Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Aah, gotcha. Well at least we know they're working on it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
INDIANAPOLIS (Sunday, May 21, 2017) - Verizon IndyCar Series driver Sebastien Bourdais underwent successful surgery Saturday night for pelvic injuries he sustained while attempting to qualify for the 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race.

The Dale Coyne Racing driver sustained multiple fractures to his pelvis and a fracture to his right hip in the incident Saturday.

"Surgery went well," INDYCAR Medical Director Dr. Geoffrey Billows said. "I've met with Sebastien this morning and he was doing even better than I expected."

Additional updates on Bourdais' condition will be released when available.    

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
https://twitter.com/16AndGeorgetown/status/866318853550333952
https://twitter.com/tracksideonline/status/866318336573005825

Former KV racing guy James Davison

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Who?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Davison

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Australian journeyman, finished 16th in 2014

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Sitting in turn 1 right now

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
I didn't get to watch qualifying at all yesterday, but I'm kind of glad for that because I don't know what I would have felt if I saw 2017 2018 Verizon IndyCar Series Champion Sebastian Bourdais go from rocket ship to Challenger disaster in a heartbeat. I'm glad he's OK. I guess they had Coyne on the stream early and he said Seb was already talking about wanting to get back into the car for Sonoma. That's prob not going to happen but if that's true then I don't think we've seen the last of him in an Indycar.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I think Penske played it too safe yesterday so now their only pole hope is Power.

And man, Graham's line out of two is hairy.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Have they announced the pace car driver yet?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

ugh.

Stefan should have had that ride.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

FuzzySkinner posted:

ugh.

Might have been a money issue. Stefan may have had his sponsors and whatnot but if Davison had more backing then you would understand if Coyne went with him.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
The Indycar youtube stream has removed the chat function because it was all penises & "GP2 COMMENT HUEHUEHUE XDDDDDD!!"

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Anyone who's an exclusive Formula 1 fan needs to be put in a labor camp where all they can do is watch A recording of the 2005 USGP for eternity.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

dentist toy box posted:

Anyone who's an exclusive Formula 1 fan needs to be put in a labor camp where all they can do is watch the worst Nascar races for eternity.

No, make them watch the 2005 US GP on loop forever.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

njsykora posted:

Lmao I edited my post to that before you posted because I thought it sounded better.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

dentist toy box posted:

Anyone who's an exclusive Formula 1 fan needs to be put in a labor camp where all they can do is watch A recording of the 2005 USGP for eternity.

"I like racing but ONLY this one specific kind of racing" is just such a bizarre attitude.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

FuzzySkinner posted:

ugh.

Honestly Coyne has wiped about $900K worth of equipment in the last few weeks, and lost the guy who he mortgaged the farm to get. I imagine that seat will be going to the highest bidder for a while.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

dsriggs posted:

The Indycar youtube stream has removed the chat function because it was all penises & "GP2 COMMENT HUEHUEHUE XDDDDDD!!"

It took them this long? It's been pure cancer all week

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I only really like this super specific speedy racecar!

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

dsriggs posted:

I kept seeing those comments on various YT videos of Alonso's run.

Like..I think the worst I've seen from worst thread was "These guys are f1 rejects, and the driving on an oval is crazy". The YT video comments are so bizarre:

"This is boring"
"These cars are so slow"
"This is like he's racing GP2"

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

dsriggs posted:

Actually it was starting to turn into penis and Swastika chat, so better that it got turned off.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

WindyMan posted:

Actually it was starting to turn into penis and Swastika chat, so better that it got turned off.

Were the swastikas made of penises?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Youtube comment stream, so... probably.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

FuzzySkinner posted:

I kept seeing those comments on various YT videos of Alonso's run.

Like..I think the worst I've seen from worst thread was "These guys are f1 rejects, and the driving on an oval is crazy". The YT video comments are so bizarre:

"This is boring"
"These cars are so slow"
"This is like he's racing GP2"

Any time spent worrying about YT comments is a waste of human time spent in this universe and all sentient beings in the galaxy are stupider for it, including this post.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Uncle Jam posted:

Any time spent worrying about YT comments is a waste of human time spent in this universe and all sentient beings in the galaxy are stupider for it, including this post.

found it cuz I scrolled down accisently from a feed of alonso video.

I kinda like the international feed better than the US feed. Anders did a helluva job on it, and you guys should check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25bKrVM3H4k&

e: Do you not like me or anything? You seem to always get offended at my posts. Maybe Relax? It's the interwebs. I'll be at the Speedway with friends if you wanna grab a beer

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 21, 2017

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Pole predictions? I'm gonna go with Ed at 231.3

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Also Ed, 230.9 231.9

wicka fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 21, 2017

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

RHR, 231.2

I'm loving dumb and forgot RHR didn't make the fast 9. Sato at the same speed.

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 21, 2017

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

njsykora posted:

I was there, and the silver lining of that shitfest was Monteiro getting a Road Warrior pop when he got on the podium and celebrated.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
:siren: Qualifications Underway :siren:

AxeBreaker
Jan 1, 2005
Who fucking cares?

Marking out for Sato at 232.05.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Oh God, they're now changing Alonso's engine.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Hell yeah INDYCAR doesn't need a script for drama

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Alonso's used to it. he'll be fine.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
where i can watch?

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Same, there no YT stream?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bt is playing yesterdays q and ABC is later i think?

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

dentist toy box posted:

Alonso's used to it. he'll be fine.

2018 F1 regs will allow engine changes during pit stops for the first time. McLaren-Honda sets a record for a 17 second engine change. "We got so used to doing it fast last season, it came so natural to us.," they said.

Despite this, Alonso will fail to start 11 races next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Dat wiggle from Pigot :stare:

• Locked thread