Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Thumbtacks posted:

also apparently the new enochian tooltip is this:

"For the duration of Enochian, Magic Damage dealt by you is increased by 5%. In addition, you may cast Blizzard IV and Fire IV. Enochian is lost immediately upon losing "Astral Fire" or "Umbral Ice". Additional Effect: Upon maintaining Enochian for a duration of 30 seconds, you gain Polyglot. Activation Conditions: Must be under the effect of "Astral Fire" or "Umbral Ice""

no idea what polyglot is though

That's annoying that it requires umbral/astral now, but thankfully the typical opener involves using it after an f1 with sharpcast anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

eh not a lot of point in thinking about typical HW openers when it comes to SB skills.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I like how the first story raid is a 30 second fight where you and a posse of 7 other people show up and beat the poo poo out of a guy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Verisimilidude posted:

I like how the first story raid is a 30 second fight where you and a posse of 7 other people show up and beat the poo poo out of a guy.

I'm guessing you're talking about Cape Westwind. It falls under the category of trials rather than raids, though. Outside of storymode Garuda/Titan/Ifrit, all trials in this game are 8 player encounters with a single boss fight. Raids themselves get more in depth.

Cape Westwind at one point had mechanics, but it's so overgeared that they're a joke.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Cape westwind at min ilevel sure is a thing :v:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
When's the live letter anyways?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BrightWing posted:

When's the live letter anyways?

Monday, May 22, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. (PDT)

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Truga posted:

Cape westwind at min ilevel sure is a thing :v:

It's a pretty funny way to watch half the party get blown up at once though.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm guessing you're talking about Cape Westwind. It falls under the category of trials rather than raids, though. Outside of storymode Garuda/Titan/Ifrit, all trials in this game are 8 player encounters with a single boss fight. Raids themselves get more in depth.

Cape Westwind at one point had mechanics, but it's so overgeared that they're a joke.

Which is a bit of a shame since out of all the Garlean bad guys i was super stoked to fight dual-wielding shield man! Then i found out Nero was actually a Hammer user from Monster Hunter in disguise all along and i actually felt kinda bad for killing him.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Which is a bit of a shame since out of all the Garlean bad guys i was super stoked to fight dual-wielding shield man! Then i found out Nero was actually a Hammer user from Monster Hunter in disguise all along and i actually felt kinda bad for killing him.

If it makes you feel any better, you didn't.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Sinteres posted:

If it makes you feel any better, you didn't.

That's why you should do Praetorium with a group that'll wait for watching cutscenes. I remember doing CT and being so confused as to why Nero was there.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Since they're doing the squad thing anyway, it would be cool if they turned Prae into a solo duty with AI companions so people can actually experience it instead of just running alongside people who can't wait to be done with it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Or just pop into an inn room and watch the cutscenes after the run.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

dogsicle posted:

Or just pop into an inn room and watch the cutscenes after the run.

While an option, and one I always recommend to new players when I run into them given I don't usually run Prae outside the msq roulette it really doesn't compare to watching them while in the dungeon.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I watched them at the inn, but it's really lovely that people need a workaround to find a way to enjoy the culmination of the main story plot of the game's release.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
likin the enochian changes, seems like a real good way of opening up the job for further mechanics with SB skills without completely eliminating enochian

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Eopia posted:

While an option, and one I always recommend to new players when I run into them given I don't usually run Prae outside the msq roulette it really doesn't compare to watching them while in the dungeon.

It's also what I did, so yeah I can't really compare with how they fit into the actual run. I figured it wouldn't hurt my experience that much while expediting the run for seven other people.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Surely they were going with the "well if half the group is going to stop and watch the cutscene i guess we have no choice but to wait" approach when it comes to making sure at least SOME people saw the ending to their story.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
the solution in heavensward, and i believe it will be the same going forward, is not to put multiple 10 minute cutscenes in the middle of the drat dungeons

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sinteres posted:

I watched them at the inn, but it's really lovely that people need a workaround to find a way to enjoy the culmination of the main story plot of the game's release.

