Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

murder all facists qtiyd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

murder all facists qtiyd

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Why is his rank covered? Graduation?

I was gonna ask the same thing but a ROTC commissioning ceremony makes sense.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
According to witnesses, the perpetrator was walking down the street, screaming, at 3AM, with a knife. Apparently the arresting officers said he was speaking, but his words didn't make sense. It sounds more like someone having a psychotic break than a premeditated hate crime.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Dead Reckoning posted:

According to witnesses, the perpetrator was walking down the street, screaming, at 3AM, with a knife. Apparently the arresting officers said he was speaking, but his words didn't make sense. It sounds more like someone having a psychotic break than a premeditated hate crime.

Of course it's not racism.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Wasabi the J posted:

Can't wait to see the mental gymnastics the ARE HEROES types on my wall go through to explain why actually this kid deserved it.

Just look at the twitter replies already.

quote:

The black guy who slaughtered whitey at the University of Texas was a known racist, but you were eerily quiet about that...hmmm🤔

quote:

Weird, I dont see you mentioning race when whites are robbed, raped, assaulted or carjacked in baltimore. Hmm🤔

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Dead Reckoning posted:

alt-right retardation can sound alot like nonsense to people who are unfamiliar with it. Are there any particulars that make you think it was a psychotic break or is that just wishful thinking?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

Of course it's not racism.

The guy may in fact be racist, but wandering down the street, stabbing a guy for not getting out of your way, then just hanging out at the crime scene waiting to be arrested doesn't match the pattern one would expect of a premeditated or anger provoked assault. Every description of his behavior screams "altered/disordered mental state."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

Just look at the twitter replies already.

heh, you're mad about this murder, but why aren't you made about every other murder? checkmate

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dead Reckoning posted:

The guy may in fact be racist, but wandering down the street, stabbing a guy for not getting out of your way, then just hanging out at the crime scene waiting to be arrested doesn't match the pattern one would expect of a premeditated or anger provoked assault. Every description of his behavior screams "altered/disordered mental state."

Or a cunning plan to kill a black dude for street cred and get a light sentence for bad brains.
Poor murderer has so much to live for we better not give him a harsh sentence.
He can change!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I mean, this might be a leap, but it's entirely possible he stabbed a black guy because he's racist and crazy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

cracist

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

murder all facists qtiyd

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

murder all facists qtiyd

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9DajKjOr4M

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

LingcodKilla posted:

Or a cunning plan to kill a black dude for street cred and get a light sentence for bad brains.
Poor murderer has so much to live for we better not give him a harsh sentence.
He can change!
Again, that does not match with similar past events. Why would you commit a premeditated crime in front of multiple witnesses if you wanted to get away with it? Why would you lay your hopes on an insanity defense, hoping that a jury will "just" sentence you to indefinite incarceration in a mental institution without criminal culpability, when southern juries have already shown themselves willing to accept rather thin self defense claims?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Dead Reckoning posted:

Again, that does not match with similar past events. Why would you commit a premeditated crime in front of multiple witnesses if you wanted to get away with it? Why would you lay your hopes on an insanity defense, hoping that a jury will "just" sentence you to indefinite incarceration in a mental institution without criminal culpability, when southern juries have already shown themselves willing to accept rather thin self defense claims?

Why would you attribute a member of the "alt-reich" with rational planning facilities? Why would you give someone that was a member of an online hate group the benefit of the doubt wrt knowing the prevailing standard for legal defenses? why would you ask such pointless questions?

Edit: "Hmmm, this nazi wasn't acting behaving rationally? What was realllly going on here?"

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 22, 2017

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Dead Reckoning posted:

redhats fed on a diet of infowars and drudge think that the country is primed for an incel rising power to cast of the shackles of women and blacks over them.

You can't make rational arguments against irrational actors

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oh poo poo the race war will be sexhavers vs virgins

glad im on the cool team

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I get feeling that it'd be a quick war

What happens to a sex havers corpse though is gonna be bad

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the sexhavers can easily replenish their ranks

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Believing irrational things doesn't make people irrational actors. "That Pope Francis, total nut job, thinks he was picked by God to be in charge of the church, no idea what he'll do next." I get that y'all really want this to be about Internet racists killing an upstanding young man, but I'm pretty sure you're going to have to settle for Bowlcut McDipshit getting a needle in his arm some time later this decade.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Dead Reckoning posted:

No I know it's just... Frustrating. I'm exhausted from people being awful to each other, mentally​ ill or otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcTxf8zoErc

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Dead Reckoning posted:

Believing irrational things doesn't make people irrational actors. "That Pope Francis, total nut job, thinks he was picked by God to be in charge of the church, no idea what he'll do next." I get that y'all really want this to be about Internet racists killing an upstanding young man, but I'm pretty sure you're going to have to settle for Bowlcut McDipshit getting a needle in his arm some time later this decade.

