Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya actually went on Twitter yesterday talking about games like Okami 2, Viewtiful Joe 3, and so on. It's all in Japanese but Twitter's auto-translate seems to say that they would like to do games like that but they don't have the rights to create those themselves and if you want them you should talk to who has them. Oh and don't ever expect a Wonderful 102.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
When are they gonna announce Switch Fit?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Actually it's good that Overwatch is not on the switch because Overwatch is bad.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Policenaut posted:

Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya actually went on Twitter yesterday talking about games like Okami 2, Viewtiful Joe 3, and so on. It's all in Japanese but Twitter's auto-translate seems to say that they would like to do games like that but they don't have the rights to create those themselves and if you want them you should talk to who has them. Oh and don't ever expect a Wonderful 102.

That's a shame. Wonderful 101 is a fantastic game and I feel privileged that I had the opportunity to play it when so few other people did.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Policenaut posted:

Oh and don't ever expect a Wonderful 102.

He's not the boss of me.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
The ending of Master Blaster kicked me right in the feels, so I'm trying to get 100%. I can't figure out how to get into this top right room in area 3. Any tips?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Stan Taylor posted:

Actually it's good that Overwatch is not on the switch because Overwatch is bad.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

FiestaDePantalones posted:

The ending of Master Blaster kicked me right in the feels, so I'm trying to get 100%. I can't figure out how to get into this top right room in area 3. Any tips?

It's the dumbest solution ever. You can crawl through on foot

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Does Okamiden not count as Okami 2 or something

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Policenaut posted:

I still dream for an E3 where Nintendo just announces TW102, they get panned, every news outlet calls it the worst business mistake of the year and i'm finally happy.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I still dream for an E3 where Nintendo just announces TW102, they get panned, every news outlet calls it the worst business mistake of the year and i'm finally happy.

It can't be this year.
Pepsi and United have already fought for that crown.
Nintendo would have to give away switches for free for them to even compete with terrible business mistakes.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Fly with me posted:

It can't be this year.
Pepsi and United have already fought for that crown.
Nintendo would have to give away switches for free for them to even compete with terrible business mistakes.

What did Pepsi do?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

What did Pepsi do?

Made the Kardashian stops police brutality with a Pepsi commercial.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

bef posted:

Uhh, In switch related news add me : 2192-6791-8130

Sent.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

El Burbo posted:

Does Okamiden not count as Okami 2 or something

Okamiden was made solely to sell plushes of pupper Amaterasu. The people behind it literally did not care about the franchise they were dealing with at all so I don't count it personally.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I was gonna ask if Disgaea 5 demo save file would transfer to the main game, but there's not much you can even do in it.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Real recognize real

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Dizz posted:

I was gonna ask if Disgaea 5 demo save file would transfer to the main game, but there's not much you can even do in it.

I was pretty quick to look it up and see that it didn't, but it's not like I expected to play much. I fired it up, said, "Yep, this is Disgaea alright," saw that it wasn't garbo in handheld mode, and preordered my copy.

I look forward to tasting it.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Paying for a Switch port would probably be a safe bet. If it did much better, then an argument could be made for 2.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

spit on my clit posted:

the hell is nutella

Guys what the gently caress is this? I'm sorry. I'm a few pages behind but I cannot proceed with the switch discussion until this gets resolved. Go out and buy some loving Nutella from any store. If you are in Europe you get the made in Italy Nutella which is the best one. If you are in North America the made in Italy version is a lot harder to come by but I highly recommend finding and paying extra for it. If that is too much work the American Nutella is also loving amazing just less loving amazing than it's Dego WOP brother.

Edit: the Guinea version comes in a glass Jar. The Freedom version comes in plastic one.

EpicNemesis fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 22, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

EpicNemesis posted:

Guys what the gently caress is this? I'm sorry. I'm a few pages behind but I cannot proceed with the switch discussion until this gets resolved. Go out and buy some loving Nutella from any store. If you are in Europe you get the made in Italy Nutella which is the best one. If you are in North America the made in Italy version is a lot harder to come by but I highly recommend finding and paying extra for it. If that is too much work the American Nutella is also loving amazing just less loving amazing than it's Dego WOP brother.

Sir this is a video game console discussion thread.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

A Switch is a sandwich

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I know and I apologize, and any other spread and I would let it go. But I cannot in good conscious continue to discuss something as trivial as Joycons when there is a person in this world who has not tried Nutella.

I suggest you put Nutella on a waffle to start but you will soon see that it enhances many a food.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
*slides into thread Kramerishly* Were you guys talking about oily sugar paste?!

Pijeus
Feb 24, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Just got notification that my switch will be here on tuesday...I'm definitely getting Zelda and Disgaea 5, but waffling on Mario Kart and Puyo Puyo. In terms of digital I want Shovel Knight, and maybe Kamiko, any recommendations for digital only stuff? Didn't think I'd get hold of one so quickly and I can't make my mind up!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Can anyone recommend Nutella as a screen protector?

Pijeus
Feb 24, 2007
Grimey Drawer

EpicNemesis posted:

I know and I apologize, and any other spread and I would let it go. But I cannot in good conscious continue to discuss something as trivial as Joycons when there is a person in this world who has not tried Nutella.

I suggest you put Nutella on a waffle to start but you will soon see that it enhances many a food.

Eat it from the jar with a spoon you heathens

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Pijeus posted:

Just got notification that my switch will be here on tuesday...I'm definitely getting Zelda and Disgaea 5, but waffling on Mario Kart and Puyo Puyo. In terms of digital I want Shovel Knight, and maybe Kamiko, any recommendations for digital only stuff? Didn't think I'd get hold of one so quickly and I can't make my mind up!

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the best Mario Kart and extremely good. I'd try to sell you on Fast RMX as well but honestly if you get one racing game on the Switch make it MK8D.

Consider Snipperclips if you've got a friend who likes puzzles, it's a great experience in co-op.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dizz posted:

In the ps4 version people would get their characters up to level 500 cuz this is Disgaea, son

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I rubbed some Nutella on my Joycon and it fixed my desync issues.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Zelder posted:

In the ps4 version people would get their characters up to level 500 cuz this is Disgaea, son

Is there something wrong with that? :getin:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

It's 2017 and I can play Garou Mark of the Wolves flawlessly on the bestselling Nintendo handheld portable, what a world we live in

realtalk though it controls better than I thought, wish Guilty Gear Xrd would get dropped on this. Wasn't ArcSys on that big "DEVELOPERS WHO ARE DOING A THING WITH US" poster?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
I put Nutella on my Mario kart 8: deluxe and now it's the basic version.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Papes posted:

I put Nutella on my Mario kart 8: deluxe and now it's the basic version.

still delicious tho

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

SeANMcBAY posted:

Seriously. I'm going to be disappointed if Animal Crossing Switch does the tired old rolling camera yet again.
https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/866459530770698240

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

10/10 would buy.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The mech gives peoples flowers because it's animal crossing and everything is nice.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
The only way falling down a hole in TumbleSeed could be more punishing would be if the developers jumped out of the screen and started kicking you when it happens. Not only does it strip all your thorns, you take additional damage if you fall more than X screen lengths? I understand as a ham-handed rube I'm supposed to be planting flag seeds every so often, but 1 heart is already a significant penalty.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Animal Crossing in a big city sounds bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Animal Crossing Chronicles X.

• Locked thread