Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Ratt posted:

Is shameless self promotion okay? I've been working on a mobile space strategy game kind of like Total War, and was hoping to get some opinions on it.

Galaxy of Iron

STOP SHILLING YOUR BULLSH- oh its free. click.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Yeah, I'm in Asia too, and Chroma Squad is definitely unavailable on the Play Store, and on Steam too.

BUT. I got it a few months ago! On Humble Bundle, so like most other good games if you wait long enough it'll probably come up there again. If you can't wait, then why not get it from the Humble Store?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bombadilillo posted:

STOP SHILLING YOUR BULLSH- oh its free. click.

:same:

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Old Man's Journey is a puzzle adventure game that looks really pretty and has gotten some good buzz.

Also, Arkanoid vs Space Invaders?

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 18, 2017

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Did you like The Simpsons: Tapped Out, or the Family Guy clone Family Guy: The Quest For Stuff? Well, TinyCo, creators of Family Guy TQFS has reskinned their game, using Futurama. Presenting Futurama: Worlds Of Tomorrow.

It's currently in Beta.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

By... Square-Enix? And they've apparently owned Taito for over a decade? What the hell man I had no idea.

Also looking this up I learned that Taito was the first company to distill and sell vodka in Japan (because it was founded by a Russian businessman).

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Veib posted:

By... Square-Enix? And they've apparently owned Taito for over a decade? What the hell man I had no idea.

Also looking this up I learned that Taito was the first company to distill and sell vodka in Japan (because it was founded by a Russian businessman).

Vodka is made by (po)taito(s) so it makes sense.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Eeeewwwww

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Anyway that Arkanoid vs Space Invaders game seems pretty decent. The gameplay is exactly what it suggests; the space invaders rain down missiles which you deflect back upon them with your paddle thing, against a time limit, with things like walls and power ups to complicate matters.

I'm surprised its being released as a premium game though, and the graphics make me wish they'd bring out another Space Invaders Extreme game.

RushJet
Aug 29, 2013

Barfk! Barfk!
:goatdrugs:

Kheldarn posted:

Did you like The Simpsons: Tapped Out, or the Family Guy clone Family Guy: The Quest For Stuff? Well, TinyCo, creators of Family Guy TQFS has reskinned their game, using Futurama. Presenting Futurama: Worlds Of Tomorrow.

It's currently in Beta.

I need to get into this beta :allbuttons:

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
That smiley is incredible

RushJet
Aug 29, 2013

Barfk! Barfk!
:goatdrugs:
I didn't know it had so many layers... But I don't regret what I have done

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
The Boat Pirates, which I'm fairly sure is the largest remaining goon :siren:Boom Beach:siren: clan, has just finished a major purge of inactive members and is recruiting. We have 42 out of 50 members at this stage, and are a hair's breadth away from being able to beat Stronghold (and get that one group achievement for task force ops). All levels welcome as long as you contribute, we're the Boat Pirates clan with the skull-and-crossbones motif and tagline about booty.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Kheldarn posted:

It's currently in Beta.

This looks cool at a glance... but then I started digging.

1. Requires access to phone and files (per the comments, to allow you to take phone calls during play yet ... I'm pretty positive I have other games that didn't ask for that and yet I still get calls mid game)
2. Copy and pasted review feedback on almost every post.

quote:

"Thank you for the review! We're hard at work making this the best game possible. Please get in touch with us if you experience any issues, have any feedback or suggestions, through our web portal (http://www.tinyco.com/support/) or email us at futurama-help@tinyco.com! :) Your feedback helps us make the best improvements!"
3. Somehow incompatible with all my devices (though this might be a private beta thing?)

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A port of the original Shadow Warrior is out on the Play Store.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Holy poo poo! From left field!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I'm very much in the market for chill, turn-based games of the puzzle or not-that-spergy RPG variety. Mega bonus points for not needing internet connectivity all the time.

Example: The Siralim Games

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

mrkillboy posted:

A port of the original Shadow Warrior is out on the Play Store.

Can't wait to love this and hate it at the same time.

Can we get Blood too?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Malek posted:

This looks cool at a glance... but then I started digging.

1. Requires access to phone and files (per the comments, to allow you to take phone calls during play yet ... I'm pretty positive I have other games that didn't ask for that and yet I still get calls mid game)
2. Copy and pasted review feedback on almost every post.

