Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My kitten/cat is pissing outside the litter box. Always in my mom's room, on her carpet, on her bathroom tile, on the kitchen rug. The vet checked her out, says health is fine, it must be behavorial. Tried more boxes, tried new litter, all the same. She'll piss and poo poo in the box sometimes and other times, no.

So she's to be kept in my room, but I can't close the door due to the fish tanks, and she can jump baby gates. I need to install a loving screen door on my bedroom doorway somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gitro
May 29, 2013
If you've played a game for 220 hours you're not allowed to leave a negative review. gently caress off, that's absurd.

Youtube keeps recommending me some lovely meme playlist I guess? I'm not clicking on it to find out. Because it's a playlist and not a video I can't click the thing to say I'm not interested so it keeps showing up.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Cowslips Warren posted:

My kitten/cat is pissing outside the litter box. Always in my mom's room, on her carpet, on her bathroom tile, on the kitchen rug. The vet checked her out, says health is fine, it must be behavorial. Tried more boxes, tried new litter, all the same. She'll piss and poo poo in the box sometimes and other times, no.

So she's to be kept in my room, but I can't close the door due to the fish tanks, and she can jump baby gates. I need to install a loving screen door on my bedroom doorway somehow.

Honest question out of curiosity: why can't you close your door because of the fish tanks?

FWP: I got a new teapot yesterday and I forgot to put it into the dishwasher this morning, so I won't be able to use it tonight when I get home.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mikl posted:

FWP: I got a new teapot yesterday and I forgot to put it into the dishwasher this morning, so I won't be able to use it tonight when I get home.
Just wash it by hand?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I leased a new car and I really like it and try to keep it clean but I don't have a garage so every day I have to clean bird poop and pollen off of it :(

Somewhat related is the fact that my next door neighbor thinks it's perfectly ok to walk down the property line with an industrial leafblower and blow all the pollen and leaves and poo poo directly onto my car. (not to mention it's her loving tree overhanging my driveway that causes the bird poop and 90% of the pollen).

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Tiggum posted:

Just wash it by hand?

:effort:

Plus I'm terrible at dishwashing, it's better to wait a couple days and use the dishwasher, it'll make the teapot much cleaner than I could by hand.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I don't think it's possible to be bad at washing a dish. You can be a lazy gently caress, sure, but bad?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Uuugghhh my back huuuuurts :cry:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

RCarr posted:

I don't think it's possible to be bad at washing a dish. You can be a lazy gently caress, sure, but bad?

It's possible. An old roommate would wash the dishes and they would invariably be left covered in a film of grease, which he claimed didn't bother him. :allbuttons:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I can mostly live without a dishwasher but it really hits home at dinner. I'm nice and full and satisfied, relaxing on the couch smoking a bowl, but now it's 10PM and there's a sink full of dishes and pots and if I don't clean them now they'll be even grosser and harder to clean tomorrow :(

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

doverhog posted:

It's possible. An old roommate would wash the dishes and they would invariably be left covered in a film of grease, which he claimed didn't bother him. :allbuttons:

Gross.

I remember one time I visited some friends at their apartment and helped them cook dinner, just some quick pasta with homemade cheese sauce. Visited again a week later and.. the pot was still on the stove, untouched since I used it, now filled with fossilized/moldy pasta and sauce which nobody bothered to put in the fridge (they told me to just leave it, they'd take care of it). :gonk:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

DizzyBum posted:

Gross.

I remember one time I visited some friends at their apartment and helped them cook dinner, just some quick pasta with homemade cheese sauce. Visited again a week later and.. the pot was still on the stove, untouched since I used it, now filled with fossilized/moldy pasta and sauce which nobody bothered to put in the fridge (they told me to just leave it, they'd take care of it). :gonk:

First girl I dated in high school was super-sadbrains and her bedroom was a graveyard of horrifying fuzzy coffee cups and empty bowls with fossilized milk remnants and the spoon rubber-cemented to the bowl. It got so bad that on more than one occasion I actually cleaned her room while she was out because I couldn't loving stand it

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

RCarr posted:

My roommate has a bad habit of "cleaning" stuff by squeezing a good tablespoon of dish soap onto a single pot/pan/mug, then rubbing it around ineffectually and rinsing it off. Result: a lot of wasted soap and a dish that still has a bunch of food remnant on half of it. The idea of "put soap on sponge, scrub entire sink full of dishes with the same amount of soap and actually get them clean for realsies" blew her mind, but it unfortunately didn't stick.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Sent the bad dishwashers this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z32kVO2rtrk

Some other choice sketches about home-cleaning for bachelors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1cekoDCF74

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAudtNKQl14

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I finished the lovely table I was making today but I missed a few spots and will have to either put on a new coat or just ignore it and be reminded what a lazy poo poo I am every time I go camping.

