Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
That's not Shaggy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Munchables posted:

Those samus cosplays are rad and shaggy looks like a methhead

Thanks for making me feel all of my 35 years in one sentence. That's Trent from Daria, from when MTV was relevant.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

tribbledirigible posted:

Thanks for making me feel all of my 35 years in one sentence. That's Trent from Daria, from when MTV was relevant.

Sorry haha, I saw Beavis and Butthead do America in the theater when I was 2.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tribbledirigible posted:

Oh cool, I thought that was supposed to be Daria but I had never watched the show so I had no idea.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
it's alright, all the characters look like McdonaldsLogo to me

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Oh right nes Samus had a zero suit too and it wasn't just her underwear like in snes

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The Guardian Legend:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Engineer (TF2)

Xayah (League of Legends)

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Oh right nes Samus had a zero suit too and it wasn't just her underwear like in snes

So we have Justin Bailey Samus and Zero Suit Samus.

Where's the cosplay for bikini Samus?

Jamesman has a new favorite as of 21:40 on May 20, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jamesman posted:

Where's the cosplay for bikini Samus?

It's only ever a brief GIS away

etc etc etc times a hundred

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's only ever a brief GIS away

etc etc etc times a hundred

I only see one that appears to be SNES Samus. The rest are just sexified Zero Suits, and that's boring.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

I prefer the orange zero suit.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I assumed everyone would have knew who Daria was. I must be getting old.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Say Nothing posted:

I assumed everyone would have knew who Daria was. I must be getting old.

It was late, I was tired. I had Shaggy on the mind from watching cartoons with the kids.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LingcodKilla posted:

It was late, I was tired. I had Shaggy on the mind from watching cartoons with the kids.

I looked on wikipedia and the show actually ran until 2002, so it's not as ancient as I thought. It can be difficult to find online though, due to the music they used being copyrighted.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Say Nothing posted:

I looked on wikipedia and the show actually ran until 2002, so it's not as ancient as I thought. It can be difficult to find online though, due to the music they used being copyrighted.

Right because MTV had a licensing deal where their shows could use any music that was in their music video rotation... that didn't transfer past broadcast because who ever heard of selling television shows on home video!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kwyndig posted:

Right because MTV had a licensing deal where their shows could use any music that was in their music video rotation... that didn't transfer past broadcast because who ever heard of selling television shows on home video!

That's not an old, or even uncommon, thing. From what I understand, licensing music is an utter bitch to handle in the US because of the RIAA being over-litigious assholes and even now you still see it affect stuff. Alan Wake actually got pulled from digital distribution a few days back because of its music.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Kwyndig posted:

Kinda odd someone has not proposed to them to try to get the rights to the music back to make some money off Daria. Pretty safe to assume the majority of those bands could use some cash.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

LingcodKilla posted:

Kinda odd someone has not proposed to them to try to get the rights to the music back to make some money off Daria. Pretty safe to assume the majority of those bands could use some cash.

Who knows, it's also why every time they bring back Beavis and Butthead it's the skits and not the parts where they just rip into lovely music videos. I know when The State got their collected for DVD they went back and replaced all the music tracks because it was easier and cheaper than figuring out royalties.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

LingcodKilla posted:

The money would probably not go to the bands. It's extremely likely that the record companies are asking for utterly onerous amounts of money.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LingcodKilla posted:

They'd likely have to license every song individually, with a shitload of songs across 66 episodes. That's expensive and time-consuming as all hell.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The money would probably not go to the bands. It's extremely likely that the record companies are asking for utterly onerous amounts of money.

As soon as companies realized that music licenses for video games and cartoons was worth money they cranked the cost up by a whooole lot.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's not an old, or even uncommon, thing. From what I understand, licensing music is an utter bitch to handle in the US because of the RIAA being over-litigious assholes and even now you still see it affect stuff. Alan Wake actually got pulled from digital distribution a few days back because of its music.

Hitman Contracts was also unavailable until recently because of one song, and a number of racing games have been pulled from digital stores probably for soundtrack issues.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Improbable Lobster posted:

As soon as companies realized that music licenses for video games and cartoons was worth money they cranked the cost up by a whooole lot.

The RIAA is really weird with how they'd if they can't get a lot of money, they'd rather get no money than a smaller amount of money.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kwyndig posted:

My Name is Earl suffered a lot from this. It had some of the best and most appropriate music for each episode, but then in syndication/DVD, they had to replace it with really cheap garbage music and it absolutely ruined some episodes.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Say Nothing posted:

It's easy to find on various streaming sites, and the DVD releases just replaced the incidental music for sound-alikes

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

duz posted:

The RIAA is really weird with how they'd if they can't get a lot of money, they'd rather get no money than a smaller amount of money.

I'm pretty sure the precursor to the RIAA complained about player pianos and even massprinted music sheets.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Jamesman posted:

My Name is Earl suffered a lot from this. It had some of the best and most appropriate music for each episode, but then in syndication/DVD, they had to replace it with really cheap garbage music and it absolutely ruined some episodes.

Same thing happened to WKRP for a long time. I think they finally released it with the music intact. House had to change it's opening theme when it got on netflix. And Quantum Leap had at least one episode where the music was important to the whole thing and it got replaced with generic poo poo.

PhazonLink posted:

I'm pretty sure the precursor to the RIAA complained about player pianos and even massprinted music sheets.

For a while in the early radio days if you wanted to play a recording of a band you had to pay the band to come in to the studio and sit there while you played it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

HOW ABOUT NOT

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AlmightyBob posted:

For a while in the early radio days if you wanted to play a recording of a band you had to pay the band to come in to the studio and sit there while you played it.

Part of the reason the BBC dumped their old tapes in the 50's/60's was because they believed the same thing should be done for TV shows; If people want to see it again, then they should get the actors back in to film it a second time.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

That has to be one of the skeeziest looking guys I have ever seen in my life.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Asajj Ventress

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Vinylshadow posted:

Asajj Ventress

Fester's Quest remake looking good

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Is that the worlds largest chi-chi with the smallest chi-chi on it?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

LingcodKilla posted:

Is that the worlds largest chi-chi with the smallest chi-chi on it?

Of course. No one ever photoshops their cosplay photos.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Of course. No one ever photoshops their cosplay photos.

Oh of course that would be disrespectful to the art.

Viewed first time around on a phone doh.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Mega Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That is a great costume, a good interpretation.