3. Somehow incompatible with all my devices (though this might be a private beta thing?)

If you're in the US, it says it's not available here.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

syscall girl posted:

Can we get Blood too?

:twisted: That would be amazing.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Does an old school fps work on touchscreen? Did they rebalance health?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Guns of Boom has a bad name and an even worse icon but I'm finding it to be a surprisingly decent online FPS.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

mrkillboy posted:

Guns of Boom has a bad name and an even worse icon but I'm finding it to be a surprisingly decent online FPS.

Battle Bay has the same issue with terrible name that sounds like some dev thought Boom Bay was so popular let us steal the name sort of.

Boom Bay being garbage for idiots was their fatal flaw.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Rovio makes really compelling casual games that end up being movies. Or out of movies. AB:SW was my jam for about a week when it first came out and AB:SW:theprequel just made me hate the prequels even harder somehow.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Breetai posted:

The Boat Pirates, which I'm fairly sure is the largest remaining goon :siren:Boom Beach:siren: clan, has just finished a major purge of inactive members and is recruiting. We have 42 out of 50 members at this stage, and are a hair's breadth away from being able to beat Stronghold (and get that one group achievement for task force ops). All levels welcome as long as you contribute, we're the Boat Pirates clan with the skull-and-crossbones motif and tagline about booty.

Is there a thread? The only one I saw was like a year old. I started playing this so maybe if I get to level 6 I'll apply.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

syscall girl posted:

Can we get Blood too?

Dodging all that hitscan on a touchscreen sounds about like the worst time ever

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Suicide Pacmen posted:

Dodging all that hitscan on a touchscreen sounds about like the worst time ever

Yeah I don't think FPS games really translate well.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Kiranamos posted:

Is there a thread? The only one I saw was like a year old. I started playing this so maybe if I get to level 6 I'll apply.

There was, but it's been archived.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3651874

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Has anybody else encountered this in Knights of Pen and Paper 2 Free Edition ?

Same bow, one is a higher upgrade, but has less damage? It is the same on every weapon and armor I try. Worse penalties, lower damage or damage reduction. Can't find anything on Google about it.

Yeah sometimes drops have random stats.

I beat the game today @ 20th level with 150000 gold. A bit unbalanced sinec there wasn't anything over like 3k-6k except for the "endgame" dungeons in the magazines.

I Also saw FINALLY ANTS and I used to love simant, but can't make much sense of it. It looks cool but it's pretty clunky right now and has pretty minimal UI and explanations

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 20, 2017

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Holy poo poo why does Mdickie have so many games on mobile :psyduck:

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
Does anyone have any experience playing Final Fantasy Tactics on a phone? I'm thinking of getting it but I'm worried the touch controls would be difficult to use on a small screen :ohdear:

I've got a Nexus 5x if that helps at all.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

a glitch posted:

Does anyone have any experience playing Final Fantasy Tactics on a phone? I'm thinking of getting it but I'm worried the touch controls would be difficult to use on a small screen :ohdear:

I've played it a bit on mine, 5" screen, seemed fine.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

a glitch posted:

Its fine. Onscreen buttons but gestures work too.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
In case anyone is playing Battle Bay, I setup a thread for it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3821180

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Breetai posted:

I'd played this a while back but goon interest looked like it died down in the game so I ended up bailing. I have a dumb nick in game (bdr1985) but I'm definitely interested in playing again even though I'm going to be rusty.

Sockmafia
Mar 4, 2015

Neat little Mars colony city builder. Good toilet game, doesn't seem to have a whole lot of depth.

My Colony

Should have named it My Colon.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Sockmafia posted:

Should have named it My Colon.

Yeah after playing it for more than 30 minutes, I can agree.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I'd played this a while back but goon interest looked like it died down in the game so I ended up bailing. I have a dumb nick in game (bdr1985) but I'm definitely interested in playing again even though I'm going to be rusty.

Cool! Just apply to join up and myself or someone else will let you in.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Anyone have good RPGs for flights? So, zero internet access?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockmafia
Mar 4, 2015

Yeah after playing it for more than 30 minutes, I can agree.

I was trying to be clever by alluding to you calling it a good toilet game.