Also who the gently caress can't wash a goddamn teapot? It's just tea, rinse it out. I'm a useless fuckwit that destroys everything I touch but what the gently caress is wrong with you? Are you high or medicated? That's a good excuse, otherwise I dunno.

Outrail has a new favorite as of 03:40 on May 20, 2017

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
My daughter is teething and I have a hemorrhoid.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Gitro posted:

If you've played a game for 220 hours you're not allowed to leave a negative review. gently caress off, that's absurd.

Absurd to make the review or absurd that some people think you're not allowed?

After 220 hours you really know what the problems are.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

starkebn posted:

Absurd to make the review or absurd that some people think you're not allowed?

After 220 hours you really know what the problems are.

I think it's pretty absurd to put over 9 actual days into a game and then go 'eh, I'd give it a miss.' Like were 200 of those hours idle time? Why would you play something you don't think is worth playing for that long? I have a shamefully long list of games I have put over 100 hours in and I would recommend all of them, I do not understand how you can put that much time into a product and not at least go 'this is good but'.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Gitro posted:

I think it's pretty absurd to put over 9 actual days into a game and then go 'eh, I'd give it a miss.' Like were 200 of those hours idle time? Why would you play something you don't think is worth playing for that long? I have a shamefully long list of games I have put over 100 hours in and I would recommend all of them, I do not understand how you can put that much time into a product and not at least go 'this is good but'.

maybe 200 hours is a bit long, but some games kind of lead you on with a promise of greatness and then you get to a point where you think "that was all a bit pointless"

mobile games are rife with this design

starkebn has a new favorite as of 07:43 on May 20, 2017

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

starkebn posted:

maybe 200 hours is a bit long, but some games kind of lead you on with a promise of greatness and then you get to a point where you think "that was all a bit pointless"

mobile games are ripe for this

Also, Lego: The Hobbit. The only Lego game I have ever been disappointed by, before or since.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Also, Lego: The Hobbit. The only Lego game I have ever been disappointed by, before or since.

Then Lego Movie game was unforgivably boring. They didn't just rip scenes from the movie like most licensed games, they redid them entirely but made them totally lifeless, like in the "Hello City" scene in the intro instead of like in the movie where you heard at least 3 blocks worth of voices yalling "HELLO CITY!" in unison along with Emett in the game it's just him then a delay then, like 2 other dudes, It feels so lifeless and dull. The lazy way of ripping scenes from the movie would have been better!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm out walking my dog and I see another dog off its leash. Nobody's around and I'm thinking "oh poo poo, did someone's dog get loose?" The other dog makes a beeline for my dog and they start fighting, so I have to pick up my dog to break it up. (He's a small terrier so he's easy to grab with one hand.) Turns out the dog's owner was parking their car, and they just let their dog hop out of the car and wander around while they were gathering groceries. Lady gets out of her car:

Me: "Hey, you should really put your dog on a leash!"
:nyd: "Oh I was just getting out of the car, it's fine~"
Me: "Uh yeah doesn't matter, you should have them on--"
:nyd: "Mmhmm okay you can just stop talking to me now" *literally shows me the hand so I can talk to it*
Me: :what: :shrug:

I've seen dogs get hit and killed by cars because their dumbfuck owners think "it's okay, it's only for a minute!!" Lady, encounters like this are why leash laws exist. Also, you have a terrier. If a bird or squirrel had appeared, your dog would be long gone by now.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
My work has free soda and I've become addicted to sugar. I try not to drink so much by using these tiny paper cups we have but I just end up filling them like 3 times. I can't drink the Diet Coke because it's disgusting, and we don't have unsweetened tea. So many calories :(

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

My go-to supermarket apparently doesn't carry my soy milk brand of choice anymore. So now either I go to a different supermarket that is farther away and also busier to find the brand I like, or buy a different brand.

gwaarrk
Jun 17, 2008
I just found out the tv in my living room only has 2 hdmi ports? Plugins? Cord holders? And I'm down too half a bottle of scotch

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Thin Privilege posted:

My work has free soda and I've become addicted to sugar. I try not to drink so much by using these tiny paper cups we have but I just end up filling them like 3 times. I can't drink the Diet Coke because it's disgusting, and we don't have unsweetened tea. So many calories :(

See if you can talk to the office manager and get them to stock a flavored seltzer.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'm officially in enough pain that I want to purchase a new mattress off amazon, but now I gotta research poo poo and find a good one and a good deal and all that.

Also, I sort of found a good deal on a jeep but at the same time it's a little more than I wanted to spend and it doesn't have navigation and also soeone told me the uconnect poo poo to connect my cell phone to it via bluetooth is gonna cost me 20$ a month for some reason so yay more poo poo to research.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'm officially in enough pain that I want to purchase a new mattress off amazon, but now I gotta research poo poo and find a good one and a good deal and all that.

