Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Frankston posted:

Dunne vs Bate would be my match of the year were it not for Omega vs Okada.

Every time I make a MOTYC nomination I feel like it goes without saying that it's a nomination for what is the best NON Omega/Okada Wrestle Kingdom match of the year :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Dunne/Bate
HM: Roode/Itami
HM: DIY/AoP
:same:

What a really great card

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Every time I make a MOTYC nomination I feel like it goes without saying that it's a nomination for what is the best NON Omega/Okada Wrestle Kingdom match of the year :)

It's kinda of amazing how many great matches that would be legit matches of the year any other year just don't stand a chance cause Okada/Omega was so great. And it's not just a few matches we've had some great wrestling all through the year all over the world so it's been consistently good. The only years I think that would come close is the early 90's with the rise of Misawa/Kobashi/Kawada, Liger and the Juniors et all

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It's kinda of amazing how many great matches that would be legit matches of the year any other year just don't stand a chance cause Okada/Omega was so great.

Naito/Tanahashi was right before it though?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

third best match on the show

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gedo wants everybody put in their place early, so every year Okada sets the bar in the first week of January :smug:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

MOTYC: The Usos vs. Breezango, WWE Backlash, 05/22

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Venomous posted:

second

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Venomous posted:

third

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I didn't think WWE would be able to top Taichi/Taka but they matched it with the Uso's vs Breezango so 4th

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Gedo wants everybody put in their place early, so every year Okada sets the bar in the first week of January :smug:

we could start making the year begin on January 5th so there's the possibility the matches we're watching could be the best

Venomous posted:

yes

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Baron Corbyn posted:

we could start making the year begin on January 5th so there's the possibility the matches we're watching could be the best

yes

To try to get into the Chinese market we will observe Chinese New Year for our awards calendar.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

To try to get into the Chinese market we will observe Chinese New Year for our awards calendar.

To stop Okada from winning the award we shall now nominate only non Okada matches

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

HM: Sami Zayn vs. Baron Corbin, WWE Backlash, 5/21

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

MOTY: Randy Orton vs Jinder Mahal, 5/21 WWE Backlash

not motyc, just the moty period

eat it okada, eat it omega

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Venomous posted:

YES

abraham linksys posted:

HM: AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens, WWE Backlash, 5/21

2nd

super macho dude fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 22, 2017

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
surprised I hadn't seen anyone else call for it, but

HM: AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens, WWE Backlash, 5/21

also

HM: The Usos vs. Breezango, WWE Backlash, 05/21

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Venomous posted:

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Do not even ask posted:

MOTYC: Pete Dunne vs Tyler Bate, 5/20 NXT Takeover: Chicago
HM: Bobby Roode vs Hideo Itami, 5/20 NXT Takeover: Chicago
HM: Authors of Pain vs. DIY, 5/20 NXT Takeover: Chicago

and

Venomous posted:

God drat Bate and Dunne were something else. Easily the best WWE match this year.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Venomous posted:

This was probably the best comedy match I've seen in my life, so nth

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

nothing on that show was even hm worthy imo. probably the weakest wwe show of the year.

NXT TakeOver: Chicago
MOTYC: Pete Dunne vs Tyler Bate
HM: Bobby Roode vs Hideo Itami
HM: DIY vs Authors of Pain

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 06:25 on May 23, 2017

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Ultimo Guerrero vs LA Park, 5/7 Lucha Memes

Very close to a MOTYC, match is just awesome. Both guys work so hard and do poo poo that guys their age and weight should not be able to do. Finish is fantastic too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHvk5Ycne94

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
HM: Kairi Hojo vs Mayu Iwatani: Stardom 5/14/17

Real good match, with great selling and emotion. It had a few low points, but otherwise was real solid match. Match title is also a link. :ssh:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

HM: Kairi Hojo vs Mayu Iwatani: Stardom 5/14/17

Real good match, with great selling and emotion. It had a few low points, but otherwise was real solid match. Match title is also a link. :ssh:

2nded. I do recommend anyone who enoys the match get a Stardom World subscription. It's good value for money.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Rush vs Mr. Niebla 5/29 CMLL Arena Puebla

Rush cannot have a bad match with an old fat guy and cannot resist kicking them as hard as he can. Second fall must be seen.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
HM - Kushida vs Taguchi - BOSJ 5/29

Thought this match was excellent. Two guys who know each other well working their asses off. Maybe my favorite match of the tournament thus far.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Price Check posted:

HM - Kushida vs Taguchi - BOSJ 5/29

Thought this match was excellent. Two guys who know each other well working their asses off. Maybe my favorite match of the tournament thus far.

Second this, fun match and Kushida has all sorts of neat submission moves. Also Taguchi has had a hell of a tournament

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

HM: The Mack vs. Johnny Mundo "All Night Long" - Lucha Underground 5/31/17

Great match, I was there for the taping and everyone was on the edge of their seat the last couple of minutes. Really fun take on the Ironman Match

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jenkem Delivery posted:

HM: The Mack vs. Johnny Mundo "All Night Long" - Lucha Underground 5/31/17

Great match, I was there for the taping and everyone was on the edge of their seat the last couple of minutes. Really fun take on the Ironman Match

Did it actually air? I heard that they'd scheduled a replay of an older show instead but I didn't really follow up on it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Jerusalem posted:

Did it actually air? I heard that they'd scheduled a replay of an older show instead but I didn't really follow up on it.

It came back tonight as advertised, some cable company hosed up with their listings.

And yeah that match is real good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Awesome, I had been looking forward to that match but the momentum they were building for it stalled with their mid-season break. Will check it out.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate - Korakuen 6/1

HM: Naruki Doi vs. Takehiro Yamamura

HM: YAMATO vs. Big R Shimizu

The best 3 minute 45 second match I've seen all year.

MOTYC: BxB Hulk vs. Shingo Takagi

Best feud in wrestling continues. Hulk and Shingo have a singles match. It loving ruled.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 2, 2017

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer posted:

Rush cannot have a bad match with an old fat guy and cannot resist kicking them as hard as he can. Second fall must be seen.

I know lucha is scary but watch this and try not to hunt down the rest of the match:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B49_FLBKWtvybzJ0LVpVNnRVdWM

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I forgot:
Stardom, Korakuen Hall, 5/14/17 show:
HM - World of Stardom Title Match Io Shirai(c) vs Toni Storm

HM - Kairi Hojo vs Mayu Iwatani

Iwatani/Hojo was better but I really like Shirai/Storm, so I figure it deserves a nod too.

(World of Stardom is a really good value; 750 Yen a month for all these matches, english subtitled promos, and specials like The yearly janken tournament.)

Senerio fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 2, 2017

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragon Gate - Korakuen 6/1

HM: Naruki Doi vs. Takehiro Yamamura

HM: YAMATO vs. Big R Shimizu

The best 3 minute 45 second match I've seen all year.

MOTYC: BxB Hulk vs. Shingo Takagi

Best feud in wrestling continues. Hulk and Shingo have a singles match. It loving ruled.

Yep, 2nd all these.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Nevermind

Senerio fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jul 3, 2017

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Ultimo Guerrero vs LA Park, 5/7 Lucha Memes

Very close to a MOTYC, match is just awesome. Both guys work so hard and do poo poo that guys their age and weight should not be able to do. Finish is fantastic too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHvk5Ycne94

This match ruled 2nd

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MassRafTer posted:

SECOND SECOND SECOND SECOND.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Matt Tremont vs Nick "loving" Gage GCW Presents Zandig Tournament of Survival 2

If you like death matches you absolutely need to see this match. It's stunning in its stupidity and brilliance.

• Locked thread