Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

MikeCrotch posted:

STRONG AND STABLE
STRONG AND STABLE
STRONG AND STABLE

Headstrong and unstable

Edit: Failing to successfully u turn on a manifesto commitment three weeks before an election. loving hell, May is a mess.

namesake fucked around with this message at 13:09 on May 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Ughh
Why isnt it so easy
Why cant I just repeat brexit like I did before and win
Why do I have to act like a stateswoman"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/daraobriain/status/866604162443653121

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Rigged Death Trap posted:

"Ughh
Why isnt it so easy
Why cant I just repeat brexit like I did before and win
Why do I have to act like a stateswoman"

Theresa May backed remain :ssh:

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
God I hope she's just as shaken up tonight with Andrew Neil, he'll tear holes in the lot of them.

Also really hoping Jeremy doesn't play his usual huffy grandpa routine and actually comes out with an answer when asked about labour's spending plans. Angela Rayner was confronted with the deficit issue on question time last week and had no kind of economic answer, which is mind boggling to me.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Lol

https://twitter.com/JamesTapsfield/status/866617783924260864

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

MikeCrotch posted:

Hmm, let's take a look at these "Labour Uncut" chaps/chapettes and see if they might have an agenda...

They're a loving joke, they think they will gain 4 MPs in Scotland just 'because', and they go on to explain that the Union is the only issue in Scottish politics and all anybody cares about. Firstly that's total bollocks, and secondly the only line of attack that SLab ever use against Sturgeon is that all she talks about is independence. Talk about being tone deaf.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Full video of Theresa May answering questions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgGDikcjRxI

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Are you actually going to post about anything other than ignoring pissflaps this month?

I dunno, are people gonna start?

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011

Oberleutnant posted:

Man, she looks desperate and frustrated

I can't find the tweets, but apparently May actually is terribly awkward and nervous. There's the 'May pause' before she starts any speech, where she has to force herself to start talking.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

mediadave posted:

but you can still say the IRA were a terrorist group. I mean, they literally were.

Except that "Terrorist Group" is a massively loaded term that basically just means "people we don't like".

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

TheRat posted:

Full video of Theresa May answering questions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgGDikcjRxI
7:40 for when she loses her poo poo and starts shouting

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Ewan posted:

7:40 for when she loses her poo poo and starts shouting

Why doesn't it apply if you die of cancer? Is it only applying to certain types of care?

Edit: Ah it's care in your own home. So you could move into an NHS hospice and not pay a penny?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Why doesn't it apply if you die of cancer? Is it only applying to certain types of care?

Cancer is quick. Dementia is slow.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I don't know the finer details but I guess cancer treatment (chemo, etc, even palliative care) is something that is covered by normal NHS funds, doesn't count as "social care", whereas if you have dementia / alzheimers etc you need either at-home care or to live into a nursing home both of which are phenomenally expensive and not currently funded by the NHS.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

TheRat posted:

lol she mad as heck

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
The government is making so many unforced errors it's actually amazing. The Tories clearly went in to this election with no plan on how to win, just an assumption that they would regardless of what happened in the campaign.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they lost seats, and if someone said that to me a week ago I would have called them an idiot.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm so happy that my guess after may had been in office a few weeks that she had no idea how to do anything, is coming true.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I know hope is a lie etc etc, but I'm starting to get the feeling Corbyn might be able to pull this off. May keeps shooting herself in the foot and even diehard Tory voters seem to be turning against her.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

SteelMentor posted:

I know hope is a lie etc etc, but I'm starting to get the feeling Corbyn might be able to pull this off. May keeps shooting herself in the foot and even diehard Tory voters seem to be turning against her.

lol

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

TheRat posted:

Cancer is quick. Dementia is slow.

Not necessarily. I knew someone who took about 3 years to die of cancer, mostly being cared for at home (which is also where she died).

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

SteelMentor posted:

Nah the polls will be closing slowly now, Labour has got most of the waverers already. Whether that translates into rich pensioners actually going out to vote for themselves to lose their homes or not wont be known until the day.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I can see a lower turnout among olds and a better turnout among the young making it not as bad as everyone feared at the beginning. There'll probably be a bunch of old people who won't vote for Corbyn but don't want to lose their winter fuel allowance.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I expect the polls to widen again by next weekend.

Baron Corbyn posted:

I can see a lower turnout among olds and a better turnout among the young making it not as bad as everyone feared at the beginning. There'll probably be a bunch of old people who won't vote for Corbyn but don't want to lose their winter fuel allowance.

Anticipating reduced turnout among the old coupled with high turnout from the young seems exceptionally unlikely.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

SteelMentor posted:

Let's not go mad, a complete disaster for the Tories in this election is going to be if only win by 10% of the vote.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I expect Labour to win because Pissflaps thinks they won't.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If the Tory majority stays exactly where it is then I will :lol:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Cerebral Bore posted:

I expect Labour to win because Pissflaps thinks they won't.

The only electoral decision I've ever called wrong was Brexit, along with almost everyone else in the world.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Baron Corbyn posted:

The old will vote and the young won't. Any strategy or scenario that relies on any other outcome is just fantasy.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I've heard some old upper crust types with no sympathy for Labour and a lot of experience of politics talking endlessly about this election as a mirror of the 1974 snap election, which came a year after 1973 election (and just after Britain's entry into Europe), and was the tory party under Edward Heath trying to stamp their foot down and cement their rule rule by increasing their majority. Meanwhile Labour were off running a radical manifesto, and eventually won by a hair, forming the 1974-79 Labour ministry out of a hung parliament.

So there are some nice parallels there, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

communism bitch fucked around with this message at 13:48 on May 22, 2017

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Surely thats a parallel rather than a mirror?

:pissflaps:

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

mediadave posted:

Can we get a full transcript? It still isn't an improvement, if that prevarication was the answer to a question on whether the IRA were a terrorist organisation.

I find it odd the fact that Jeremy Corbyn endorsed the bravery of those on both sides against who were standing up to those who wanted to continue armed conflict and condemned bombings and killings done by both sides is somehow a bad thing.

The people who think it's important to only condemn the IRA need to rethink.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Rumour has it there's an "interesting" poll coming out of Wales today.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

TheRat posted:

Surprise win for the SNP.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Lord of the Llamas posted:

The people who think it's important to only condemn the IRA need to rethink.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

TheRat posted:

And ...

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The other 3%?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Take that provincials, two - one to engerluuund.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

And I don't know. But they made it sound like it was a bit of a shocker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TheRat posted:

Please be Plaid domination

• Locked thread