Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
fix what now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Everything.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

:japan:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard posted:

fix what now?

The accumulation of gigantic piles of garbage that now reside in windows and on the floor around the once they are broken, which were. barely there before the patch that was supposed to eliminate them. When I posted that, I got sniped by Glaz since there was a plank vertically spinning in front of my face (I camped under a window) that did absolutely obstruct the view.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

The accumulation of gigantic piles of garbage that now reside in windows and on the floor around the once they are broken, which were. barely there before the patch that was supposed to eliminate them. When I posted that, I got sniped by Glaz since there was a plank vertically spinning in front of my face (I camped under a window) that did absolutely obstruct the view.

I absolutely hate that debris is client side. There can be an enemy standing in full view of a broken window, yet I don't see them at all, cause debris fully covers them. But it zips to their killcam and you can instantly tell the debris wasn't there for the opponent, cause there's no way someone's gonna clock a loving headshot when there's a bit of plank covering their entire field of view. That pisses me off the most. An enemy that can see you clear as day but is hidden so well because of debris that stayed upright for you, but fell down for them.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Year 2 Season 1 finals weekend started a few hours ago. https://www.twitch.tv/rainbow6

Reddit made a pretty informative thread about the format, schedule, results and so on. https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/69ud6t/esl_pro_league_y2s1_finals_information_and/

There will also be a few dev panels to talk about Operation Health.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard, you're the authority here. Is Montagne really pronounce Mountane?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Mon-tan~nyuh

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lohli posted:

Mon-tan~nyuh
I've always pronounced him as Montaje (or like "garage"). :v:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

that's seems a little too fancy, i usually just call him "THERES A loving SHIELD OVER HERE GUYS"

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

big french fucker

Qubee
May 31, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

https://translate.google.co.uk/#en/fr/Mountain

why is this a Hard thing, his name literally means mountain in English cause he's an immovable object, or daunting to look at, or big.

I pronounce it like a filthy British person tho Mon-Tan-Yuh, but I occasionally throw out a few "montages" for shits and giggles

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kdd60Cu0ck&t=146s

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Haha i was about the post the exact same thing. I love Pit.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Pit can make good videos but when he leans on the screeching autistic poo poo as a crutch, they're the vids I skip.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I say "Mon-tan-ye"

Hahaha the music :france:

Sounds like I was about right, just pronouncing it too hard wit my American accent. More like "mo-ta-ye" because the ns are so silent.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

I say "Mon-tan-ye"
Russian speaking players pronounce it similarly, "Mon-tan-yah".

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

If you're not putting the arrogant French accent and "au-hau-hau-hau" laugh on the end when you say Montagne you're saying it wrong.

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

gently caress i've been saying Mon Tain

I'm a fool

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Seriously though a lot of people call him Monty.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Yeah I call him Monty half the time for short.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

It reminds me of Halo 2 multiplayer and the Warthog, people almost never called it Warthog. Every time sombody would say "get in the truck" or "get in the jeep"

Or my favorite "who got the car blown up?"

At least with sombody like Tachanka, his namr is a literal translation :v:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

E-sports ready. :razz:

E: Jesus Christ this panel is terrible garbage.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 17:44 on May 21, 2017

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

bobua posted:

gently caress i've been saying Mon Tain

I'm a fool

It's spelled like champagne, I pronounce it like champagne. :colbert:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Great Beer posted:

It's spelled like champagne, I pronounce it like champagne. :colbert:

But do you know that you're pronouncing champagne right ?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Duggler posted:

But do you know that you're pronouncing champagne right ?
The g sound is like in "gif", right?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
montayne i can get into

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

CJ posted:

montayne i can get into

I have said this to people in game, and they don't laugh

one guy did give me a hat wobble though!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Okay so I'm watching the Operation Health panel from the ESL, there's a ton of tech talk that bascially boils down to "better servers, less errors, and now you can pick and edit loadouts and even buy ops when looking for a match".

And then for the very last minute they say that there will be small ballance changes, first one is a Glaz nerf - less damage (3 shots to kill instead of 2), more recoil, and, less directly, Ash and Thermite are gonna lose the smokes, and Jackal and Fuze are gonna get them. They didn't say it directly, but this might mean the gadgets are swapped - this would mean Ash and Thermite would get flashbangs.

The polish map is oficially canned, and this means we get 3 maps this year, but the map artists are working on actually optimizing ALL the maps in the game. This will absolutely never backfire or do the exact opposite I'm sure.

Here's a roadmap for Op Health:

Alpha Packs are just lootboxes. You get renown for poo poo you already had in store - in the video they rolled a common hat for Buck and it changed to 500 renown. The game will roll after every match to see if you get a lootbox - if you don't, your chance to get a lootbox next match increases. And you're gonna actually see your chance (in %) for your drop, which is nice.

On the 23rd they're gonna launch a website for Operation Health with all the details, and on the 24th the Operation Health actually starts, with the first patch and :siren: NEW SEASON AND RANK RESET :siren:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://streamable.com/jx21d

Sometimes this game is fun.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
99% of the people I come across place claymores like this, please stop.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Paradigmata posted:

Someone placed a claymore outside the window by the showers on Oregon last night. The laser was poking inside; is there a drone hole under that window or was it just a glitch? I was too busy to look.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Paradigmata posted:

what's the benefit over the placement on the right? Harder to spot?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Much harder to spot, and since you only need to break one laser for the claymore to go off there's no point in having the whole thing stick out really.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
It's incredibly satisfying getting kills with claymores, especially when they're set up in a spot no one expects. Like outside doors/windows where the defenders typically like to jump outside and get some spawn kills. Most recently, I placed one under the balcony window on Kafe; the one that leads to the staircase. Guy tried jumping out behind me and fell right into the claymore. Messaged me after with "touche."

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Nickname Pending posted:

It's incredibly satisfying getting kills with claymores, especially when they're set up in a spot no one expects. Like outside doors/windows where the defenders typically like to jump outside and get some spawn kills. Most recently, I placed one under the balcony window on Kafe; the one that leads to the staircase. Guy tried jumping out behind me and fell right into the claymore. Messaged me after with "touche."

I always put one there if we're playing balcony. They can't shoot it unless they get really lucky while jumping out. Put it on the side closer to the stairs and they're hosed either way.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

At least with sombody like Tachanka, his namr is a literal translation :v:

One of my very first games after release had two russians with open mics in our squad. It seems they didn't know about him because after a few seconds one of them went in the most thick russian voice you can imagine: 'Ho-ho-ho. Tachanka. Da.'
We're still quoting it to this day.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
Made me finally look up the meaning for Hibana and Glaz: spark and eye, respectively. Certainly fitting.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nickname Pending posted:

Made me finally look up the meaning for Hibana and Glaz: spark and eye, respectively. Certainly fitting.

Incase you wonder, Kapkan is trap (think bear trap), and Tachanka is mostly gibberish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tachanka is a horse-drawn cart with a mounted machinegun.

• Locked thread