Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Blockhouse posted:

okay but the real reason is that freeza is not going to suddenly decided to stop trying to kill goku and everyone else on earth and using a like forty minute tournament to rewrite that part of his character would be ridiculous

again I don't actually think they're going to try that because I don't think the writers are idiots

frieza being revived for this tournament is ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Frieza is only alive for 24 hours and he's being watched by Beerus

The most he will do is kill Goku during the tournament. He's not here to stay

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I want the tournament to draw out to a standstill, like Goku and Frieza vs Giren and Toppo, with no side having the advantage on the other.

And just as the bell is about to ring Frieza goes "PSYCHE! SCREW YOU, YOU FILTHY APE!" and jumps off the platform.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 20, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Condiv posted:

frieza being revived for this tournament is ridiculous

Nah I think it totally makes sense in a marketing guy way even if I don't personally like it

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Frieza is only being brought back to give Frost a redemption story. :colbert:

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

khwarezm posted:

I like how its a rarely seen father son moment, and also a completely terrible but quintessentially Goku idea.

Seriously Gohan may have booksmarts, but he's never shown himself to be much of a team leader or great tactician. Whenever he does well in fights its because he goes full BLOOD RAGE mode. Piccolo and maybe even Roshi would be way better choices.

Way late but:

A team leader's job isn't to be the smartest, strongest, or most tactical. A team leader's job is to:

A. Know the team's strengths, weaknesses, and capabilities.

B. Figure out how they're best utilized.

C. Have the charisma or just plain old likeability to get them to listen.

Gohan has fought alongside more members of the team more times than anyone but Goku (who we all know can't play leader), is liked and respected by most of them, and is disliked by none. No one's a better choice than him.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

After a day of dealing with Goku, Vegeta, and Beerus's collectively bullshit, Freeza will wonder if eternal torment in Hell isn't so bad.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

wouldn't the afterlife get deleted as well

like when beerus deletes people, they don't die; they're just gone

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

extra row of teeth posted:

Could you imagine Vegeta feeling anything other than frothing hatred for Frieza, like, ever? If they do go into the Battle Royale I wouldn't be surprised if Vegeta goes into a blind rage, forgets that his entire loving universe is on the line, and just attacks Frieza instead.

Vegeta didn't show Berserker blood lust fury last time he fought Frieza, or even the time before that actually. If he knows Frieza can't pull any poo poo with getting instakilled himself, and knows that he'll just go straight back to hell at the end of the Tournament, and that everything, including the lives of his family, are on the line, why would he suddenly hulk out and go after Frieza?

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 21, 2017

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Platinum Frost is going to immediately waste Frieza so who gives a poo poo.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So...is the tournament itself and the aftermath thereof only gonna be 10 episodes? Or did Super get more episodes added to its initial 100 count at some point?

EDIT: Upon doing my own digging...was that 100 episode count just pure speculation? I remember quite vividly hearing that Super was going to be 100 episodes when it first started...and now I'm seeing "135" or "no idea" in equal measure.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 21, 2017

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

extra row of teeth posted:

I think you're right, but even if he somehow did decide to settle down I don't think Frieza would ever be accepted by the Goku crew because his crimes specifically involved the Saiyans. While you can argue that the Z fighters are a fairly amoral group (because they definitely are), even within the realm of "what killing is cool" Frieza would never be accepted because he wiped out Goku/Vegeta's entire race. It wasn't just his bodycount, but how specifically the body count affects them.

Could you imagine Vegeta feeling anything other than frothing hatred for Frieza, like, ever? If they do go into the Battle Royale I wouldn't be surprised if Vegeta goes into a blind rage, forgets that his entire loving universe is on the line, and just attacks Frieza instead.

Goku honestly doesn't seem to give a poo poo about the Saiyan race as an entity. If he actually gave one tenth of a poo poo about avenging his race, he wouldn't have extended the hand of mercy to Freeza on two separate occasions, nor would he have played around with testing Freeza's power by slowly scaling up in Resurrection F. Vegeta does care about Saiyans and he definitely hates Freeza, but he's not an idiot berserker. He was literally willing to wait in line to let Goku fight Freeza first, which doesn't really suggest irrational blind rage.