Believing irrational things does make people behave irrationally with regards to those beliefs. I don't give a poo poo one way or the other, I'm just wondering what led to your (seemingly iron-clad) assumption that this was a case of mental illness as opposed to racial malice. Sure, sans context, someone behaving the way this shithead behaved could suggest they had a mental break. Knowing that they were an active member of an online hate group certainly muddies the waters to the point that I wouldn't feel quite as comfortable making the assumptions and judgements that you seem willing to.

Victor Vermis posted:

While you rally against the boogeyman of fascism, the corporate oligarchy lures you deeper into the beige-white interior of your own bourgeoisie pipe dreams.

Secure and immobile, there they will pour honey down your throat until you split at the seams and explode. A potbellied piņata full of superficial pride and chinese-made trinkets, the sound of your dignity whistling up and out of you like the howls of the first union men, chained to their own creations, flesh rending over pavement in the blazing red taillights of the American Dream.

Here now witness freedom's reproductive system. Milky white larvae burst forth and freefall from your honey-crusted remains to feast upon what pools below. The sum of your existence: cum, blood, and poo poo, congealing into the next generation of retarded wage-slaves. CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP.

I'm actually vegan sooo....

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
While you rally against the boogeyman of fascism, the corporate oligarchy lures you deeper into the beige-white interior of your own bourgeoisie pipe dreams.

Secure and immobile, there they will pour honey down your throat until you split at the seams and explode. A potbellied piņata full of superficial pride and chinese-made trinkets, the sound of your dignity whistling up and out of you like the howls of the first union men, chained to their own creations, flesh rending over pavement in the blazing red taillights of the American Dream.

Here now witness freedom's reproductive system. Milky white larvae burst forth and freefall from your honey-crusted remains to feast upon what pools below. The sum of your existence: cum, blood, and poo poo, congealing into the next generation of retarded wage-slaves. CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I'm actually vegan sooo....

:dogbutton:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Victor Vermis posted:

________________________/

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
kill all nazis

the only good fascist is a loving dead fascist

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Yikes.

So anyway Gone with the Blastwave updated. I posted it in current events, because it happened this month.

Edit: I don't know BB codes or how to use the preview button.

Ceiling fan fucked around with this message at 05:01 on May 22, 2017

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

In good news about the alt right, someone confronted Richard Spencer at the gym and crushed his skull with a stack of barbells got his gym membership cancelled.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

suboptimal posted:

In good news about the alt right, someone confronted Richard Spencer at the gym and crushed his skull with a stack of barbells got his gym membership cancelled.

He will die of obesity slowly

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Believing irrational things does make people behave irrationally with regards to those beliefs. I don't give a poo poo one way or the other, I'm just wondering what led to your (seemingly iron-clad) assumption that this was a case of mental illness as opposed to racial malice. Sure, sans context, someone behaving the way this shithead behaved could suggest they had a mental break. Knowing that they were an active member of an online hate group certainly muddies the waters to the point that I wouldn't feel quite as comfortable making the assumptions and judgements that you seem willing to.
Because even if you assume he truly believed that RAHOWA was imminent, nothing about his conduct makes sense.
"1) Get knife, walk down street screaming at 3 AM
2) Stab the first black person who doesn't show you deference
3) Play crazy when the cops show up
4) This will further the cause of white supremacy because ????
5) <Missing>
6) Profit/racially pure America"

In the case of the Charleston church shooter, his actions, although clearly the product of a damaged mind and horrific beliefs, had an internal logic one could follow. He wanted to kill as many black people as he could and martyr himself for the cause of white supremacy. I don't see that here.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 22, 2017

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Dead Reckoning posted:

Because even if you assume he truly believed that RAHOWA was imminent, nothing about his conduct makes sense.
"1) Get knife, walk down street screaming at 3 AM

0) in TYOOL 2017, lol

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I mean, if the argument is, "The mental processes of people who voted for Trump are so incoherent and alien to me as to be indistinguishable from schizophrenia or other mental illnesses," you're saying basically the same thing I am, just much much stupider.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

This is a really loving stupid hill to die on.

He was a racist and stabbed a black guy to death.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Last Week Tonight covered last week very well.

"Back then... in the more innocent time known as Monday"

Kinda drove home the point about just how much happened and keeps happening

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Why would you attribute a member of the "alt-reich" with rational planning facilities? Why would you give someone that was a member of an online hate group the benefit of the doubt wrt knowing the prevailing standard for legal defenses? why would you ask such pointless questions?

Edit: "Hmmm, this nazi wasn't acting behaving rationally? What was realllly going on here?"

I got news for you, there's a good number of people who think GiP is an online hate group.

M_Gargantua posted:

Last Week Tonight covered last week very well.

"Back then... in the more innocent time known as Monday"

Kinda drove home the point about just how much happened and keeps happening

Was it a good episode overall?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

yes

its all about the past week nothing else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I got news for you, there's a good number of people who think GiP is an online hate group.

Yes, and yes.

More of a liberal crime squad though

• Locked thread