Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I think Zingis is a little bit overrated and I would trade him for Fultz in a heartbeat. Especially for the Celtics, because then you can keep getting to the ECF every year while getting younger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Is Porzingis ever going to be built to last for a whole season?

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
you dont trade a unicorn for a normal horse. that's just common sense

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Chicago is poo poo.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

DC Murderverse posted:

I know he's working for the Lakers right now but Philly should back a dumptruck up to the charity of KAJ's choice and hire him to work with Embiid and teach him the ways of the sky-hook

Michael Olowakandi personally trained with Kareem and he came up with the Kandi Cane.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Spacebump posted:

Who was this team's best player?

Edit: King Zing chat, lol if Zingis is gone but Melo is still on the Knicks next season.

edit: wrong boxscore, Bogdanovic and Kalinic were the best players. Bennett played 1 minute and didn't score

curried lamb of God fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 22, 2017

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Cleveland Cavaliers' LeBron James wins PBWA's J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award
http://www.nba.com/article/2017/05/21/lebron-james-wins-pbwa-kennedy-citizenship-award

Carmelo Anthony was also a finalist.

Strawberry Panda posted:

They were. There was only a .2 difference between them and the Spurs in drtg. Also, if they're the 2nd best defensive team then Cavs still have to play defense as the best.

BBR has the Spurs as .5 better in team DRtg. Warriors .8 better in D FG%. Warriors do have the highest ORtg of all-time. Also, the best overall shooting and FG shooting team ever.

It'll be interesting to see what the referees do.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Zogo posted:

Cleveland Cavaliers' LeBron James wins PBWA's J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award
http://www.nba.com/article/2017/05/21/lebron-james-wins-pbwa-kennedy-citizenship-award

I mean, you could give it to him any year, really

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Does anyone in here play nba2k17 still? I just realized I have a Twitch Prime code that expires tomorrow. I think it's for VC and MyTeam stuff

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Does anyone in here play nba2k17 still? I just realized I have a Twitch Prime code that expires tomorrow. I think it's for VC and MyTeam stuff

Hello yes, I still slam my genitals into that door

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Hello yes, I still slam my genitals into that door

pro username/post combo, code PM'd!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

hes bad at it too

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

melo is going to stay on the knicks forever out of spite, 100 years from now, some new knick is going to be in the practice facility and melo is going to lunge out and ineffectively defend him before dying like the knight at the end of Last Crusade

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Metapod posted:

i just want a solid backup pg and its not looking like it will happen. I miss eric maynor

i'm ready op

I'm fairly confident they can upgrade the position. If they can wiggle down to get their full MLE, that's Shelvin Mack, Darren Collison, territory probably. The mini-MLE is maybe good for a Ty Lawson, Langston Galloway type. I'd really prefer to avoid a tiny old roasted vet like Calderon or Sessions.

Either one of Galloway or Mack seems like a good fit to me if they can be had for some variation of the new MLE. It also seems like everyone's anticipating trades involving Terry Rozier or Corey Joseph, so maybe OKC gets in on that. Seems inevitable that Presti makes a trade involving some combination of: #21, Grant, McDermott, Abrines, and/or Kanter.

They're trying to upgrade from the worst rotation player in the league. If they pull an absolute junkman like Calderon off the garbage heap, then it's still hypothetically an upgrade.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

I bought this game and once again it had an extremely force-you-to-play-a-certain-way create-a-player mode. Why can't these games just have a mode where you create a player without having to suffer through hours of cutscenes. Can't I just have a game where I make a guy and play his career? Does anyone like this stuff?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Knicks apparently fired KP's favorite assistant

quote:

As their relationship with Kristaps Porzingis sits on rocky terrain, the Knicks made a curious decision to not renew the contract of popular assistant Josh Longstaff, the Daily News has learned.

Longstaff was one of the few remaining holdovers of Derek Fisher's original staff, but more importantly he developed a connection with multiple current players -- most notably Porzingis -- and went overseas last year to help train the Latvian forward. Porzingis had even requested that Longstaff serve as an assistant on his Latvian national team this summer for the European championships, as the News previously reported.

The reasons for cutting ties with Longstaff are unclear, but a member of the organization called him the hardest-working on the staff. It's worth noting the Knicks are moving forward with a heavy focus on the triangle at all levels of the organization, including Longstaff's former role in player development.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-cut-ties-assistant-josh-longstaff-article-1.3184188

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
The problem with the Knicks is not enough triangle

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

zoux posted:

I bought this game and once again it had an extremely force-you-to-play-a-certain-way create-a-player mode. Why can't these games just have a mode where you create a player without having to suffer through hours of cutscenes. Can't I just have a game where I make a guy and play his career? Does anyone like this stuff?

it got worse this year and the answer is esports, thats the actual answer and its as dumb as it sounds

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

zoux posted:

At least it didn't have Spike Lee.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ghost Dog posted:

it got worse this year and the answer is esports, thats the actual answer and its as dumb as it sounds

What does e-sports have to do with Frequency Vibrations or 5 minute unskippable cutscenes with Kobe and MIchael B Jordan

Where's they guy that works on these games that posts here. I wanna yell at him about this.

zoux fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 22, 2017

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Isn't the triangle some kind of weird metaphysical philosophical thing for Phil? Maybe what the players really need are copious sheets of LSD.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

zoux posted:

It was even worse at the start when they wouldn't let you skip cutscenes. At least you can still watch your guy slowly walk in and out of doors and hallways

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

milk milk lemonade posted:

Isn't the triangle some kind of weird metaphysical philosophical thing for Phil? Maybe what the players really need are copious sheets of LSD.

what they really need is to travel through hyperspace and learn the zen secrets of basketball at the summit of mount arunachala. but they're a bunch of dumb babies who would rather run pick and rolls and shoot 3s.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

zoux posted:

What does e-sports have to do with Frequency Vibrations or 5 minute unskippable cutscenes with Kobe and MIchael B Jordan

Where's they guy that works on these games that posts here. I wanna yell at him about this.

the player archetypes are them trying to stop all the online play being vs 99 overall dudes and so theres strategy in their e sports mode

theres an e sports mode

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ghost Dog posted:

the player archetypes are them trying to stop all the online play being vs 99 overall dudes and so theres strategy in their e sports mode

theres an e sports mode

Here's what you do, you have a option where you can click "turn off all the bullshit" and then I don't have to do this.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

a make the game good toggle should be added to all video games

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

KP is probably going to end up the next DMC

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So are we getting some spicy Ewing Theory takes on IT tomorrow?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

WhyteRyce posted:

Doesn't ewing theory require them winning

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

WhyteRyce posted:

KP is probably going to end up the next DMC

Eventually traded to team up with another young superstar Big.

KP to sixers confirmed.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Tae posted:

Doesn't ewing theory require them winning
The examples of it existing never did

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

WhyteRyce posted:

They play violent and they can get way more violent with Smart and Bradley in as guards

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/wjcgibson/status/866462091728826368

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

a superteam lost a game, the NBA is back, baby

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
What does this loss mean

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Metapod posted:

What does this loss mean

IT is not getting maxed

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

underdog 1 seed avoids sweep

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
A healthy point guard is better than one with half a hip, what a shocker

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

underdog 1 seed avoids sweep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
I KNEW the 12-0 thing was tempting fate.

• Locked thread