Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Tried to avoid the hype, but for honor s2 was real underwhelming so here I am. The OP is hella barebones, is there a main site most people use to look up strings and juggles for dudes? This is the first NRE title I've played since like UMK3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

OxMan posted:

Tried to avoid the hype, but for honor s2 was real underwhelming so here I am. The OP is hella barebones, is there a main site most people use to look up strings and juggles for dudes? This is the first NRE title I've played since like UMK3.

Honestly the best way to learn a combo would be to just stick the AI on hardest setting and watch them go. They pull off some really wild poo poo!

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Jimmy Hats posted:

My problem with Catwoman is her inputs are really lousy. Constantly requires up or down presses mid-string and her cat dash has the same stupid back>forward input as last time. She does crazy good damage, though, and her B3 is still by far the best one in the game.

Yeah she's definitely fun to mess around with. Here's a quick combo I just bullshitted after a half hour of practice

https://twitter.com/corgijorts/status/866077720891064321

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I really hated playing as Swamp-Thing and doing boss Braniac with him was a thoroughly miserable experience.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Yeah she's definitely fun to mess around with. Here's a quick combo I just bullshitted after a half hour of practice

https://twitter.com/corgijorts/status/866077720891064321

Lmao that combo. You can get more or less the same damage off of 1 meter and trait but it WAS pretty dang rad!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I think my biggest gripe with catwoman is a lot of her strings won't happen unless the first attack hits. I've been playing a lot of Robin and Green Arrow where the first hit whiffing is no big deal and often part of controlling space, so it's very jarring!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Roth posted:

I really hated playing as Swamp-Thing and doing boss Braniac with him was a thoroughly miserable experience.

Braniac boss battle is King of Fighters levels of poo poo for sure

fadam posted:

It is absolutely insane to me that NRS thought giving Deadshot and Fate 200 more HP than Superman made sense from a balance perspective.

the idea was probably that zoners were frail and needed extra life to deal with the beefcakes but it didn't work out like that, did it

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I don't know what it is about this game, but I'm just terrible at it. Maybe it's because I'm switching between it and SF and Guilty Gear regularly, but I can't seem to get the hang of anyone in this game. Granted I haven't gone on ranked yet. Maybe everyone's terrible.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Jimmy Hats posted:

Honestly the best way to learn a combo would be to just stick the AI on hardest setting and watch them go. They pull off some really wild poo poo!

Well sure but I'm more interested in the BBs people have found already. I picked supergirl to start with and I feel totally stumped. Probably a poo poo choice but I can't even figure out what to link out of her universal launcher. Also the second I'm out of meter I get scared cause all my offense relies on a freeze or mixup db medium

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

OxMan posted:

Also the second I'm out of meter I get scared cause all my offense relies on a freeze or mixup db medium

Pretty much every character in the game relies on meter to get combo damage going, so I wouldn't feel too bad about that. I guess if you're looking for combos you can try youtube, it seems normal guide have kind of died off in favor of short 1-combo videos.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Kicked blammolive because I let him in the guild by accident (wanted to check his profile first and hit the wrong button, still no idea if he was a goon or not). If you're in this thread please send your invite again, I won't be a dumb moran this time.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Meridian posted:

Harley seems real good.

She's my current favourite for sure, but that's mainly because I love both the books she's in.

Two opinion based questions: firstly, does Catwoman look like she's based on somebody? I feel like she is but I can't place her, same with Wonder Woman, though I think WW might be Lynda Carter.

Secondly is anyone else hoping that the future DLCs includes Young Animal and Wild Storm characters?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Anyone want to get a lobby going?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Kicked blammolive because I let him in the guild by accident (wanted to check his profile first and hit the wrong button, still no idea if he was a goon or not). If you're in this thread please send your invite again, I won't be a dumb moran this time.

Also I'm not doing a super good job of vetting. If the invite request is generic I am denying it and anyone in the guild I am promoting so they can invite others.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Jimmy Hats posted:

Pretty much every character in the game relies on meter to get combo damage going, so I wouldn't feel too bad about that. I guess if you're looking for combos you can try youtube, it seems normal guide have kind of died off in favor of short 1-combo videos.

Yeah, I think I'm just not used to the flow yet. I actually like that you have a lot of opportunities to break combos, even juggles, but at the cost of your guaranteed dmg output. It's that kind of back and forth that makes me enjoy the game a lot more than SFV so far. I think i might just move to a different character after I commit a lil more supergirl to memory.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

OxMan posted:

Well sure but I'm more interested in the BBs people have found already. I picked supergirl to start with and I feel totally stumped. Probably a poo poo choice but I can't even figure out what to link out of her universal launcher. Also the second I'm out of meter I get scared cause all my offense relies on a freeze or mixup db medium
Supergirl is awesome. Here's an easy combo to do after launching: jump in 2,3 then immediately do a fully powered laser eyes. A good combo including this is meter burned teleport, launch, jump in 2,3, laser eyes. Useable from mid screen and very high damage.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Anime_Otaku posted:

Two opinion based questions: firstly, does Catwoman look like she's based on somebody? I feel like she is but I can't place her, same with Wonder Woman, though I think WW might be Lynda Carter.

