Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I don't know if it means anything but this appears to be a homage (?) to a garbage pail kids card. Can't remember which one, though some of the them were done by Art Spiegelman of Maus fame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Bicyclops posted:

Seriously, what could Trump even do at this point?

Sell Alaska back to Russia perhaps. ("Alaska, you're fired!")

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Duckbag posted:

Most people don't really know any trans people (that they know of) and not everyone spends their time discussing gender identity on the internet. Jumping down people's throats for every stupid question asked in innocent ignorance is not a good look.

Not taking 5 seconds to read a twitter bio is also a bad look

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Caption for the orb picture: 3 figureheads of illegitimate regimes, none of whom won a popular election to get their position.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Cat Mattress posted:

Sell Alaska back to Russia perhaps. ("Alaska, you're fired!")

sell it to canada

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Scaramouche posted:

I don't know if it means anything but this appears to be a homage (?) to a garbage pail kids card. Can't remember which one, though some of the them were done by Art Spiegelman of Maus fame.

correct

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Here's the link if you need to have this print:

E: and how about this delightful tote bag:

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 09:54 on May 22, 2017

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jurgan posted:

Wait, is Zelda straight? Up until now, this comic had a real "everyone is a lesbian" vibe.

Zelda has two lesbian friends, everyone else is straight (at least for the moment).

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Some more from the same artist:

Possibly :nms:https://society6.com/product/pin-the-trump_print#s6-6227500p4a1v45:nms:
:nws:https://society6.com/product/trumped-elephant_print#s6-4587560p4a1v45:nws:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Duckbag posted:

Most people don't really know any trans people (that they know of) and not everyone spends their time discussing gender identity on the internet. Jumping down people's throats for every stupid question asked in innocent ignorance is not a good look.
:qqsay:

Honestly if you're even aware that SA is a place that exists then there's a pretty reasonable chance that you're perfectly capable of finding quick and easy answers to 101 level poo poo. Being a patronising gently caress and treating trans people as inherently exotic and unknowable is a super mega ultra bad look, buddy.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

HAT FETISH posted:

Honestly if you're even aware that SA is a place that exists then there's a pretty reasonable chance that you're perfectly capable of finding quick and easy answers to 101 level poo poo.
Being a patronising gently caress and treating trans people as inherently exotic and unknowable is a super mega ultra bad look, buddy.

It truly is...something awful.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

WE want ORB toons! [clap clap clapclapclap]

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

let's say jedit is so mentally handicapped he doesn't realize you can click on twitter links. you not only have the twitter handle being chelsea, you have her picture which is very clearly meant to help her present as a woman. jedit is a moron

the whole reason her @ has xy in it is to show the uselessness of the term "biological male" btw

Using ableism to call out other bigotry, nice.

Captain Aardvark
Dec 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

WE want ORB toons! [clap clap clapclapclap]

Mike Collins from 2000AD, DC comics and plenty more

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Captain Aardvark posted:

Mike Collins from 2000AD, DC comics and plenty more

:perfect:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Don't get me wrong I'm a lovely Muslim but what actually are they doing in that picture?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Flipswitch posted:

Don't get me wrong I'm a lovely Muslim but what actually are they doing in that picture?

Taking a very poorly thought out photo.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Are you saying that holding a glowing earth globe like a two bit bond villain is not one of the tenets of Islam?
Next you'll tell me that neither is maniacal laughing and revealing dastardly plots.

E: just occurred to me that the bad guy in Puma man is more competent than Trump.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 14:28 on May 22, 2017

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

A formula for the representation of Israel in the Trump visit
"I just love big-mouthed 70 year old Americans"

Who's the woman? I see some sort of logo on her shirt?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Model Bar refaeli.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-05-19/trumps-big-league-middle-east-trip-through-eyes-israeli-satirist posted:

In the cartoon, Refaeli purrs in Hebrew: "I can't resist a 70-year-old American with a big mouth." (In real life, the supermodel tagged along with rocker Steven Tyler during his recent visit to Israel.)

There's some more Trump cartoons and explanations at that page.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 14:32 on May 22, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Flipswitch posted:

From what I understand they all touched together a novelty lamp shaped like a representation of the Earth to turn it on; and it was in the middle of something that supposedly is an anti-terrorist propaganda center or something. The desired symbol was one of a world united in a fight against terrorism, I presume. Instead it ended up looking like a weird occult ritual by a bunch of power-hungry despots in a Bond villain base.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Cat Mattress posted:

From what I understand they all touched together a novelty lamp shaped like a representation of the Earth to turn it on; and it was in the middle of something that supposedly is an anti-terrorist propaganda center or something. The desired symbol was one of a world united in a fight against terrorism, I presume. Instead it ended up looking like a weird occult ritual by a bunch of power-hungry despots in a Bond villain base.
It's really really hard for me to believe that that's not the image they were aiming for, also concerning the design of the room itself.

