Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

It's still very charming from moment to moment but it's not a fraction as good as Season 2, which will probably remain the peak of the series

This season is too bemused...thats my verdict, they went too heavy on the bemusement, too high a dosage of bemuse .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Sweden's thing is lakes.

Denmark's thing is being completely flat.

Norway's thing is fjords.

Iceland's thing is geysers and lava.

Finland's thing is puns.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
I really like the term of endearment "sweetheart" but i dont think i could ever pull off saying it. There's a clip in Adam Curtis' Century of the Self - part 2: The Engineering of Consent that's a military psychoanalyst's interview with a soldier after WW2, and the soldier goes on and on about his Sweetheart and how she's the only person that's been by his side and helped him so much, and it fuckin sinks me everytime. When it's said with sincerity its beautiful, like in one of my favorite Spiritualized songs, but idk, i dont think i can use it.

Anyways, this is my first AA meeting thank you for letting me share.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
I feel like all the good parts in Alien Covenant were just unused scenes from Blade Runner.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Tiger posted:

I live in Sweden, and I don't believe we have any fjords actually. Norway's hogging all of them.

Not that our forests, mountains and coastlines aren't worth a visit anyway! If you visit Gothenburg I'll invite you to a movie night.

That's still good tbh

therattle posted:

Are you... pining for the fjords?

aaaaAAAAA

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
Come to Sogn & Fjordane. We have nothing but fjords.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

How unexpected.

So, Nice Guys. It's pretty much Last Boy Scout 77, but I would still be fine with the new Predator movie being a stealth sequel. Movie was a ton of fun.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Death By The Blues posted:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Where is somewhere you always wanted to visit?

Hell.

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.

What luck, we have that too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Norway

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Significantly less 80s rock stars than I hoped for. :(

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
What's your biggest film letdown? Mine is actually Once Upon A Time In Mexico. I watched Desperado a billion times as a child and was so loving hyped. Man that movie was absolute trash.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Fast 8 was not good

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

James Woods Fan posted:

What's your biggest film letdown? Mine is actually Once Upon A Time In Mexico. I watched Desperado a billion times as a child and was so loving hyped. Man that movie was absolute trash.

Probably a tie between Black Mask 2 and Prometheus.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
But Once Upon a Time in Mexico is good?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

James Woods Fan posted:

The Phantom Menace obviously

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Oh yeah, Beyond Thunderdome was a pretty big letdown when I finally watched it after rewatching the first two films. I shoulda watched that as a kid.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Norway and Sweden are both really high on my list. I like fjords.
Fjords own. Can confirm.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

DC Murderverse posted:

so we're redoing my bathroom and doing it up in black and white (black vanity, black/white checkerboard floor, lots of geometric shapes) and the walls look really bare. What cool black and white things could/should I hang in my bathroom? Like a movie poster or something along those lines

Obviously.

Death By The Blues posted:

416 on that Edgar Wright list, embarrassing low.

So what are you guys and girls doing tonight? Drinking wine and eating ice cream?

I cooked some burgers. Mixed the beef with Worchestershire sauce and some spices and cut avacado, red onion, and tomatoes for toppings. Sliced zuccini and put it in the oven for a bit to have on the side. Drank beer.

It was nice.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

James Woods Fan posted:

Ghost Rider 2. It had all the makings of an insane action classic. However it was extremely dull and generic except for a few short moments.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Saw Alien: Covenant earlier, they need to make a totally standalone Alien movie, the lore is getting confusing. The aliens using their inner mouth like a bolt gun and the final twist were pretty great though.

CelticPredator posted:

Ghost Rider 2. It had all the makings of an insane action classic. However it was extremely dull and generic except for a few short moments.

As much as I love Nevaldine/Taylor it ended up being a lesser Drive Angry.

On topic I watched Crank/Crank 2 and they're still dang good. Might watch Gamer tonight, Dexter crushes it in that one.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Josh Lyman posted:

Fast 8 was not good

*leans into mic*
WRONG

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

about to eat some HOMEMADE CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I loved Crank. I wasn't as hot on the second one.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

James Woods Fan posted:

I loved Crank. I wasn't as hot on the second one.

What the gently caress

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Crank 2 had me rolling on the floor laughing. Literally. I fell out of my theatre seat and was laughing hard on the gross theatre floor.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
They're like a master class in escalation

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

James Woods Fan posted:

Avengers.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Yeah!

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

post ur recipe

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

holy gently caress

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I made the marinade yesterday from this recipe video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnRmIKkGCIA

My roommate did the tikka masala and tho it turned out good, it could definitely be improved. A major mistake he made was he accidently used a can of tomato sauce that wasnt just tomatoes, it had italian spices in it and it makes for a really weird flavor. Also, i feel like a sauce with that much spice needs to cook for a lot longer than what the recipe called for.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Spectacular.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Trader Joe's frozen garlic naan just cant compare to restaurant naan, and since its so inferior its existence is kind of an affront.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mouth watering from the photos alone.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
I love a good, deeply-flavored Indian curry but it's such a pain in the rear end to make I always default to those Japanese brick curries.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

James Woods Fan posted:

I think I watched the trailer for Let's Be Cops a hundred times before I went and saw it, it was such a good trailer, and I love Jake Johnson and Damon Wayans Jr. as a comedy duo, but that movie was loving garbage.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
I literally can't remember the last movie comedy I saw that I actually enjoyed.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I literally can't remember the last movie comedy I saw that I actually enjoyed.

I liked The Nice Guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

I liked The Nice Guys

Men aren't funny.

• Locked thread