Also, I sort of found a good deal on a jeep but at the same time it's a little more than I wanted to spend and it doesn't have navigation and also soeone told me the uconnect poo poo to connect my cell phone to it via bluetooth is gonna cost me 20$ a month for some reason so yay more poo poo to research.

Is there a Tuft and Needle in your city? Mine is awesome and was cheap and feels so good.

We have pigeons in our back yard and have been trying to get rid of them. Then a pair made a loving nest on one of our porch shelves and neither my mom or I can throw the eggs out so instead we're letting them hatch and have been throwing food in the area for the mom pigeon. And all this because we don't know how old the eggs are; there is a chance they are close to hatching. My mom is still freaked about the chicken eggs (she got from a normal grocery store) where one slipped through the production line, and cracking it revealed a dead chick that was fully feathered.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I've been a 100% Mac user since 2002 but I seriously despise their recent keyboards on both the desktop and laptop. I just bought a Thinkpad and don't see myself going back for the foreseeable future unless they make some keyboards with longer key travel again. I tried the new 12" Macbook and the typing experience is atrocious.

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 21:07 on May 21, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Mu Zeta posted:

I've been a 100% Mac user since 2002 but I seriously despise their recent keyboards on both the desktop and laptop. I just bought a Thinkpad and don't see myself going back for the foreseeable future unless they make some keyboards with longer key travel again. I tried the new 12" Macbook and the typing experience is atrocious.

Did they make them smaller?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cowslips Warren posted:

Is there a Tuft and Needle in your city? Mine is awesome and was cheap and feels so good.

Nah, I've heard good things but those guys are out of my budget. Only got like 500 or so to throw at a new king. Hence ABUNDANT RESEARCH or one hell of a coupon.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Got that new phone I was talking about a few days ago and it's really nice and all (Pixel XL) but now I don't know what to do with all this extra phone. I guess I can fit more apps on here now?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I have a cold and there is yard work to be done but I need to rest so the cold goes away.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Leavemywife posted:

My daughter is teething and I have a hemorrhoid.
I hope these aren't related.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm playing Injustice 2 and I'm not seeing an arcade mode where you play and they invent some batshit crazy story for that dude's ending.

I dunno if I'm overlooking it, or they just don't have it, but dammit that was one of my favorite parts of these fighting games. You either got a EVERYTHING IS FINE ending or a OH poo poo EVERYTHING THAT COULD GO BAD DID AND NOW EARTH IS A FLAMING RUIN.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

The weather is getting warmer which likely means I'll start seeing spiders again soon. I hate house-spiders. They get everywhere and skeeve me out. A couple of years ago I had a couple of large leggy ones above my washing machine, and one day I saw them fighting. I think one may have been trying to inseminate the other, so I was totally on the female's side, I was like "If he succeeds girl, you have my full blessing to eat that sonovabitch because I don't want to have a pregnant spider in my apartment and it will have been all his fault." Although it is kind of weird that spiders are the one species that will not only not want to continue, but that the female will punish the male for succeeding. I suppose mantises have the whole eating the males head thing, and while earwigs also fight, it's just to see who will impregnate who. They both want to reproduce, but neither wants to be the "girl" that day.

BTW I know that that's not how it really works, I just think it's funnier if the females are like "Fine, you succeeded, well done. I'll worry about housing and clothing them... all you need to do is feed them :unsmigghh:" Especially because the males apparently don't use genitals, they can't get close enough even if they had them, so they just put it on their front legs and feebly try to poke it at the female's parts.

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 09:59 on May 23, 2017

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I'll take a hundred spiders over one centipede. gently caress centipedes.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My work has free GOOD coffee (like, we have our own bean-grinder and everything), and free sugar, but no free milk.

We do, however, have powdered creamer ( :stonk: ), and those little individual creamer packets that are made entirely of hydrogenated vegetable oil & artificial flavors. :smithicide:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Back still hurts, Momocon is in two days and I hope I'm going to be okay enough to enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'm playing Injustice 2 and I'm not seeing an arcade mode where you play and they invent some batshit crazy story for that dude's ending.

I dunno if I'm overlooking it, or they just don't have it, but dammit that was one of my favorite parts of these fighting games. You either got a EVERYTHING IS FINE ending or a OH poo poo EVERYTHING THAT COULD GO BAD DID AND NOW EARTH IS A FLAMING RUIN.

I haven't played Injustice, just spoiled myself a bunch. Apparently you choose the battle simulator game mode in the Multiverse menu. The opaque way this is presented certainly seems like a thing dragging the game down.

Anyway, here are the endings:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vJpk5YDAEnM

With a few exceptions, things generally go the way each character hoped.