Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm a gamer... and I vote!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I used to be really into buying board games but then realized the expense was not worth how often I got to play them. The best value I got was out of the Battlestar Galactica board game, which I probably played a dozen times in person. And even then it only felt like good value because I set up a play by post version on these forums for it

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Folks were complaining about how Risk Legacy was only designed to be played 15 times but then I realized there's very few board games I've played more than 15 times.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I tried to find a "support jontron" meme to post but I couldn't find one.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

if you told me this was all the same person id believe you

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GUI posted:

afaik The Thing 2011 is a prequel to The Thing 1982 and The Thing game is a sequel to it. The game was originally going to have a sequel that was canned as well.

How does this affect the canonicity of the comic

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I used to be really into buying board games but then realized the expense was not worth how often I got to play them. The best value I got was out of the Battlestar Galactica board game, which I probably played a dozen times in person. And even then it only felt like good value because I set up a play by post version on these forums for it

The key is to have a friend who likes buying them. I only have my two favorites - Ticket to Ride and Agricola. But weekly board game night is hosted by a friend who owns as many board games as the average wii u thread poster had amiibos. He even has his "for show" boardgame shelf and his "private good" boardgame shelf in his bedroom. And his girlfriend doesn't even like boardgames so I don't know how that works.

But we play in a group once a week so his zealous obsession is my joy. The group I play with are all pretty normal geeks. I've met my share of stereotypical literal-basement-dwelling, feminist-hating, 4chan-posting tabletop gamers over the years though.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Today I found out that we have unironic platform warriors in games.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Are you one of the lucky few not have experienced virtualboycolor posts?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

The White Dragon posted:

if you told me this was all the same person id believe you

It's all the different AssCreed protagonists.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I straight up think Pewdiepie would be a nobody if his looks were below average.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Women want him, men want to be him

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

I straight up think Pewdiepie would be a nobody if his looks were below average.

Aren't most of his videos just ~wacky~ commentary over videogames?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Did he really name himself @TheHorrorMaster
Bit full of himself, though true

It's not bragging if it's the truth

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Motto posted:

Aren't most of his videos just ~wacky~ commentary over videogames?

With a scarecam. And most of his fans are tween girls.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Grapplejack posted:

What is a platform warrior

Is that anything like a platform master

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

raditts posted:

What is a platform warrior

Is that anything like a platform master

you remember that one segment from american gladiators, right

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

You know now what you must do

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

It's been a while, but after a hiatus, there's a new RCRU patch!

Nothing earth-shaking, but the devs say something pretty big is coming next patch and that they wanted these bugfixes implemented asap. The slight UI improvement is welcome and I can't wait for the next ones.

Turns out the move they fixed for Bruno is a brand new combo finisher which greatly increases his ground options!

https://vimeo.com/218323868

What a spiffy move.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
only a chapter into the new FE but drat it is slick as hell

I'm gonna go back to SMT IV for the night because it has me hooked right now but def looking forward to playing it some more.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

With a scarecam. And most of his fans are tween girls.

I'm pretty sure most of his fans are children of both sexes

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Andrast posted:

I'm pretty sure most of his fans are children of both sexes

Let's do an informal poll wherein we ask children who are subscribed to Pewdiepie their gender and sexual orientation so we can test my theory that good looking people can succeed with lovely content.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Lurdiak posted:

He looks like a generic white guy,??????

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Healbot posted:

So far it's alright, but you can see Nintendo didn't know where to go with FE back then.

if an enemy attacks you on the overworld map, which isn't always avoidable, they can immediately focus on and kill your cleric with no recourse. also all the maps are boring as poo poo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i beat dark souls this morning and it was a very good game and i liked it, and i started playing demon's souls and it''s pretty cool but i dunno if it'll end up hooking me the same way, i'll probably keep playing though

i dunno if anything else in the series will be as hilarious as beating the four kings on my first try just cause a guy invaded and gave me a bunch of titanite slabs when i first started playing so i had a 15+ iaito that i immediately ripped them to pieces with

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

if an enemy attacks you on the overworld map, which isn't always avoidable, they can immediately focus on and kill your cleric with no recourse. also all the maps are boring as poo poo

If you attack the enemy first they don't get the surprise attack. Still not great but it is generally avoidable.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

i beat dark souls this morning and it was a very good game and i liked it, and i started playing demon's souls and it''s pretty cool but i dunno if it'll end up hooking me the same way, i'll probably keep playing though

i dunno if anything else in the series will be as hilarious as beating the four kings on my first try just cause a guy invaded and gave me a bunch of titanite slabs when i first started playing so i had a 15+ iaito that i immediately ripped them to pieces with

Demon's has a better atmosphere than Dark in my opinion but it's missing a few things that make it as easy to play, most notably shortcuts to bosses are in shorter supply and upgrading weapons is awful. Don't even try to fully upgrade anything, that's a NG+ grind, I beat it with a +7 mace and I gamed some crystal lizards for that.
Well unless you're using the dupe glitch anyway in which case go hog wild.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I played the Lawbreakers beta and it's pretty bad. Low-gravity Overwatch with Unreal Tournament pacing sounds like a blast but it feels like a watered down edgelord derivative of both.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I have seen ads for a Constructor reboot on console, should I get excited or is it looking like another Sim City 2016?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I finished The Fall and decided to do a second play through to get the trophies and one of them hosed up and I'm not doing a third one, also I'm mad it ended on 'to be continued'.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I have seen ads for a Constructor reboot on console, should I get excited or is it looking like another Sim City 2016?

It should just be an HD remake of the original which is to say if you liked the original, this is that game made high res. In any case there's a demo on steam for it that I've been meaning to check out. I played a lot of the original as a young'un.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Removing the social stigma from video games as a loser hobby was a bad idea, in retrospect.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Andrast posted:

If you attack the enemy first they don't get the surprise attack. Still not great but it is generally avoidable.

it'd be ok if there were redeeming qualities but there literally aren't any

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

mutata posted:

It should just be an HD remake of the original which is to say if you liked the original, this is that game made high res. In any case there's a demo on steam for it that I've been meaning to check out. I played a lot of the original as a young'un.

Yeah I will definitely check the demo out when it lands on PSN.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

exquisite tea posted:

Removing the social stigma from video games as a loser hobby was a bad idea, in retrospect.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

it'd be ok if there were redeeming qualities but there literally aren't any

I think it's still fun to level up and get larger stats, just inherently. That's like 70% of the reason I play so many JRPGs lol

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

He looks like a generic white guy,??????

I think the real revelation here is that Lurdiak has the hots for Pewdiepie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I too have the hearts of the swarm for pewds x

• Locked thread