Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

pap schmear posted:

And in the last one why the hell is Trump wearing high heels?
It's what the fancy pants kings wear in portraits and adds a strut that can be seen in the top cartoon.

That outfit is close to the one that Rowe drew on Trump on inauguration day then went to more traditional suit-with-overlong-tie until reviving the outfit for Day 100 and generally sticking with it when he's not drawing Trump literally as a giant fleshy monster covered in piss.

edit: Rowe dog

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 10:28 on May 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Fourth panel not a bunch of turkish people rushing in to shout angrily about the kurds, suspension of disbelief broken.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Deport The Irish posted:

I think the era of Facebook comment sections has definitively proven that people weren't assholes because they were anonymous, they were assholes because they had an audience.

It's not the anonymity, it's the distance. Screen-to-screen communication is more distant than face-to-face communication. It lets people be much bolder, less inhibited. Being anonymous increases that even more, but it isn't necessary.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Lurdiak posted:

Nowhere in that comic does it say anonymity is the reason people are horrible on the internet.

See maybe why I dislike the comic and you like it is because I read it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Cat Mattress posted:

It's not the anonymity, it's the distance. Screen-to-screen communication is more distant than face-to-face communication. It lets people be much bolder, less inhibited. Being anonymous increases that even more, but it isn't necessary.

That's a better way to put it than I did. There's positive and negative stimuli to being an rear end in a top hat, and being on the internet lets you diminish the negative stimuli. In person you can be an rear end in a top hat and then there's the negative stimuli of getting your rear end kicked. But on the internet you can get the instant endorphin rush but if there's any negative stimuli it will be indirect and delayed, like getting banned from social media.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"The elephants in May's room - Chris Riddell on the Tory manifesto"

Telegraph:

Indpendent:

After George Sheridan Knowles.

Independnet on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

"I loooooove terrorists."

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
I can't seperate Gerald Scarfe from The Wall, so whenever I see a comic of his I just imagine it to be some missing concept art from that album.

I love that he draws Trump like the rear end-Judge from The Trial.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Same, Zelda.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/donleykogn/status/866271029957492737

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Pit hair missing in panel 2. 6/10 Zelda cheesecake.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Ularg posted:

Actual anonymity helps these assholes actually send out threats, but for the rest of the regular harassment is done by people who may as well be anonymous because nothing is going to really happen to them in response.

But if there's anything I learned is that the assholes might just be the majority in our society, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Wasn't there some study done that found that the vast vast majority of comments were posted by a tiny fraction of the userbase of just about any site? Like yeah there's a lot of "Obama did 9/11!" posts but it's basically one dude who sits around posting it everywhere because he has literally nothing going on in his life

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Apes-Ma posted:

I can't seperate Gerald Scarfe from The Wall, so whenever I see a comic of his I just imagine it to be some missing concept art from that album.

I love that he draws Trump like the rear end-Judge from The Trial.

It helps that Trump basically looks like a Scarfe caricature, so before I ever saw him start drawing him, I'd look at trump and say "that guy looks like the literal rear end in a top hat judge from The Wall."

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I mean, I don't <3 Hamas, but assuming his support for the IRA was more general support of separatism I don't really have any other complaints. Loving them lefty smears.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pakled posted:

I was googling around searching for it when I found this

AGC

It's really hosed up that there was a draft during the War on Terror.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Fister Roboto posted:

It's really hosed up that there was a draft during the War on Terror.

In the bush W. years you always had some military recruiters camped in your high school, probably around the cafeteria or any high traffic place to snag as many kids you can, as well as just bombing students with calls and letters about exciting new opportunities in the military!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Cowardly Democrats! You'd never find people who went AWOL among the Republicans!

Now excuse me I have to pay some swift boat veterans for their totally spontaneous denunciation of Kerry.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Crabtree posted:

In the bush W. years you always had some military recruiters camped in your high school, probably around the cafeteria or any high traffic place to snag as many kids you can, as well as just bombing students with calls and letters about exciting new opportunities in the military!

They did that more in the Clinton years since the economy was so good nobody wanted to join.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Nah they came to classes to talk about career options

Other speakers included representatives of fine institutions such as DeVry

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Lucky for that little donkey that his grandpa wasn't a huge idiot.

Unlucky for that little donkey his grandpa didn't actually do anything to stop any of those things.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Stultus Maximus posted:

They did that more in the Clinton years since the economy was so good nobody wanted to join.

It's more the need for cannon fodder that impacts the forcefulness of recruiting than the well being of the economy.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Lmao

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

haha what

toons:

a working joke from Kirschen??

quote:

Reformer Larry Krasner wins Philly DA primary. Paid for and brought to you by George Soros.

quote:

After a career suing the police, Larry Krasner is primed to be Philly's next DA.

Is it just me or did previously at least sane FYGM-conservative Stiglich turn into alt-media nutjob Stiglich shortly after Trump's inauguration?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Trogdos! posted:

a working joke from Kirschen??

A racist clock will occasionally hate on someone deserving hate.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Trogdos! posted:

Is it just me or did previously at least sane FYGM-conservative Stiglich turn into alt-media nutjob Stiglich shortly after Trump's inauguration?

Isn't this pretty much what happened to every conservative? :v:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Crabtree posted:

I meant more that you can't be AWOL if you're not actually in the military. That's just... being a civilian. It's a dumb comic for a lot of reasons.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

A racist clock will occasionally hate on someone deserving hate.

Did he say anything about Trump leaking brave Mossad secrets either? Man, it must really sting thinking about all the times you paraded Trump as a big strong ally of Israel, only to find him dancing with the Saudis four months in!

poo poo, wait, anyone done that cartoon yet? Its perfect! Dancing with the Saudis.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 21, 2017

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
At this point is "thug" even coded racism or are we past the point of the last holdouts still pretending?
I guess it shouldn't be surprising from the kind of cartoonist who'll laugh at the phrase "black lives matter" like it's an absurd claim in itself.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/xychelsea/status/865971439639425024

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Girl gamers :rolleyes:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

:allears:

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Muslims: known for their love of keeping dogs as pets.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

xthetenth posted:

Also, Lester draws cheese with holes like Swiss and yellow like cheddar.

this is a real post

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Here's the latest DDees:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Muslims: known for their love of keeping dogs as pets.

A cat would've been more appropriate (everyone knows muslims love cats) but the common expression is "lap dog", so this reads better.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

Here's the latest DDees:

Lol

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Cat Mattress posted: