Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I haven't gotten too much into Melvins because anytime I want to listen to Melvins I just throw on Houdini because that album's loving awesome.

True but the two drummer phase that started with a senile animal is also worth checking out. There's no gently caress around joke songs

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

The Muppets On PCP posted:

pretty much everything up through that first 3 album set they did for ipecac is good after that they're kinda boring
In a similar vein I wish Mike would get off his rear end and start releasing Fantomas albums again.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
if you like Melvins you like KARP whether you know it or not. Als if you've only ever jammed Houdini you owe it to yourself to at least throw on Bullhead and Stoner Witch

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
What episode is the thread title from?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/nogoalsnogoals/status/866181890885210113
Important gas station sandwich takes

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Analytic Engine posted:

I don't think, or at least I don't know, that it's from a specific episode. It's in the bio on the @CHAPOTRAPHOUSE twitter account.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

achillesforever6 posted:

In a similar vein I wish Mike would get off his rear end and start releasing Fantomas albums again.

i dunno his shtick's really worn thin for me over the years

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Analytic Engine posted:

I think ben shapiro or maybe one of the other guys they made fun of on the show called the podcast that at one point on twitter and everybody sort of picked it up and went with it from there.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

if you like Melvins you like KARP whether you know it or not. Als if you've only ever jammed Houdini you owe it to yourself to at least throw on Bullhead and Stoner Witch

True, I've listened to Self Titled LP more than any individual Melvins album.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

dopesmoker or holy mountain?

Which one do you think Solid Snake prefers? Would Big Boss agree?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Which one do you think Solid Snake prefers? Would Big Boss agree?

Solid Snake would prefer the straightforward nature of Dopesmoker, but Big Boss is a more complicated man and would understand that the changing nature of Holy Mountain is truly it's strength.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I thought I finally had a handle on this hosed up year but a glowing saudi orb has once again proven my dumb sadbrains wrong.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
it would be more ominous if king salman didn't look like he just poo poo his britches

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

achillesforever6 posted:

He's been doing Dead Cross with Dave Lombardo and one of the Melvins and it owns hard

Not even into Fantomas I just want more Mit Gas sounding Tomahawk

Also uh I guess the new episode is real funny, there's that

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
https://twitter.com/dadadadave/status/866433770081202176

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

:perfect:

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

True but the two drummer phase that started with a senile animal is also worth checking out. There's no gently caress around joke songs

Seeing them in this phase (I think when Nude with Boots came out) is in my top ten of favorite shows. Got to talk to Buzz after and he was really nice. I kind of expected him to be a mega-smartass but he was just really pleasant and wanted to show us his guitar.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

No new episode tonight?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Saw this on facebook, it's phrenology for foot fetishists.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
if celts really have hosed up donkey feet like that maybe all this anti-irish racism the chapo boys have been feeding us is right

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

if celts really have hosed up donkey feet like that

Can confirm.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
hmm I think that image may be somewhat scientifically dubious

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I'm half German half Celtic. looks legit based on my dna test.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

No new episode tonight?

Just went up.
https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/episode-110-the-rocktober-revolution-feat-china-mieville-52217

Guest is China Mieville. Super stoked for this one.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

holy poo poo. wasn't expecting that!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm unironically with Matt on this. Get rid of the Presidency.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Saw this on facebook, it's phrenology for foot fetishists.

Where do Illyrians and Phoenicians fit into all of this

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Whoaaaaa! Not the guest I expected at all. Can't wait to listen tomorrow

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Pro tip: Do not watch the My 600 lb Life episode that Matt recommends. 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

Karp owns.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I'm gonna side with China on this one, the Cosplay Left is a much more appropriate moniker for tankies.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/ItsTonyNow/status/866667912089743360

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

China Mieville was a great guest

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

For anyone interested, China's a contributing editor of Salvage, which is like a slightly drier version of Jacobin.

EDIT: Also, if you're looking to buy October I think it's currently available from Verso at 20% off for hardback editions or 40% off for the kindle version.

TomViolence fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 22, 2017

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually read any of his books because I didn't think they sounded like my thing, but I think I'll check em out now. Which ones do people recommend?

I also loved when they did their big analogy about Lenin being a poster and he was just like "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
hey y'all catalyst is good and doing some academic reading insulates your mind from the vagaries of twitter so buy that journal, fam.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I've never actually read any of his books because I didn't think they sounded like my thing, but I think I'll check em out now. Which ones do people recommend?

I also loved when they did their big analogy about Lenin being a poster and he was just like "I have no idea what you're talking about."

There's not much consensus, but I wuld sugest Embassytown or The Scar. The Scar is technically a sequel to Perdido Street Station, but it's only loosely connected, and it's just a better book.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The best left wing journals are n+1 and the London Review of Books.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Definitely the City and the City.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
i liked kraken a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

GalacticAcid posted:

The best left wing journals are n+1 and the London Review of Books.

Also friends don't let friends read The New Inquiry.