Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He taught Brendon so many life lessons :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Data Graham posted:

"Make a shiv."
"How do you do that?
"I don't know. Find stuff. Make it."

Important lessons for anyone going to prison, really.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Data Graham posted:

And what you do is you open a bottle of wine - or in your case Brendon, probably a beer.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Spaghetti time.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
DVD PLAYER!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"Oh wow, lot of activity in the VB thread, Doc or Jackson must've said something about having finished the scripts for season 7 or...nope, Home Movies quotes, that's how little is going on with this show."

(James Urbaniak posted a photo of him and Jackson outside Titmouse last month; things are happening.)

Sash! posted:

"Make a shiv."
"How do you do that?
"I don't know. Find stuff. Make it."

Important lessons for anyone going to prison, really.

I'm going to give you a tattoo. Three teardrops, under your eye.

No one will touch you.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I have a cow, a cheese cow on my arm, Brendon. Don’t get a tattoo, that’s what I’m telling you. Play soccer.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

There's an appropriate McGuirk quote for most of life's experiences.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tatsuta Age posted:

"New York Times?! NEW YORK TIMES?!"

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Tatsuta Age posted:

Hey, ladies, uh, my name is John McGuirk. I, uh, am a professional soccer coach at the elementary school level and I own a nice car though I do not currently have legal access to it. Um, as you can see, I used to be in good shape and, uh, in the last two years I’ve successfully completed four out of five rehab programs. The kind of woman I’m interested in is the one, I guess, who’s still watching this video.

There are volumes of truth in that bolded section.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

watching s6 again and that is totally Trump at Sirena's party

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Machai posted:

watching s6 again and that is totally Trump at Sirena's party

Yeah, I think they mentioned it in the commentary, didn't they?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah, I just watched the commentaries a few weeks ago. They said they animated him before he announced his big to run, and that "he has no place in our show" or something like that.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
"World Domination? I'll leave that to the religious nuts and the Republicans thank you"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Isn't Wide Wale's place in Trump Tower?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Also from the commentary, yes it is. That's the reason why Trump appears in the episode.

EDIT: Or at least, they say that Wide Whale's tower is in the same place that Trump's tower would be in that world.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

What's the name of the track from this show's soundtrack that is really jaunty and goofy, and used towards the end of various episodes? I tried looking through the published soundtracks and can't find it.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I wore my I [Venture Bros Logo] NY shirt and got a ton of comments and attention over it today. Maybe it's a sign.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Nichael posted:

What's the name of the track from this show's soundtrack that is really jaunty and goofy, and used towards the end of various episodes? I tried looking through the published soundtracks and can't find it.

This one? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UVOdrXEwi9I

Not sure the title

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I think that was an extra track on the sound track. I think I had it as invistld.mp3 or something like that when I made it my phone ring tone.

E: I don't know if that's an official track name or if I just made it up, it was probably 10 years ago

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Capn Beeb posted:

You told her I was handsome?

White, you love that headboard!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

That's not it unfortunately. It's not on the published soundtracks as far as I know.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Nichael posted:

Could you give us some examples of which episodes it shows up?

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
It's on Volume 2 of the soundtrack that was just released like last year. It's called Optimistic Space Travel.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

IUG posted:

Also from the commentary, yes it is. That's the reason why Trump appears in the episode.

EDIT: Or at least, they say that Wide Whale's tower is in the same place that Trump's tower would be in that world.

It's the Trump International Hotel tho, not Trump Tower

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
What, are you waiting for Jacob Riis to take your picture?

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?
drat it adult swim you didn't make good on your commercial cut cards I didn't hold my breath though.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Just started watching the Filmation He-Man and it's kinda obvious that Monarch's speech patterns and voice are based at least partially on Skeletor's, especially during season 1

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
This thread needs to talk more about the fact that the president of the United States acquired the Orb yesterday.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Yeah, but it's broken, so they were just pretending.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Omnomnomnivore posted:

This thread needs to talk more about the fact that the president of the United States acquired the Orb yesterday.

https://twitter.com/jacksonpublick/status/866715951126859776

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

How is Jackson not a verified account? Laziness?

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Maybe he's not famous enough for it? Also, I don't think that's his real name the way that Doc Hammer is for his counterpart.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

X_Toad posted:

Maybe he's not famous enough for it? Also, I don't think that's his real name the way that Doc Hammer is for his counterpart.

It isn't. His name is Christopher McCullock.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Nichael posted:

are you talking about zoom zoom ZOOM zoom zoooooom, or doot doot doodily doot-doot, doot doot doodily doot

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

boner confessor posted:

are you talking about zoom zoom ZOOM zoom zoooooom, or doot doot doodily doot-doot, doot doot doodily doot

I'm pretty sure that's on the soundtrack. Though my record player is acting funky so I can't figure out which it is.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
Dark Horse has a Comic Con panel scheduled for the art book, so that seems likely to actually come out. https://graphicpolicy.com/2017/07/09/dark-horse-announces-san-diego-comic-con-2017-programming-schedule/

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

X_Toad posted:

Pro Smash Bros Melee players are famous enough, you'd think he would be also.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

You have to apply to be verified, so he probably just doesn't care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I cannot only be me, but does the new Spider-Man animated show remind anyone else of Venture Bros?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gihocc_ObBA