Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
considering the saiyans seem much more organized and less arbitrarily belligerent like universe 7's saiyan homeworld, might mean they have better group cohesion and strength. Any individual saiyan, frost could take. But get a bunch of them could gang up and keep coming. I have a feeling Frost's personality isn't exactly like Frieza's, and the PR move really might just be something he considered tactically necessary. Sneaking around not killing any cops that stand in his way would basically mean he'd never be able to get his reputation back again. He doesn't want to be known as a terror, even though what he has done is just as terrible as what Frieza did.

So who knows. My bet is we'll get hilarious Frieza-being-tormented-by-Goku antics and he will never be redeemed, but maybe Frost will be redeemed. That would be interesting because I don't think we've ever seen a "nice" member of Frieza's race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Gowasu loving sold out. I'm totally using Adblock on his videos now.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy poo poo they need to stop with Roshi. That garbage might have flown back in the 80s, but here in the 21st century it's just gross.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The new episode introduced us to Master Roshi's main opponent in the tournament.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This was a very very good episode. I am extremely happy that we will be getting Superman vs Sonic vs Sailor Moon vs Goku. This tournament is starting to feel like The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Haha yeah love that meme song.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Holy poo poo they need to stop with Roshi. That garbage might have flown back in the 80s, but here in the 21st century it's just gross.

roshi is undergoing training to remove his grossness. he knows hes unacceptable. he wants to be a better man. please support him in this difficult time

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Old Kaio bringing up the "why don't I unlock your super secret potential" did more wrong than good actually.

Just by looking at youtube comments most people didn't remember that was a thing, and now they are like "WTF, why didn't they think about this 25 hours ago? Why don't they do it inside the Space Time Chamber on everyone?"

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That's like asking "Who do people check the noise in horror movies"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lezard_valeth posted:

Old Kaio bringing up the "why don't I unlock your super secret potential" did more wrong than good actually.

Just by looking at youtube comments most people didn't remember that was a thing, and now they are like "WTF, why didn't they think about this 25 hours ago? Why don't they do it inside the Space Time Chamber on everyone?"

I am sure that was an intentional troll on the audience. Goku and friends have been pissing away their very limited time, and not using even a single cheat they have available to them. For gods sake gather the Dragonballs and wish someone immortal, do something!

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Rutibex posted:

Abridged Popo is now canon:

holy poo poo

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

From the preview it looks like next week's episode might be where Krillin, 18, Tien, Bulma, and Vegeta find out about the erasure business and that it's all Goku's fault.

Also, at the end of the day - and I get that he's a joke and whatnot - but why Frieza over Yamcha (fanservice notwithstanding)? He can fight at least at Roshi's level and has heart to boot. A well-placed Sokidan would probably work wonders.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I kinda of want everyone else to reluctantly accept Yamcha on the team only to find out Goku already got Frieza.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bobjr posted:

I kinda of want everyone else to reluctantly accept Yamcha on the team only to find out Goku already got Frieza.

"Yamcha vs Frieza? Pitched battle for the last spot!"

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Puar has a better success rate than Yamcha in tournament bouts tbh.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Little Mac posted:

Also, at the end of the day - and I get that he's a joke and whatnot - but why Frieza over Yamcha (fanservice notwithstanding)? He can fight at least at Roshi's level and has heart to boot. A well-placed Sokidan would probably work wonders.

Instead of Frieza they should revive the real powerhouse: Boss Carrot

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

"Yamcha vs Frieza? Pitched battle for the last spot!"

Shame Freeza's non-gold forms are way stronger too nowadays, it would've been interesting to learn how Buu-saga era-ish humans would fare against Freeza.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Spiritus Nox posted:

Shame Freeza's non-gold forms are way stronger too nowadays, it would've been interesting to learn how Buu-saga era-ish humans would fare against Freeza.

they were not remotely close to final form freeza, and at the very best could probably not instantly die against 2nd form

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Here's the thing

Barring filler, Yamcha has never, ever ranked anywhere near the other heroes.

For Dragon Ball, it was Goku, Piccolo, Tien, and a bit below them are Roshi and Krillin. Way below them, is Yamcha. This held true up to the Namek Saga, where Tien fell behind Krillin for onscreen stuff due to being dead.

Yamcha's single best canon showing is almost killing a Saibaman, and we all know how that ended.

Tien on the flip side would have killed Nappa if Nappa didn't brace for the attack, and that was missing an arm. How strong Tien is compared to Krillin is super up in the air, but the way they're treated is entirely differently, even as Tien gets shut down in the last two episodes.

He stands as a distant but equal fighter with Goku, Piccolo and Gohan. Goku was pretty confidant that Tien could fight Piccolo, who can trade blows with SSJ 2s now. There's none of the worry that he's too weak to fight that Krillin has. The fact that he did take some serious blows from Gohan and kept getting back up is a testament to his resilience at the least.

Yamcha is and always has been a joke fighter. His biggest solo victory was still with the help of Bulma's tits.

Now having said ALL of that- if it was Tien (or Roshi) that got knocked out of the running, Yamcha would fit just fine as a replacement. He's definitely weaker, but he fits roughly the same hole they would leave and even has some of his own unique moves to add in. Not a perfect fit, but he'd be the best bet.

