Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Lightning Lord posted:

So what are the odds that this leads to the US just cutting ties with Israel and the rest of the ME flattening the nation, leading all the Nazis in other nations to feel fully safe that they won't be Mossaded if they try to do their Nazi thing? :tinfoil:

Pretty much zero? I really can't see a scenario where the US somehow managing to be the instigating party in loving up intelligence relations with Israel becomes the reason they cut ties.

Then again, Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Lightning Lord posted:

So what are the odds that this leads to the US just cutting ties with Israel and the rest of the ME flattening the nation, leading all the Nazis in other nations to feel fully safe that they won't be Mossaded if they try to do their Nazi thing? :tinfoil:

I don't think the rest of the middle east could flatten Israel.

Also remember Israel has a nuclear deterrent, so it would mean Riyadh, Tehran, Mecca, Cairo etc getting a-bombed.

They could all launch some grand suicide attack against Israel but why would they? I don't think they hate the Jews that much.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's all falling apart for him.

That's okay, he can salvage this. He just needs something that would serve as a massive distraction while allowing him to rally the people behind him.

It's been a while since Gaza has last been bombed, hasn't it?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Lightning Lord posted:

Absolutely none. Trump has much bigger problems than Bibi rear end-covering at his expense, and Congress are unlikely to want to draw much attention to the political minefield that the US-Israel relationship has become in recent years. Besides, it's doubtful that the rest of the Middle East has either the ability or will to go to war with Israel, whose advanced military (equipped with free top-of-the-line hardware from the US and Europe) is nothing to sneeze at even if you ignore their nuclear deterrent. And if Mossad was doing anything to scare Nazis, there probably wouldn't be openly neo-Nazi and neo-fascist parties gaining ground in practically every major country and a whole pile of minor ones.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Lightning Lord posted:

Zero. Who's going to attack Israel?

Egypt? It's military is busy keeping al Sisi in power.

Lebanon? It's most powerful forces are propping up Assad.

Syria? Civil War.

Yemen? Dito

Iraq? Dito.

Turkey? Busy bungling things in Syria.

Iran? Busy winning in Iraq and making good progress in Syria.

Saudi Arabia? Embarassing themselves by bring unable to beat the Houthis.

UAE, Qatar, Bahrain etc.? Meddling in Syria, Yemen and the like.

Jordan? Reliefed that they are relatively stable right now.

And even if they were not busy tearing each other to shreds, the recent embarassing performances of both the Turkish and especially the Saudi armed forced makes me conclude that Iran is the only country with competent troops in any appreciative numbers in the region, and they would still be no match for the IDF. Not to mention the nuclear deterrent. Israel is safe.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Is there any update on the Bibi corruption investigation?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Ya'alon (IDF chief of staff at the time) has said that if there is definitely something there with the submarine story and if charges aren't brought forth he'll go public with everything he knows and has told the cops. Other than that I haven't heard anything.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Lightning Lord posted:

The Arab nations couldn't coordinate to fight Israel in any previous war, so it would be amazing if somehow an even more divided middle east did it now - in any event, there's the Samson option. Additionally, the US will probably never fully abandon Israel and Israel is ludicrously more powerful than any nation closeby.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Foreign policy says that Israeli intelligence is way angrier about the Trump leak to Russia than official sources have expressed publicly. Additionally, Trump's leak has wider implications than ISIS:

quote:

The details Trump spilled likely came from a source that was also useful on Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and its Hezbollah proxies in Syria and Lebanon, which are much higher priorities for Israel, the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said.

“To the Israelis, ISIS is not that big of a concern,” the defense official said, using an alternate acronym for the Islamic State. “We have a partner that has done us a favor. They went out of their way to support us in a campaign against ISIS, that they have no real skin in.”

quote:

Daniel Kurtzer, a former U.S. ambassador to Israel, said when Trump sits down with Israeli and Palestinian leaders next week, his counterparts may be reluctant to share sensitive diplomatic stances with a president known for his lack of discretion, he told FP.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Edit :/

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 20, 2017

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Edit: :/

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 20, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Belay that: according to the NYT, Israel is the source of the information Trump leaked. This basically means that Netanyahu, who tied himself to good relations with Trump rewarding Israel, has lost both the right-wingers (because suddenly he's talking like any other President as far as the West Bank is concerned) and the security people. Yaa'on, Netanyahu's former defense minister and former IDF chief of staff is ready to talk about the submarine misdeeds if no charges are brought. It's all falling apart for him.

i really feel bad for netanyahu. oh wait no I don't.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

i really feel bad for netanyahu. oh wait no I don't.

