Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Isn't the reason just that Shaggy is high and projecting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Snak posted:

Isn't the reason just that Shaggy is high and projecting?

no scrappy can talk just fine, actually it's scoob who's high af. but it is shaggy's fault for blowing weed smoke at his dog

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I know Scrappy can talk, I thought we were talking about Scooby.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

new rain world critters, apparently friendly unless you upset them

babies!

stabbing implements!

bonus don't click if spiders spook you out
https://my.mixtape.moe/ugaalw.webm

i love the way things move in this game it's so cool!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello everyone

The wedding yesterday was kind of a mess, mainly because the reception was bleh

We got lost on the drive home so a 2 hour trip turned into a 5 hour trip back lol whoops

At least we got to walk around the mall from the first Dawn of the Dead, though. We got some bubble tea while we were there, it was good.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Whose wedding?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
A friend's. Well, moreso a friend of a friend's but we know each other sorta

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Snak posted:

I know Scrappy can talk, I thought we were talking about Scooby.

i meant more like scooby can talk too but he's always so hosed up that it comes out all ruffy

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FirstAidKite posted:

At least we got to walk around the mall from the first Dawn of the Dead, though.

Neat

I went to a friend's birthday party at the bar last night and it turned into one of those transcendentally good nights out where almost everybody you know and like turns up, the people you dislike don't, and everybody is in a good mood and hovering around that fun party phase instead of getting sick or sad or fighty

Also managed not to pay for a single drink all night

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

http://sourcegaming.info/2017/04/19/kirbys-development-secrets/#more-14894

quote:

Sakurai revealed a development story. At the time, the development tool that HAL Laboratory was using was the Twin Famicom, a console that combined the Famicom and the Famicom Disk System. A trackball made specifically for the Twin Famicom was used with the machine, which read and wrote data to a floppy disk and uploaded data to the floppy disks [during development].

Essentially, they were using a Famicom to make Famicom games. Sakurai told the crowd, “It’s like using a lunchbox to make lunch”. 
Their development tools didn’t even have keyboard support, meaning values had to be input using a trackball and an on-screen keyboard. By modern standards, it’s unthinkable, and nobody would ever do it, but at the time, Sakurai was a 20-year-old rookie, so he just thought that was the way it was done. 

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

he was broken from day one

Serf
May 5, 2011

Man Dead Cells is so much fun. I don't usually like this type of game but it is really clicking with me for some reason.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

lets hang out posted:

new rain world critters, apparently friendly unless you upset them

babies!

stabbing implements!

bonus don't click if spiders spook you out
https://my.mixtape.moe/ugaalw.webm

i love the way things move in this game it's so cool!

I kinda wish they'd add a casual mode because the thought of people not able to experience the amazing creature behavior because of how balls-hard the game is makes me sad.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Pigbuster posted:

I kinda wish they'd add a casual mode because the thought of people not able to experience the amazing creature behavior because of how balls-hard the game is makes me sad.

they're working on some kind of difficulty selection where you pick different color slugcats when starting the game. yellow will be easier but they haven't explained how yet, white is like the game currently is, and red will be hard mode (sounds like more enemies) but red slugcat can carry a spear on its back and eat lizards?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I've been watching some youtube and I keep seeing this Wilson's Heart(?) advert. It's cool and weird casting that they used Steven Wright for the voice over.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63HV51GYtSs

I like watching dumb youtube lists like this just to see what other people think about poo poo, but this list really confused me. Everything on it seemed sensible enough but then he lists Final Fantasy X as having a really bad ending because it makes no sense and just happens and that it isn't explained why Tidus is suddenly a ghost and just goes away and I'm just left thinking "did you even play the game??"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I thought I was enjoying Assassin's Creed Syndicate but then I spent 3 hours trying to beat the last fight club and now I hate everything

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I thought I was enjoying Assassin's Creed Syndicate but then I spent 3 hours trying to beat the last fight club and now I hate everything

Did you ever consider...not spending 3 hours trying to beat a side mission and just ignoring it instead?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63HV51GYtSs

I like watching dumb youtube lists like this just to see what other people think about poo poo, but this list really confused me. Everything on it seemed sensible enough but then he lists Final Fantasy X as having a really bad ending because it makes no sense and just happens and that it isn't explained why Tidus is suddenly a ghost and just goes away and I'm just left thinking "did you even play the game??"

A lot of people miss that and I don't know why - the cutscenes are unskippable! The ghost kid can be a bit vague at times but they spell it out pretty well I thought.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Final Fantasy X's ending is just as stupid and bad as the rest of the game, so I don't understand singling it out as particularly egregious.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The only bad thing about FFXs ending is that it didn't end on the father-son high five.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Watching the new twin peaks, David Lynch should really do a silent Hill game

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Mordja posted:

Did you ever consider...not spending 3 hours trying to beat a side mission and just ignoring it instead?