Buu is not Tien. Buu can go toe to toe with Goku and had just gotten an even more powerful body. His whole thing is that he is a power house who is hard to put down. You cannot replace him with a skilled martial artist, that doesn't fit the hole he leaves behind.

You need raw power to replace Buu. Otherwise the team's balance goes down the toilet.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Please. We all know who deserves the tenth spot.

Serge Painsbourg fucked around with this message at 05:36 on May 21, 2017

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Vegeta goes into a room that turns an entire year into a day, and immediately afterwards, they talk about how there's no time for Old Kai's ritual. Is this series intentionally trolling us?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

They could always say they need 24 "real" hours and those count as artificial hours or something.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Is Gowasu teaching people the parapara dance? Even with that timeline erased it finds a way to haunt us.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

HGH posted:

Is Gowasu teaching people the parapara dance? Even with that timeline erased it finds a way to haunt us.
Do not speak of forbidden artes so lightly. They were sealed away for a reason.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I'm just looking forward to Frost vs Frieza, and seeing both of them wig out at each other. I presume that's why they're going with this, after all.

Frieza's going to be offended at the weakness of Frost, Frost's going to be WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU?!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

HGH posted:

Gowasu knows what gets the views.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

dipwood posted:

Is this series intentionally trolling us?

Only if it ends in a cosmic retcon into GT

And even then I wouldn't be mad but just laugh my rear end off

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I bet the writers find the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and even the Dragonballs themselves to be the biggest pains in the rear end to write around because of stuff like that.

For the chamber they should have just laid down some rules. Say you have to spend at least 24 real life hours in it and only two people can go in at a time, problem solved.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

khwarezm posted:

I bet the writers find the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and even the Dragonballs themselves to be the biggest pains in the rear end to write around because of stuff like that.
That's why they are going to get banned from the time chamber

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

khwarezm posted:

For the chamber they should have just laid down some rules. Say you have to spend at least 24 real life hours in it and only two people can go in at a time, problem solved.

The time chamber and Dragonballs always have tons of rules....until they don't.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

khwarezm posted:

Yeah, cause the fandom reacts so well to retcons

The proper way to write around dumb plot breaking stuff is to not write dumb plot breaking stuff in the first place since most often than not you will have to write an asspull down the line to circumvent it (ie. Bleach's Yhwach Bach's Allmighty plot rewriting power being turned off by Arrow of Literal Asspull)

Or alternatively, just outright ignore it and tell the audience to just have fun with the flashy kung fu (ie. see a bit above why adressing the Potential Awakening Ritual turned out to be a bad idea)

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 21, 2017

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The line from the elder kai was brilliant. The show is self aware enough to know it's totally absurd, and openly mocks it's most autistic detail obsessed fans.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Probably true, nobody even thought of Old Kai's awakening thing until they mentioned it this episode. Now people are up in arms about this bloody, gaping plot hole all over the internet.

God its weird the way that a series as intrinsically ridiculous and light as Dragonball has a huge amount of fans tediously obsessed with the internal rigor of the universe. I guess if they didn't keep putting in stuff like power levels none of this would happen.

Or maybe it would anyway I don't know.

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

I do like that Frost seems to actually be suffering consequences for the reveal from the last tournament, and that combined with Frieza stuff really makes it feel like they're starting to tie the arcs together more tightly in some smart ways

Maybe they'll just have all the arcs meld together so that after this multi-universe tournament Frieza steals the super dragon balls and uses them to wish for immortality before fusing with Frost into a god-like being so they can at last battle all the other fighters at once and have their revenge.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

I do hope universe 10 gets some love though, cause jesus gently caress is the one guy revealed so far extremely lame.

i'm not sure how much thicker they can lay it on with "UNIVERSE 10 IS A JOKE TEAM" at this point

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Isn't the thing about the ritual also that it takes longer the more power you have to unlock? Or was that a mistranslation and it's always about 25 hours?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Universe 10 are the best and xXxGoWasU420xXx's KamiTube channel will have the most subscribers.

... until the whole, y'know, all of them dying because they couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding thing.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:40 on May 21, 2017

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

gowasu hates himself for zamasu and knows he's going to be erased and accepts it since he can do what makes him truly happy, one last time

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Just finished reading Super Manga 24.

It looks like Toyotaro is really gonna achieve the impossible and fix Zamasu's arc ending by making the manga's ending incredibly stupid and terrible thus vindicating the anime's.

At least in the anime Trunk asspulled a Genkidama that gave him a pyrrhic victory in what was supposed to be his arc.

Here, Trunks asspulled healing powers so that Goku could continue being the super l33t times 1000 4ever and kick Fused Zamasu's rear end

This is worse than fanfic level of bad

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 08:56 on May 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Universe 10 are the best and xXxGoWasU420xXx's KamiTube channel will have the most subscribers.

... until the whole, y'know, all of them dying because they couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding thing.

Universe 10 is going out with a bang ... the highest rated KamiTube video ever. History will not forget them.

• Locked thread