Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Evil Canadian posted:

Made up some combos for Supergirl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmZp6UXcmEU

The corner stuff can be initially tricky, but once you get the timing down pat its easy enough.

Hey hey, thanks for these. On TYM they say they air link with 3 instead of 2 but i can get that to link like 1 out of 20 times as opposed to your way. I have more trouble with the b2 timing afterwards. Seems like the throw is guaranteed if it hits but I whiff the b2 in real matches still. I've basically been using my eye beams like a second meter and only using lil blasts when i have actual meter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

fadam posted:

What's the point of having per hero HP scores and per hero defense scores lmao

Ties in with gear poo poo im sure.

I just base everything off batman, I only use him as my training dummy(in competitive mode natch, having gear on throws off all the numbers). Works well enough.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

fadam posted:

Evil Canadian posted:

Ties in with gear poo poo im sure.

Yeah I think it's that. It would affect the damage scaling

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

OxMan posted:

Hey hey, thanks for these. On TYM they say they air link with 3 instead of 2 but i can get that to link like 1 out of 20 times as opposed to your way. I have more trouble with the b2 timing afterwards. Seems like the throw is guaranteed if it hits but I whiff the b2 in real matches still. I've basically been using my eye beams like a second meter and only using lil blasts when i have actual meter.

Its a bit tricky yeah. Took me a solid half hour before I got the corner combo down. 3 does a bit more damage but if you do 2 its much easier to land the first f23.

And yeah, if b2 connects the throw followup is guaranteed. What makes it so good as a finisher is its a long hard knockdown that gives a super super meaty j1 on their wakeup if they don't delay.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

HebrewMagic posted:

Any of you gazman24 on xb1? Got a generic guild req from you, please prove goonhood

Whoops, had been trying to catch up on the thread and missed this. Dat's me. :shobon: I'm basically a scrub tho, fair warning.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

fadam posted:

Balance, presumably.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Defense is a gear stat while HP isn't.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
health is a gear stat

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Meridian posted:

Balance, presumably.

Yeah, but couldn't they accomplish the same thing with just one or the other. Using both just makes things more complicated, but I guess it does seem like a very NRS thing to do.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Think I'm going to try and jump into goon lanterns - Windsurferash2

Hmm It's full.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 22, 2017

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
If defense just reduces damage by some percentage, then yeah having both health and defense as stats is pretty redundant. Are we sure that denense doesn't do something more complicated than that though? Like, if it negated some flat amount of damage per hit then you'd want to favor fewer high damage hits against high defense characters.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Man it's just not loving worth it at all to play any world you see a Wonder Woman with more than like 2 difficulty blips in.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Saint Freak posted:

Man it's just not loving worth it at all to play any world you see a Wonder Woman with more than like 2 difficulty blips in.

Wonder Woman and Robin both gently caress my poo poo up right quick.

Good thing the AI is better than me!

Txxt
Dec 11, 2004
I applied to the new guild to hopefully punch nerds!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jimmy Hats posted:

health is a gear stat

Differential HP is baked into the character and gear HP values just modify it while defense is 100% a gear stat, with gear disabled it completely vanishes from the equation. Like an RPG with separate HP and armor values, and different classes have different base HPs.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Do you have to clear a guild multiverse stage to get points for it?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
"Don't block during the match" Sure I'll try but if I get hit while doing B23 it's going to block if I want to or not.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Darkseid of all people has the absolute lowest defense in tournament no gear settings

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Saint Freak posted:

Yyyyeeep. AI Wonder Woman, and to a lesser extent AI Harley just wreck my poo poo and I'm not even sure the best way to approach them. Its a real pain when they show up in the Guild multiverse since you can't swap in an AI buddy.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Man coach steve's grodd is so sick. I love watching this angry ape.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
AI wonder woman is really strong, yeah. Gotta approach her the same way you approach a deadshot i.e. block and tip toe forward.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Yo Goon Lanterns,

We got 30 some hours to run kind of a lot of guild multiverse poo poo. I believe in you.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Yyyyeeep. AI Wonder Woman, and to a lesser extent AI Harley just wreck my poo poo and I'm not even sure the best way to approach them. Its a real pain when they show up in the Guild multiverse since you can't swap in an AI buddy.

