Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Stangg posted:

Has anyone had an issue with FPS in the game when streaming video on a second monitor, if so how did you fix it?

Twitch is really harsh on both fps and network jitter. I 'fixed' it by lowering twitch quality significantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Hyvok posted:

I'm new to POE and I've been sort of trying out all kinds of different builds to try to kinda pick out something for the upcoming 3.0 (highest level character is a LA ranger at 70). Haven't felt like getting in to mapping since the league will end pretty soon any way.

I feel like I'm missing something but pretty much all melee and non-ranged builds seem feel absolutely terrible to play. Mainly the problem is just dying instantly without even having an idea to what. I'm currently playing a tankytwirl (cyclone CoC EK/bladefall) and this one has been the most awful experience so far. He is like a meatgrinder, just destroys everything you cyclone in to and sort of fun to play but he just keeps dying instantly to something all the time. Like You cyclone in to a pack, most of the time you take very little damage but sometimes you just die instantly (this is in cruel btw. lvl 51). Wtf? This has been my experience with other melees as well (not quite so bad though). I have like 50/50/75% resistances right now. I've literally not managed to gain any experience between sceptre of god - dried lake due to dying so many times now. I'm probably missing something important (I am running and trying to keep fortify up with whirling blades and spamming evasion etc. flasks). Like how do you play a melee in HC?

First of all if your resists aren't capped that will end up ganking you pretty quick. Second of all how much life do you have? From the sounds of it you're making the beginner mistake of "not taking enough life"

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

The solution is to always take more life

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

I'm playing my first character (L70 Earthquake Duelist/Crusader), and am at a point where I'm sort of stuck. I have gear on I haven't replaced for 30+ levels. Granted, it's good gear, I'm just getting the itch to upgrade. Problem is, I'm just not finding anything. I've been doing dry lake (super easy mode) and mapping I've only found up to tier 3 so far. Maps are super easy, then I get to the bosses and they tend to 2-shot me if they get near me. Should I be looking to start crafting something or just trade up?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

poe.trade is your friend (as is learning to not let bosses hit you with their big attacks)

def. make sure your resists are capped too

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
also join the guild for free maps

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

TheRat posted:

Twitch is really harsh on both fps and network jitter. I 'fixed' it by lowering twitch quality significantly.

It also does it with youtube and netflix.

Nova Odin
Jul 13, 2014

Stangg posted:

Has anyone had an issue with FPS in the game when streaming video on a second monitor, if so how did you fix it?

Are you using Chrome? I had this problem until I turned off Hardware Acceleration in Chrome.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Do your monitors have different refresh rates?

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
yeah I'm using Chrome, I'll check out the hardware acceleration stuff. I don't think my monitors have different refresh rates as they are the same model and the problem has only manifested recently, maybe something got changed though so I'll check that out.

It doesn't happen when I play videos normally, so I hope it's not that my internet connection is causing the issue by not being able to handle both, though if I put on youtube video and then switch tabs I don't really see an issue.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Ascendant changes. Nothing stands out as hugely great there to me, though getting an extra 4 passive points is nice.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

theshim posted:

Ascendant changes. Nothing stands out as hugely great there to me, though getting an extra 4 passive points is nice.

Isn't it only 2 extra? You can only take 1 "path of" node.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Magus42 posted:

Isn't it only 2 extra? You can only take 1 "path of" node.

I'm assuming the colorless nodes inbetween the stat node and the class based ascendancy is still +2 passive points

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
The colorless nodes are +1. The changes only give 2 extra passives over what you can get right now.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the Assassin change means we are nearing a 95% crit Wander with ultra cheap gear and low tree investment (add Deadeye to make some funny yet obsolete CoC Wander)

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

the Assassin change means we are nearing a 95% crit Wander with ultra cheap gear and low tree investment (add Deadeye to make some funny yet obsolete CoC Wander)

But you can already do that with actual assassin.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Anything combined with Slayer is going to be very potent now for the life leech not stopping perk. It was either that or the 20% cull. I'm not sure which would have been better.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm still not rolling one.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
I guess the Slayer node getting 50% reduced Reflected Physical Damage taken means they're definitely not getting rid of reflect.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo that feeling when you first reach the point where RF no longer damages you is incredible.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

dis astranagant posted:

But you can already do that with actual assassin.

well you still need charges, blondie can do it all the time

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

Stangg posted:

yeah I'm using Chrome, I'll check out the hardware acceleration stuff. I don't think my monitors have different refresh rates as they are the same model and the problem has only manifested recently, maybe something got changed though so I'll check that out.

