Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The New York Times did an interview article with some truckers recently. Nothing we didn't already know, but it's still disheartening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The best part of this article was the ad inviting people to drive for Lyft in the middle of it. What a world

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Ainsley McTree posted:

The best part of this article was the ad inviting people to drive for Lyft in the middle of it. What a world

Yeah, it's Uber that's disrupting the freight market, not Lyft.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I made a video, I should do another one when I get this truck upgraded enough for the heavy haul stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYkefQLM0Y
A youtube thumbnail has to look stupid as hell right? thats pretty much a rule I think.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
The heavy cargo pack is out for ATS:
http://blog.scssoft.com/2017/06/heavy-cargo-pack-dlc-for-ats-is-out.html

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Man, what is it with mod communities for weird games? I can't just blame it on English as a second language- The steam workshop, which is awful for mods granted (presumably because no adsite link pennies,) is so crazy disorganized because no one respects tags at all.

The "trucks" category has, on ONLY the FIRST PAGE:
Some trucks
Lights
Mostly Skins
And a general Chassis mod

I get it, you want me to download your DBZ Brolly truck skin but just tag it loving right and no I don't want to donate.

E: and don't get me started on how disorganized the other sites are. I never thought that I'd *want* a Nexus site, but holy crap. It feels like I'm 2008 walking a minefield of terrible quality mods with diamonds hidden in between.

Anime Store Adventure fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 11, 2017

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's got to be better than trying out new levels for Jedi Knight in 1998

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

rt4 posted:

yeah but that moment when you discovered the dismemberment command and enabled Darth Maul kickflips...

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

rt4 posted:

It's been a long time since I played that game but IIRC if you tried to join a match where the host was running a map you didn't have, it would hardlock your computer

I owned a hacker pretty hard using that knowledge once

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

For those of you that didn't get the heavy cargo pack DLCs they are bundled together now (along with the High Power Cargo Pack DLC for ETS2) http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/3714/SCS_Cargo_Addict/

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Truck Goons,
I'm looking for a wheel to play sim racing games and sim trucking games.
Is there a better option than a Logitech G920+shifter that isn't several times the cost?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Khablam posted:

Truck Goons,
I'm looking for a wheel to play sim racing games and sim trucking games.
Is there a better option than a Logitech G920+shifter that isn't several times the cost?

Driving Force GT or G27 if you can find them for a decent price. The Thrustmaster T150 is also pretty good and $100 cheaper than a G920 with the TH8A shifter.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

I bought a Driving Force GT last year second hand for pretty cheap and I like it. pedals are a bit shite and I'd like to replace with with something better one day maybe from a G27, but the wheel is good.
also there's only a up/down shifter along with the paddles. doesn't really bother me that much but might annoy others who want an H-pattern

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah, but if you're willing to get into adaptors pretty much any bit of racing wheel stuff can be used over USB rather than having to be plugged into the wheel it's meant to be used with so you can have a DFGT and swap the pedals out for the T3PAs. Thrustmaster make USB adaptors for their stuff themselves as well which makes that easier. The G27 endures mostly because it's a solid wheel that comes as standard with a 3-pedal set and an H-pattern shifter rather than the current standard of wheels only coming with a 2-pedal set.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

njsykora posted:

Driving Force GT or G27 if you can find them for a decent price. The Thrustmaster T150 is also pretty good and $100 cheaper than a G920 with the TH8A shifter.

From what I can tell from opaque names, I need to get the T150 RS pro to get 3 pedals, then the shifter. In UK prices at least that makes the G920 cheaper overall, as there's loads of places bundling them for £180.

Thanks for the feedback all.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Any pics of the new heavy cargo load outs in their natural habitat? On its side/upside down

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Buy the thrustmaster. I'm not sure if the 150 is belt driven or not but if it is it's leaps and bounds above gear.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

tater_salad posted:

Buy the thrustmaster. I'm not sure if the 150 is belt driven or not but if it is it's leaps and bounds above gear.

T150 is combo belt/gear. So not quite as good as a belt drive like the T300 but better than a gear drive like the G29.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I own the 300 and it rocks.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

njsykora posted:

T150 is combo belt/gear. So not quite as good as a belt drive like the T300 but better than a gear drive like the G29.

