Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I topped 100 damage in Isaac. The Lamb died in 3 shots.

The only downside was it took me an hour to fire those 3 shots. Proptosis + Sacred Heart - any Tears Up whatsoever because RNG will never not gently caress me in some way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Imagine being autistic about Nutella.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Steambot Chronicles?

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
I have 3 physical Switch games now and I feel like I've hosed up.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I'm getting Disgaea 5 digital most likely because i'm a stupid idiot.

It will be my 2nd game

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Dizz posted:

I'm getting Disgaea 5 digital most likely because i'm a stupid idiot.

It will be my 2nd game

There is a lot to like about Disgaea 5. It's easily the most accessable of the series but you should just skip all of the dialogue and get to grinding item world and powerleveling your characters.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Question: Does nutella cancel out the Nintendo Switch cart bittering agent?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

There is a lot to like about Disgaea 5. It's easily the most accessable of the series but you should just skip all of the dialogue and get to grinding item world and powerleveling your characters.

I usually give the story one look and then immediately do what you just said.

I'm kinda bummed out about the main and side character though, as they are both a fist/gun user which mirrors Adell and Rosa

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm going to watch all the cutscenes in Disgaea 5 and I'm going to like it

(actually probably not though)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm not sure about Disgaea but the demo makes me excited for whatever Fire Emblem Switch is going to be.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm not sure about Disgaea but the demo makes me excited for whatever Fire Emblem Switch is going to be.

I have thoughts on that. I think we're getting this FE remake game as a trial balloon for exploration in a Fire Emblem game. The first Switch only game will likely be a mix of SoV, Awakenings, and maybe even the dual nature of Fates.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

maybe even the dual nature of Fates.

Because that worked so well in Fates

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Andrast posted:

It did from a sales perspective. They sold like gangbusters.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope it has a different art style other than just being an upscaled prettier version of the 3DS ones.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Andrast posted:

Hoshido player spotted.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I never did like Fire emblem, admittedly I only played one of the GBA versions but I'm gonna assume it's like pokemon where the games might improve, they're all still the same in terms of mechanics.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Advance Wars cannot live while Fire Emblem thrives.

Kill Fire Emblem.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dizz posted:

I never did like Fire emblem, admittedly I only played one of the GBA versions but I'm gonna assume it's like pokemon where the games might improve, they're all still the same in terms of mechanics.

Eh, they change mechanics a lot more than pokemon does but the gist is the same. Its still a turn based strategy game at its core.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dizz posted:

I only got deep in the one with Lady Marth and I really liked it once I threw that dragon jailbait girl directly into the trash.
Re-reading that sentence: Fire Emblem is bad.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Kill Fire Emblem.

Would it mean that Advance Wars characters will replace Fire Emblem characters in Smash

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jarogue posted:

Would it mean that Advance Wars characters will replace Fire Emblem characters in Smash

No they would get added too.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Kill Fire Emblem.

:yeah:

Thankfully Wargroove is a thing, or will be at some point.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you're having BoI issues I feel bad for you son

I got 99 problems but a seed ain't one

93LE GXSF

(Blow up the coloured rock outside the treasure room on the first floor)

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Dizz posted:

Its core gameplay is still ok but the games are basically anime now. I liked playing conquest but the story was so bad. I look forward to saying the same thing about disgaea 5 soon.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Fire Emblem became a Vita game

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Its core gameplay is still ok but the games are basically anime now. I liked playing conquest but the story was so bad. I look forward to saying the same thing about disgaea 5 soon.

Fire emblem was always anime.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Anime is good and so is Disgaea 5

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Yeah there's a lot of games these days where all I can think about how it's doing so well is because of anime/waifu fanservice

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Anime... good.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

We were the anime all along

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Anime is bad except when it's good

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
only good anime is a dead anime

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Good news! Vampire animes are really popular

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Way ahead of you, Dr. Tim

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Why does a vampire need sunglasses

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Norns posted:

They're just color-tinted. Also, the same reason he needs guns: he finds it amusing.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Good news! Vampire animes are really popular

Yeah, but they're all about child vampires falling in love with adult men.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I am looking forward to playing Disgaea 5. Very sad the demo save file doesn't transfer, because now I have to do the first chapter over again and I had already started to sperg out and unlock classes.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Norns posted:

The sun is harmful to vampires, DUH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

deadly_pudding posted:

Way ahead of you, Dr. Tim

I loved this show whenever it came out. Seras the vampire sniper cutie and that butler dude with the strings to gently caress poo poo up were cool and good.

• Locked thread