It sure would suck for Bibi if he had recently pissed off one of the US's two parties, leaving him with little choice but to suck up to the other party no matter what! :allears:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
The Israel right is probably pretty down. They've made the Democrats much less Israel friendly in order to buddy up with the Republicans, but Trump wants Netanyahu to pause with settlement building and doesn't want to move the embassy to Jerusalem until there's peace with the Palestinians. And now they can't even really retaliate for the leak, because as bad as the is, Trumps is likely still better for them than any Democrat. At least there's still the very real possibility that he once again changes his mind and becomes the biggest Israel supporter.

By the way, I can't believe Avshalom has finally been permabanned :(

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
What did avshalom do??

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Gay Horney posted:

What did avshalom do??

Giving the Secret Service an excuse to call up Lowtax.

avs

why

:smith:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Self immolation by the best of us in this of all threads :(

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Polygynous posted:

Giving the Secret Service an excuse to call up Lowtax.

avs

why

:smith:

Most people flicker out. Avshalom went out in a furious blaze that threatened to incinerate this dead gay comedy forum.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Office Pig posted:

Most people flicker out. Avshalom went out in a furious blaze that threatened to incinerate this dead gay comedy forum.

His schtick was dumb and I'm glad he's gone.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TildeATH posted:

her. and the rest of what you said is wrong too

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Guy Goodbody posted:

her. and the rest of what you said is wrong too

Yeah his clamshell was so feminine and Jewish right?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

TildeATH posted:

Yeah his clamshell was so feminine and Jewish right?

Jealousy is unbecoming.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

TildeATH posted:

This; half the time I would check this thread because there would be new posts and it would be a weird-rear end Av post

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE
Avshalom helped many chicken keepers spoil and pamper their girls.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

FlamingLiberal posted:

This; half the time I would check this thread because there would be new posts and it would be a weird-rear end Av post

TildeATH posted:

Now the antisemites show their true colors.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Avshalom posted:

:rip:

change thread to avshalom memorial solution station

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
RIP Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012 - May 20, 2017
Executed for having written the best fanfiction about Zombie Ariel Sharon devouring corrupt conmen

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Hamas changing its charter, elections in Palestine, various scandals and everyday violence in Israel: 0,5 posts a day

Avshalom getting perma'd: 12 immediate responses

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Avshalom's posts had a greater chance of bringing peace between Israel and Palestine than Hamas changing its charter, Palestinian elections, or Netanyahu's corruption being exposed for all to see.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Avshalom posted:

lol

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Hamas changing its charter, elections in Palestine, various scandals and everyday violence in Israel: 0,5 posts a day

This is pretty funny too.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Rip one of the best threads in Pet Island. :smith:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Goons know what's truly important in life.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Dang dude whoever bought me the red text should have focused, it's like the fifth season of Grimm over there.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

TildeATH posted:

Dang dude whoever bought me the red text should have focused, it's like the fifth season of Grimm over there.

RIP Aurora Av

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Has anybody hear listened to the Martyrmade Podcast? It seems pretty good to me but I don't know poo poo about anything so he could be making it all up.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Well, no reason to keep track of this thread anymore. Sad times.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Avshalom's gimmick was funny when done every once in a while but, like most gimmicks, she ended up overdoing it and wearing it out.:shrug:

In on-topic news, Bibi has been forced to yell at his cabinet because he found out most of them were planning to skip Trump's arrival, apparently annoyed by scheduling changes. The Trump visit is going to be magical, I just know it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Main Paineframe posted:

In on-topic news, Bibi has been forced to yell at his cabinet because he found out most of them were planning to skip Trump's arrival, apparently annoyed by scheduling changes. The Trump visit is going to be magical, I just know it.

Can't find it in English, but the latest story is that a lot of second-stringers basically crashed the event, instead. Foreign ministry staff tried to keep them away, but a bunch of small-town mayors and at least one scandal-laden Knesset member managed to squeeze in and shake Trump's hand and take selfies with him.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Awww look at how happy Oren Hazan is:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Bottom right of that pic is bibi's hand trying to push him away.