Unless this picture is a fake or touched up or something. I have seen major news sites comment about the orb touching picture but not this one.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Model Bar refaeli.

There's some more Trump cartoons and explanations at that page.
Wait. That's loving Uri Fink?

Holy poo poo. I actually found a counter-example to "every long-running Political Cartoonist went utterly creatively bankrupt in the 21st century". Probably because Fink is not primarily a political cartoonist.

Not saying that it's an exceptionally detailed or interesting art-style, but compared to the sterile poser abominations he'd put out in the 2000's...

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Yup, in a sane world we'd see more of him in this thread and none of Kirchen.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Flipswitch posted:

I had to look it up too because it as weirding me out. Apparently the orb is a globe and that was all part of some opening for the Global Center for Combating Extremist Ideology, which is probably I assume a think tank designed to destroy capitalism.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

FishBulb posted:

I had to look it up too because it as weirding me out. Apparently the orb is a globe and that was all part of some opening for the Global Center for Combating Extremist Ideology, which is probably I assume a think tank designed to destroy capitalism.

I agree with others saying the location being filmed is most likely either 1. a meaningless set put together for the event or 2. a (massively overbuilt, because saudi arabia) electronic propaganda center.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Looks like a command and conquer base for the cutscenes.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Flipswitch posted:

Looks like a command and conquer base for the cutscenes.

Where's Kane when you need him.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's really really hard for me to believe that that's not the image they were aiming for, also concerning the design of the room itself.

Unless this picture is a fake or touched up or something. I have seen major news sites comment about the orb touching picture but not this one.

i loved this mission in deus ex.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Samurai Sanders posted:

Some of the dinosaurs in the audience might have had one of their parents torn apart by one of them so yeah sounds like a good idea to discuss them delicately.

But uhhh why would this kind of thing come up in a graduation speech?

Have you not heard any of the grad speeched by conservative talking heads? They're all about railing on how terrible kids these days are.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

HAT FETISH posted:

Honestly if you're even aware that SA is a place that exists then there's a pretty reasonable chance that you're perfectly capable of finding quick and easy answers to 101 level poo poo. Being a patronising gently caress and treating trans people as inherently exotic and unknowable is a super mega ultra bad look, buddy.

Hi, you're being an rear end in a top hat. Many people don't even know how to find 101 stuff that's accurate and up to date (in part because trans discourse moves really fast) and access to a cellphone is not inherently tied with research skills. Assuming that everyone has the educational tools to learn about a complex issue with many different sides and active and deliberate deception going on by the anti trans people. This applies to everyone that jumped down a poster's rear end for asking something that I wish I was asked more in person, compared to 'what are you?'.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

T-man posted:

Hi, you're being an rear end in a top hat. Many people don't even know how to find 101 stuff that's accurate and up to date (in part because trans discourse moves really fast) and access to a cellphone is not inherently tied with research skills. Assuming that everyone has the educational tools to learn about a complex issue with many different sides and active and deliberate deception going on by the anti trans people. This applies to everyone that jumped down a poster's rear end for asking something that I wish I was asked more in person, compared to 'what are you?'.
lmao yeah nah I actually don't think "well, hmm. transphobia exists, and also being trans is Just So Complicated for Normal People!!!" is a valid excuse for people choosing to take the time to accuse others of Jumping Up Down Their Throat rear end instead of taking thirty seconds to take an incredibly brief look at the already linked twitter profile of the person being discussed

Jesus loving poo poo

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

gently caress I'm tired, can someone else please post a shitload of cartoons and drown out the trans-thread flame war.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

http://www.bellarmine.edu/static-content/magazine/summer2011/?page=14#?page=14

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

It’s ransomware that attacked computers around the globe last week. The malware was loaded onto networks through certain versions of Windows. (Microsoft blames the NSA.) It then encrypts your system and demands ransom to unlock your computer. Three hundred dollars payable in bitcoin.

According to Wired WannaCry can tell when it’s being detected and go dormant. Later, when when you least expect it, it comes back. Kind of like shingles for computers.

The feds want software companies to leave backdoors on computers to make it easier to for them snoop around. Unfortunately, bad guys can get in through the back door too.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

That's one heck of a "some gizmo"

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

"It's such a shame about the state of political discourse in this country today also Hillary is a huge ol' beyootch." - Scott Stantis, Eric Allie

quote:

"Learning about current events is dumb." - Chip Bok

• Locked thread