Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That's really dumb. Was hoping to use my splinters for Thor, and my Gs on the Jane Foster advanced skin. Now I'll just use my Gs to buy Thor, shards on Squirrel Girl, and then maybe spend another $5 on Gs for Captain Marvel. Probably better off in a stupid, roundabout way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

nothing better than watching people not learn from their pc launch mistakes in real-time

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

To be fair, there probably aren't many people still around from the initial PC launch, in terms of staff at least.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

madcow posted:

To be fair, there probably aren't many people still around from the initial PC launch, in terms of staff at least.

That is a common problem in a lot of long-lived MMO-type games. People move on in their careers and life and you end up with people who only picked up from the point where they came in.

I know I've read stories about how some MMO's are incapable of altering or adjusting certain aspects of their games because the people who initially coded the thing are long gone and none of the new people can figure out their spaghetti code.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm glad everyone will pick Squirrel Girl as their starting hero now, because they have no other choice

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

iuvian posted:

Laughing Out Loud

You still only get 400ES from the tutorial mission

lol. extra lol for Leowyld who will have to sit in the tutorial area even longer farming splinters for Rocket.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You still only get 400ES from the tutorial mission
They've said this was an oversight/realised people would bitch at them to no end if they didn't scale the reward up as well, at least.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
War Machine is supposed to be good right? Thinking about getting the War Machine pack and using the 500g for Squirrel Girl and saving shards for Wolverine if possible. It sounds like maybe things are slightly different from the PC version, but can I expect to earn the 375 shards I need in a reasonable amount of time?

Edit: And by reasonable amount of time I mean, by the time I get Squirrel Girl and War Machine to max level I guess.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 19, 2017

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I can't speak for being good as I haven't played him in forever, but I did have a lot of fun with War Machine when I did play him.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
What are trash uniques used for other than rerolling pets?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Nothing any more, really.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

lovely Wizard posted:

Isn't Gaz the company that essentially charged for a Spider-Man visual update by making it a skin rather than replacing the sorta meh default one?

Yes and no. The Amazing Spider-Man costume is definitely the same base design as the default, but with a much more detailed body, but it also has the 90s cartoon voice, and the body is built like adult Pete to match.

They have since done an update to the default, too.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I can't speak for being good as I haven't played him in forever, but I did have a lot of fun with War Machine when I did play him.

Wow, War Machine is pretty :black101:, definitely the funnest I've played of the few I've tried.

Does anyone have new player tips? Which vendor should I be leveling first?

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

katkillad2 posted:

Wow, War Machine is pretty :black101:, definitely the funnest I've played of the few I've tried.

Does anyone have new player tips? Which vendor should I be leveling first?

Crafting. Enchanter doesn't become useful until runes start dropping which is mostly in the late game.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

http://pitchfork.com/news/73571-laura-palmers-theme-midi-notation-literally-forms-twin-peaks/

pitchfork posted:

Hurley said he showed a photo the notation to Lynch, who shouted, “It’s cosmic! It’s cosmic! It’s cosmic!”

its a sign cosmic tomorrow

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

New Twin Peaks is gonna be shittier than the Biggest Update Ever. David Lynch is literally Asros irl

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

wow check out mr 5000 hours of david lynch 3/10 thumbs down

truly a grognard tho it pains me to sayeth it

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

if you have early access to ps4 you can sign in before the 23rd and get a free 500 splinters

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

punchymcpunch posted:

wow check out mr 5000 hours of david lynch 3/10 thumbs down

truly a grognard tho it pains me to sayeth it

Watching the first 2000 hours of Mulholland Drive was amazing, but the Winkys diner scene really starts to lose it's luster the 1069th time you've seen it.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I felt dirty playing marvel with non-goons but last night I teamed up with another group on discord that was planning to cheese the PvP Hero Specific achievements. Ended up taking a lot longer than expected as some people wanted to go for the Kills the Marvel Universe title that we already cheesed back in the day, but it was a good time and got me back into the 50's on the leaderboard, which is somehow important to me for reasons? I dunno wtf, why can't I just quit this game?

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

davebo posted:

I felt dirty playing marvel with non-goons but last night I teamed up with another group on discord that was planning to cheese the PvP Hero Specific achievements. Ended up taking a lot longer than expected as some people wanted to go for the Kills the Marvel Universe title that we already cheesed back in the day, but it was a good time and got me back into the 50's on the leaderboard, which is somehow important to me for reasons? I dunno wtf, why can't I just quit this game?

