Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Edit: NM, apparently my little anecdote which I thought to be a harmless musing on PUBG rubbed people the wrong way.

Sorry if it came off harsh! Keep on looting and killing bud. I love the harmless musings in this thread, everyone's playstyles are different. Next time you'll be the one with the big guns

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Christ, finally. It was nice to get 3 kills in the top 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQuAa7zAF44

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

jubjub64 posted:

So right before my first solo win I went to this site:
http://www.144hzmonitors.com/games/best-settings-for-pubg-playerunknowns-battlegrounds/
And did all the things it said to do to improve my game except the ini stuff. My game was noticeably smoother and I really think that contributed to my win.

Verifying that following this has way upped my framerate despite having a 5-year old machine to the point that i can actually click heads

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011
Sacriel the streamer is currently talking about a new multiplayer survival game he is working on called Breaking Point. I never played H1Z1 or Day Z so I don't know what to think about it.
https://www.twitch.tv/sacriel
http://playbreakingpoint.com/

I think it may lean more towards the berry harvesting side of things though.

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011

Rex-Goliath posted:

Verifying that following this has way upped my framerate despite having a 5-year old machine to the point that i can actually click heads

Yeah I didn't say but I run a 1st gen i7 875k and a 970 with 16GB ram. This made me feel like I could actually headshot people with confidence.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This game may have it's host of problems (which is forgiven while in EA) but the minute between landing and getting your first gun while surrounded but others doing the same is so. loving. Good.

It's those quarter seconds that you know you wasted and there's nothing you can do about it. I don't feel this level of engagement with other shooters.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Honestly the only glaring problems it has are performance related, as far as gameplay goes it's already pretty solid IMO. The map could use some tweaks here and there, and I'm sure some new game modes and stuff to keep it fresh will come later.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
My favorite part of this game is when the circle starts getting small but there are still 40+ people alive and you know poo poo is inevitably going to start popping off in a big way.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
One of the most uncomfortable times is 11 people left and you're laying prone outside the white circle with only a few seconds until you need to make moves

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

PantsBandit posted:

My favorite part of this game is when the circle starts getting small but there are still 40+ people alive and you know poo poo is inevitably going to start popping off in a big way.

:yeah:

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

PantsBandit posted:

Or 20+ immediately die outside the circle from poor time management.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

jubjub64 posted:

Sacriel the streamer is currently talking about a new multiplayer survival game he is working on called Breaking Point. I never played H1Z1 or Day Z so I don't know what to think about it.

Yeah it looks like a much slower paced game (with zombies, bleh) The thing I like about PUBG is that you can set aside half an hour and know you'll have time for a game, and the time between spawning in and actually getting some decent equipment is usually only a couple of minutes.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
I feel like I'm the guy who turned down the Beatles sometimes.
'Naw Zombie games are on their way out, its been a good 4 year run' - me like 2006 probably

I just don't get it at all.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Got another chicken dinner when the pump shotgun which is notoriously lovely allowed me to shoot the last guy mid-reload. I honestly thought I'd lost and had to look at the screen for a minute to figure it out.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
If zombies were in PUBG I would not play PUBG.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

You can shoot while reloading with the pump shotty

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Uncle Jam posted:

I feel like I'm the guy who turned down the Beatles sometimes.
'Naw Zombie games are on their way out, its been a good 4 year run' - me like 2006 probably

I just don't get it at all.

I'm really glad this game has nothing to do with zombies or I'd never have touched it.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

My only performance complaint right now is that I'm one of the ones suffering from the marshmallow textures bug. My only gameplay complaint is that I wish vehicles were a little more common. The buggy is a lot of fun to drive and running over people and ramming people is good times.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Zombies are boring 95% of the time and dumping everyone out of the plane with no gear and starting a timer solves the problem the zombies attempt to address in the early moments of survival games very neatly.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

You can shoot while reloading with the pump shotty

The revolver too.

The Machine posted:

If zombies were in PUBG I would not play PUBG.

:yeah:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Kibbles n Shits posted:

I have the worst luck with loot. I dropped into a small area with 3-4 houses with one other dude, and the house I chose first had an uzi with a few boxes of 9mm and nothing else but clothes. A minute or two later I hear the other dude approaching so I hide in a corner and spray him in the face. He's got a SCAR, AKM, a medkit, and a shitton of ammo, and armor. So unless I get absurdly lucky it's almost always better to just grab whatever gun you can and go take some other dude's poo poo.

I feel you dude. I played for 2 hours yesterday and 3 games I dropped into a medium or high loot chance zone and once only found pistols, foregrips, & vests no major guns or med items. Once I got a KAR with only 15 bullets and zero scopes or other attachments, and once I did get an M416 but only with 30 bullets. I was like wut. This is after exploring like multiple 3 level giant houses and poo poo.

