Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

And it should have Cell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Manatee Cannon posted:

roshi's gonna fight ribrianne isn't he

The opening shows her fighting with Vegeta.

Episode was ok, I like U9 being so poo poo that they can't even recruit 10 fighters. Serves the kai right for being such a dick.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Cease to Hope posted:

stop saying toriyama is loving with toyotaro and say toei is doing it, problem solved (by which i mean sassassin will stop complaining about that specific thing)

Yes, if people don't make mistakes, no one will correct those mistakes. Amazing insight into the posting game.

Dias posted:

I'm a bit curious to see how the manga is gonna approach this current arc, since so far it's been "all these guys - except Tien lol - can punch above their weight in this ruleset".

I doubt any of the last 5 or 6 filler episodes will make it into that version.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

You know the 17/Alien poachers ep will be in. But 17 will really get blown up and replaced with Bojack. Then the manga will be all about Bojack.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

seiferguy posted:

The opening shows her fighting with Vegeta.

Episode was ok, I like U9 being so poo poo that they can't even recruit 10 fighters. Serves the kai right for being such a dick.

I feel bad for the Angel, because he's been watching his hakaishin and kaioshin loving up for, presumably, thousands of years, and he sees that even now they don't really get how they pooched it. He gets to live though, so this too shall pass I suppose.

Am I remembering the numbering wrong, or are Pride Trooper Sentai universe and Magical Girl Idol universe a pair like U6 & U7? That'd be pretty on point.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Yeah the Pride Troopers are U11 and magical girl/teletubbie is U2, which equals 13 so it's a pair.

Kind of makes me wonder what U4 is like, given that U9 is such a shithole.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

IncendiaC posted:

We haven't seen much of it yet, it's the one where the GoD is a yellow mouse.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

IncendiaC posted:

Yeah the Pride Troopers are U11 and magical girl/teletubbie is U2, which equals 13 so it's a pair.

I mean, Roh and Sidra are a special kind of gently caress up. They are exceptionally good and being complete and utter trash at guiding their Universe. Sidra got upset at a bunch of terrible people and his response was to hakai the city and EVERYONE in it, including those people's victims.

Given that it's in 9th place and U6, which it's above, doesn't look like too terrible a place to live, it's probably pretty nice.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Adder Moray posted:

I mean, Roh and Sidra are a special kind of gently caress up. They are exceptionally good and being complete and utter trash at guiding their Universe. Sidra got upset at a bunch of terrible people and his response was to hakai the city and EVERYONE in it, including those people's victims.

The entire city was rioting because they knew the end of the universe was coming. He could not let that information get out or the rest of the universe would end up the same

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
How does that information even get out, are the Trio just that loving stupid to mention it?

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Rutibex posted:

The entire city was rioting because they knew the end of the universe was coming. He could not let that information get out or the rest of the universe would end up the same

Backspace their ships if you have to. Word doesn't leave the planet. Also? Who cares. Your universe is poo poo any way. Panicked rioting isn't going to make it worse.

Justin_Brett posted:

How does that information even get out, are the Trio just that loving stupid to mention it?

Basically it was a "And this is why Gohan tells Goku to keep that poo poo to himself."

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Adder Moray posted:

Backspace their ships if you have to. Word doesn't leave the planet.

Its not like they have a lot of time on their hands to deal with this.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Its not like they have a lot of time on their hands to deal with this.

Then how does the rioting spread? I'm pretty sure they can planet hop faster than anyone could fly to another planet.

On an unrelated note:

Am I the only one who that Gowasu scene made feel sad?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
So Frieza apparently will be recruited in 93. My guess is that the tournament will begin in 100 because Milestone Numbers Are Dramatic. So I am curious to see what they will do for those 7 episodes of 4 in universe hours.

Also, can we start a prediction poll or something on which will the elimination order of U7 be?

My guess is: Roshi->Tien->17->Krillin->18->Frieza->Piccolo->Gohan->Vegeta->Goku

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Adder Moray posted:

No I agree, people that stream or KamiTube fulltime might have a nice income (supplemented with Popotreon) but it does isolate them from humanity :argh: ningen :argh:.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Adder Moray posted:

Then how does the rioting spread? I'm pretty sure they can planet hop faster than anyone could fly to another planet.