Yeah AI WW is much better than mine haha!

Also I tried to do one of the goon guild multiverse things - but I saw "Power of Zoom" and then I just quit, it gives me a headache and I don't like just button mashing.

Saint Freak posted:

Darkseid of all people has the absolute lowest defense in tournament no gear settings
Really? most people would just assume that he has the strongest defense because he is a major supervillain stronger than superman.

As a question how do people use Super/Powergirls laser vision to make it constant rathar than just a single blast.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 05:06 on May 22, 2017

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Meridian posted:

It...does?

Also have to factor in damage scaling.

Yeah, it does. This is what he's talking about :

https://twitter.com/Osu16Bit/status/865668523644788737

In ranked/competitive, characters actually have relatively close to the same HP, despite the differences in the numerical value or whatever. So the laser would do, eg: 8% of your health to almost every character.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

That plus they're all really long, and restart if you fail... meh

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I have no idea who Captain Cold is beyond a Flash villain, but I'm enjoying his characterization as a villain who's not a complete bad guy and seems to be in way over his head against most of the cast with just his little freeze ray. Of the many characters in this game I'd never heard of before, he's stealing the show for me.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Most Flash villains that aren't named Eobard Thawne Of The 24th And A Half Century are like that.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Yeah, Grodd and Zoom are the only Flash villains that are straight up villains that are as evil as any Batman villain besides some unknowns nobody cares about like Murmer.

But the people like Captain Cold, Heat Wave, Mirror Master, etc., generally operate by a code that involves avoiding killing civilians and cops, not doing drugs, and I'm pretty sure they have a rule to never kill the Flash. They tend to have a kind of friendly relationship with the Flash, to the point where the Flash attended one of the Rogues' parties once.

The Flash's villains are up there with Batman and Spider-Man's rogues galleries for that reason for me.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

nunsexmonkrock posted:

As a question how do people use Super/Powergirls laser vision to make it constant rathar than just a single blast.

Meter burn, you need a full bar of heat vision charge to do it, but I don't think it costs any actual meter.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The most important supergirl eye tactic is to realize you can find gear that changes her laser colors so you can shoot purple or whatever.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Gimme them purple eyebeams

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I'm 3/4 on some set that gives Superman "irradiated" eye lasers. I'm hoping it A: Makes 'em green, B: Makes them do DoT, or C: Both.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Also I tried to do one of the goon guild multiverse things - but I saw "Power of Zoom" and then I just quit, it gives me a headache and I don't like just button mashing.

I got the Power of Zoom modifier while fighting the Flash and I'm not sure what happened but I'm pretty sure I lost.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Multiverse is so much worse than Star Labs. It's really bad.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How is it different?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I'm really bummed there doesn't seem to be a classic Aquaman set.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Roth posted:

Yeah, Grodd and Zoom are the only Flash villains that are straight up villains that are as evil as any Batman villain besides some unknowns nobody cares about like Murmer.

But the people like Captain Cold, Heat Wave, Mirror Master, etc., generally operate by a code that involves avoiding killing civilians and cops, not doing drugs, and I'm pretty sure they have a rule to never kill the Flash. They tend to have a kind of friendly relationship with the Flash, to the point where the Flash attended one of the Rogues' parties once.

The Flash's villains are up there with Batman and Spider-Man's rogues galleries for that reason for me.

yea and Cold especially has the whole 'what no I don't LIKE Flash because, ya know, I'd like to steal the poo poo he keeps punching me for taking, but no I don't want to KILL the guy. Then I'd just have these boring cops to deal with." They pretty much nailed him here.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Grem posted:

I'm really bummed there doesn't seem to be a classic Aquaman set.

aw dukes, really? I saw a shader that makes his big dumb gloves green!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fadam posted:

How is it different?

It has none of the quirky fun stuff at all and every single thing is a handicap against you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

It has none of the quirky fun stuff at all and every single thing is a handicap against you.

Aren't there multiverses where like orange lanterns shoot cash at you and you can call in characters as assists? I only played it a few times but it seemed pretty wacky.

• Locked thread