Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Its "Brinks." I only know that because I designed one. :smug:

But you are right; this win probably cost Isaiah multiple millions of dollars.

Pavement made sure I only think of it as Brinx. But I will say Brinks to make you happy.

Spacebump posted:

Allen Crabbe got paid. IT will get paid.

Yeah he's gonna make a lot of money somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Cool Buff Man posted:

Pavement made sure I only think of it as Brinx. But I will say Brinks to make you happy.

Yeah he's gonna make a lot of money somewhere.

I would be overjoyed to see him in Orlando :) he is good at basketball and fun to watch. Caveat none of this applies if his hip injury is serious

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
We havn't seen dissappearing Lebron for awhile. Coasting on purpose?

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

E2M2 posted:

45 minutes of coasting for sure

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DeimosRising posted:

I would be overjoyed to see him in Orlando :) he is good at basketball and fun to watch. Caveat none of this applies if his hip injury is serious

Yeah, I hope it's not. He was grimacing and hobbling when it happened in the Wiz series and he looked weird after that. Hopefully doesn't need surgery

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

E2M2 posted:

LBJs played 1,271 NBA games and has never done an 11- point/6+ turnover game. LBJ passing the ball around the perimeter like it was a bomb about to go off. :laffo: Get that game five concession $$$.

Rabid Snake posted:

Didn't Kevin Love go red hot in the first half shooting threes? Law of averages

Yea, they shot 3P shots better than their typical game.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 05:15 on May 22, 2017

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
wow, the celtics won a game? i didn't even watch because i turned it off when the cavs were up by like 15. a casualty of "the playoffs are already decided" i guess. watched the lego batman movie instead, fun film, had its moments

Cool Buff Man posted:

Pavement made sure I only think of it as Brinx.

great band?

or the greatest band?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

RaySmuckles posted:

great band?

or the greatest band?

Either viewpoint is fair

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

LeBron is getting in some mid series rest. Playing 4d chess I tell you hwhat.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

RaySmuckles posted:

wow, the celtics won a game? i didn't even watch because i turned it off when the cavs were up by like 15. a casualty of "the playoffs are already decided" i guess. watched the lego batman movie instead, fun film, had its moments

great band?

or the greatest band?

Not even the best band featuring members of Pavement

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Cool Buff Man posted:

Either viewpoint is fair

:hfive:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Who the hell are any of these bands? Y'all talking some of that ska poo poo or something

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Who the hell are any of these bands? Y'all talking some of that ska poo poo or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq4JGSxMzms

pure genius

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I could've gotten home a half hour earlier and seen this but yeah the way this playoffs has gone made me think "eh, it's over" when I saw the lead.

Zogo posted:

Driving in Chicago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OvhOIu-8HA

Guns in Chicago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECGCoo3Ogxg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz2OYRZwApQ

Traffic stop in Chicago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcb1VCkFll4

Buying a TV in Chicago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNInI3XsRNQ

Someone could've made a lot of money betting on Cavs/Warriors starting 24-0. A team could start the playoffs 13-0.

April 2018

I enjoyed these videos although I couldn't help but wonder what would've happened in Arizona where both sides could've been legally armed and legally within their rights to kill the other.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

I mean nobody did believe in the Celtics and they did a pretty cool thing, I'm glad Jerebko said it. Kiss my grits!

I believed in the comeback after deron williams went out from the third hit and jerebko nailed a shot

the NBA has very well written game narratives (even if they can be somewhat repetitive)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
THE JET SAVER SAVED GUY DEPUY'S FRAUD rear end I'M PISSED

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

xbilkis posted:

The Celtics can definitely play with an underdog chip on their shoulders in this series, but it does lose its narrative value after you've heard stuff like this

https://twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/864586007395565568

nobody believed the celtics could have beaten a .500 Bulls team consisting of jimmy butler, rajon rondo, the corpse of dwyane wade dressed by rajon rondo as norman bates's mother, a bearded guy that makes almost 30% of his threes, most of which are taken from halfcourt for no apparent reason, a rookie guard with dwyane wade's knees, a french big man who might be a puppet built by michel gondry, a former rookie of the year who plays horse by calling "anywhere in the entire arena but the hoop," a coach who is spending all of his time during his timeouts on the phone with columbia house in a legal dispute over some laser discs, a secret isaiah thomas stopper who has been preparing for the playoffs by literally not playing any minutes for like three months, they shocked the world, congrats to the 1-seed celtics

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 05:58 on May 22, 2017

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Pavement was an indie rock band who released a few critically respected albums in the mid 90s. I'd link the Brinx Job song but it'd be a bad first impression of the band. It'd be like saying "whoa you've never heard of Wu Tang? You gotta check this out." then playing one of the skits from between the songs. Here's a haunting photograph for the finals

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

EvanTH posted:

I believed in the comeback after deron williams went out from the third hit and jerebko nailed a shot

the NBA has very well written game narratives (even if they can be somewhat repetitive)

what if the writers guild strikes during finals? can you imagine

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

Pavement was an indie rock band who released a few critically respected albums in the mid 90s. I'd link the Brinx Job song but it'd be a bad first impression of the band. It'd be like saying "whoa you've never heard of Wu Tang? You gotta check this out." then playing one of the skits from between the songs. Here's a haunting photograph for the finals