It doesn't happen when I play videos normally, so I hope it's not that my internet connection is causing the issue by not being able to handle both, though if I put on youtube video and then switch tabs I don't really see an issue.

So it seems that it is in fact an internet connection issue, we've had a problem for a while where our internet resets every night at the same time. I thought it was unrelated to stuttering when streaming but it turns out the issue was without a faulty cable at the exchange causing a progressively degrading connection until the reset each night (I started getting the stuttering randomly the last few nights too but just thought the issue had progressed to me watching stuff on VLC too) so they are going to replace that and hopefully I won't be terrified of losing my characters to lag anymore. Not that I've lost a single character to lag, I've lost them all to mistakes, if anything lag made me play safer.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Wow that saboteur ascendant node is pretty laughable. Why would anyone ever take that.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Same reason to roll an actual Saboteur

There is none

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

zxqv8 posted:

Anything combined with Slayer is going to be very potent now for the life leech not stopping perk. It was either that or the 20% cull. I'm not sure which would have been better.

A fun one that was pointed out to me is Necromancer + Slayer with the Baron hat. Run a Doon Cuebiyari and stack STR. Your zombie skill can go in the helm and you can put Scorching Ray CWC Firestorm in the scepter. That lets you equip a Kaom's for tons of life, the ascendancy gives you skill duration which synergizes with Firestorm and the skill duration cluster for Firestorm is literally right next to the +1 zombie cluster you want anyways. I made a tree that has 11 zombies, 220% life, tons of DPS and an enormous amount of life leech. Then, because of the slayer ability, those life leech effects never go away.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

whypick1 posted:

Same reason to roll an actual Saboteur

There is none

Chain reaction is good when you're Saboteur. Trouble is that that doesn't suit the clearspeed meta, and not rap does due to cooldown time. You can almost manage with mines but the same thing applies, because setting and detonating are extra actions and they take time. Also mines are super mana heavy.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

FYI if anyone wanted to know how to run lab fast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXVy05TBjP8

I've followed this guy before and I just finished pushing for 40/40 last night so I actually did use some of the things I picked up from his character, like using a Phase Run setup and just trying to max out pure movespeed to go fast rather than use movement skills.

It's not really worth trying to compete with this, because you need a build that specifically drops all your life nodes to get damage + movespeed. Just use his character to pick up some tips for improving your own lab running if you're doing it for profit, like having a QotF dedicated fast runner and maybe trying to find a mine setup that can blow up Izaro fast if you want to minimize the pain of running a lot of labs. Also he just does these to get the jewels for winning every day. It's not meant to farm for keys, because the build can't really kill Argus at all.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
the gently caress

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dude turned PoE into Sonic the Hedgehog. Izaro is just Dr. Robotnik here.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
an aspirant can afford to GET A LOAD OF THIS

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ultima66 posted:

I've followed this guy before and I just finished pushing for 40/40 last night so I actually did use some of the things I picked up from his character, like using a Phase Run setup and just trying to max out pure movespeed to go fast rather than use movement skills.

It's not really worth trying to compete with this, because you need a build that specifically drops all your life nodes to get damage + movespeed. Just use his character to pick up some tips for improving your own lab running if you're doing it for profit, like having a QotF dedicated fast runner and maybe trying to find a mine setup that can blow up Izaro fast if you want to minimize the pain of running a lot of labs. Also he just does these to get the jewels for winning every day. It's not meant to farm for keys, because the build can't really kill Argus at all.

what the gently caress is that build

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Let's talk about tactics.

Ultima66 posted:

I love the little spin he does with his cursor

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I love that he doesn't use the 50% movespeed boots. Abberaths really are broken :ohdear:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Those would only take him from 503% to 528% MS, plus he'd have to actually stop every once in a while to kill stuff to keep flask charges topped up.

Related: 500 loving MOVESPEED?!?!?!? :psyduck:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
drat that's awesome

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

He could have synced up the song a bit better, but that is my only complaint with this video.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

whypick1 posted:

Those would only take him from 503% to 528% MS, plus he'd have to actually stop every once in a while to kill stuff to keep flask charges topped up.

Related: 500 loving MOVESPEED?!?!?!? :psyduck:

Look again, at the end he shows it to be 746%

mynameisbatman
Oct 3, 2008

Hi Rodent invite inyourfridge for good times!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

mynameisbatman posted:

Hi Rodent invite inyourfridge for good times!

me love you long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyvok
Mar 30, 2010
Can I get an invite to the guild? I'm not actually sure what my account name is but character name KuuraKerttu should work I guess.

• Locked thread