Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/TheHorrorMaster/status/865764284323708928

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Ostentatious posted:

Why doesn't the main character of Fates wear shoes tho

They can't help it, feet had just been invented.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

John Carpenter has some good opinioms on gsmes see: Rayman Legends

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
He's also a fan of Metal Gear Solid, which is some full circle poo poo...

edit: Haha apparently he did sue Luc Besson over Lockout. Good for him.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Snak posted:

He's also a fan of Metal Gear Solid, which is some full circle poo poo...

Holy poo poo, that's amazing

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Did he really name himself @TheHorrorMaster
Bit full of himself, though true

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Holy poo poo, that's amazing

John Carpenter posted:

“CanalPlus wanted to go after the video game Metal Gear Solid, which is kind of a rip-off of Escape From New York, too,” he said.

“But I told them not to do that. I know the director of those games, and he’s a nice guy, or at least he’s nice to me.”

But he literally won against Luc Besson, whose movie Lockout is about the notorious ex-con Snow, who is blackmailed into a mission to rescue the president's daughter from a prison space station...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Which video game is closest to The Thing?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
probably the thing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

But he literally won against Luc Besson, whose movie Lockout is about the notorious ex-con Snow, who is blackmailed into a mission to rescue the president's daughter from a prison space station...

Escape from space jail is a loving great bad movie though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is there a good article or something on how fighting game netcode works? Like if the difference between success and failure is 1/10 of a second, wouldn't latency interfere with that all the time

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

Escape from space jail is a loving great bad movie though

Oh yeah, I own it on DVD.

The medium that it belongs on.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

Oh yeah, I own it on DVD.

The medium that it belongs on.

Same

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is there a good article or something on how fighting game netcode works? Like if the difference between success and failure is 1/10 of a second, wouldn't latency interfere with that all the time

Google ggpo and then ggpo vs delay

Its really interesting

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I didn't know he was a gamer. Neat, what else does he play?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

probably the thing

The Thing

it was bad

Hey anyway, i have a Prey question: i've found a couple tracking bracelet items that don't seem to be classified as "junk" but they're taking up space in my inventory, can i safely recycle or ditch them? Are they used for something else?
I'm avoiding the main thread because spoilers i guess.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
new fire emblem bad

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

a kitten posted:

Hey anyway, i have a Prey question: i've found a couple tracking bracelet items that don't seem to be classified as "junk" but they're taking up space in my inventory, can i safely recycle or ditch them? Are they used for something else?

I never found any use for the tracking bracelet items.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

a kitten posted:

The tracking bracelets are just a way for the game to say "Hey, you can't find this guy using the security computers, it'll just lead you here instead."

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Excellent, that's about what i figured.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Spoderman posted:

Any laser printer made by Brother is good, just choose the one with the features you need and do some serious soul searching as to whether or not you need to print in color. If you need to print in color once a month or something, just go to Kinkos, you'll save money on toner/equipment and get a higher quality print than you could ever get with a home printer. If you need to print in photo quality color every day for your job, you may be stuck with an inkjet. Otherwise, get a laser printer.
ink cartridges for the photo 820 are 3 dollars each though for 250 pages worth of ink

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Freeing Corn's post.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Second Life still exists?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

corn in the bible posted:

new fire emblem bad

So far it's alright, but you can see Nintendo didn't know where to go with FE back then.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
video games are art

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

pmchem posted:

I didn't know he was a gamer. Neat, what else does he play?

https://twitter.com/TheHorrorMaster/status/839175068085182464

I get the impression he pretty much spends all his time now smoking weed and composing music and playing video games.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Which descriptor is a bigger social media red flag: "avid board gaming enthusiast" or "gamer"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

LawfulWaffle posted:

Which descriptor is a bigger social media red flag: "avid board gaming enthusiast" or "gamer"

board gaming at least requires some semblance of face to face interaction with other human beings so definitely gamer

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The Thing (1982), The Thing (2011), and The Thing (game) are all canon? What a confusing trilogy

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cowcaster posted:

board gaming at least requires some semblance of face to face interaction with other human beings so definitely gamer
what if you exclusively co-op play gcn games that require the gba link

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Yeah if someone self - identifies as a gamer you've then gotta figure out if they have a burning hatred of feminism because there's a real demographic overlap there that I don't think applies nearly as much for board game fans.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

All of the board game fans I know are very geeky but also nice and mostly just want to share the games they like and play games with people.

Also I hate the word "gamer" even though I play a lot of video games so I have a pretty strong prejudice against anyone to self-identifies as a "gamer."

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Red Bones posted:

Yeah if someone self - identifies as a gamer you've then gotta figure out if they have a burning hatred of feminism because there's a real demographic overlap there that I don't think applies nearly as much for board game fans.

Depends on what kind of board gaming I guess but I've heard some bad stories about tabletop stores.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

If it involves wooden cubes or meeples, you're probably ok.
If it involves painted miniatures or cards, less so

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

The Thing (1982), The Thing (2011), and The Thing (game) are all canon? What a confusing trilogy

afaik The Thing 2011 is a prequel to The Thing 1982 and The Thing game is a sequel to it. The game was originally going to have a sequel that was canned as well.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If it involves wooden cubes or meeples, you're probably ok.
If it involves painted miniatures or cards, less so

i bought this last year it's p cool

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/185081/beast-master-tale

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

GUI posted:

afaik The Thing 2011 is a prequel to The Thing 1982 and The Thing game is a sequel to it. The game was originally going to have a sequel that was canned as well.

Hopefully they were going to call the fourth Thing The Thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I bought a couple of board games to play with my brother and his friends since I don't have any

We never polkayed them

That's my story thanks for listening

• Locked thread