Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Yo momma's chap battered pussy is processed food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Yestermoment posted:

Yo momma's chap battered pussy is processed food.

Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Spanish Manlove posted:

Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys.

cheese too :mrgw:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

That's not kosher.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
As a Marylander, I feel I should mention crab

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That's not kosher.

Well, if the meat or milk isn't kosher, at least it's not *extra prohibited.* (The specific prohibition against cooking, benefiting from, or eating meat and milk together only applies to kosher meat and kosher milk.)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

WrenP-Complete posted:

Well, if the meat or milk isn't kosher, at least it's not *extra prohibited.* (The specific prohibition against cooking, benefiting from, or eating meat and milk together only applies to kosher meat and kosher milk.)

Rabbi, I have a question: when I store bacon, is it okay for me to store it with the rest of the kosher meat, or should I use a different shelf in the fridge?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Rabbi, I have a question: when I store bacon, is it okay for me to store it with the rest of the kosher meat, or should I use a different shelf in the fridge?

Your fridge is cold, right? And the foods are in separate containers?

As long as there's no touching + heat, there's no way for the טעם of the bacon to transfer to the rest of the kosher meat.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Troposphere posted:

encouraged people to assassinate the president

a lot

You don't have to permaban for that, just give a reasonable list of restrictions

quote:

Avshalom will not be able to publicly display, physically or on the internet, any memorabilia, writings, paintings, photographs, artwork, or music created by her without approval from her doctors.
Participation in “individual music therapy sessions” at least once a month and in “structured activities in the Williamsburg area,” including volunteer work is required.
Avshalom or her family members will not be allowed to have any contact with the media and she cannot communicate with anyone about her offense via mail, phone or any electronic communication.
She can only reside with her mother in Williamsburg for at least the first year of her release. After one year, she may reside on her own or with roommates within 30 miles of Williamsburg.
She must carry a GPS enabled phone and can only drive within 30 miles of Williamsburg in a pre-approved vehicle.
There will be no contact allowed with Jodie Foster, Reagan family members, James Brady family members, Thomas Delahanty and family members, Timothy McCarthy and family members, Jeanette Wick and family members.
No posting is allowed in any areas where current or former Presidents, VP’s, Congress members, Executive Branch senior members, or Secret Service protectees reside.
Avshalom cannot have any drugs, alcohol, illegal substances, or weapons and must keep a daily log of her activities.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

WrenP-Complete posted:

As long as there's no touching + heat, there's no way for the טעם of the bacon to transfer to the rest of the kosher meat.

I'm legit curious what טעם is.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Who What Now posted:

"ta'am," meaning "taste"

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Literally "taste" but in Jewish legal terms I'm talking about some sort of property that would be transferred from one food to another, or from food to vessel/tool, or vessel/tool to food.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
"Cooties"

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Tunicate posted:

You don't have to permaban for that, just give a reasonable list of restrictions

After lf did the same thing and got lowtax served a subpoena he's understandably gun shy.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

WrenP-Complete posted:

The real answer is "throw that bacon out and להכשיר כלים ומטבח" :ssh:

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

google translating this led me to find out that english has a word "kasher" which means "to make kosher." huh

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i bet when the SS showed up to speak to lowtax he had a sinking feeling of "oh yeah, i have a forum"

also jesus why do you all care so much about what internet strangers eat? are they using your tongue?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Don't let the bacon 縢れ(taint) spoil your fridge

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The problem is that the food is being processed by someone else who is adding an ingredient they're allergic to. What's hard to understand?

people have been acting hysterical against "PROCESSED FOODS" for a while and not a single one of them knows what it even means

but anyway, speaking of the jewish customs, iirc some jews wouldn't use all kinds lifts or lamps, what was the deal with that?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i bet when the SS showed up to speak to lowtax he had a sinking feeling of "oh yeah, i have a forum"

also jesus why do you all care so much about what internet strangers eat? are they using your tongue?

