Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Sombody please read this Psychology Today article on Sheldon Cooper for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Powaqoatse posted:

The few episodes I've seen make Sheldon seem like a total douchebag and I guess the others are only "friends" with him because they're socially maladjusted idiots too.

Well maybe he isn't done yet :colbert:

Characters like this, and THE OFFICE's Michael Scott before, are such relentless cunts that the not only tolerance they receive but outright acceptence serves only to make the otherwise likable characters around them also contemptuous. Sheldon is in all ways and in all situations rude, crude, and dismissive as he feels astronomically superior to literally every human being he has met or can meet, and the blanket condoning of which by his apologist friends makes everyone look ugly af. Eccentricity seems to be freely exchangeable with psychopathy in comedy.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Powaqoatse posted:

The few episodes I've seen make Sheldon seem like a total douchebag and I guess the others are only "friends" with him because they're socially maladjusted idiots too.

I haven't watched any of the BBT since the first or second season a decade ago, but from what I remember Sheldon was a genuinely tolerant and giving person when he wasn't held back by his mental condition.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

It's so many paragraphs of nothing being said.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 13:00 on May 22, 2017

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

cvnvcnv posted:

Sheldon is in all ways and in all situations rude, crude, and dismissive as he feels astronomically superior to literally every human being he has met or can meet, and the blanket condoning of which by his apologist friends makes everyone look ugly af. Eccentricity seems to be freely exchangeable with psychopathy in comedy.

A scene where a noisy child interrupts Sheldon on the phone, his kicking of said child and subsequent demolition by irate parent would be just :allears:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

all that trailer makes me think about is how Young Sheldon's sister looks exactly like Trixie from Problem Child 2

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

cvnvcnv posted:

Characters like this, and THE OFFICE's Michael Scott before, are such relentless cunts that the not only tolerance they receive but outright acceptance serves only to make the otherwise likable characters around them also contemptuous. Sheldon is in all ways and in all situations rude, crude, and dismissive as he feels astronomically superior to literally every human being he has met or can meet, and the blanket condoning of which by his apologist friends makes everyone look ugly af. Eccentricity seems to be freely exchangeable with psychopathy in comedy.

I'm glad it's not just me, then. I know so many people who love that show and they all think he's charming and eccentric and "tells it like it is".

I've only ever seen snippets of the show in passing and Sheldon just seems like a massively socially maladjusted, hateful piece of poo poo.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

A scene where a noisy child interrupts Sheldon on the phone, his kicking of said child and subsequent demolition by irate parent would be just :allears:

Maybe while he's waiting in line at a fast food place, maybe?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Chase that dream.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

i got a bit in and it was just really boring and bad. I'm not gonna finish reading that article, and I encourage others to not even start reading it

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The MSJ posted:

Diana was a bit confused that day when Steve said they should give thanks to the soldiers who fought in the war.

Handy compilation of WW posters

https://twitter.com/Jenkllens/status/866488500798889985

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Guy Goodbody posted:

i got a bit in and it was just really boring and bad. I'm not gonna finish reading that article, and I encourage others to not even start reading it

Same but your posts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKS3MGriZcs

And a shocking funny Utub comment

If Big Bang Theory was actually filmed in front of a live studio audience.

:o:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

The MSJ posted:

Diana was a bit confused that day when Steve said they should give thanks to the soldiers who fought in the war.

So far, this is the only poster for the film that I actually find somewhat interesting to look at. The lack of determination on Wonder Woman's face is really confusing, though. Why does she seem so distracted?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

She probably forgot why she picked that tank up.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

And More posted:

So far, this is the only poster for the film that I actually find somewhat interesting to look at. The lack of determination on Wonder Woman's face is really confusing, though. Why does she seem so distracted?

Because then she wouldn't look sexy, since feminine sexuality is equated to vulnerability in our culture.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Glazier posted:

Because then she wouldn't look sexy, since feminine sexuality is equated to vulnerability in our culture.

There's an argument to be made for like, the posters for the Resident Evil or Underworld movies. They usually show Milla Jovovich or Kate Beckinsale in an active pose or holding lots of guns, but still making a sexy face or having their mouth slightly open. Their badassness is matched with a sexyness that isn't seen with male action stars.

But in that Wonder Woman poster she seriously looks like she's not sure why she picked the tank up or what she's going to do with it now.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Maybe Gal Gadot is just not very good at emoting

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Vegetable posted:

Maybe Gal Gadot is just not very good at emoting

She isn't very good at acting so yeah.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I like the idea but that title treatment is kind of unreadable to me

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

How To Girls Talk To Girls At Parties

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

How To Write Understandable Movie Poster Copy

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Not exactly a poster but get hyped for the new Cinematic Dark Universe

Dr. Jekyll, Frankenstein, Tom Cruise as Tom Cruise (or Van Helsing?), The Invisible Man, The Mummy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's like they knew people didn't want to see Johnny Depp anymore.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
It looks like they forgot to photoshop a cane for Russell Crowe or something.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

's Monster

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It's actually just Fronkensteen. (But yeah he's the monster, my bad)

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

His name is Adam Prometheus Frankenstein and he wants to go to Business School. Don't judge.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Cage posted:

That's exactly what i was going to post.

Either that or he's holding the Invisible Man's cane.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Dillbag posted:

That's exactly what i was going to post.

Either that or he's holding the Invisible Man's cane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evx_Ps85yu8

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Sir Kodiak posted:

's Monster

This is rude, you know? He's a man, okay, he's a man. How would you like it if people called you "Sir Kodiak's Monster"?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Those movies are going to bomb so loving hard.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Taintrunner posted:

Those movies are going to bomb so loving hard.

Tom Cruise alone will carry The Mummy into ok to good numbers and they'll keep pumping them out. Should they slip they can go for the Hail Mary and tie them to Fast & Furious. That's Universal too, right?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

They could actually make them mid budget horror films that would easily make their money back and more but they seem to be going the blockbuster route which means every film needs to be insanely popular to make any money.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

Cage posted:

If you hadn't posted this, I wouldn't even have realized he wasn't.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

FreudianSlippers posted:

They could actually make them mid budget horror films that would easily make their money back and more but they seem to be going the blockbuster route which means every film needs to be insanely popular to make any money.

They went that route with the Dracula movie that everybody hated. It made a lot overseas so they still probably did well, but if your only goal is to make money going big is probably the better play.

I thought the trailers for the Mummy looked kind of interesting but once I found out Crowe was some kind of universe-spanning villain I stopped caring

morestuff fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 22, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The MCU was a fun idea in phase 1, but god drat has it poisoned the hell out of Hollywood.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Tom Cruise alone will carry The Mummy into ok to good numbers and they'll keep pumping them out. Should they slip they can go for the Hail Mary and tie them to Fast & Furious. That's Universal too, right?

F&F is destined to crossover with the Riddick universe

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I saw an extended trailer that made it look like the plot of The Mummy is going to be Tom Cruise teams up with Dr. Jekyll to fight the Mummy, but then Jekyll goes all Hyde and Tom Cruise has to team up with the Mummy to fight him

And if that's the case, I'm on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You can tell if a movie is going to be good by how much Tom Cruise runs in it and everything I've seen from The Mummy shows that he runs a lot in it. The plot sounds bananas and awesome at the same time.