened in court also states that he was shot before reaching into the car.

At no point was deadly force called for.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

TBeats posted:

I think we should ban guns for everyone's safety and Hillary lost because of Russia, not because she is a lovely candidate.

Hillary lost because she wasn't Bernie

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Im glad we've pretty much codified into law that not being a threat to anyone is worthy of summary execution so long as it ensures you go home safe

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Hillary lost because she wasn't Bernie

Well it's not like Bernie was winning anyway.

If you're name wasn't Biden you weren't winning last year.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Well it's not like Bernie was winning anyway.

If you're name wasn't Biden you weren't winning last year.

Well... Trump or Biden at least.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Sheriff David Clark: Not just a piece of poo poo, but a plagarizing piece of poo poo.

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/866075519099523072

Cite your sources properly in college.

quote:

Clarke, a visible surrogate for Trump during the campaign known for his incendiary rhetoric, earned a master's degree in security studies at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California. In his thesis, "Making U.S. security and privacy rights compatible," Clarke failed to properly attribute his sources at least 47 times.

Read Clarke's thesis
In all instances reviewed by CNN's KFile, Clarke lifts language from sources and credits them with a footnote, but does not indicate with quotation marks that he is taking the words verbatim.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

"Why is the bigger story not that Sheriff Clarke tortures people to death," is the first and most appropriate response anyone can possibly make to this.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

facialimpediment posted:

Sheriff David Clark: Not just a piece of poo poo, but a plagarizing piece of poo poo.

This is really loving dumb. All of the "plagiarized" sections are footnoted and attributed, but Clarke apparently didn't put quotes around the statements. Really, we should be mad at NPS for letting that slip.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Buca di Bepis posted:

Below would be an excellent start:

facialimpediment posted:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Office Pig posted:

"Why is the bigger story not that Sheriff Clarke tortures people to death," is the first and most appropriate response anyone can possibly make to this.
Hey, good on them for waiting to jump this on them after Donnie offered him a position.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
So what happens when you get found that you've hosed up your master's thesis or PhD thesis like that, do they revoke it?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Deathy McDeath posted:

This is really loving dumb. All of the "plagiarized" sections are footnoted and attributed, but Clarke apparently didn't put quotes around the statements. Really, we should be mad at NPS for letting that slip.

It's not dumb if you wholesale rip off large chunks. If you put things in quotes properly, anybody reviewing it would be like "lmao no" and he wouldn't have passed. He didn't have enough original content and he skirted by hoping nobody would notice, he didn't just forget a formality of writing papers.

not caring here posted:

So what happens when you get found that you've hosed up your master's thesis or PhD thesis like that, do they revoke it?

They can!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://twitter.com/TheDailyEdge/status/865990137490153472

:catstare:

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

who knew it'd take the sauds to get him to curtsy

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/adamsteinbaugh/status/866076040791302144

Okay I'll say it, this is actually kind of funny now.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Deathy McDeath posted:

Things must be slipping out there because I definitely remember having mine kicked back at least three times for minor formatting issues way less severe then misattribution of cited work. Getting the, "green card," for your thesis used to be a long drawn out process. Mine was out for review for a little over a month even after it was reviewed by my primary and secondary advisor.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Is it common for non-military to attend Navy Postgraduate School? Why would anyone go unless it was either 1) offered very cheaply/free or 2) you couldn't get into a better program?

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

Suicide Watch posted:

Is it common for non-military to attend Navy Postgraduate School? Why would anyone go unless it was either 1) offered very cheaply/free or 2) you couldn't get into a better program?

3)airsoft

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Suicide Watch posted:

There's a law enforcement program.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

Suicide Watch posted:

I went as a civilian because it was free. There are also service for scholarship programs (or there were) for computer science people doing security work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

not caring here posted:

In Germany, cabinet members lose their positions and reputation over this type of poo poo. There was a chain of incidents like this after a high-profile politician lost their PhD and position, so the Internet jumped in a shitton of other politician's theses.

Most high-profile was our SecDef getting kicked out for having plagiarized in his thesis.

In America of 2017, I'm guessing you can milk it for being a maverick that doesn't conform to institutional constraints or something.

• Locked thread