Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

They're doing Funaki's Indeed gimmick again, only with bleeping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Thoughts:
- If they're keeping Itami around, he should've won. there's no way he's gonna do anything relevant in NXT anymore. let him go or move him to the main roster to try to get *something* out of his three years with the company.

- I'm really sad about the #DIY breakup. Seems like the kind of storyline that shouldn't be "wasted" in NXT, as they've been the highlight of every Takeover show they're in. Still, I'm hopeful they can make it work.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???

Tweak posted:

I need Ciampa and Kevin Owens to form a friendship killers tag team

(they eventually turn on each other)

The twist is that they stay together and never raise a hand to each other into their 50s and through their hall of fame induction.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
AOP about to be exposed

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

KoldPT posted:

Thoughts:
- If they're keeping Itami around, he should've won. there's no way he's gonna do anything relevant in NXT anymore. let him go or move him to the main roster to try to get *something* out of his three years with the company.

- I'm really sad about the #DIY breakup. Seems like the kind of storyline that shouldn't be "wasted" in NXT, as they've been the highlight of every Takeover show they're in. Still, I'm hopeful they can make it work.

It's weird in that his big match against Roode was only alright, but honestly there has been nothing Roode has done above alright in the company aside from getting assigned a fantastic theme.

Apparretly WWE thought if he didn't perform well enough, he might be dropped. A shame if so, but he doesn't seem to have worked out how to click in WWE. I legitimately don't understand how Tyler Bate and Dunne were so over last night. I mean, they're good, but hot drat the crowd were going ballistic!

try the new taco place posted:

The twist is that they stay together and never raise a hand to each other into their 50s and through their hall of fame induction.

Kevin Owens would turn on him midway through the speech to deafening cheers. He would then continue the speech while standing on Gargano's limp body, barely able to be heard.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wazzu posted:

I legitimately don't understand how Tyler Bate and Dunne were so over last night. I mean, they're good, but hot drat the crowd were going ballistic!

They just told whomever was agent for their match "yeah we've got this" and nobody dared question it. It's one of the least-"WWE style" matches I've seen since the CWC, and all the better for it. It's one of the best matches in WWE in the last year and it's because it isn't produced to be like every other WWE match.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Whoever said Hideo and Almas should team was right. Hideo appearing in Almas's partying too hard vignettes all scowling and pissed off would be perfect. Itami breaking bad.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I can't believe Hideo Itami closely-lost one match against a guy with a more popular theme tune, and now is Always Bad and must leave the company like the unsalvageable sinking ship that he so clearly is. What a useless, hopeless jobber.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Itami working the CWC Brian Kendrick "cant go back" gimmick would be very good

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

harperdc posted:

They just told whomever was agent for their match "yeah we've got this" and nobody dared question it. It's one of the least-"WWE style" matches I've seen since the CWC, and all the better for it. It's one of the best matches in WWE in the last year and it's because it isn't produced to be like every other WWE match.

I mean there was a standing shooting star that got countered into a triangle lock. That poo poo ruled.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

harperdc posted:

The UK shows have been working this indie light style and it's been amazing. I fully expect them to get neutered before long.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Wazzu posted:

I legitimately don't understand how Tyler Bate and Dunne were so over last night. I mean, they're good, but hot drat the crowd were going ballistic!

I feel like the crowd was firmly behind Dunn too. The "bruiserweight" chants were LOUD.

It also helps to have two guys put on a good match, with a title on the line, and it not being immediately obvious who is going to win the match.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This makes me question the turn last night if true since the feud will lose a bunch of heat if he's off for too long.

Like, if they can't build it so there's a match at Brooklyn it's bad. I'm actually interested in watching weekly NXT again and it's almost entirely because I want to see what happens next between these two so if they aren't going to do anything then I'm just going to go back to reading spoilers.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

WWE is about Moments

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The only other context in which holding off on the turn would work in any sense, given Ciampa's injury, is if Johnny ended up being the next guy to challenge Roode, won the title, and held onto it until Ciampa came back to turn and challenge. But even that wouldn't work as well as this scenario did because you'd see the turn happening from a mile away and it would be a carbon copy of Sami / Owens. That's not even getting into how there are already guys currently better suited to the title chase than Johnny, and the unknown amount of time that Ciampa will be off the shelf.

The timing didn't work out. It's not the bookers' fault, it's just Ciampa's bad luck. Ideally they'd time it so that Johnny gets a title chance that Ciampa roundly screws him out of, but I don't see Johnny sticking in NXT for much longer. I think the two have enough chemistry to get a crowd onboard after the initial confusion of "who is this bald dude" but if they reignite the feud on another show it just won't hit as hard and if it's on 205 Live, no one will see it. This was the best case scenario for a storyline that circumstances kept from full bloom. They did a good job.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

It will depend on how long Ciampa is out and their planned taping schedule. Would they have two rounds of tapings between now and Summerslam?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Pinwiz11 posted:

It will depend on how long Ciampa is out and their planned taping schedule. Would they have two rounds of tapings between now and Summerslam?

at least two, if not three; I don't think they ever tape more than 4 weeks at a time

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Takeover was a good event and I'm happy that Pete Dunne won. He's a good lad.