Space radio

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

So Frieza apparently will be recruited in 93. My guess is that the tournament will begin in 100 because Milestone Numbers Are Dramatic. So I am curious to see what they will do for those 7 episodes of 4 in universe hours.

Also, can we start a prediction poll or something on which will the elimination order of U7 be?

My guess is: Roshi->Tien->17->Krillin->18->Frieza->Piccolo->Gohan->Vegeta->Goku

My hope: Tien => Roshi => 18 => Frieza => 17 => Goku

Team Namek wraps it all up, winning with four fighters still standing.

Rutibex posted:

Space radio

Then it's already spread. There is no scenario were not just killing, but removing from existence, a city full of scared, innocent people is reasonable. And once again, what harm is the rioting causing? Your universe is already poo poo. Once everyone's not dead they'll calm down.

Zedd posted:

No I agree, people that stream or KamiTube fulltime might have a nice income (supplemented with Popotreon) but it does isolate them from humanity :argh: ningen :argh:.

Something about that scene just made me feel really bad for Gowasu and his team. Don't know if it was intentional, just something felt melancholy and futile about it to me, despite being funny on the surface. Like, they're all going to worse than die, but before they do they get this one little moment of team unity and fun and Gowasu gets to make his last little video. Because what the gently caress else can they do?

This is what happens when you overthink scenes.

Adder Moray fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 22, 2017

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Adder Moray posted:

Like I said, the gods are running their universes into the ground and they don't even know it.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

My expectation is that either Piccolo will sacrifice himself for Gohan again or they'll flip it and Gohan will sacrifice himself for Piccolo. Also either 18 or Krillin will bow out early and the other will be given a power boost from it. Most likely Krillin is the survivor.

I also subscribe to the notion that Tien's going to have a strong showing since he didn't do too hot in the couple episodes he was in so far.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If Tien is the first to go out, then some one has a nasty grudge against him over at Toei

He's one of the most likely to go all the way, along with 18 and Gohan. Krillin is also super easy to see making it far, though he's had way more successful moments than either of those three.

Freeza is a wild card because who knows how he's going to be treated in the tournament- there's a very real chance that he saves the day himself in fact, if Universe 7 is the one to win at all. Him getting the wish would be the best narrative thing that could happen because of the poo poo he could pull.

Roshi is likely going to be KOed pretty goddamn fast by any of the Lady warriors, though he may stick it out longer due to being comic relief.

Goku is sure as gently caress not going to make it to the end. Despite what the manga would have you think, the anime has one defining feature- Goku never wins.

Vegeta could, but might get murked like Hit to make some other dude seem big and tough.

17 is also in danger of that.

Piccolo is basically going to be lucky not to get killed.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Roshi is going to meet RiBrianne and/or Braly and realize that, all this time, he could have just had one giant woman instead of a bunch of smaller ones. Next slice of life is Roshi's "My Big Fat Multiversal Wedding" arc.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Adder Moray posted:

Then it's already spread. There is no scenario were not just killing, but removing from existence, a city full of scared, innocent people is reasonable. And once again, what harm is the rioting causing? Your universe is already poo poo. Once everyone's not dead they'll calm down.

It was pretty harsh to Hakai them and destroy their souls, could have just blown up the city. Something I noticed rewatching that scene, this line seems to indicate that Zenos Universe Buster Attack doesn't actually destroy the afterlife:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I can actually totally see Krilin getting offed early on, leading to 18 going on a reckless rampage of revenge, only for 17 to cool her down and then proceed to kick rear end together.

Frieza I can see him trying to pull some poo poo mid through the fight, either being partially succesful or getting immediately called for his bullshit and offed, or make it to really late in the game and pull something off.

Tien...he has been getting the short end of the stick during this recruitment episodes so it would make sense for him to get some moments of awesome, but the same can be said for most of the team not called Goku and Vegeta, and most of them have been hyped longer/have a bigger fanbase behind them. If someone has to go down early it's him or Roshi.

