Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

TheKingofSprings posted:

Who is Trump in this analogy

Getting the support of the masses by telling them that he would make everything all better, but actually just serving the culinary 1%, while also having a disturbing relationship with his blonde daughter? Pretty obvious that it's Azami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
not orange enough and also doesn't have the palette of a 5 year old

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Gyges posted:

Getting the support of the masses by telling them that he would make everything all better, but actually just serving the culinary 1%, while also having a disturbing relationship with his blonde daughter? Pretty obvious that it's Azami.

Can't wait for the Azami/Jouichiro battle where Azami serves the judges a well done steak with ketchup. The reaction will be an eagle majestically landing in front of them and a screech that will blow away all their clothes. :patriot:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Can't wait for the Azami/Jouichiro battle where Azami serves the judges a well done steak with ketchup. The reaction will be an eagle majestically landing in front of them and a screech that will blow away all their clothes. :patriot:

The eagle is actually Dojima in a bird costume

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Who is Trump in this analogy

Isn't​ Azami's whole platform basically that?

Compendium posted:

not orange enough and also doesn't have the palette of a 5 year old

He's got the temperament to match tho.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TheKingofSprings posted:

The eagle is actually Dojima in a bird costume

Dojima but with Birdperson suit. GET ME ALL THE MONEY

deadicons
Sep 9, 2011
I would say that Trump would actually be Soma is this instance. A dumb rear end who knows just enough to get people to listen to him, and probably will gently caress it up once he gets into power. Azami seems to me to be more Hillary. You know some one who got in power less on their own merit and more because of backroom deals, also has most of the rest of the establishment ignoring the borderline illegal activities they did. Of course the only reason this line of thought came up is because it is bash the republican season.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao no

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Have you read the manga? Soma is Very Good at what he does and at getting the right people to help him when he needs it. He's confident, sure, but it is not unearned. Between Staggiare and the Moon Banquest Festival, I don't know how you could have gotten that impression of him this far into the manga.

I'll leave that Hillary/Azami bit alone because Yikes.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Souma just likes to fight. He respects everyone and just like to cook.

He is cooking Goku

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

Souma just likes to fight. He respects everyone and just like to cook.

He is cooking Goku

And much like Goku he gets way too much focus

E: Goku had the decency to at least die periodically and let other people do stuff

Froggycleric
May 11, 2013

Don't sully his love with imagined reasons.
Does flailing uselessly until Goku gets there count as doing something?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Shokugeki no Soma: Cooking Goku

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Shokugeki no Soma is Cooking Goku, Toriko is cooking Goku.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Shokugeki no Soma is Cooking Goku, Toriko is cooking Goku.

So who is Cooking goku?

deadicons
Sep 9, 2011

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Have you read the manga? Soma is Very Good at what he does and at getting the right people to help him when he needs it. He's confident, sure, but it is not unearned. Between Staggiare and the Moon Banquest Festival, I don't know how you could have gotten that impression of him this far into the manga.

I'll leave that Hillary/Azami bit alone because Yikes.

So don't insult the god-queen/ real president? Got it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

deadicons posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=269

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
After this tournament we will enter the Christmas flashback arc

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

deadicons posted:

can we all stop talking about loving politics in the food comic zone holy poo poo

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I thought I'd stepped into USPol for a sec

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Patware posted:

can we all stop talking about loving politics in the food comic zone holy poo poo
Thank you!

Also remember what has been said:

※ This is a cooking manga.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

still the best character

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

deadicons posted:

I would say that Trump would actually be Soma is this instance. A dumb rear end who knows just enough to get people to listen to him, and probably will gently caress it up once he gets into power. Azami seems to me to be more Hillary. You know some one who got in power less on their own merit and more because of backroom deals, also has most of the rest of the establishment ignoring the borderline illegal activities they did. Of course the only reason this line of thought came up is because it is bash the republican season.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:qq:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It was neat how Nene lost and I hope they introduce new and exciting ways for people to win.

I am unironic about that, I want more Iron Jan-like shenanigans.

Like addictive drug mushroom soup, or making a dish that makes your opponent's dish taste greasy and unappetizing.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I just want more business showdowns because those are the ones that let people adapt in the middle of a match

The problem with these fights is they're essentially both combatants throwing their strongest punch and that's it. One punch can win for narrative reasons but there many fights where the cooks adapt on the fly (Souma vs. Mimasaka is the only one coming to mind right now).

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's all about teamwork, they said, setting the stage for 3 1-on-1 battles in a row.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Isshiki telling Nene that Souma was gonna win was actually teamwork because it gave Souma a +2 Taste Factor buff.

Aug 24, 2011

if your dish kills the judge they can't taste your opponents dish and you win by default

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Iron Wok Jan had a dude whose occupation was literally food assassin.

Though he never actually killed anyone with his food.

He did get a bunch of gangsters to eat his food, which made them incapable of stopping themselves from eating, and then replaced the food with garbage, and they were forced to eat it.

Aug 24, 2011

3rd seat better not be a jobber

also want to see mimasaka(?) take down the 1st seat

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family

where the red fern gropes posted:

if your dish kills the judge they can't taste your opponents dish and you win by default

Killing the judge is a legitimate strategy in Yakitate!! so it might just work in SnS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF-bYdb1LVI&t=610s

tobeannouncd fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 24, 2017

Aug 24, 2011

MajorMarcus posted:

Killing the judge is a legitimate strategy in Yakitate!! so it might just work in SnS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF-bYdb1LVI&t=621s

it says it's unavailable :(

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family

where the red fern gropes posted:

it says it's unavailable :(

might be country locked. try here: https://www.youpak.com/watch?v=xF-bYdb1LVI and go to 10m10s

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
http://manga.fascans.com/manga/shokugeki-no-soma/216/1

Chapter is up

Aug 24, 2011

3rd seat really better not job this one, we havent seen him do anything yet

it would be hilarious if rebels won all 3 first round, all 3 second round, then 1st seat shows up ready to take everyone down but then the rules say his team already lost

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Owned

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Good chapter.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

isshiki didn't even look at the other fool's bullshit

throw it in the garbage with a spinning motion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Isshiki is essentially the Yamata no Orochi based on how he's represented.