Vegeta is pretty much the biggest example of literally anyone being redeemable in Dragon Ball if they want to do so, considering he was guilty of planetary scale genocide, his attack on Earth killed a significant portion of the crew via Saibamen/Nappa, and even once he joined the team his idiot, selfish pride horribly endangered the Earth on at least two occasions(when he let Perfect Cell come into being and when he went Majin Vegeta) but now he's a chill dad. Beerus is also a monster on a scale even surpassing Freeza - he's been doing his thing for millions of years - and it's not just Divine Mandate or whatever since even Old Kai goes "yeah he just kind of blows up stuff at random because he's an rear end in a top hat", but he sits around being comic relief.

I don't think they're going to redeem Freeza because he's one of the few recurring characters the show has been content to leave as a pure villain, but if they wanted to they could bullshit out a redemption of some sort. The Z crew doesn't give a poo poo about how much of a murdering monster you are as long as you keep that poo poo away from Earth.

Manatee Cannon posted:

wouldn't the afterlife get deleted as well

like when beerus deletes people, they don't die; they're just gone

If you were condemned to suffer in hell for all eternity with no hope of escape, utter oblivion might seem like an attractive alternative. I'm interested if they're going to offer something to Freeza like a commuted sentence or a less excruciating(for him) punishment or something, because it's hard to see Freeza being cowed into cooperating when he's going to be given a perfect opportunity to get the most complete vengeance possible while also escaping eternal suffering in one stroke simply by throwing the tournament in some way.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Jiren is going to immediately waste Frieza so who gives a poo poo.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Episode:

- Green Haired Girl's sailor moonesque transformation into teletubby was exactly what I was hoping for

- Furry universe not made entirely of furries, but boy must it suck to live there. Also said universe's Angel appears to not be so stoic, despite not being in the line of danger.

- Whis still not breaking a sweat while fighting SSB Goku, so take that power level weirdos that keep hoping Goku will reach Zeno's level

- My boy Gowasu still not giving up on his dream of becoming world's biggest Godtuber

- Superhero Space Cafe still needs to become a spinoff

Next week trailer:

- Krillin calling Goku on his bullshit plan

- Cale might not be the "oh so harmless" cutey that hulks out into Braly and appears to hold a grudge/spite on Caulifla

Top quality episode

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

jivjov posted:

So...is the tournament itself and the aftermath thereof only gonna be 10 episodes? Or did Super get more episodes added to its initial 100 count at some point?

EDIT: Upon doing my own digging...was that 100 episode count just pure speculation? I remember quite vividly hearing that Super was going to be 100 episodes when it first started...and now I'm seeing "135" or "no idea" in equal measure.

The episode count that was going around when the series started said "100 episodes minimum, possibly up to 200 if the series is popular enough."
I can't find any direct quote from Toei saying that though, just tv show/anime news site reporting it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kanos posted:

If you were condemned to suffer in hell for all eternity with no hope of escape, utter oblivion might seem like an attractive alternative. I'm interested if they're going to offer something to Freeza like a commuted sentence or a less excruciating(for him) punishment or something, because it's hard to see Freeza being cowed into cooperating when he's going to be given a perfect opportunity to get the most complete vengeance possible while also escaping eternal suffering in one stroke simply by throwing the tournament in some way.

frieza's a coward. there's no way he's gonna opt for oblivion

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
........did Master Roshi rape Uulong as part of his training :psyduck:

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 21, 2017

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Abridged Popo is now canon:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

lezard_valeth posted:

Episode:

- Green Haired Girl's sailor moonesque transformation into teletubby was exactly what I was hoping for

- Furry universe not made entirely of furries, but boy must it suck to live there. Also said universe's Angel appears to not be so stoic, despite not being in the line of danger.

- Whis still not breaking a sweat while fighting SSB Goku, so take that power level weirdos that keep hoping Goku will reach Zeno's level

- My boy Gowasu still not giving up on his dream of becoming world's biggest Godtuber

- Superhero Space Cafe still needs to become a spinoff

Next week trailer:

- Krillin calling Goku on his bullshit plan

- Cale might not be the "oh so harmless" cutey that hulks out into Braly and appears to hold a grudge/spite on Caulifla

Top quality episode

Actually, she seems to hold a grudge on Cabba. ALSO HOLY poo poo YES!

This episode was great and next episode looks even better. :allears:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Manatee Cannon posted:

frieza's a coward. there's no way he's gonna opt for oblivion

If your choices are eternal suffering for your crimes or oblivion, oblivion is actually the more cowardly choice.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
I love the other universes so much. I wish these ramping up episodes had focused even more on them, I wanna know what universe 3 or whatever is up to.