You could always find friends to do the story dungeons with. I don't think that's too unreasonable in a massive multiplayer game.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I think part of it is that Praetorium and Castrum are so easy to overgear that nobody really needs to wait on one or two people, they can just keep going full throttle.

There isn't really a way to fix it now either, since if you did something like enforce a lower maximum ilvl you would just wind up with nobody running it and newbies would have to wait forever to get in.

The only good solution is that is you have a friend who is about to hit level 50 for the first time, put together a party to run it with them so they can watch the cutscenes if that's what they want to do.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I thought I could use the discounted Amazon SB bundle (ARR+HW+SB) to finally get off steam, but it seems like they won't give keys for ARR+HW until all three keys are given out on the 20th. You get an early access key, but nothing you can apply it to.

I still might do it since I'm traveling till the 18th.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

You could always find friends to do the story dungeons with. I don't think that's too unreasonable in a massive multiplayer game.

I think it's a bit rough to find 7 people to do it with unless you're in a FC or something. Which isn't a problem here or so-on but is a problem if you're playing casually or on a less-occupied server.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

nuru posted:

I thought I could use the discounted Amazon SB bundle (ARR+HW+SB) to finally get off steam, but it seems like they won't give keys for ARR+HW until all three keys are given out on the 20th. You get an early access key, but nothing you can apply it to.

You can't apply a second PC license to your account. Unless you're intending to make a new account, of course.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

nuru posted:

I uuh... don't think this will work. Not too certain but I think that you can't have both a steam and non-steam copy registered to the one account. If you want to use the non-steam version you will need to create a new account.

edit: ^^^ yeah i figured

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
I noticed I was starting to get addicted to this game while I was sick, so I decided to uninstall and take a break from it since I have some life stuff that needs to take priority. I wanted to say thanks and show my appreciation to the nice folks in <<daddy>> for being cool and running lowbie dungeons with little Sora Cho. :)

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Thumbtacks posted:

also apparently the new enochian tooltip is this:

"For the duration of Enochian, Magic Damage dealt by you is increased by 5%. In addition, you may cast Blizzard IV and Fire IV. Enochian is lost immediately upon losing "Astral Fire" or "Umbral Ice". Additional Effect: Upon maintaining Enochian for a duration of 30 seconds, you gain Polyglot. Activation Conditions: Must be under the effect of "Astral Fire" or "Umbral Ice""

no idea what polyglot is though

What the heck does Blizzard IV do in this world, just give you 100 more potency per umbral cycle??

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

kojei posted:

You can't apply a second PC license to your account. Unless you're intending to make a new account, of course.

Everything about the way this game handles licenses and accounts is :catstare:.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Ferrinus posted:

What the heck does Blizzard IV do in this world, just give you 100 more potency per umbral cycle??
still maintains the buff one could assume

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dukka posted:

still maintains the buff one could assume

the buff is maintained by having astral fire/umbral ice up according to tooltip

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Knowing what we know now about Enochian I bet Blizzard 1 transforms into Blizzard 4 upon reaching [level].

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Oh hey, I guess I should have been watching the actual video content from the Stormblood video instead of just listening to it in the background. Alisaie really is our RDM NPC buddy now.

edit: That's some title screen.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 22, 2017

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
dat new title screen

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

is the live letter going on now?

Edit: It is, and in English! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ka3PwPa1JI

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Foxclon's (that is Foxclon, right?) english is shockingly good.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

His voice is dead tho

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
G13 SUPREMACY!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wow, role actions are a lot more extensive than I thought they would be. All tanks are getting Reprisal and Low Blow. All casters are getting Apocatastasis!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

20% MP to another player is huge for something like WHM if it's coming from a BLM or SMN

Raging Strikes is gone

Quelling is changed to something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Raging Strikes is just flat out gone

• Locked thread