Roshi is a joke character so he could either get offed immediately or be the last man standing.

Picollo I do hope he doesn't sacrifice for Gohan again. A subversion of this would be cool, but I can also see Picollo being the target of Frieza's sheenanigans. Frieza just doesn't like Picollo for some reason.

Vegeta can either make it to the endgame or job immediately to set the stakes. He will job eventually, the question is how soon.

The biggest contenders for last man standing are of course Goku and Gohan. Personally I'd rather it not be Gohan cause he is an incredibly boring character.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Rutibex posted:

It was pretty harsh to Hakai them and destroy their souls, could have just blown up the city. Something I noticed rewatching that scene, this line seems to indicate that Zenos Universe Buster Attack doesn't actually destroy the afterlife:

Uuuh no? That line is indicating that the people are planning to leave the universe BEFORE Zeno busts it up.

At any rate, why would Bergamo out of all the characters know the innerworkins and limitations of Zeno's powers?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lezard_valeth posted:

Uuuh no? That line is indicating that the people are planning to leave the universe BEFORE Zeno busts it up.

The only universal travel available to guys with rocket launchers is travel to the afterlife. That means it makes sense to die before Zeno has the chance to erase you.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Burkion posted:

Him getting the wish would be the best narrative thing that could happen because of the poo poo he could pull.

Freeza's going to win... and wish for more time with his new friends. :3:

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Gowasu's GodTube fame becoming canon was my favourite part of the episode. Rock on you crazy Kaioshin.

Also liked that the show, via Oolong, pretty much directly acknowledged how hosed up Roshi has been lately.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rutibex posted:

The only universal travel available to guys with rocket launchers is travel to the afterlife. That means it makes sense to die before Zeno has the chance to erase you.

you are absolutely just making poo poo up

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Josuke Higashikata posted:

And it should have Cell.

cell fuses with goku, only to realize as gocekull that goku is the strongest and he'll never measure up

toyotaro ©2017 don't steal!!

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Rutibex posted:

Unquestionable level of logic

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Well, the gods live in the afterlife, and they're going to be erased, so normal people in the afterlife probably aren't safe either

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Isn't inter-universal travel supposed to be a really rare thing to have? During the U6 tournament Hit wanted the box-ship that could travel between universes as payment and Champa freaked out when he found out Vados OK'd the request.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Alternatively these are crazy people acting irrationally in the face of being wiped from existence.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
tien sucks so bad. i hope he dies and zeno just doesn't care

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Frieza is going to win and get the wish. They'll leave the episode on a cliff hanger with him about to give the wish, then next week's episode will be Raditz landing on Earth.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Tien will drop first because he is bald Yamcha

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Frieza is going to win and get the wish. They'll leave the episode on a cliff hanger with him about to give the wish, then next week's episode will be Raditz landing on Earth.

No, the next episode will be the start of GT.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

MasterSlowPoke posted:

He'll wish to be the most power being in existence and will be wish loop-holed into being transported to Future Trunks's destroyed timeline

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
re: Master Roshi - http://comicbook.com/2017/04/27/dragon-ball-super-producer-universe-7-master-roshi/

Sakurada, one of the producers said this of why he's on U7's team.

quote:

Continuing, the producer admitted that Roshi was not able to keep up with the power inflation of Dragon Ball. However, fans will still be able to enjoy Roshi’s fights as much as they will like seeing Gohan get back in fighting shape. Sakurada stressed it was Akira Toriyama’s idea to bring Roshi back in the fold, and the producer said the Tournament of Power will have various ‘activity centers’ on the battlefield which will suit some fighters more than others.

Spoilered a potential interesting thing. Curious to see how it works.

Also, where did the Gowasu godtube meme come from? I don't recall any of that during the Goku Black arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

quote:

However, fans will still be able to enjoy Roshi’s fights as much as they will like seeing Gohan get back in fighting shape.

Which is to say, not at all?

• Locked thread