G29 + 3 pedals + shifter : £179
T300 + 3 pedals + shifter : £412
Is the difference possibly worth £233 / ~$300 ?

That or ignore the shifter and RP a guy with one leg who has had adaptations made to his vehicles I guess.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Holy poo poo the G29 is seriously that cheap already? I have not been keeping up with these prices but gently caress if you're just buying a wheel for trucksim then yeah get the G29 if it's down that low.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah when I was looking the t300 wasn't they much more than the g29.
Also you are getting an amazing quality shifter the Logitech one is cheap as poo poo for a reason.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I ordered the t300 anyway because I have no impulse control.
I'll just grab the shifter when/if the price dips a little.

Thanks for the feedback.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

The shifter is out I'd stock lots of places which means the price goes up on Amazon. Once people stop buying it up it'll get better.

The wheel market is weird there's not a lot of mid level stuff out there at the moment.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
New beta for ats is out!

They added triple trailers!

http://blog.scssoft.com/2017/07/american-truck-simulator-128-open-beta.html?m=1

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
This is going to cause so many accidents, I'm looking forward to the full release. Looks like it won't require DLC either.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I had no idea triple trailers were even a thing but I also don't live in Literally Nowhere, Nevada so I guess I wouldn't. I'm going to get stuck on so many freeway entrances.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

I had no idea triple trailers were even a thing but I also don't live in Literally Nowhere, Nevada so I guess I wouldn't. I'm going to get stuck on so many freeway entrances.

YouTube Australian truckers. They do triple trailers frequently and holy poo poo.....

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

YouTube Australian truckers. They do triple trailers frequently and holy poo poo.....

https://youtu.be/o6aCFvz-n_0?t=57s

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 20, 2017

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Kibayasu posted:

Triples are allowed on the Ohio Turnpike and Indiana Toll Road. There are lots at a number of the exits where the double/triple trailer trucks pull off and exchange loads, which are then taken by local trucks to/from nearby facilities.

For the longest time as a kid I was confused at why most of the world seems to find multi-trailer trucks unique because I grew up around the Turnpike and saw doubles/triples constantly.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.
I saw triples all the time around Las Vegas, usually hauling rocks or gravel.

I'm confused that it says doubles are not legal in CA, because I see them on the freeway constantly. I guess they are only legal (at a length worth doing) on interstates and a couple of feeder roads.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

1.28 Open Beta has hit ETS2

http://blog.scssoft.com/2017/07/euro-truck-simulator-2-open-beta-ver-128.html

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
One patch note I noticed.

Steam Inventory support to allow for distributing rewards from upcoming World of Trucks events

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
What does that mean?

The doubles look interesting, hopefully they should be a bit less frustrating than the heavy cargo when used with promods. The amount of times I've had to teleport around a low bridge or had to reload the game is a bit annoying. I just hope the next version has some sort of low bridge marker on the map so I can route around them.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Presumably so they can have more World of Trucks events (like the christmas present delivery one) except it'll give you in game items via steam inventory instead of by going to the website and redeeming a code or whatever.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

track day bro! posted:

What does that mean?

Lockboxes and hats!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Lockboxes and hats!

If I can put hats on my trucks, I don't know if I'll play any other game ever.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I'm not sure whether I'd prefer my truck's cabin to be wearing a cabin-sized hat or just have a human-sized one sitting on top, but I want it either way.

Mr Darcy
Feb 8, 2006
So something like this then?

Edit: sorry I have a 5 year old boy child. Feel my pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

So does anyone have any pro tips for backing articulated trailers? (i.e. the dual trailers available in the ETS2 1.28 public beta [Scandinavian routes only, also rare as gently caress])

Currently I'm sticking with "don't. Just don't". I'm fine with a single trailer, and even the long-wheelbase steerable trailers in the heavy cargo pack, but trying to back a double trailer just results in tears. Either the second trailer turns the same way but more exaggerated than the first trailer, or it turns the other way and I basically jackknife myself in the span of 20 metres. And I can't predict which one is going to happen any given time I try and back up.