Hey, we got the money. Hooo. Ideally you'd introduce people with Brinx Job and Best Friend's Arm.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

should be clutching his ankle, imo

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Here are my Pavement hot takes:

Malkmus is a whiny bitch and Stockton is a cesspool.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
https://twitter.com/rodger_sherman/status/866497712275042308

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Spite posted:

pretty sure everyone knows malkmus is a disagreeable, narcissistic shithead

but who cares? the music was good

also pavement is really more of a new york city band

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

see who hes on that list with? mamba mentality bitch

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

R.D. Mangles posted:

nobody believed the celtics could have beaten a .500 Bulls team consisting of jimmy butler, rajon rondo, the corpse of dwyane wade dressed by rajon rondo as norman bates's mother, a bearded guy that makes almost 30% of his threes, most of which are taken from halfcourt for no apparent reason, a rookie guard with dwyane wade's knees, a french big man who might be puppet built my michel gondry, a former rookie of the year who plays horse by calling "anywhere in the entire arena but the hoop," a coach who is spending all of his time during his timeouts on the phone with columbia house in a legal dispute over some laser discs, a secret isaiah thomas stopper who has been preparing for the playoffs by literally not playing any minutes for like three months, they shocked the world, congrats to the 1-seed celtics

firstly, lmao, but in the other hand the Celtics are talking about me specifically because I believed the Bulls would beat the Celtics same as I believed the Spurs would beat the Warriors and in both cases came out with the strong moral victory

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

So which one of you guys was this?

Brian Windhorst posted:

"LeBron got peeved at heckling fan after game. LeBron asked what fan had done. Dude replied: "I played at Hiram College." Emotions were raw in the moment but the guy's liquid courage was pretty hilarious. He was removed from arena shouting his college stats."

Redgrendel2001 fucked around with this message at 06:30 on May 22, 2017

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Spite posted:

i hope the diaz brothers slap the poo poo out of you

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

nobody believed the celtics could have beaten a .500 Bulls team consisting of jimmy butler, rajon rondo, the corpse of dwyane wade dressed by rajon rondo as norman bates's mother, a bearded guy that makes almost 30% of his threes, most of which are taken from halfcourt for no apparent reason, a rookie guard with dwyane wade's knees, a french big man who might be a puppet built by michel gondry, a former rookie of the year who plays horse by calling "anywhere in the entire arena but the hoop," a coach who is spending all of his time during his timeouts on the phone with columbia house in a legal dispute over some laser discs, a secret isaiah thomas stopper who has been preparing for the playoffs by literally not playing any minutes for like three months, they shocked the world, congrats to the 1-seed celtics

I don't know why a good portion of their teams, fanbase always play this crap of being the "underdog". Hell ESPN picked them to win Game 1 via some stats method they used. (I think the series as well, though I could be wrong). ESPN loves them, and gives air time to much of their media personalities. For some unknown reason? They have a significant amount of sports bloggers out there too annoying the poo poo out of people.

This isn't like Milwaukee or something.

I hope to christ cavs fans aren't doing this poo poo in the year 2017 all things considered. If we are? Please kick our asses. The only team who's fanbase share a legit grievance right now would be the Browns, and their stupidity is actually worthy of being mocked at this point.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

man you made dozens of posts about sports without asking for sympathy for being a browns fan, a cleveland sports record but now its over. the end of an era

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Marcus Smart 👏cut 👏 his 👏 hair 💇‍♂️💈🏀😊 For The Playoffs
Everyone knows
Shumpert has braids
Gerald Green has braids
It's a new day

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm sorry about your team but nobody really cares about that series anymore. The one win tonight means the Celtics won the NBA finals. Just get used to it.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

man you made dozens of posts about sports without asking for sympathy for being a browns fan, a cleveland sports record but now its over. the end of an era

Oh i did.

I was a douche bag. I'll own that poo poo. Kinda what I implied in it.

I saw the cavs win a title in person in downtown cleveland, and I saw the tribe come within an inning of winning the world series in a year I didn't think they'd make it past the divisional round. Can't really use the "woe is us" poo poo any more save for...again, the Browns. (Who I'll probably bitch about until they start stumbling upon .500 records or something).

But I'd eye roll at anyone at this point, with this team declare the cavs "underdogs" or "no one believed in them". cuz they sure as poo poo ain't any of those and havn't been since June of last year. No reason for that anymore. None.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 06:50 on May 22, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I mean the Cavs are still underdogs to the Warriors.

But that's p much it.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
they're 12:1 underdog to win the championship.

Face it, we are all living under the tyranny of GSW.

plus LeBron might finally be hurt. it's the end!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

IcePhoenix posted:

Wolves should trade Rubio

how dare u

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
For some reason I'm actually pretty upset that LeBron had a bad game. I wanted him to go 35/11/11 through the conference finals and have Boston fold their franchise.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Much the same way Russell Westbrook blew a 3-1 lead in the Western Conference Finals, so shall Lebron.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The lesson here: IT is a fraud and needs to be traded so Boston can succeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
The first playoff game I skip in two weeks, so of course it's not a blowout. God damnit. On the flip side — I can watch it now.

• Locked thread