Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
12 team roto, behind in HR/RBI, 2nd in AVG. Just acquired Posey in a trade and picked up Lucroy as a FA (guess someone got tired of his poo poo)
Thinking of offering Posey straight up for Chris Davis. Should I do it?

Not quite related to fantasy baseball, but where do you get a custom av these days? I checked SA Mart, Post your request, and mistakenly ventured in to GBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Moneyball posted:

12 team roto, behind in HR/RBI, 2nd in AVG. Just acquired Posey in a trade and picked up Lucroy as a FA (guess someone got tired of his poo poo)
Thinking of offering Posey straight up for Chris Davis. Should I do it?

I think Posey is worth more than that.

quote:

Not quite related to fantasy baseball, but where do you get a custom av these days? I checked SA Mart, Post your request, and mistakenly ventured in to GBS.

https://secure.somethingawful.com/products/titlechange.php

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

People are obsessed with Pre-season rank on yahoo and it's hard to get them to budge. They're around the same rank which is why I settled on Davis. I guess I can throw some feeler trades out there.

And I meant getting a custom one designed. I know I've seen a few threads for that around.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Moneyball posted:

And I meant getting a custom one designed. I know I've seen a few threads for that around.

If you don't want to make it yourself, you can make a thread in SA Mart or just ask someone. I made the blinking Bo one I have now and I <3 it. I've made them for people for AV certs before, which are like $5.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Moneyball posted:

People are obsessed with Pre-season rank on yahoo and it's hard to get them to budge. They're around the same rank which is why I settled on Davis. I guess I can throw some feeler trades out there.

I guess if you really want to chase HRs you could do that, but I would rather go after somebody with a bit higher AVG floor.

quote:

Oh, I dunno about that.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

kensei posted:

If you don't want to make it yourself, you can make a thread in SA Mart or just ask someone. I made the blinking Bo one I have now and I <3 it. I've made them for people for AV certs before, which are like $5.

Holy poo poo I never noticed Bo blinking before. :lol:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Holy poo poo I never noticed Bo blinking before. :lol:

His Ichiro av winked, too.

Way to rock the vote by the way :v:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Ha, sorry about that. I looked at it and then forgot about it.

I really don't have an opinion on it anyway, so whatever works is fine by me.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

IcePhoenix posted:

His Ichiro av winked, too.

Yup, made that one too!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ichiro also blew bubbles, didn't he?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Devon Travis has been hitting a ton of doubles. 10 in the last 10 games.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Haha. Thank you to the dumdum in my roto league who dropped Jose Quintana three weeks into the season. And thank you to every other person in that league who was paying even less attention than me and let him pass through waivers and sit there for a few days before I realized he was there and picked him up.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

DeepDickPizza posted:

Haha. Thank you to the dumdum in my roto league who dropped Jose Quintana three weeks into the season. And thank you to every other person in that league who was paying even less attention than me and let him pass through waivers and sit there for a few days before I realized he was there and picked him up.

No kidding. I play in a league that locks rosters weekly and starts 5 SP a week. The bench is only 5 deep and there's no DL. With Thor, Paxton, and Kluber on the DL and undroppable, my roster is a mess. Thankfully I grabbed Quintana a month ago when he got dropped because there is loving nothing on the ww right now.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

DeepDickPizza posted:

Samesies :3:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Xander Bogaerts is slugging .448 without a single home run. That would break the all-time record of .442, and shatter the record of .366 in the last 25 years.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
WHY DO THESE loving SITES LOCK RAINED OUT PLAYERS

EDIT: WHY DID THEY BUILD AN OPEN AIR STADIUM IN loving MINNESOTA

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

coronaball posted:

WHY DO THESE loving SITES LOCK RAINED OUT PLAYERS

EDIT: WHY DID THEY BUILD AN OPEN AIR STADIUM IN loving MINNESOTA

Same reason you would build one anywhere I suppose :confused:

For anyone with Kennedy, don't forget he's coming off the DL tomorrow to start one of the games in the doubleheader.

(he was actually coming off today but you get a free pass if you forgot :v:)

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

IcePhoenix posted:

Same reason you would build one anywhere I suppose :confused:

For anyone with Kennedy, don't forget he's coming off the DL tomorrow to start one of the games in the doubleheader.

(he was actually coming off today but you get a free pass if you forgot :v:)

I phrased that oddly, I guess I'm wondering more why it doesn't have a retractable roof.

I also didn't realize that Target Field has been open 7 years already. I don't pay a lot attention to the AL Central. :)

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

coronaball posted:

I don't pay a lot attention to the AL Central. :)

Understandable

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

gently caress you Tanaka :mad:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

coronaball posted:

I phrased that oddly, I guess I'm wondering more why it doesn't have a retractable roof.

Probably the same reasons a lot of stadiums don't have them!

The Pussy Boss posted:

gently caress you Tanaka :mad:

Starting to get real sick of his poo poo...

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Julio Urias :negative:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh boy am I glad I'm dominating enough this week I didn't have to chance that Perdomo start.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I hope everyone didn't drop Bautista :q:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Schweinhund posted:

I hope everyone didn't drop Bautista :q:

Praise Joey Bats.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I've built half a team with other players' drops:

C: Lucroy
3B: Jake Lamb
OF: Jose Bautista, Starling Marte

SP: Jose Quintana
RP: David Robertson

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Should I drop Roark for Senzatela? Or Alex Cobb?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Is this where I brag about drafting Jake Lamb in all four of my leagues?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pitchers are dying left and right.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rand alPaul posted:

I drafted Rich Hill and Walker and now I'm mad about blisters

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Rand alPaul posted:

I'd rather have them die if having them live means I get to witness the horror of Tanaka, Griffin, and Musgrove destroy my ratios.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doltos posted:

Have you heard about this Aaron Sanchez fellow? He's rivaling Rich Hill in the blister and fingernail department.

Also at this rate Kevin Gausman is going to win the Cy Young with a 6.50 ERA because he's simply healthy.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Joey Bats was just flipped with Mike Leake for Rizzo in my league

:wow:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

the_american_dream posted:

Joey Bats was just flipped with Mike Leake for Rizzo in my league

:wow:

Did it look like this?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Salavador Perez just crushed me :psyboom:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Doltos posted:

:same:

Also mad about shoulder soreness, rotator cuff inflamation, groin strains, sore hamstrings, strained hamstrings, elbow fluid buildup and ball cancer.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
*drafts a guy who can't pitch three pitches without getting blisters*

aww what the gently caress blisters

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Well Rich Hill is one of my 3 healthy SPs right now so there.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Hey, if you didn't want a guy with ball cancer on your roster, maybe you should've added genetic risk assessment as part of your draft prep, like a true fantasy pro. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
In one of my leagues, only three of the 10 teams have actually changed their lineups since a week after the draft. The dude in 3rd place has been starting Eaton, Bumgarner, Paxton, and Bedrosian the whole time. His team ERA is a 1.72; the next lowest is a 3.27. I'm at a 4.56 almost entirely thanks to Salazar, Kluber, and Robbie Ray.

I really hate public leagues.

• Locked thread