Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Bolkovr posted:

It's a 4-door Volkswagen sedan and the title says it's a "Jetta", but don't worry it's really a Cabrio

https://harrisonburg.craigslist.org/cto/6116962961.html

Maybe the ramblin' man knows something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

This is pretty goddamn cool... If I were into old VWs I'd probably be strongly considering buying it right now, seems like the perfect accessory piece to an old Bug or bus.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Bolkovr posted:

It's a 4-door Volkswagen sedan and the title says it's a "Jetta", but don't worry it's really a Cabrio

https://harrisonburg.craigslist.org/cto/6116962961.html

It is a $300 car it can be a cabrio for $20 worth of saws-all blades and a tarp.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 4, 2020

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

puberty worked me over posted:

Show me a street legal sub 2200lb mid engine RWD coupe legal in the US manufactured in the last 20 years for under $15,000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfpQTAFoTU4

Corvette is technically FMR, C4s can be had for well under $15k, and with an aluminum LS would be under 2200lbs.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
You mean 3200lb.

edit: oh, I get it

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 21, 2017

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah, am aluminium LS is not gonna get a Corvette to 2200lb. But a sawzall will.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

VetteKart all the Vettes.

I'm actually seriously pondering selling my Z06 and doing a C4 VetteKart.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeah, am aluminium LS is not gonna get a Corvette to 2200lb. But a sawzall will.

The sawzall only got it down to 2400, but an aluminum LS on top of that will do it.

The car probably still had a copper rad and A/C too

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

puberty worked me over posted:

Show me a street legal sub 2200lb mid engine RWD coupe legal in the US manufactured in the last 20 years for under $15,000.

I don't really think mid engine is a deal breaker. Lots of RWD coupes under 15K that don't need a poo poo ton of bracing to handle the way you want.

Buying a convertible to turn into a coupe is dumb and a waste of money imo.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

super nailgun posted:

This is pretty goddamn cool... If I were into old VWs I'd probably be strongly considering buying it right now, seems like the perfect accessory piece to an old Bug or bus.

That is some awesome VW kit. I'd rock it, but I don't have $5k and an ACVW to match. I wish I were clever enough with sheet metal to reproduce that, it looks like there's dimple-died ribs that go up the inner corners to provide bracing for the roof and rounded edges.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
This just popped up near me. I don't need it but I'm tempted anyway:

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/6143954471.html

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

willroc7 posted:

If I lived close, I'd buy the poo poo out of that. Also "Theft alarm system is not working." Translation, they got tired of it waking them up in the middle of the night so they took it out, which is a completely legit fix for those.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

willroc7 posted:

This one also just popped up :v:

https://mansfield.craigslist.org/cto/6144875335.html

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

That is drat cool, but also not $1400.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

willroc7 posted:

That is drat cool, but also not $1400.

It was more tongue in cheek but the more I think about it the more I like it to the point that I'm getting concerned

I'm thinking about tossing out a lowball on this though since it's been across the street from me for months and why not if I can get it for like 5500 or less. But if a couple thousand more gets me a retardo 300zx in great cosmetic condition with an engine that my company mechanics are incredibly familiar with...

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

willroc7 posted:

Aaaaand running this one past my wife.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I don't really think mid engine is a deal breaker. Lots of RWD coupes under 15K that don't need a poo poo ton of bracing to handle the way you want.

Buying a convertible to turn into a coupe is dumb and a waste of money imo.

I would drive the hell out of it on a dry surface where there's nothing to run into or off of when my inexperience and snap oversteer make me spin out. I wouldn't buy a swap, but it seems like a fun alternative to a Miata / Mazdaspeed. Everything I've read (from when I was considering one) says it's extremely fun even with the 1ZZ.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Jymmybob posted:

It was more tongue in cheek but the more I think about it the more I like it to the point that I'm getting concerned

I'm thinking about tossing out a lowball on this though since it's been across the street from me for months and why not if I can get it for like 5500 or less. But if a couple thousand more gets me a retardo 300zx in great cosmetic condition with an engine that my company mechanics are incredibly familiar with...

Wow, that's a cheap boxster. I think i'm going to go buy that Saab tonight, if everything is on the up and up.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
A Pontiac solstice coupe is just a touch over 3,000 Lbs and in Turbo form is 260 horseys. This is all I have for sub 15k coupes but it is no where near 2200 lbs. Lotus is only thing close. My gut would have to be movable to my side for that to work.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Not craigslist, probably overpriced, and certainly a terrible idea, but I thought I'd post this anyway.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Not craigslist, probably overpriced, and certainly a terrible idea, but I thought I'd post this anyway.

I dig everything about this besides the fact that it looks like it's been sitting a while.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The sticker above the plate says it all

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

this is amazing and anyone who doesn't believe in the zombieapocalypse can gently caress right off.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

what kind of a trailer is that?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Looks like a Featherlite converted to a camper.

nine16thsdago
Jun 29, 2005
fprintf(stderr, "this should never print\n");
actual good deal?

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/6145485933.html

edit:

Larrymer posted:

What does diabeetus have to do with selling a car?

i'm guessing bad enough peripheral neuropathy makes it harder to drive a manual?

nine16thsdago fucked around with this message at 12:53 on May 25, 2017

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Larrymer posted:

Why do people feel they need to post an excuse why they are selling a car? It is for sale because I want money more then this car.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Elephanthead posted:

Why do people feel they need to post an excuse why they are selling a car? It is for sale because I want money more then this car.
I ask the owner of every car I've bought why they're selling. They could give you bs of course but its just another step in feeling out the seller.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

One could live comfortably in that as a condominum, wtf

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

this is amazing and anyone who doesn't believe in the zombieapocalypse can gently caress right off.

haha zombies lol

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Waffle House posted:

One could live comfortably in that as a condominum, wtf

Especially since that's in MA (I'm guessing by the 978 area code somewhere in the North Shore) where that much Sq/ft in a house or condo would easily cost 10 times what that camper costs.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Cage posted:

I ask the owner of every car I've bought why they're selling. They could give you bs of course but its just another step in feeling out the seller.

I'm going to answer to pay for my dogs funeral.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

You'd be surprised how much a good viking longship costs nowadays.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

Because histodiscoCMchannel has taught them that a rolling trash heap always comes with a story. In this guys case, diabeetus.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

beep-beep car is go posted:

Especially since that's in MA (I'm guessing by the 978 area code somewhere in the North Shore) where that much Sq/ft in a house or condo would easily cost 10 times what that camper costs.

Yep, Lowell specifically.

Also, as of a year and a half ago it looks like it was not yet for sale. https://goo.gl/maps/Job75mxHXL12

Disgruntled Bovine fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 25, 2017

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

Larrymer posted:

You can get your license pulled for repeated episodes of Diabetic seizures. Usually due to people who have sudden severe reaction to hypoglycemia resulting in seizures. This is similar to epileptics who face identical driving and licensure suspensions.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/6130795456.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

VTEC just kicked in