Might be autism?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
reddit claims that Gaz is selling ten five dollar boxes that contain mostly crafting materials

is that true because lol

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Please spend money on the console version to find out

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

queeb posted:

if you have early access to ps4 you can sign in before the 23rd and get a free 500 splinters

I was wondering why I got 500 splinters in the mail.

I can afford any of the current heroes, I currently have Squirrel Girl and War Machine who is badass. I was going to buy Wolverine, but he doesn't seem very fun up to level 10. Does he get better? Melee in general feels kind of clunky, I think I prefer mostly ranged heroes.

Any suggestions?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

katkillad2 posted:

I was wondering why I got 500 splinters in the mail.

I can afford any of the current heroes, I currently have Squirrel Girl and War Machine who is badass. I was going to buy Wolverine, but he doesn't seem very fun up to level 10. Does he get better? Melee in general feels kind of clunky, I think I prefer mostly ranged heroes.

Any suggestions?

I liked Iron Man and Star Lord for ranged when I played, though I can't vouch either is good anymore.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Is the console version going to have a character wipe when it comes out of beta?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Falcon, Spider-Gwen, Wasp, and Ms. Marvel are all on the PS4 logo screen. PS4 version won't be getting team-ups. Exclusive playable characters?

omg chael crash posted:

Is the console version going to have a character wipe when it comes out of beta?

It just did. No more (intentional) wipes from here on out.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Kheldarn posted:

Falcon, Spider-Gwen, Wasp, and Ms. Marvel are all on the PS4 logo screen. PS4 version won't be getting team-ups. Exclusive playable characters?

It just did. No more (intentional) wipes from here on out.

Oh, good. I saw that there was a wipe and I don't mind starting again if that's the last one

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

MMAgCh posted:

They've said this was an oversight/realised people would bitch at them to no end if they didn't scale the reward up as well, at least.

This sucks because I just got to level 10 and they still haven't updated the splinter payout so I can't play Captain Marvel anymore.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

That is a common problem in a lot of long-lived MMO-type games. People move on in their careers and life and you end up with people who only picked up from the point where they came in.

I know I've read stories about how some MMO's are incapable of altering or adjusting certain aspects of their games because the people who initially coded the thing are long gone and none of the new people can figure out their spaghetti code.

WOW is the case study of this where adding a new item will break a random texture in an old instance

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Adult Sword Owner posted:

WOW is the case study of this where adding a new item will break a random texture in an old instance

Far less so now than it used to be, though. One of the expansions (I think Wrath or Cata?) they explicitly warned you that poo poo was going to change because they were rewriting stuff on the backend to clean up the fact that it was half a decade of garbage spaghetti code so that they wouldn't have that kind of crap happening as much.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I thought with WoW they have some weird thing with their bags that can't be changed.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

phosdex posted:

I thought with WoW they have some weird thing with their bags that can't be changed.
Yeah, the basic backpack everyone starts with has been 16 slots forever, and by all accounts will have to be 16 slots unless they go through allllll the old code to see what's dependent on that. Current things they've confirmed are tied to backpack size in some way include: your current max gold (????) and other resource values.

Note that this does not mean you can't equip other, larger bags. It's just that you usually end up with a situation at the end of an expansion where you'll have 4 20some-to-30some slot bags, and then: 1 16-slot bag you can't overwrite.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

omg chael crash posted:

This sucks because I just got to level 10 and they still haven't updated the splinter payout so I can't play Captain Marvel anymore.

Did you get your free 500 shards

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

queeb posted:

Did you get your free 500 shards

It's still only 400 but the 400 heroes are now 525

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

omg chael crash posted:

It's still only 400 but the 400 heroes are now 525

There's another 500 in your delivery tab.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Kalli posted:

There's another 500 in your delivery tab.

Oooooooh

Thanks.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Zaodai posted:

Far less so now than it used to be, though. One of the expansions (I think Wrath or Cata?) they explicitly warned you that poo poo was going to change because they were rewriting stuff on the backend to clean up the fact that it was half a decade of garbage spaghetti code so that they wouldn't have that kind of crap happening as much.

It's still happening and is still funny

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

I really, really want to play as Hawkguy but gambling on those boxes seems real dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Is there a bug with team-ups on pc? I can't seem to swap any of their skills? They are all stuck on their away powers...