It's required of a goon to have strong food opinions

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hogge Wild posted:

people have been acting hysterical against "PROCESSED FOODS" for a while and not a single one of them knows what it even means

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

i wonder if younger cops or agents even know what forums are

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hogge Wild posted:

This isn't the situation, though. Read a forums, please.

quote:

but anyway, speaking of the jewish customs, iirc some jews wouldn't use all kinds lifts or lamps, what was the deal with that?

Orthodox Jews consider operating an electrical switch as akin to lighting a fire, which is forbidden on the Sabbath and other holidays. This includes pressing buttons on an elevator.

The solution to the problem of an Orthodox Jew living up twenty flights of stairs and unable or unwilling to climb up and down on the Sabbath is to have a Sabbath Elevator: at least one elevator will just go down and up, stopping at each floor, so one can just hitch a ride without directly causing the process to start or stop.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Darn, I was trying to match the answer to the question! Good thing I didn't finish rab school.

I was trying to step up my Jewish posting now that Avshalom is gone. :rip:

WrenP-Complete has a new favorite as of 00:15 on May 22, 2017

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

haha

no joke, that triggers me too, because i used to have snakes as pets and i have read a lot about them

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

On second thought, maybe your question implies kosher turkey bacon because it says "rest of the kosher meat." :jewish:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
what's the difference between halal and kosher?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hogge Wild posted:

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Halal_vs_Kosher

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hogge Wild posted:

Like $2.25/lb.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Hogge Wild posted:

Any which way, I couldn't help but see the bacon hummus I saw in a store once as being oddly, passive-aggressively blasphemous

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

i just learned that muslims can't eat dick

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Hogge Wild posted:

i wonder if younger cops or agents even know what forums are

they probably do because if they're very young there's a good chance they've met a moderator

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

they probably do because if they're very young there's a good chance they've met a moderator

ahahaha

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

WrenP-Complete posted:

On second thought, maybe your question implies kosher turkey bacon because it says "rest of the kosher meat." :jewish:

Probably should have phrased it as "the rest of the, kosher, meat".

Anyway, a good Rabbi would blanch at the mention of טרפה long before he processed any other detail.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Sikhs (and meat eating Hindus) eat Jhatka meat, which is from animals who are slaughtered by instantaneous decapitation. Sikhs do not believe that ritual improves meat, so their tradition demands more humane slaughter than the Shechita(Kosher) or Dhabihah(Halal) ritual slaughtering practices.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Snak posted:

Sikhs (and meat eating Hindus) eat Jhatka meat, which is from animals who are slaughtered by instantaneous decapitation. Sikhs do not believe that ritual improves meat, so their tradition demands more humane slaughter than the Shechita(Kosher) or Dhabihah(Halal) ritual slaughtering practices.

Huh. My stepfather is Sikh and his community is vegetarian. Interesting!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I'm not Sikh, I just learned about it while studying religious and cultural dietary restrictions. I though it was interesting that while most people in the west are aware of Kosher and Halal, there is another giant category of certified preparation that most people have never heard of.

Many Sikhs are vegetarian, and the Sikh tradition of Langar, where a meals are prepared and served for everyone who wants to come, serves only vegetarian food, because people from all faiths are welcome. Since Hindus, Muslims, Jains, Jews, Buddhists etc may all have different dietary restrictions, they just serve vegetarian food and that gets rid of most of the conflicts.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Snak posted:

Yeah, I'm not Sikh, I just learned about it while studying religious and cultural dietary restrictions. I though it was interesting that while most people in the west are aware of Kosher and Halal, there is another giant category of certified preparation that most people have never heard of.

Many Sikhs are vegetarian, and the Sikh tradition of Langar, where a meals are prepared and served for everyone who wants to come, serves only vegetarian food, because people from all faiths are welcome. Since Hindus, Muslims, Jains, Jews, Buddhists etc may all have different dietary restrictions, they just serve vegetarian food and that gets rid of most of the conflicts.

all people except shy nudist girl

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Speaking of dietary restrictions, beavers and capyberas are considered to be fish by the Catholic Church, allowing them to be eaten during Lent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Snak posted:

Sikhs fuckin own