Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

I dunno why, but for some reason, I find Faye's obsession with Alm to be way creepier than Tharja's obsession with the Avatar in Awakening.

I think its because faye literally baths in the blood of alms foes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Agean90 posted:

Well Mathilda does the same for Clive and nobody calls her creepy!

Mathilda and Clive have some really good supports.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think the Ace Attorney like overworld navigation is pretty cool

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Well Mathilda does the same for Clive and nobody calls her creepy!

Mathilda and Clive have some really good supports.

mathilda is my favorite fe character now

1) insanely good gameplay wise
2) fun supports
3) older lady with hype baps

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Agean90 posted:

It might be that.

Like, so far, all I've seen from her support wise are her C support with Alm (where she cheerfully asks him to point her at his enemies so she can murder them for him), and her C and B supports with Silque, which boil down to, "Leave me alone, I don't want to be friends with you, all I care about is Alm."

Tharja, despite her own obsession, had other aspects to her character, and was actually a decent person behind her creepy grim dark mage facade.

I'm afraid one of these days Clair is going to wake up bound and gagged with Faye standing over her, knife in hand, ready for a long discussion about how she needs to stay away from Alm. :ohdear:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

mathilda is my favorite fe character now

1) insanely good gameplay wise
2) fun supports
3) older lady with hype baps

She has more than 1 support!?

Also she hasn't turned out insanely good for me. Pretty good and the high base res is real nice, but not fantastic.

W.T. Fits posted:

It might be that.

Like, so far, all I've seen from her support wise are her C support with Alm (where she cheerfully asks him to point her at his enemies so she can murder them for him), and her C and B supports with Silque, which boil down to, "Leave me alone, I don't want to be friends with you, all I care about is Alm."

Tharja, despite her own obsession, had other aspects to her character, and was actually a decent person behind her creepy grim dark mage facade.

I'm afraid one of these days Clair is going to wake up bound and gagged with Faye standing over her, knife in hand, ready for a long discussion about how she needs to stay away from Alm. :ohdear:

Faye's creepiness is because she's legitimately super polite and kind most of the time, and then she's also got that complete obsession on Alm. So I can't imagine she'd actually hurt anyone over him. Even in her Silque supports she basically tries to let her down gently about being friends.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'turnout?' give her the ridersbane and she onerounds 80% of chapter 3, who needs growths or defense

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

'turnout?' give her the ridersbane and she onerounds 80% of chapter 3, who needs growths or defense

I gave Ridersbane to Clair.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I gave my Ridersbane to Clive

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you are both failures

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I kept a save file before the battle at the end of chapter 1, because I failed to grab the Dracoshield because I don't have anybody who can do more than 1 damage to Desaix and didn't want to grind until I could. It seemed like it would really tedious to trap him and chip him down 1 point of damage while keeping Slayde alive. Will I have another shot at getting it later?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Most of my Act 3 Horses on one side Horses on another maps was Warping Ridersbane Lukas to a forest on one side and let him solo that while the rest of the group took on the rest.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
What are some good weapon evolutions to shoot for? I got Celica's Golen Zofia evolced already and now I have Alm and Celica's army with like 250 silver and 1 gold apiece at the beginning of chapter 4.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Endorph posted:

you are both failures

I gave mine to Forsythe :shobon:

He turned out better than Lukas somehow.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Part of having blessed units that's lost is that Forsycthe has almost as much defense as a Baron Lukas, but then when he promotes it's all for naught

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zore posted:

What are some good weapon evolutions to shoot for? I got Celica's Golen Zofia evolced already and now I have Alm and Celica's army with like 250 silver and 1 gold apiece at the beginning of chapter 4.

Turning the shadow sword into a second brave sword is nice. If you've made Atlas a cavalier, a javelin can be forged into a 2-3 range one that's great for him.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't touched the shadow sword because I'm afraid of what curse does.

What does curse do

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

What does curse do
luck -10

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Endorph posted:

Turning the shadow sword into a second brave sword is nice. If you've made Atlas a cavalier, a javelin can be forged into a 2-3 range one that's great for him.