My main takeaway from this event was that Gargano either got hit in the head for real or is an incredible seller.

http://i.imgur.com/ujOPTtb.gifv

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MrBling posted:

Takeover was a good event and I'm happy that Pete Dunne won. He's a good lad.

My main takeaway from this event was that Gargano either got hit in the head for real or is an incredible seller.

http://i.imgur.com/ujOPTtb.gifv

He got he straight in the loving mouth. The slo-mo replay from the other angle showed it and it was sick.

So happy for Dunne. I didn't know any of the U.K. dudes before the tournament but he quickly became my favorite. He's such a creepy little weirdo.

Also, they didn't tape a bunch of stupid NXT episodes at Takeover, did they? I hate when the next two or three episodes of NXT are bullshit nonsense because they were taped before Takeover. Really kills the post-Takeover shows.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Phenix Rising posted:

He got he straight in the loving mouth. The slo-mo replay from the other angle showed it and it was sick.

So happy for Dunne. I didn't know any of the U.K. dudes before the tournament but he quickly became my favorite. He's such a creepy little weirdo.

Also, they didn't tape a bunch of stupid NXT episodes at Takeover, did they? I hate when the next two or three episodes of NXT are bullshit nonsense because they were taped before Takeover. Really kills the post-Takeover shows.

i don't know what kind of bullshit eps you're referring to, we get Velveteen Dream!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I expect just next week will be from this Takeover.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

spongeh posted:

i don't know what kind of bullshit eps you're referring to, we get Velveteen Dream!

I can't wait to see Patrick Clark do the same exact gimmick except this time with vignettes!

And usually at least one of the post-Takeover episodes is just a throwaway episode with no storyline advancement because it was taped before the live show. They've almost always felt missable.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

eh, most of the pre-TakeOver tapings include some storyline progression, but they're thin because it's 3 matches stretched across 50 minutes. This week we get a debut, Allister Black murdering someone, and Drew McIntyre vs Wesley Blake, as well as probably a bunch of post-match fallout videos (most of which were on Twitter/etc already, but are still good little character moments).

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I think the story will be that Johnny will fight and claw his way to a title match months from now and just as it looks like he's going to win, Ciampa will return and screw him out of the belt.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
I think Ciampa will be "suspended" for the length of his injury + recovery due to his vicious attack.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

This could also be a reason to officially welcome Candace into NXT. Support Johnny, confront Ciampa, etc.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:smith:

https://twitter.com/CandiceLeRae/status/866361676903350273

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

"How dare you hurt Johnny Tommaso! I am so pissed I'm going to go join the women's tournament!"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bless twitter kayfabe

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

"How dare you hurt Johnny Tommaso! I am so pissed I'm going to go join the women's tournament!"
Is there a reason you find this to be an issue? Seems like a weird thing to point out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kayfaaaaaaaabe lives :hellyeah:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hmmmm.

What's with this salty discharge coming from my eyes?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

VJeff posted:

Hmmmm.

What's with this salty discharge coming from my eyes?

it's cum

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Is there a reason you find this to be an issue? Seems like a weird thing to point out.

No it was just a silly joke for fun

E: for some reason I can't stop thinking about this. What are you talking about? What's weird?

Beef Jerky Robot fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 22, 2017

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

After teaching my nephew how to play baseball this morning, I went to watch Takeover this afternoon. I fell asleep during the Roode/Itami match and woke up for the super collider in the ladder match. Was either match worth it to go back and watch (I did see the major spots of the main during the recap)?

I will say that I was about to turn off the stream when Tomasso attacked Johnny. I saw the logo in the corner and I honestly thought it was over so I give it up to them for surprising me.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

After teaching my nephew how to play baseball this morning, I went to watch Takeover this afternoon. I fell asleep during the Roode/Itami match and woke up for the super collider in the ladder match. Was either match worth it to go back and watch (I did see the major spots of the main during the recap)?

I will say that I was about to turn off the stream when Tomasso attacked Johnny. I saw the logo in the corner and I honestly thought it was over so I give it up to them for surprising me.

Itami/Roode is the best match either has had in NXT, and #DIY/AoP was loving INCREDIBLE. Both are very much worth watching

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'd be down with a Hideo heel turn. If his window has closed on being the face of the brand, then making him an upper-midcard gatekeeper is probably a better use of his time than slumming it on 205 Live.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

He doesn't have to turn heel but if he wants to get super frustrated and work it out on Hero that's cool with me

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/866511456677896192

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Is he still alive?

• Locked thread