Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/866031653315129348

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bape Culture posted:

I thought the smackhead singer died how is there a crowd that big for that?

Pete Doherty is in fact still alive. He has that aura of a Keith Richards or Lou Reed, despite all the abuse he's done to his body he'll probably live into his 70s.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x8KKIRamkM

haakman
May 5, 2011

corbynherewefuckinggo.jpg

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

:eyepop:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/866036254361751553

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

So is everyone in agreement that without the second leadership election Labour would be polling well ahead of the Tories now?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Praseodymi posted:

So is everyone in agreement that without the second leadership election Labour would be polling well ahead of the Tories now?

I concur

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Praseodymi posted:

Nah it wouldn't have been that simple, Labour have still lots of problems about appealing to people in the areas they need to but it would absolutely have been closer.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Praseodymi posted:

doesn't fit into the Pissflaps narrative, sorry

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Praseodymi posted:

What are you basing this belief on?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

doesn't fit into the Pissflaps narrative, sorry

'Reality' is quicker to type.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

gently caress off and poo poo post elsewhere troll

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Pissflaps posted:

What are you basing this belief on?

Anecodately a lot of labour supporters I know gave up because they felt labour was just too broken to govern once the second leader election happened, which combined with the EU referendum just turned them off politics entirely.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Two party system it is then

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

from the poster with 55 probations and 5 bans? gently caress off troll, go shitpost elsewhere

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

In answer to the question about writing off existing student loans, the Greens want to.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Bobstar posted:

In answer to the question about writing off existing student loans, the Greens want to.

How much would it cost to nationalise and write off the student loan debt that was sold off?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

"Am I making a post which is either funny, informative, or interesting on any level?" No it's not. gently caress off troll

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

"Am I making a post which is either funny, informative, or interesting on any level?" No it's not. gently caress off troll
Turn your monitor on.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

I appreciate you quoting with that gif because I never tire of it.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Firos posted:

I appreciate you quoting with that gif because I never tire of it.

we tried to enforce a rule where if you quoted him you replace the loving shite he said with that gif, I'm just trying to enforce it just so I don't have to endure his endless shitposting, threadshitting and trolling

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

May's lead has halved in a really short amount of time, guess we're going to see some old-fashioned Crosby-style dogwhistles soon

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Praseodymi posted:

I think they'd be doing better, but it'd be hard to overcome the sheer boost UKIP has given the Tories even if Labour was united.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/election_data/status/866037854727700482

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
I am very pleased at the direction the polls are headed right now.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Lord of the Llamas posted:

I am very pleased at the direction the polls are headed right now.

That sounds suspiciously like hope, comrade

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

It turns out the Ruth Davidson strategy doesn't work unless you have someone who is likeable like Ruth Davidson.

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Skinty McEdger posted:

It turns out the Ruth Davidson strategy doesn't work unless you have someone who is likeable like Ruth Davidson.

What exactly is the Ruth Davidson strategy? Are people voting for her because they assume she's not a typical nasty Tory because of her sex, or sexuality, or the fact she talks like a normal person? Or is there something more to it?

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Prince John posted:

What exactly is the Ruth Davidson strategy? Are people voting for her because they assume she's not a typical nasty Tory because of her sex, or sexuality, or the fact she talks like a normal person? Or is there something more to it?

That's pretty much it.

In other news, how does pissflaps keep making such amazing predictions. He predicted the Labour comeback!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Prince John posted:

It's pretty much that. They discovered rapidly that she was far more popular than Scots Tories were as a brand, so they minimised all references to "conservatives" and put her all over the material. All this "my team" stuff and placing the leaders name in big letters was right out of their playbook.

She was just seen as the sort of person you could have a pint with, who was kinder than the stereotype in part because of her sexuality and in part because she was able to communicate in a down to earth way. She is genuinely charming and self depreciating which made people think of her as some sort of good Tory, and in turn helped shift the attitude towards the policies she supported. She was presented as your potential new best friend.

The Tory campaign has pretty much looked at that, saw the approval ratings that May had and tried to do the same thing while at the same time trying to minimise her contact with the press. It really hasn't worked the way they wanted it to, because the more people get to know May the less they like her.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
She probably IS a good Tory, I think they can exist, just none have ever been able to do anything because 99% of the party are ghouls. But the party won't let her do anything good so she's still a trojan horse.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Prince John posted:

Also, no independence referendum no independence referendum no independence referendum no independence referendum no independence referendum. Their leaflets now come with a number of vague newspaper headlines claiming that Labour are 100% in favour of letting the SNP have ten referendums per week, in an attempt to make Scottish politics entirely about independence while also complaining about how all the SNP care about is independence. And due to Scottish Labour being poo poo it seems to be working out ok for them.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Lord of the Llamas posted:

That's pretty much it.

In other news, how does pissflaps keep making such amazing predictions. He predicted the Labour comeback!

Oh wait it turns out he was full of poo poo and would probably have laughed in your face if you told him Labour would be back up to 34-35% in the polls a month from then.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Telling people not to vote Labour is such a loving cunty thing to do and went over the line. You're a dickhead 'flaps. Reign it in.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Its going to be very exciting on election night to see whose predictions turn out to be right.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Speaking of predictions I just put a bet on Clegg losing his seat.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Fans posted:

I think they'd be doing better, but it'd be hard to overcome the sheer boost UKIP has given the Tories even if Labour was united.

Yeah. You'd like to think Labour can still do it, but if they did it'd be a collapse in the space of a month that as far as I'm aware would be unprecedented.

Maybe if the Tories roll out some more policies like the the Dementia Tax, but they can't be that stupid, can they?

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
I guess policys like trying to create the Great Firewall of Albion and stealing your childrens turkey drummers aren't playing out well with people so well.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

hakimashou posted:

Its going to be very exciting on election night to see whose predictions turn out to be right.

Hopefully Nostradamus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

The mail really tried so hard today to try and spin the firewall as being a good thing by doing another extended feature on the evils of google.

• Locked thread