Atlas actually has a Brave Sword already since it only cost 50 silver. He turned into a monstrous Dread Fighter, he has 7 more strength than anyone else in the army (tie between Mae, Celica and Methilda at 21) plus 21 speed and decent def+ the dread fighter's lol res.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

luck -10

Wow that's basically nothing.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

What does curse do

Sometimes when you attack it damages you instead. Its just a devil weapon by another name.

Like I used it to drag Jesse through his poo poo phase, but just spend 50 silver and you can make it into a Brave Sword (which is not a brave sword in the fire emblem sense, no double attacking. More like a killer sword)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zore posted:

Sometimes when you attack it damages you instead. Its just a devil weapon by another name.
oh i didnt even use it enough to notice that

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is gaining skills required just battles or specifically using it?

Also shields seem incredibly useless by chapter 3? Anyone that doesn't have a weapon has a ring that gives recovery for my team.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Is gaining skills required just battles or specifically using it?

Also shields seem incredibly useless by chapter 3? Anyone that doesn't have a weapon has a ring that gives recovery for my team.

I don't have enough rings for that.

Also they're fantastic for squishy mages like Sonya or Delethea since they have absurd speed anyways and a few points of def turns them into 3rkos and they can wade into combat.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

my villager promotions:

Gray to Mercenary
Tobin to Archer
Kliff to Cavalier
I'm torn on whether or not to make Faye a Cleric or a Peg Knight

this is definitely a game that's going to have a lot of replay value; lots of good jank

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Faye is cool but i realized that when i made her a pegasus knight i only perpetuated the pegasus knight with an unrequited love for the lord

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Make Faye a Cleric, you'll want someone capable of hitting Res.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

RME posted:

Faye is cool but i realized that when i made her a pegasus knight i only perpetuated the pegasus knight with an unrequited love for the lord

Well poo poo I guess peg Faye is canon now.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Terper posted:

Make Faye a Cleric, you'll want someone capable of hitting Res.

Faye vampirizing Alm's enemies while looking him dead in the eyes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

RME posted:

but Clair is already on the party?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Missed opportunity to make one of the pegs gay for Celica.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Carlosologist posted:

my villager promotions:

Gray to Mercenary
Tobin to Archer
Kliff to Cavalier
I'm torn on whether or not to make Faye a Cleric or a Peg Knight

this is definitely a game that's going to have a lot of replay value; lots of good jank

I made her a peg knight because I like peg knights, but I'm starting to wish I'd made her a cleric instead. Alm doesn't get a lot of mages and more healing is drat handy.

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!
Jesus, Atlas smashes poo poo to pieces if you make him a merc. He's already outspeeding and outdamaging my Myrms.

Also, are wines and ales just sale fodder, or do they serve some kind of purpose? It doesn't look like I can drink them.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zore posted:

Like I used it to drag Jesse through his poo poo phase, but just spend 50 silver and you can make it into a Brave Sword (which is not a brave sword in the fire emblem sense, no double attacking. More like a killer sword)

Yeah I don't think I want to touch that, lol. So it's like forging a rusted weapon then?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Vernatio posted:

Jesus, Atlas smashes poo poo to pieces if you make him a merc. He's already outspeeding and outdamaging my Myrms.

Also, are wines and ales just sale fodder, or do they serve some kind of purpose? It doesn't look like I can drink them.

They give a lot of silver when you exchange them at the forge.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
you can offer the booze to Mila statues for a fatigue heal. Probably only worth keeping a couple around.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

marshmallow creep posted:

Missed opportunity to make one of the pegs gay for Celica.

Would it be Catria again?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
So is there a way to nullify the Dracoshield boosts, I have all of 2 units who can do more then 1 damage to Jedah, and it's not enough to actually kill him on the 8th attack

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is there anywhere to forge weapons in Chap 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is there anywhere to forge weapons in Chap 1?

No. The villages with blacksmiths open in chapter 3.

• Locked thread