Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

BWV posted:

I really really want to agree that the Warriors had an easier route but we can't underestimate how bad the Celtics were for a top seed, even with IT. Like they were a Rondo injury away (RONDO!) from getting swept by a garbage rear end Chicago team who barely even made it into the playoffs. No matter how broken the west teams were they never were even close to that level of ineptitude.

What IF I told you Rondo is actually a really really good PG with amazing court vision, a proven finals winner, Doc Rivers called him the smartedt player he's ever coached, and Dwyane Wade is the third best SG of all time so the Bulls weren't actually all that bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Jae Crowder is so loving bad

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Super Jay Mann posted:

The way I see it, this season's worth of data when examined and analyzed in many different ways by many different people pegged the Cavaliers as not even the best team in their conference and with 50/50 odds at best against their peers in the upper part of the conference, and it's easy to see this reflected in the final win totals. Clearly, as can be observed from these entire playoffs, this isn't true.

The extent to which this isn't true is impossible to pin down given the circumstances of these playoff series, which sucks because it makes predicting the Finals mere guesswork. The Warriors having their own cupcake bracket on the other side doesn't help matters either.

Well stated consider me agreedo

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

EvanTH posted:

What I told you Rondo is actually a really really good PG with amazing court vision, a proven finals winner, Doc Rivers called him the smartedt player he's ever coached, and Dwyane Wade is the third best SG of all time so the Bulls weren't actually all that bad

what if i told you he look like a mons goblin raider (fifth edition) and can sniff a brown one?

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
yeah they're booing kelly beacuse he's good like Larold Bird and not beacuse he's a dirty ogre shitbird

Pungent Mammy
Jul 29, 2003

The pig is a huge fat pig.
Fallen Rib
Chris I don't think they're booing Olynyk because he's an all-time Celtics great

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Super Jay Mann posted:

The way I see it, this season's worth of data when examined and analyzed in many different ways by many different people pegged the Cavaliers as not even the best team in their conference and with 50/50 odds at best against their peers in the upper part of the conference, and it's easy to see this reflected in the final win totals. Clearly, as can be observed from these entire playoffs, this isn't true.

The extent to which this isn't true is impossible to pin down given the circumstances of these playoff series, which sucks because it makes predicting the Finals mere guesswork. The Warriors having their own cupcake bracket on the other side doesn't help matters either.

yeah thats what I meant

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Why jr hold his arm

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If it wasn't for Kelly O, LeBron might have another title. Not many players can say that.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i feel like lebron decided this was the spin move playoffs

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

This is pretty funny.

Not as funny looking as Ty Lue though

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
In the teensy appearance of IT in that playoffs commercial

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
not sure ive ever seen a series that's been completely, woefully non-competitive the entire time

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

John Oates is at that game.

Spacebump posted:

If it wasn't for Kelly O, LeBron might have another title. Not many players can say that.

eee-yep.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Spacebump posted:

Basically Jason Terry, Boris Diaw and that's it

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
time to make pancakes

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

EvanTH posted:

Basically Jason Terry, Boris Diaw and that's it

Paul Pierce

Dwight Howard :getin:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

boris good series of defending lebron was the one the spurs lost i think, in the 2nd one they mostly used kawhi cause boris just got shot over a thousand times in game 7

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

if lebron keeps shooting free throws like this he's gonna wind up on the bucks

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

never get tired of lebron owning ollynik

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Who does jerebko think he is lol

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Ghost Dog posted:

boris good series of defending lebron was the one the spurs lost i think, in the 2nd one they mostly used kawhi cause boris just got shot over a thousand times in game 7

I distinctly remember Boris getting robbed of FMVP. Also I distinctly remember he tossed that Jordan-style one-handed lob to Kawhi

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Kill em with Love

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

has kelly olynyk astrally projected himself into a more agile player so as to better cheap shot the cavs. being uncoordinated famously makes one unable to injure your opponent

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/McNeilShow/status/866477441484763136

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Sweat literally pouring off JR

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

that was a 2 tho

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
its getting interesting! wowsers

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Hey neat a game is happening

Lebron time I guess

Super Jay Mann posted:

Paul Pierce

Dwight Howard :getin:

Truth Rode JETs coattails

Howard reminds me how bad the NBA wanted LeBron V Kobe to be a thing and it just wouldn't happen

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
JR WITH THE LEBRON

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

the cavs and celtics switched uniforms at the half, lets see if anyone notices....

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
cant noone touch TT

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

*ogre has foot entirely past line*

and kelly for 3!!!

*is a moron rear end announcer*

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Mr. Despair posted:

the cavs and celtics switched uniforms at the half, lets see if anyone notices....

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Smart with the Harden lol that needs to not be in the game so bad

But I honestly have no idea how it'd be legislated

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
6 pts!!!!!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

EvanTH posted:

Smart with the Harden lol that needs to not be in the game so bad

But I honestly have no idea how it'd be legislated

if your legs flail while you are in the air its not a foul

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

call it the basketball is supposed to look cool rule

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Killem cavs take LeBron off and lettem go wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

AggressivelyStupid posted:

*ogre has foot entirely past line*

and kelly for 3!!!

*is a moron rear end announcer*

I don't know if it's just me noticing it this playoffs or if Marv's getting old or what but he's said some wrong and dumb stuff lately

Earlier K Love was 6/9 from three then he hit another three and he was 7/9 from three

Also he bit a hooker that one time haha

• Locked thread