Sometimes the loot just sucks. Killing players is definitely the best way to gear up, but then sometimes you can't even find any of them :psyduck: Or the worst is when you do find them but they are all the way out of the circle or some poo poo so you cant even loot them. Ahh!!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I guarantee this game will get a zombies mod on release.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Skoll posted:

I guarantee this game will get a zombies mod on release.

It's not really a surprise that any game with mod support will be aggressively and relentlessly made worse by mods.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Badfinger posted:

Zombies are boring 95% of the time and dumping everyone out of the plane with no gear and starting a timer solves the problem the zombies attempt to address in the early moments of survival games very neatly.

That and pretty much all "hardcore" zombie sims means that every death is at least an hour of busy work meeting up with your friends and gathering berries. Whereas even if I die with a full kit in pubg I lose at most ten to fifteen minutes.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

jubjub64 posted:

It almost certainly will. This was a mod for Arma III that basically aped DayZ, except with classes and what amounted to experience points. Pretty safe bet that it won't be anything we haven't seen before.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If I were to make a game like this there's one major change I'd make:

Instead of a circle that is suddenly placed down with a timer, I'd have it randomly choose an entire row or column to exclude. Of course it'd have to adjacent to a border.
I'd make the exclusion zone kill you but not instantaneously.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Liveblog: We were driving a car through a red zone and got nailed by artillery. I died but my two teammates were just knocked down. They have zero health and are knocked down but apparently still alive. We're waiting for the blue to take them over to see if they're immortal.

edit: Aww the blue killed them :saddowns:

JohnClark
Mar 24, 2005

Well that's less than ideal

Rex-Goliath posted:

Liveblog: We were driving a car through a red zone and got nailed by artillery. I died but my two teammates were just knocked down. They have zero health and are knocked down but apparently still alive. We're waiting for the blue to take them over to see if they're immortal.

edit: Aww the blue killed them :saddowns:

I've had the same thing happen, apparently it's a known bug that you can sometimes be downed in such a way that you won't tick to death, instead you have to wait to be shot or eliminated by the circle. What I really want to see is someone get a chicken dinner in that state.

LE
Oct 19, 2002

jubjub64 posted:

So right before my first solo win I went to this site:
http://www.144hzmonitors.com/games/best-settings-for-pubg-playerunknowns-battlegrounds/
And did all the things it said to do to improve my game except the ini stuff. My game was noticeably smoother and I really think that contributed to my win.

Legit good advice if you have an Nvidia card.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

LE posted:

Legit good advice if you have an Nvidia card.

it really smoothed out my experience, but it also did that weird lighting thing that makes all the interiors ultra bright which feels a bit like cheating.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Chard posted:

EDIT: to find this later:

Thanks for this

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Doorknob Slobber posted:

it really smoothed out my experience, but it also did that weird lighting thing that makes all the interiors ultra bright which feels a bit like cheating.

It's not cheating if everyone is doing it

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
won #13 out of 230 squad games, the most intense yet and I wasn't even alive

my squaddie was 1vs5, he killed two solos then was trapped in a two story with a balcony. they sent one guy up the stairs, but he dipped out onto the balcony and corner peeked. when the guy got up, he hopped down to the ground, full auto'd his two squad mates and then shot the stair guy when he came back out

we were like, "wtf kind of ninja are you"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Servers down?

E: Hmm, I left my team and it says back up. Weird.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I'm starting to wish there was a way to trade in clothing for a pioneer crate. I opened 6 crates 3 of them were red shirts, and 2 were white baseball caps.

I just want to play dress up with my murder princess without looking like a bullseye.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

girth brooks part 2 posted:

I'm starting to wish there was a way to trade in clothing for a pioneer crate. I opened 6 crates 3 of them were red shirts, and 2 were white baseball caps.

I just want to play dress up with my murder princess without looking like a bullseye.

You can trade your clothing for points but the value is like 50 per so there's zero point.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
plus most of the decent clothes cost at the most, dozens of cents

sell that poo poo on the market, convert it to gear you want

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

VikingSkull posted:

plus most of the decent clothes cost at the most, dozens of cents

sell that poo poo on the market, convert it to gear you want

Oh duh. I actually have a giant back log of stuff to put on the market, so thanks for reminding me.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Man I love coming within inches of getting a solo chicken dinner only for the game to lag the gently caress out at a crucial moment

early access :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHXr23vW7Fs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Good soup! posted:

Man I love coming within inches of getting a solo chicken dinner only for the game to completely lag the gently caress out at a crucial moment

early access :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHXr23vW7Fs

Have I considered your poo poo internet connection or do you prefer to pin all of your problems on someone else

• Locked thread