Also universe 6 seems to be perma rain in Hits part of town

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

StrifeHira posted:

Actually, she seems to hold a grudge on Cabba. ALSO HOLY poo poo YES!

This episode was great and next episode looks even better. :allears:

I choose to interpret it as a love triangle. These are anime teens after all.

This episode is pure fluff, but I know other people take spoilers much more seriously than I do. My bet is Frost gets owned because he hasn't trained up a Golden form, he's just been using more needles. Between that and no sign of Bear or Robot, my predic for the tournament is Hit getting stuffed to put over Jiren and U6 winding up as Team Super Saiyan Bargain Sale.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
While it would be a funny joke for obvious loser universes like the furry one I hope they don't make it that most of the universes, especially the important ones like Jiren's and Hit's, haven't been able to gather the requisite 10 warriors.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Rutibex posted:

Abridged Popo is now canon:

:nms: that poo poo.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So Frost remains just the biggest bitch in the universe.

He's hiding from loving cops for the love of Christ.

I'm not even sure he's as strong as Freeza was on Namek

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I like that Beerus is still pissed off about the pudding.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
We don't know how strong the cops are in Universe 6

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bowmore posted:

We don't know how strong the cops are in Universe 6

I know you're joking, but if they were as strong as Frost, they wouldn't need Frost.

Love of gently caress Frost, you're in the top ten most powerful beings of your universe. Why are you hiding in an alleyway in the rain

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Burkion posted:

Love of gently caress Frost, you're in the top ten most powerful beings of your universe. Why are you hiding in an alleyway in the rain

For the same reason you would too. You may be able to fight off 10 cops, but you are done for when they call reinforcements and a tank arrives.

Cabba and the rest of his troops were still looking for Frost during the Hit arc.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Burkion posted:

I know you're joking, but if they were as strong as Frost, they wouldn't need Frost.

He effectively has the entire saiyan race on his tail and god knows who else.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lezard_valeth posted:

For the same reason you would too. You may be able to fight off 10 cops, but you are done for when they call reinforcements and a tank arrives.

Cabba and the rest of his troops were still looking for Frost during the Hit arc.

Cabba is literally the only person that should possibly be able to give him a fight that isn't a God or Hit.

He could just set up shop on some random planet no one cares about and live like a king. Like Caulie.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Looks like there's going to be multiple drama storms before the tournament actually gets underway, with next episode as well as the reaction to Goku's idea to replace Buu and all of that stuff

I do like that Frost seems to actually be suffering consequences for the reveal from the last tournament, and that combined with Frieza stuff really makes it feel like they're starting to tie the arcs together more tightly in some smart ways

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Burkion posted:

Cabba is literally the only person that should possibly be able to give him a fight that isn't a God or Hit.

He could just set up shop on some random planet no one cares about and live like a king. Like Caulie.

Pretty sure Botamo or Magetta could win against Frost. Plus they are also immune to any poison antics he may try to pull.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

khwarezm posted:

While it would be a funny joke for obvious loser universes like the furry one I hope they don't make it that most of the universes, especially the important ones like Jiren's and Hit's, haven't been able to gather the requisite 10 warriors.

Yeah I am scared that this is what may happen. Asking for 70 unique designs might be a bit too much, I admit.

I do hope universe 10 gets some love though, cause jesus gently caress is the one guy revealed so far extremely lame.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Yeah. Especially now that Super Saiyan is being spread through the universe, I think Frost is clearly on the weaker end of Universe 6's top 10.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Burkion posted:

Frost was the strongest person but that was prior to Cabba learning Super Saiyan.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

ImpAtom posted:

Frost was the strongest person but that was prior to Cabba learning Super Saiyan.

I don't want to get into a power levels discussion but...

Vegeta one shotted Frost

Vegeta only won against Magetta because he hurt its feelings (admittedly Vegeta had troubles due to the barrier limitation, but still)

Frost only won fights where he used a cheap trick or paid the other guys to lose.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Frost was portrayed as more smart and sneaky than strong.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Yeah like, we don't know if actually had the same power as Frieza on Namek. He could be comparatively much weaker, which would actually make sense since that would force him to play the good guy and get favorable press like he does since he couldn't just terrorize people openly like Frieza does to maintain authority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I can't believe that they actually made Gowasu a GodTuber

• Locked thread