Catwoman's got a vaguely Julie Newmar thing going on.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Finally found my main. Black Adam guys. Get on board.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Anime_Otaku posted:

I suspect that the facial animations were done by putting an actual actor in a motion-capture suit, which means you might recognize whoever played her. I'm having a hard time finding out who if anyone was the model, though.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The only bad point to Black Adam is that they didn't base his looks off The Rock.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Interesting kink - since I made a guild, I technically haven't joined one, and cannot get the achievement for such.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Applied to Goon Lantern as CampbellXL

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Funky Valentine posted:

Catwoman's got a vaguely Julie Newmar thing going on.

And her VA is channeling Eartha Kitt
The faces and facial animations are a huge improvement from Injustice 1. Holy hell the greasy doughy blob faces in that game were awful

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Hell, the faces are a huge improvement over mkx too.

Finished the story and played some multiverse.

I'm going to get a ton of mileage out of multiverse mode. Mkx living towers on steroids doesn't even do it justice.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

The Fool posted:

Hell, the faces are a huge improvement over mkx too.

Finished the story and played some multiverse.

I'm going to get a ton of mileage out of multiverse mode. Mkx living towers on steroids doesn't even do it justice.

Same. I haven't really bothered to dive into ranked yet. I've played about six matches and every single one of them was a terrible lag fest.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Holy poo poo Black Canary is fun, I never play parry focused characters normally but for some reason she's clicking with me.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

sexpig by night posted:

Holy poo poo Black Canary is fun, I never play parry focused characters normally but for some reason she's clicking with me.

Watched PR Rog play her for a bit and she seems like she's pretty dirty.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wonder Woman's kind of an rear end in a top hat huh

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's great how Regime Wonder Woman is literally the most evil person in the game.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Funky Valentine posted:

It's great how Regime Wonder Woman is literally the most evil person in the game.

The actual Wonder Woman from Injustice 1 even called her out on how horrible she is.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Funky Valentine posted:

It takes a lot to make me dislike a character more than Superman, but somehow WW managed it.

I'm finally venturing into Online play, and I don't know what the connection issue is, but I haven't been able to finish a full game. They're counting as "wins" for me, but my record also lists 2 disconnects, so I'm not sure if I'm the one with the issue or my opponents. I've only played a couple matches so far but I'll be in the middle of comboing somebody and then the game just freezes and I'm asked if I want to search for a new opponent.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Supergirl is awesome. Here's an easy combo to do after launching: jump in 2,3 then immediately do a fully powered laser eyes. A good combo including this is meter burned teleport, launch, jump in 2,3, laser eyes. Useable from mid screen and very high damage.

Ah poo poo, what the hell is notation for NRE games?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Calaveron posted:

Wonder Woman's kind of an rear end in a top hat huh

Just kinda? No she's a total douche in this universe. And this is coming from a giant Wonder Woman geek. I have posters a poo poo ton of comics - the whole box set of the WW tv series, a signed trade from Lynda Carter when I was in Chicago and saw her sing at Market Days, etc...

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hmm, that is very similar to Erron Black's EX slide animation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmP_GbF1Nbo

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
What was the trick for getting Injustice 2 to give you back your progression in a character's level? I got a level 4 Black Canary wearing level 8 gear at the moment.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

KungFu Grip posted:

What was the trick for getting Injustice 2 to give you back your progression in a character's level? I got a level 4 Black Canary wearing level 8 gear at the moment.

From what I recall you do that character's tutorial and it fixes itself, but I haven't had the issue yet.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
This game feels janky as hell, I honestly can't make heads or tails of it. The movement feels awful. It's such a bizarre experience to lose to people who clearly have serious trouble even performing simple inputs for specials. I'm really awful at it for sure.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Is there a tower mode equivalent with individual storyline stuff where is it

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That DICK! posted:

Is there a tower mode equivalent with individual storyline stuff where is it

It's the battle simulator in multiverse mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

This game feels janky as hell, I honestly can't make heads or tails of it. The movement feels awful. It's such a bizarre experience to lose to people who clearly have serious trouble even performing simple inputs for specials. I'm really awful at it for sure.

I don't agree with you

• Locked thread