CharlieFoxtrot attempted a Nioh boss 150 times in one go.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

precision posted:

Watching the new twin peaks, David Lynch should really do a silent Hill game

Or maybe a sequel to a popular NES game?
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/866474710304833536

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Macarius Wrench posted:

CharlieFoxtrot attempted a Nioh boss 150 times in one go.

:eng101: It was 236 times!

I spent another hour on the fight club but then I realized that maybe I am spending too much time trying to be better at Ubisoft's mediocre fighting system when I could be putting that time into Injustice 2's fighting system and hopefully find that more rewarding

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

:eng101: It was 236 times!

I had to downplay the number i guessed because I think I'd be done after 10 :haw:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Done as in beat the boss or done as in gave up

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The ending of FFX should be praised for leaving the state of Spira in a perfect position for the masterpiece of our times, Final Fantasy X-2.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Done as in beat the boss or done as in gave up

Gave up. I'm the guy that took 4 years to beat dark souls 1.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

a cursed image

https://twitter.com/Bboy_Izilla/status/866626845059493888

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Serf posted:

Man Dead Cells is so much fun. I don't usually like this type of game but it is really clicking with me for some reason.

from the giantbomb video I saw it looks like Rogue Legacy but way better. I thought the *idea* and concept of Rogue Legacy was cool but was bored to tears by the simplistic gameplay and worthless "heritage trait" system. Dead Cells looks 100x better and with actual combat and cooler skills. I was holding off on it but might not be able to much longer.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

from the giantbomb video I saw it looks like Rogue Legacy but way better. I thought the *idea* and concept of Rogue Legacy was cool but was bored to tears by the simplistic gameplay and worthless "heritage trait" system. Dead Cells looks 100x better and with actual combat and cooler skills. I was holding off on it but might not be able to much longer.

Just keep telling yourself: "It's early access, it's early access..."

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just finished Valiant Hearts, dang :(

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Finished persona 5, now to find something that will tide me over until tekken 7 comes.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
The final episode of Samurai Jack had the same poo poo pacing that plagued the rest of the season's last chunk, but I'm still glad the show finally got some closure

Serf
May 5, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

I really enjoy the weapons, as each one is distinct and forces you to rethink how you approach each opponent. The combat is also fast and super smooth. With a controller it feels great. It also helps that the game looks fantastic, and the particle effects are really good and make the bigger fights feel properly chaotic and crazy. My only complaint so far is they need more weapon types, and that the turret power is so much better than everything else that you'll never not be using it. Turret + some flavor of grenade pretty much lets you cheese every non-elite in the game with enough patience.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sefal posted:

Finished persona 5, now to find something that will tide me over until tekken 7 comes.

I just beat the... fourth dungeon, I think? Or fifth? The sandy one.

None of the boss fights have been fun, or rather, they've all been fun but none of them needed to be RPG boss fights, in none of them did I feel like "killing" the boss with "damage" was necessary or fun, they should have just kept the fight gimmicks in and completely fudged the issue of the bosses having HP or doing damage to you.

Or perhaps what I'm thinking is, the Palaces should have a traditional JRPG boss fight, and then have the "story boss fight" and just have that play out like a little minigame or whatever.

Also, Persona 5 really does a good job of reminding me how loving ANNOYING CELL PHONES ARE

Also, I just now noticed that Morgana says "make sure you reply later!" implying that I have hosed up and every time I got an invite I was supposed to actually Decline rather than just Not Text Back like a normal person.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Good morning games. Google tried to cheer me up over the fact that another weekend has vaporized by compiling a bunch of pictures of my dog into a video. It was a pretty good way to start the day.

Sakurazuka posted:

I just finished Valiant Hearts, dang :(

You reminded me that I bought that on sale on the 360 a couple of years ago and never played it. I should blow the dust off it and get around to those games that are still in the shrink wrap. I never thought I'd become That Guy. :smith:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm currently trying to go through some short games that I've had sitting around on my hard drive forever so I can beat them and delete them. I'm always running out of space and I have a million indies I've played for five minutes at most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm currently trying to go through some short games that I've had sitting around on my hard drive forever so I can beat them and delete them. I'm always running out of space and I have a million indies I've played for five minutes at most.

I should do this. but not for space but to just clear my backlog a little bit.

Edit: unrelated, but just got around to watching hero academia season 2. Loving your avatar

• Locked thread