Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Kiger_Soze posted:

Have 2 teams ever swept their way to the finals
Lakers and Pistons both going 7-0 in 89 was the previous record

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

verbal enema posted:

Lol Cleveland is going to eat these cats alive

How is Cleveland going to make it to the finals when Jaylen Brown leads the Celtics to four straight wins in the ECFs?

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Holy mother of god Warriors GM looks goofy as gently caress

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Zzzz

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

warcrimes posted:

11-0

"flawed"

They wouldn't be 11-0 without Durant.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Fuckin hell man really feel like the Spurs could have been up 2-1 with Kawhi

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

eh, but they have durant, so isn't that a moot point?

illcendiary posted:

Fuckin hell man really feel like the Spurs could have been up 2-1 with Kawhi

3-0

Kiger_Soze
Feb 1, 2005
2 most stacked teams ever In finals. Should be fun

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
These playoffs have sucked, but they MIGHT be setting up an incredible finals.

So what I'm saying is, LeBron is going to get hurt in the 3rd quarter of Game 1, the Warriors will roll, and we'll all feel blueballed.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

shirts and skins posted:

These playoffs have sucked, but they MIGHT be setting up an incredible finals.

So what I'm saying is, LeBron is going to get hurt in the 3rd quarter of Game 1, the Warriors will roll, and we'll all feel blueballed.

the first two spurs series were pretty good :shrug:

lebron never gets hurt

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
As a spurs fan, I am APPALLED by the current NBA and want to go back to the glory parity days of 2003-07

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

RaySmuckles posted:

do you think the cavs have the length to challenge durant? i think they can make it hard for him, especially since lebron can come blitz at the rim

Durant is weird that in the sense that the best way to guard him might actually be to throw an old point guard on him.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Spurs granted NBA fans the best two games of the playoffs, Grizzlies Game 4 and Rockets Game 5

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

RaySmuckles posted:

eh, but they have durant, so isn't that a moot point?

3-0

Not really since my point is they've looked bad at times and when those times have happened Durant has exploded.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Oh man this place if a Warrior injured Lebron in the Finals.....

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

RaySmuckles posted:

the first two spurs series were pretty good :shrug:

lebron never gets hurt

Fair, fair, and watching Houston get pantsed was pretty fun.

And yeah I know LeBron is pretty much invincible, I was just thinking of the one thing that would totally ruin this series. Even Curry or Durant going down wouldn't do it, because the other could theoretically pick up some of the slack.

Really excited for this one.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

Not really since my point is they've looked bad at times and when those times have happened Durant has exploded.

durant is essentially the perfect solution to when team ball starts stalling

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
well,

it is what it is

spurs missing their mvp-finalist star player decided this series the moment he went down

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Rick posted:

[Team] wouldn't be [record] without [star player] is one of the most hollow criticisms ever.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

TBeats posted:

[Team] wouldn't be [record] without [star player] is one of the most hollow criticisms ever.

For gently caress's sake this forum is so stupid sometimes.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What total loving garbage. We could have made this maybe a 7 game series if we had Kawhi and Tony.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Rick posted:

For gently caress's sake this forum is so stupid sometimes.

Yeah, like 11-0 flawed teams.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Bashez: Wow Durant is good.
Me: Yeah he's so good that he's bailed the team out when it's looked bad.
Idiot Warcrimes: Durrr they are 11-0 which means they've never looked bad at any point at all during this entire season or ever I really thinkt his because I'm a big loving stupid person
Me: Yeah they actually wouldn't be 11-0 without Durant which is the point of my sentence which you could get from actually reading the conversation that took place.
Other Idiots Here: UDRRRRRRRRRRR YOU KNOW HE AACTUALLY WAS ON THAE TEAM SO IT ADIKLJDS;KLEOESN'T MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Confounding Factor posted:

What total loving garbage. We could have made this maybe a 7 game series if we had Kawhi and Tony.

The coward Zaza couldn't even be healthy enough to get boo'd all game

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Rick posted:

Idiot Warcrimes: Durrr they are 11-0 which means they've never looked bad at any point at all during this entire season or ever I really thinkt his because I'm a big loving stupid person
Me: Yeah they actually wouldn't be 11-0 without Durant which is the point of my sentence which you could get from actually reading the conversation that took place.
Other Idiots Here: UDRRRRRRRRRRR YOU KNOW HE AACTUALLY WAS ON THAE TEAM SO IT ADIKLJDS;KLEOESN'T MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice meltdown.

It's like Klay Thompson didn't ball out in last year's playoffs when Steph was injured. If Durant isn't here, who's to say Klay doesn't blow up again? He hasn't been really needed yet. Yes, they're a much better team with Durant.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Warriors are simultaneously really loving good, really loving lucky, and a group of punk-asses.

Kiger_Soze
Feb 1, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The Warriors are simultaneously really loving good, really loving lucky, and a group of punk-asses.

Feels good man.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Rick posted:

And when Durrant looked bad, Curry has exploded. And when both looked bad, Draymond took his defense on a new level.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Rick posted:

Savage szn has arrived

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Rick posted:

lol you typed all this stupid poo poo

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Paperback Writer posted:

Oh man this place if a Warrior injured Lebron in the Finals.....

"this place" is actually being a lot nicer to the warriors than everywhere else on the internet

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wait aren't you a clippers fan?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Rick posted:

maybe you are saying that the Warriors would occasionally stagnate last season and in those moments this season Durant tends to come alive and bail them out?

but phrasin' it like the warriors wouldn't be 11-0 without Durant is silly. Without Durant the Warriors would be playing 4v5 at various points in the game which I'm certain the Spurs could have capitalized on. Without Durant many of the Warriors passes would simply have sailed out of bounds, watches eyes moving across the eerie empty swing position with a confusing and unspeakable sense of loss

edit: I think that's supposed to be watching eyes or something not sure

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 06:07 on May 21, 2017

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

EvanTH posted:

maybe you are saying that the Warriors would occasionally stagnate last season and in those moments this season Durant tends to come alive and bail them out?

but phrasin' it like the warriors wouldn't be 11-0 without Durant is silly. Without Durant the Warriors would be playing 4v5 at various points in the game which I'm certain the Spurs could have capitalized on. Without Durant many of the Warriors passes would simply have sailed out of bounds, watches eyes moving across the eerie empty swing position with a confusing and unspeakable sense of loss

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Spite posted:

Foochs is the most optimistic Wake Forest/Crisp Haul fan and deserves plaudits

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spite posted:

Yes but as Nick said only because of the Wake Forest Connection. I hate the Warriors. Purestrain hate.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Rick posted:

seems accurate

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

illcendiary posted:

In their current form maybe, but really the Dubs are just kinda loving around right now. When the game truly matters you don't see Steph throwing behind the back passes

this rules

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

EvanTH posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

EvanTH posted:

Their Eyes Were Watching The Ball

• Locked thread